Are they good?

Dec 24, 2013 4:27 PM
johnyjohny said:
DarknessOfEmo said:
johnyjohny said:
Is this subbed yet?

yes
Are they good?

Well, I say that the fansubbers I saw are 3.5/5. They use some ~ in the last of the sentence. But other than that it's decent.

Dec 25, 2013 9:59 AM

Finally, today i got the limited edition :D the freaking customs took over a week to inspect the package...
http://im36.gulfup.com/q87oK.jpg

i Loved the movie.. the Absolute treatment :p
Comedy, Romance, Mind fuck and fanservice.. all in one package XD

btw: the ending song is gold <3

9.5/10.. there's no 0.5 in MAL so i will pump it up.

Dec 25, 2013 3:10 PM
jimbo_extreme said:
MOVIE EXPLANATION HERE, even if you think you understand maybe you missed something. hell, maybe i did too. tell me!

its pretty hard to understand but if you look at the scene where kurisu talks to young okabe she changes clothes mid scene. This is because at first its showing the kurisu in other world lines just talking to him. BUT in this world line in order to make it unique kurisu kisses him. Thats why her clothes change. before it shows other world lines (pink jacket). this world line its her usual clothes. To balance the world line Kurisu needed to do something unique, she kissed him.

Why did this not change worldline though? Didn't understand at first. BUT I GOT IT.

Basically after the kiss it shows okabe sitting on the street with his phone. The phone becomes clearer as he enters the steins gate world line again. Kurisu on the phone says "I will now give you an overview of operation norn" right before kurisu in real life says "what are you looking at pervert?"

In the steins gate worldline kurisu from the future had already kissed okabe from the past. THIS NEEDS to happen for okabe to stay in the world line so kurisu from the future sends okabe a message from the future about what to tell the kurisu of the present.

THIS IS why okabe tells her to forget, BUT kisses her to give her a hint that she can do somethng. Future kurisu told him how to save himself and what to tell younger kurisu.

THis is why he tells her to forget, but kisses her so that she remembers. This is what "operation norn" is for. This is also why daru's daughter says that future kurisu said younger kurisu would know what to do.
This sounds pretty good, but if this is the case, that would mean that when Okabe was phasing and eventually disapeared, the past had already been one where Kurisu kissed him (because the got the message from kurisu and gave the hint to her in the present). In this case he shouldn't have disapeared in the first place because the kiss in the past is what prevents him from disapearing. The only way this could work is if he acted the whole time and purposefully phased between worlds somehow.

Dec 25, 2013 8:55 PM

great movie makes think about the time lines and stuff!!! hope they make some more but i dont think it will happen...
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D

Dec 26, 2013 3:57 PM

It was an entertaining movie, definitely a worthy addition to the SG franchise but, a least to me, not quite as fantastic as the anime series. I really enjoyed the movie until about half way through it, after that it felt a bit messy and it seemed inconsistent with the series. For example, how did Makise Kurisu time leap more than 2 days back to the past? Also, the way she saved Okabe seemed a bit too easy...
Anyway, on a different note,the scene about Nae killing Moeka and then threatening Okabe was pretty creepy, I wonder if that really happened in another timeline.

All in all, I consider this an excellent movie which for me was worth watching thanks to the usual great characters and a solid ending. After re-watching the 25 episodes of Steins Gate (including the OVA) just before this film, it's obvious that it falls a bit flat compared to them, but it still managed to leave me satisfied so I have no complaints. 8/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Dec 27, 2013 10:51 AM

It was a nice watch and it developed Kirisu in a meaningful way, but story-wise, It wasn't really needed. Nice Popcorn movie, not much beyond that though.

Dec 27, 2013 12:32 PM

Yep I don't really get what was happening at the end, but the part where she made a big impact on little Okarin blew me away.

The anime really setup the stage for that scene, with Okarin telling Kurisu that it wasn't his first kiss (and that it hadn't been romantic), and we learn where Hououin Kyouma came from (circular origins are always awesome).

Really amazing movie.

Dec 27, 2013 12:39 PM

I really didn't like it. There was too much Kurisu and I don't like her and too much of that girl from the future, she's also annoying. The main character had a small role. A lot of things didn't seem to make sense: Where was Okabe gone and why? How did Kurisu find him? Why was the kiss in the end important, how could it change anything? I dont't think that the answers are in the movie, so I won't rewatch it in order to understand.
But the first half of the movie was more promising...

Dec 27, 2013 12:53 PM

naens said:
I really didn't like it. There was too much Kurisu and I don't like her and too much of that girl from the future, she's also annoying. The main character had a small role. A lot of things didn't seem to make sense: Where was Okabe gone and why? How did Kurisu find him? Why was the kiss in the end important, how could it change anything? I dont't think that the answers are in the movie, so I won't rewatch it in order to understand.
But the first half of the movie was more promising...
From what I could gather, the kiss was important because that's what gave Okabe the courage to be there for Mayuri. The moment where Okabe tells Mayuri that she's his hostage was a very big life-changing event for the two of them, and it occurs in all the world lines. The fact that it happened in the Steins;Gate world line anchors it as the real world, I guess (?) to Okabe, giving him enough stability to remain there.

