Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2013 11:36 PM

Jan 2011
I suspect a number of us had a cringing recognition of some of the ways we screwed things up when we were awkward or shy (or awkwardly shy) high school students. Over the course of season Tomoko has made a number of efforts to improve or change things, usually with disastrously funny results. However, she keeps trying--no matter how goofy she looked, or how badly she misread the situation, she carries on. And as her sempai says in the end, she is kind of cute. Hopefully, someday, someone else will realize that and take a step to bridge that social gap between Tomoko and the rest of the world.

I'm ready for another season, even if I haven't been able to watch one episode this year without pausing it in order to allow my sympathetic embarrassment to subside.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 23, 2013 11:45 PM

Aug 2013
Truth be told I would have been happier with having episode 11 as the ending rather than this one.

The first part wasn't that great and kinda slow with the only enjoyable thing being the brother bonding they did in the middle.

The arm dealer part didn't impress me the least, most probably because I had read about it already in the manga.

The roach part made me laugh with the class fleeing from it, LOL!

Got my hopes high when I saw Imae again and expected a happy ending but Tomoko ruined it by running away! Made no sense, just because of the panties? And the way Imae said she couldn't keep her eyes out of Tomoko made me kinda want to ship them together even if I always saw it as TomokoXYuu.

Saw many liked the ending but to me it was too abrupt with the running and the way Yuu just forgot about Tomoko after seeing the kitten. If I saw my friend running like crazy and saw his/her face covered in tears I would try to at least know what's wrong. Still laughed at the oppai bouncing, XD

And so we get a trivial ending for a trivial story? Mokkochi's story isn't that trivial, I myself have felt what's like to not fit in and it really is a struggle. I like the fact she doesn't care about it anymore but I felt there was no progression between those states. Just she was trying to talk to Imae one moment and the next she was running and changed her view. Made me feel more like she said "its impossible, I give up" rather than "what I wanted was wrong and I'll change to be better and happy" but no, instead looks like someone defeated, a true loser. Lost a lot of respect for her after that.

And also didn't get any of the endings I wanted, either a truly happy one where she managed to make a friend (preferably with the school president) or a despair inducing one where she goes crazy and/or kills herself (yeah I've watched too much Madoka lately XD).

So all in all, I'll give this series a 9/10 and forget about this episode while expecting a second season. To me it ends in 11 ;)
Sep 23, 2013 11:46 PM

Aug 2012
Them references, Attack on Titan salute :p

Lol, the running at the ending was priceless though
Sep 23, 2013 11:51 PM
Aug 2011
jondoom said:
LOL @ the Misaki Mei reference from Another! Literally DIED laughing for a good 10 minutes.

Oh, so you are dead now? I wonder what people think when they bring "literally" up
Back to the episode and the anime as a whole, I would describe this as painful, poor Tomoko, social interactions didn't fit her
Sep 24, 2013 12:02 AM

Feb 2010
Tomoko you will be missed^^
Sep 24, 2013 12:02 AM

May 2013
good show 7/10 from me
Sep 24, 2013 12:08 AM

Jul 2013
Well I enjoy the season, despite it's pain and sad moments for Tomoko. Also the episode was good though still being the loner in the end. This gives me an 8/10.

Sep 24, 2013 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
A tragic tale of a brilliant OP and beginning to nothing but a sadistic cartoon.
5/10
Really, this was pretty much the biggest disappointment after that start, went from absolutely loving it the first episode to absolutely loathing it, a first for me.
OrevatafSep 24, 2013 4:27 AM

Sep 24, 2013 12:16 AM

May 2013
Saw some references in this episode.

LOL Yuu chasing after Tomoko but then stops to hug a cat.

Funny series. Hope they make a second season.
Sep 24, 2013 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
Average show from me, not really my type of comedy.

7/10
Sep 24, 2013 12:30 AM
Sep 2012
That pantsu scene was just so random and Yuu running after Tomoko in the end was hilarious.

7/10
Sep 24, 2013 12:51 AM

Jan 2011
eminagnam said:
I failed to understand why she panicked so much when she met Imai. I understood she was so self-conscious she couldn't talk to that girl and ran away from her. But was there any need to panic so much? Like she herself said at the end, it was a trivial thing after all.

