Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu Episode 1 Discussion

Dec 29, 2016 3:44 AM

As expected from the Steins;Gate, movie was excellent.
Damn these feels.

Dec 30, 2016 6:50 PM

O M G
Such an epic movie.
Steins;Gate never ceases to take your breath away.
Just outstanding
These were made by my awesomely cool friend illmadz :

Jan 16, 2017 1:57 AM

Amazing Movie 9/10

Jan 28, 2017 7:59 AM
It was an awesome movie and the kiss scene was good i fell it was a little Short.

for me it was an 10/10.

Mar 10, 2017 12:12 PM

maaaaaaaaan this was the definition of meeeeeeeeeeh
light 6/10
Objectivity in art doesnt exist.

I eat ass

Mar 11, 2017 1:29 PM

I take my hat off. This is truly a masterpiece.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 21, 2017 1:07 AM

Aaawww, I liked this movie! 9/10

Man, it was so depressing to see Okabe in the R Line World all alone without a single other soul. He was just sitting there by himself in the middle of the street. Everyone give Okarin all your virtual hugs ;A;

I'm glad Kurisu saved him and that she was his first kiss -^__^- cuties <3

I wish they made a movie starring Suzuha in her own world where she was a soldier fighting and escaping from SERN. Then at the end, it shows how she ends up at the original World Line Okarin started in at the beginning of the anime. That would've been amazinggggg!
Modified by Kokoro_Inuzuka, Mar 21, 2017 1:11 AM

Mar 30, 2017 8:47 AM

fantastic 10/10, gonna a write a review.

May 15, 2017 10:26 AM

man what an amazing roller coster and the op song and the ed song is so good plus the gate of steiner ost man i love it so much . i wonder if the steins gate 0 will be adapted in the future .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku

Jun 16, 2017 9:29 AM

if he gets hit by a car in 30/06/2005 then wouldn't that mean the scene where he hugged mayori isn't there anymore ? wouldn't that make the emotional scene that mayori talked about not exist and that it would change the world a lot ?

Jun 16, 2017 1:25 PM

Mezo-RPWPA said:
if he gets hit by a car in 30/06/2005 then wouldn't that mean the scene where he hugged mayori isn't there anymore ? wouldn't that make the emotional scene that mayori talked about not exist and that it would change the world a lot ?

Note that the movie isn't canon so a lot of stuff in it doesn't make much sense to the original. Take it more of a character progression story that builds more on the connection between Okabe and Kurisu than actual continuation.
Although no, that doesn't stop Okabe from caring about Mayuri.

Jun 16, 2017 1:48 PM

Aquamirror said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Note that the movie isn't canon so a lot of stuff in it doesn't make much sense to the original. Take it more of a character progression story that builds more on the connection between Okabe and Kurisu than actual continuation.
Although no, that doesn't stop Okabe from caring about Mayuri.

i didn't know that it wasn't cannon so thanks for clearing that up , so did the studio make it on it's own without going back to the main author ?
anyway yes, he cares about her but that important scene doesn't happen at that time so even kristina shouldn't remember it as she forgets those stuff when she resets her world , but yeah that may happen later or he may comfort mayoshi any other time so i guess that doesn't make it a big flow in the story i guess

Jun 16, 2017 2:00 PM

Mezo-RPWPA said:
i didn't know that it wasn't cannon so thanks for clearing that up , so did the studio make it on it's own without going back to the main author ?

Yes, that's correct. It's a new original story not from the actual creators.
Mezo-RPWPA said:
anyway yes, he cares about her but that important scene doesn't happen at that time so even kristina shouldn't remember it as she forgets those stuff when she resets her world , but yeah that may happen later or he may comfort mayoshi any other time so i guess that doesn't make it a big flow in the story i guess

If going by canon logic, all these changes in the past should have diverted the wordline from Steins Gate which would defeat the whole point of the series, so yeah, don't think much about time travel effects here. That doesn't necessarily make it an unenjoyable movie though.

Jun 16, 2017 2:28 PM

Aquamirror said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Yes, that's correct. It's a new original story not from the actual creators.
Mezo-RPWPA said:

If going by canon logic, all these changes in the past should have diverted the wordline from Steins Gate which would defeat the whole point of the series, so yeah, don't think much about time travel effects here. That doesn't necessarily make it an unenjoyable movie though.

ok i guess i shouldn't really think much about it which is difficult to do but this is kinda disappointing that this original was much simpler to understand than the series

Jul 3, 2017 12:11 PM
omg the ending was stupendous ,never expected much after being little disappointed with the ova, but it surpassed my expectations.The plot wasn't air tighted like the oscillation of okabe in the R and steins gate w.line,or how he attained the personality of kyouma in other timelines but it was emotionally draining and raised the bar so high that i wont be able to take the essence of any other anime without comparing it to SG.Need some time to cool off lol before picking any other series.Arigato SG for such a wonderful experience
Modified by bakakisima, Jul 3, 2017 12:14 PM

Aug 29, 2017 8:03 AM
Everything was good apart from the ever annoying modern tsundere Christina. It's supposed to be after the VN and the end of it all, and still they couldn't give her a bit of a loving word towards Okabe.