It's also Kurisu who apparently told Okabe about Hououin Kyouma (which would become his adopted persona later) as well as taking his first kiss (which isn't as important, but was mentioned by Okabe earlier in the series).

It's a very circular paradox that I think you'll be better off not dwelling too much on...

What I'm unsure about though, is how Kurisu went to the R world line, and what the heck was happening there.

Dec 27, 2013 2:54 PM

That was perfect, dem kisses. I am going to miss the Steins;Gate franchise so much. A bit confusing but time travel always confuses the shit out of me. Loved the music too.

10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 27, 2013 3:21 PM

Also I noticed a weird thing: while talking to Okabe Kurisu suddenly became small and then became adult again. If you compare these:
01:21:52

01:22:37

Is there a reason for this? How was she able to do that? How didn't Okabe notice anything?

Dec 27, 2013 3:45 PM

naens said:
Also I noticed a weird thing: while talking to Okabe Kurisu suddenly became small and then became adult again. If you compare these:

Is there a reason for this? How was she able to do that? How didn't Okabe notice anything?
The younger version is likely the original, but the older version replaced it in the Steins;Gate world line.

Similar to the ending of the anime, she didn't actually alter any events - her younger version must've encountered Okabe as a child and influenced him enough for him to go after Mayuri again. But in the Steins;Gate world line, she replaced her younger self, kind of like how Okabe replicated Kurisu's death by faking it.

Dec 27, 2013 10:07 PM

This was a wonderful movie. As expected, the complexity of the plot and logic didn't let themselves explain it clearly to me. I pretty much had to spend a good half hour digging some information in this topic. This didn't interfere me from enjoying this movie though.

Dec 28, 2013 10:43 AM

Pknoctis said:
naens said:

The younger version is likely the original, but the older version replaced it in the Steins;Gate world line.

Similar to the ending of the anime, she didn't actually alter any events - her younger version must've encountered Okabe as a child and influenced him enough for him to go after Mayuri again. But in the Steins;Gate world line, she replaced her younger self, kind of like how Okabe replicated Kurisu's death by faking it.

That makes sense, but then again, the young Kurisu should have still been there if that's what happened.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Dec 28, 2013 10:53 AM

geralt said:
Anyway, on a different note,the scene about Nae killing Moeka and then threatening Okabe was pretty creepy, I wonder if that really happened in another timeline.

It did, it was in the VN, and way more than here :D

Dec 29, 2013 1:28 PM

Pknoctis said:
naens said:

I want to confirm something. what is exactly you mean with "replace"? is it mean make young kurisu dissapear like she never existed and replace it with older kurisu from future?
in this case will create paradox. if young kurisu never existed, how could she went back in time to implant powerful memory to okabe

after all what happened in my life, I finally realized.
God never say a thing. And God's silence has nothing to do with life or death.

Dec 30, 2013 7:57 AM

jimbo_extreme said:
...even if you think you understand maybe you missed something.
This. Then again, movies and stories about time travel mumbo jumbo leave the viewers with a LOT to discuss. Steins;Gate is no exception. Props to all of you caring to explain o/
AuronPond said:
The only major problem was trying to figure out the scientific explanation behind Kyouma phasing in and out of existence. I actually figured it out while typing this very post.

[...]

That said, this movie is pretty damn romantic.
This explained a lot, and it's romantic indeed! Been a while since I finished the series and it felt great to see the gang again. Kurisu knowing and experiencing the same things Okabe did, and Okabe able to share his unease with Kurisu and finally relieved of it provided a good closure.

Dec 30, 2013 10:22 AM
Thank you for all members that make a constructive discussions happen in this forum. :D

I've been read all of comments here since page 1, and try to rewind some parts of this movie too. And, one by one of my weird questions are finally revealed!

And it makes me sure that this movie is the best movie that I ever seen, with or without some mysterious questions or black holes in it! Really enjoyed it and wants to watch it again!

In my opinion, this movie has a perfect combination in scientific, romantic, epic, and dramatic aspects. ^_^

10/10

Jan 1, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 1, 2014 11:30 AM

Great movie. Everything Steins;Gate has been perfection so far.

Jan 1, 2014 7:04 PM

Was the plot of this movie planned in advance? Like was it part of the VNs? Because on the show Okabe references his first kiss and says it wasn't a romantic thing. Was he talking about what happened later in the movie? i.e. Kurisu kissing him as a younger child?

EDIT: Someone reminded me he was probably referring to the time he kissed Moeka so her neighbor wouldn't notice they were fighting. But the cool thing is it actually fits this way too.

Jan 1, 2014 7:13 PM

Another comment: Whenever someone is erased from the timeline (it happens quite often in anime for some reason) I get super depressed and find it worse than if they just died. Finally in this movie Kurisu articulated this very sentiment. Having someone cease to exist along with everyone's memories of them is such a cruel fate, and I think it works as a very strong motivation to try and prevent it from happening.