Consult this manga page (doesn't spoil anything that's been shown in the anime)
Sep 24, 2013 1:19 AM

Mar 2012
greenmush said:
Loved the first episode, hated how the main character never made any improvements, blaming everything on others until the end. In the end her character only got worse. I feel stupid now expecting an ending where she would change. Cheating against children, lying to all her friends, thinking about herself most of the time, causing her brother trouble and acting like its always his fault. Really sad, so disappointed, the main character is so pathetic i feel so sorry for her.

Yup, instead of character development, we got some character regression.
Sep 24, 2013 1:38 AM

Mar 2013
the first half of the show was light years better than the 2nd

last ep sucked.

6/10
Sep 24, 2013 2:00 AM

Dec 2008
the rest of the episodes are ok but its sad for me to see Tomoko having some terrible luck that goes on her its like shes being making fun of :(

At least she made an effort in her life to make friends in her current school and made Imae-san like her a lot knowing she understand how Tomoko is very nervous and shy
What made me disappoint this last episode is running away from Imae-san on the look on your face full of terror LOL so overall for this comedy anime

8/10 for me
Sep 24, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2013
Good finale. It's admirable that this anime went with a realistic ending for Tomoko.
No character development.
Sep 24, 2013 2:10 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode had some great gags and references (one from Another was to be expected, but the reference to the Terra Formars manga was completely out of left field!), but all in all it was a bit disappointing as a last episode.

I don't know if i'd watch a second season unless there is some kind of development on Tomoko's part. She's such a sad character and her kind of issues are very real for many. But as far as I understand, she's still pretty much the same person in the manga, or isn't she?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 24, 2013 2:20 AM

Nov 2011
Awhhh I thought there was going to be another episode :(
Really solid series hoping for a second season.
8/10 overall
This episode was a classic though that I really really enjoyed if not the one I enjoyed the most.
It says the OVA will air Oct 22, 2014 is that meant to be 2013 or? Thanks.
Sep 24, 2013 2:34 AM

Feb 2013
A funny series with an awesome OP/ED. Still wish something good would happen to her once in a while. Hope there's a second season though!
~ El Psy Congroo~

Sep 24, 2013 2:46 AM

Apr 2011
leeo268 said:
greenmush said:
Loved the first episode, hated how the main character never made any improvements, blaming everything on others until the end. In the end her character only got worse. I feel stupid now expecting an ending where she would change. Cheating against children, lying to all her friends, thinking about herself most of the time, causing her brother trouble and acting like its always his fault. Really sad, so disappointed, the main character is so pathetic i feel so sorry for her.

Yup, instead of character development, we got some character regression.

You guys should have noticed that this was not a show about progression by the ambience the show was producing at the beginning.
Tomoko was a loser and she was meant to be a loser until the very ending, only comedy was meant to remain there.
I still liked it but yeah... It also would be way better for me if the show had taken a more serious approach, the ending of the ep11 made me feel very upset about the way the "writer" decided to make everything when he could've made a great heart warming story.
I'll say this again, I still liked it since I was not expecting Tomoko to make a great progression, I knew the way how's the show supposed to be and yes, it did a great work.
Sep 24, 2013 2:57 AM

Nov 2009
Another and SnK reference. Tomoki looked cool when he kicked the soccer ball. I felt sorry for Tomoko when Yuu forgot her after seeing a cat. I mean, she's her only friend yet a cat is more important than she is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2013 2:58 AM

May 2013
This was fun to watch T_T i ended 4 anime today

I love how the characters in this anime are all nice
I really just get shy for tomoko in some moments
Sep 24, 2013 3:17 AM

Jul 2013
This was a hilarious indeed, I could truly relate with Tomoko and many of the events that she has been through. It's like this anime was reenacting my life to some extant xD, most episodes hit hard at home, while others were cringe-worthy, but this was an enjoyable show. I really liked how Tomoko said it doesn't matter in the end, because in all honesty, who gives a crap about popularity? This is my show of the summer, it was great and I hope a second season comes by, I give it a 9/10.
Sep 24, 2013 3:19 AM

Mar 2013
Didn't really seem like an ending episode to me. Fun episode, plus those SNK & Another references :D I wish it would have a second season though it's kinda painful to watch especially when you see yourself as Tomoko. But i guess that's what makes WataMote interesting despite having a common plot.
Sep 24, 2013 3:26 AM
Jun 2008
I do not feel sad for Tomoko, but I feel sad for this Anime to end...

