Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2013 9:05 PM

Jul 2011
Okay.... I can't do this ;_; I didn't like the ending at all, because there were too many loose ends not tied in; therefore, this is my headcanons which I feel like I must record physically, in order for me to... move on, I guess :'D

1. Harada Sanosuke survived :'D
--> Harada was given Ochimizu in the last minute because Shiranui admired his, um... bushido or something. So Harada was able to reunite with Shinpachi, and then the three of them lived happily ever after back in Choushu after the war ended :'D

2. Saito died. Screw history. (Okay, don't screw it, I really like history) but seriously? If it were not for the single fact that according to History, Saito survived, I would have 100% believed Saito died without a doubt. Simply because the way this battle was presented showed pretty clearly that Saito knew he was charging to his death; and if he died in that battle, it would have been much more beautiful this way.

3. Hijikata survived... I put a lot of thought into this one, actually. Having been told he dies from the very beginning, I had braced myself for a lot. I didn't really care how Chizuru felt if Hijikata lived or died, but well... the ending would have been really terrible if he did die. Because there were so many lose ends, if Hijikata died, it would have been like introducing all these problems, and then not dealing with them as they conclude the story with the main character's death. However, if the main character doesn't die, (I know technically Chizuru is the main chara, but forget about her for the moment -_-) it feels like a better ending as it's not the end of everything yet. If you refer to my 5th headcanon, I think Hijikata would be better off dead... but... then like I've been saying, the story will feel seriously incomplete.

4. The oni girl from Season 1 takes Hiji and Chizuru in. I mean, why not? :)

5. All them dead people (Kondo, Okita, Heisuke, Sanan, Saito, etc) reunite in the afterworld and drink sake together :'D (Okay, please ignore this, it's just for my own peace of mind)

But yeah... what's this you're saying? It contradicts history? :'D Bahahaha, I stopped caring about the History ever since Sanan drank the Ochimizu~
You're welcome to agree, disagree or ignore this post, but don't hate too much, please :)
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

160 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 18, 2023 5:01 AM

» Why didn't Chizuru... (spoilers)

AriAkiko - May 8, 2011

12 by Kana-Cucumber »»
Aug 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 14, 2010

61 by justduckyxx »»
May 27, 2018 10:18 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

56 by SenChen »»
Sep 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2010

100 by MelMelMel »»
May 11, 2017 11:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.