He's certainly going to have a tough time getting any sex out of her!

Aug 31, 2017 11:47 AM

Stormen said:
Everything was good apart from the ever annoying modern tsundere Christina. It's supposed to be after the VN and the end of it all, and still they couldn't give her a bit of a loving word towards Okabe.

Movie is not canon. VN as source material ended on ep24.

Dec 14, 2017 2:57 PM

It was good an the writer did a marvelous job in making this one but the series is still better. This time it was Kurisu's turn to save Okabe but she did alright but I hated her indecisive nature ( too much of a Tsundere), I still say her relationship is no no because they are not honest with each other and also they too different. But I liked the movie's plot and all those deja vu moments, but it was strange Mayuri wasn't the most person to remember Okabe since they were so close. I guess they just went with the Kurisu route since she was perfect for the role.

Anyway 7/10.
Anime Is Life| Anime is My Universe| Anime is Freedom!!

Mar 17, 3:52 AM

Wow, I didn't expect to rate this movie high. The first half was a bit boring but later this was so emotional, It made me cry, but I didn't. I watch this movie as the Steins;Gate 0 is near. Overall 9/10.

Mar 28, 12:53 PM

This was quite the feels trip.

Definitely a great movie and more romance oriented than the TV series, which I liked.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Mar 29, 7:42 PM

Those last 20 minutes were an insult to the original magnum opus.
The first 110 minutes were just needlessly there.
This movie is a mistake.

It was decently entertaining, though. It's what usually matters the most for me, but I handle Steins; Gate with such care I can't just ignore this movie and pretend it didn't destroy what the prequel built.

Mar 30, 7:03 AM

raizeny said:
Those last 20 minutes were an insult to the original magnum opus.
The first 110 minutes were just needlessly there.
This movie is a mistake.

It was decently entertaining, though. It's what usually matters the most for me, but I handle Steins; Gate with such care I can't just ignore this movie and pretend it didn't destroy what the prequel built.

It's not canon and not made by the original creators.. so yeah. At least the interactions between the characters were good enough.

Apr 11, 4:05 AM

Well that was disappointing :(

I enjoyed it up until a bit after Okabe disappeared.

Apr 12, 8:02 PM

In a sense, nothing really changed. At the end they're together and happy again. I thought it was an okay movie overall, but the status quo didn't change. So in that sense, it can be argued that there was really no point to this film.

It's more about the journey than the destination I guess, but the journey wasn't the most interesting either.
Oh, well. At least Kurisu was so damn cute. Especially while she was drunk.
Modified by Mormegil, Apr 12, 8:05 PM

Apr 14, 4:28 AM
The film speaks for itself. Its a big deja vu with Kurisu being the one who time travels.

Liked the story and it was refreshing experience to see Okabe and friends once again.

Apr 20, 5:49 PM

Oops, forgot this was a thing until 0 started... fixed!

Cool... Christina is the main in this one.
Fun movie, but never really got "epic."

7/10 (good, same as the rest)

May 7, 8:26 AM

A decent addition to the series. And it was better.
For me it is:
1. S;G (Movie) / Robotics;Notes
2. Chaos;Head
3. S;G (Series)

I liked how Kurisu got to know a bit more about the time travel stuff. She is more intelligent than Okarin. With heir being more involved in the series I might have enjoyed the series more.

I scored all the above with 7/10 (all had their own and different weaknesses and bad parts) without ever having read the VNs.

May 13, 12:47 AM
Slightly confusing but still, this movie was well written.
The rollercoaster of emotions was present throughout this movie, especially the day before Okabe "disappears" and he has his little moment with Kurisu
The explanation for "reading Steiner" was alright, but when Okabe randomly disappeared I was confused, though he decided to randomly ran off.
Heckle was here...

May 17, 4:02 PM
So I finally watched it and don't know what to think. This would be a great movie if it wasn't Steins;Gate. But as a Steins;Gate sequel it is absulutely terrible. One of the best part of Steins;Gate was that it was a really well though out time travel story with very little plot holes and interesting time travel mechanics. But this movie not only was a total mess, if we accept what's happening here it ruins the entire series. Not to mention that the whole point of Steins Gate worldline was that no time travel EVER exists.

I'm going to watch S;G 0 now. It could be great, but now I'm afraid they'll do some stupid things with the plot like in this movie...

May 18, 7:42 AM

xizor said:
So I finally watched it and don't know what to think. This would be a great movie if it wasn't Steins;Gate. But as a Steins;Gate sequel it is absulutely terrible. One of the best part of Steins;Gate was that it was a really well though out time travel story with very little plot holes and interesting time travel mechanics. But this movie not only was a total mess, if we accept what's happening here it ruins the entire series. Not to mention that the whole point of Steins Gate worldline was that no time travel EVER exists.

I'm going to watch S;G 0 now. It could be great, but now I'm afraid they'll do some stupid things with the plot like in this movie...

Don't worry. The movie was written by different people and it's not considered canon.
I can assure you S;G 0 still follows the established mechanics and rules rock solid.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]