Seems like the score for this Anime drop from 8.1 to 7.7 .I thought it will be 8+ since it was a very enjoying Anime. I guess people who really enjoy are minority .

The ending warp up really nice, she now actually accept the fact of who she is but I bet in the future,she will still try out new epic failed tactic to be popular again .
Sep 24, 2013 3:47 AM

May 2013
I really enjoyed this anime a lot at the beginning at which I would've probably given it a 9 or 8 but as the episodes kept going I enjoyed it less but still enough to give it a 7/10. I definitely wouldn't mind a season two.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 24, 2013 4:00 AM

Sep 2011
I'll give this a 10/10 because (1) I'm biased, (2) After 12 episodes, some who are clueless at first finally get the real joke now. Bahaha! ^_^

Haha!

Some still didn't get it though... ^_^
Sep 24, 2013 5:09 AM

Mar 2013
Nyan-nyan100 said:
jondoom said:
LOL @ the Misaki Mei reference from Another! Literally DIED laughing for a good 10 minutes.

Oh, so you are dead now? I wonder what people think when they bring "literally" up
Back to the episode and the anime as a whole, I would describe this as painful, poor Tomoko, social interactions didn't fit her

Actually according to recent updates to the Oxford English Dictionary, "literally" can now mean "figuratively".
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Sep 24, 2013 5:23 AM
Sep 2012
lol did annyone even get the terraformars reference? (the cockroach bit). it is really popular in japan and was one of the top 10 best selling manga in 2012. hopefully it gets an anime and more people find out about it.

any way this episode was awesome and it had so many references (really glad i watched Another) kinda sad that its ended now. hope it sells well but for some reason i doubt it.
Sep 24, 2013 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
Ahh~ this was a fun show. Kuroki is olev!
The Art of Eight
Sep 24, 2013 5:52 AM

May 2013
I dont like these kind of endings.
Tomoki didnt make any real progress what so ever.
Sep 24, 2013 6:02 AM

Sep 2008
OMG! Shingeki no Kyojin is everywhere!
and that Another reference! *.*
Sep 24, 2013 6:11 AM

May 2011
Terra Formas and Another reference.
This will missed. Every episode was fun and enjoyable at the same. I really hope Kitta Izumi gets more roles after this adaptation because she was tremendous in this one. I don't know how the Manga is doing but hopefully they adapt more after they release the OVA.
Sep 24, 2013 6:40 AM

Oct 2008
i smell yuri for the second season LOL
Lucky-Star-6"TIMOTEI, TIMOTEI, TIMOTEI"

Sep 24, 2013 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty good, but I've expected a bit more from the last episode.

Hope that they'll produce a second season.
Sep 24, 2013 7:38 AM
Oct 2010
jsg said:
Went downhill with each episode doesn't even compare to NHK

in nhk in the end nothing have really changed, the same happened in watamote, these are the kind of animes that won't ever change.

9/10 for me
Sep 24, 2013 7:41 AM

Aug 2008
Well, this sure was disgusting, depressing and embarrassing to watch. I'd rather see either serious series about that kind of disorder or just a normal comedy. This was neither funny, nor telling any story. Quite pointless I guess. MC's face was making me sick, her voice was annoying and overall character design in the show was unimpressive at best.

All in all, it was just bad. Not horrible enough to remember, just something making you wonder why it was even made.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 24, 2013 7:44 AM
Oct 2008
Antanaru said:
Well, this sure was disgusting, depressing and embarrassing to watch. I'd rather see either serious series about that kind of disorder or just a normal comedy. This was neither funny, nor telling any story. Quite pointless I guess. MC's face was making me sick, her voice was annoying and overall character design in the show was unimpressive at best.

All in all, it was just bad. Not horrible enough to remember, just something making you wonder why it was even made.

Whaaaat! I thought this show was hilarious as hell. I laughed a lot and had fun while I felt embarrassed for the main character!

9/10
Sep 24, 2013 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
Antanaru said:

You shut your whore mouth about mai waifu! :<
The Art of Eight
Sep 24, 2013 7:52 AM

Mar 2013
Going to miss tomoko, hope she ends with imae-san in season 2, If ever gonna be one
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Sep 24, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2012
I found this to be a very good series. The ending was not as good as I was hopeing but still had its moments. Overall 8/10
Sep 24, 2013 8:10 AM
May 2012
if she had atleast a bit of integrity of what she preaches than this could be alot better, e.g. always thinking she is better than anyone else but does not manage to have a conversation with anyone,...pisses me kinda off cuz of only talk but no walk, i know that is supposed to be the funny factor here but for me it was more irritating than anything else,... she should have managed to make 1 or 2 friends by conversing only to find out she is still lonely and only assumes to have friends and suffer a mental break down like in onani master kurosawa,... but my humble opinion does matter so little so 6/10 it is
Sep 24, 2013 8:14 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I swear they played a parody of God Knows (Aya Hirano) during the cockroach scene. I lost it at the ending, as she was running.
I wouldn't mind a second season.
7/10
Sep 24, 2013 8:28 AM
Jun 2008
Tomoko being arrogant in front of her brother because she just don't want her brother to worried about her. Tomoki knows her sister being lonely and hurt( that is why she ask her to speak up before she leave) but her sister just doesn't want her brother to know she is hurt.
Well, this is just my point of view . I think that scene which is not found in the manga was really hearth warming.
Sep 24, 2013 8:35 AM

May 2010
Those middle school memories of Tomoko, and Yuu-chan thinks she was amazing when only she knows how it actually was xD

Tomoko really knows her, being a little bro but she is just... always hiding her feelings...

So her name is Imae-san, huh. I like that girl, Imae I mean. LMAO, that another reference, I just had to rewatch that part xD Tomoko, I feel so much for you...

That cockroach scene, lmao! The animation was so fluid, and boss Tomoko xD "God Knows" parody in the background, HAHAHA. Ever for once, I really liked her imagination.. :/ Poor Tomoko, even if she caught attention, it was a negative one... This time, she is properly trying, can't someone be friends with her for God's sake?!...

That Imae/Tomoko scene was so adorable, and nice! Damn, I love Imae, she understands Kuroki the best! All Kuroki needs is a little push and that's it. She can totally become friends with her.

That ending! She doesn't care? That... was random... I am not sure, if good or bad. I really loved this show though, but I wanted her to become better friends. It started great, but ended random. A solid 9/10 from me as I really love it, it had me feel sorry for her multiple times, and she was quite epic at times.

This episode was like the summary of entire season.
Sep 24, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2013
The anime was godawfully annoying and pathetic, I don't think it can be labeled as a comedy as I found no reason to laugh since episode 3 and even with the promise Of me finishing all the anime I started never have I wanted to drop one more, 2/10 from me and a definite candidate for my least favorite anime.
Sep 24, 2013 8:54 AM
Jun 2008
TragicRomance said:

That ending! She doesn't care? That... was random... I am not sure, if good or bad.
In the first episode, she care about it and she get over panic and made stupid mistake.She could stay calm and go with the flow.
I believe I learn this lesson from Sakurasou no pet. I remember someone gave an odd advice saying " don't do your very best " .Unfortunately, this is not as simple as in reality , people do get panic !!! LOL
Sep 24, 2013 8:59 AM

Aug 2010
Not a bad finale, but not too strong either. Seeing An Akagi...I mean Imae was a nice touch though. 4/5.

The series had its ups and fair share of downs, I'm going with a 6/10. There were only one or two scenes when I could genuinely sympathize with Tomoko, every other time she got what she deserved. Lot of wasted potential because of the SoL nature. Would improve having character development and such.
Sep 24, 2013 9:00 AM
Nov 2009
Anyone else noticed the Toriko reference?

There's like 0 character development from the mc, I was expecting her to atleast not stutter when saying bye to the teacher lol. 7/10
Sep 24, 2013 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
The Another and Terra Formars references lol
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2013

252 by owonism »»
Mar 12, 4:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.