Jan 2, 2014 6:38 PM
I understand why they made the film and its an ok film, definitely not as good as either the original VN or the series. Some parts felt a bit contrived and with good reason, when you try that hard to emulate the characters and you've run out of ideas as to what they should be doing a year later, this is what you come up with, repeated lines and scenarios. But whatever, it wasn't a huge waste of time to me at least, it was good to see some of the parts that weren't in the series but were in the VN.

On another note: for the ending

Jan 2, 2014 6:40 PM

Ok I have to admit I was crying for about the last 10 minutes of this movie. I like when everything ties together so nicely.

Especially when she goes back in time and inspires Okabe to save Mayuri and basically makes him who he is now. I thought that was really well thought out plot.

All in all, Steins; Gate is my new favourite anime. It's on a par with Clannad + AS IMO.

Jan 2, 2014 10:48 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
When are they going to have their happy romance ending

AUTHOR, LET THEM HAVE PEACE, PLEASE.
They're adorable and they deserve to be together.
T_T

Jan 3, 2014 7:07 AM

Tuturu~

That just beautiful... and romantic T_T
"Can you return it to me? My first kiss.."
"Never"
..... Awww xD

Tsuman'nē koto Kiku na yo!? (Don't ask a trifling question!)
Just accept the movie... None of us had experienced in time travel... right?
So just accept it.. Paradox or not., who cares?? xD

Note : It's too short... Where's the sequel???!!
"I know love. Convenient store was selling it. For 298 yen." -Mayoi Hachikuji "You don't need a driver's license to hit and run!" -Kagura

Jan 3, 2014 12:56 PM

This was one of the best anime movies I've ever seen and a great finish to the Steins;Gate series. I was emotionally tied throughout the whole watch and couldn't stop. Taking the time travel from Kurisu's perspective made her realize the pain Okabe went through to save her and it made me sympathize with her feelings for him. The movie had her realize and admit her feelings for him because of his disappearance, so the movie really had a great romantic feel to it, and that's something that past watchers of Steins;Gate have been waiting for. The ending only strengthens our feelings for the love between Okabe and Kurisu and I imagine them finally getting together in the future of the Steins;Gate world. :)

Jan 4, 2014 7:29 PM

I need more....

They need to include romance in the genres information....

Jan 5, 2014 2:48 AM

To those including myself who always thought movies kill the TV series...

Brilliantly told, magnificently orchestrated and astoundingly delivered. I am, yet again, utterly Steins;Gated. This has been an amazing experience for me. Steins;Gate simply has everything.

But most importantly it has Makise Kurisu and Okabe Rintarou. If it wasn't for Mikasa, Kurisu would top the rankings alongside Okabe in popularity polls and awards in 2013. (Can't really complain, because Mikasa is amazing too!)

Ending 2013 with Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare and starting 2014 with Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu; as an anime fan, I couldn't have asked for more. But I feel this emptiness deep down in this precious little corner of my heart that I might have just seen the final of two of my all time favourite and probably two of the all time best anime ever. :')

Jan 5, 2014 1:57 PM
Am I the only one who finds it forced and repetitive too much?
The logical and theoretical aspects here are quite incoherent aswell.

I don't want to discuss the theory, however, because some part of that is even beyond the human comprehension as for now, I guess (and there is no real science here - only fantasy speculations), but they could have done it some other way. I mean the story authors.
kcuf

Jan 7, 2014 2:13 PM
Yeah, yeah, science fiction and all the tl;dr posts.
Too much real quantum physics will kill you I guess.
Still I didn't like it as much as the series.
kcuf

Jan 7, 2014 3:13 PM

Great movie although the series was better. I'm also glad they end up together at the end because most anime these days always leave off with an ambiguous ending.
Modified by Holmes15, Jan 7, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 8, 2014 1:40 AM

Yep, I cried. I loved it. Brilliant ending, really happy with with it. 10/10.

Jan 8, 2014 4:14 AM

Incredible.......that is all.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jan 8, 2014 2:07 PM
Perfect, a freakin masterpiece.

Jan 9, 2014 12:34 PM

Well I won't chase after the plotholes cause I don't care about them I was swept away from the movie. It was very nice to me and very relaxing definitely worth watching. I wish they make another OVA so I can learn what happens between Okabe and Kurisu. They make perfect couple.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?

Jan 10, 2014 8:34 AM

Just came here to comment although I finished this like 3 weeks ago that I love the ED for the movie, it still gives me goosebumbs. ;__;
Modified by cupc, Jan 10, 2014 8:38 AM

Jan 11, 2014 11:24 AM

Just reminds me of how awesome Steins Gate was. Even though it was a little forced, I was glad I just got to watch more.

Jan 11, 2014 8:16 PM

Huh so he kissed an underaged boy and it fixed everything?

"But he is a guy!"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Jan 11, 2014 8:36 PM

i come just to finish the movie and overall its was great. IT IS ABSOLUTELY NORMAL for people to have a lot of questions about a time travel show, because its simply theory, there is no fact about this... i liked the fact to have a strong anchor but without changed the time line to allow the stein gates of Okabe to be linked with this time line. in fact i pretty read every wall of text from this thread and its was really interesting, people asking question, people answering with theory ect... liked it.

p.s shortly its was a great movie and dont stress for nothing about time travel
Modified by firstblood, Jan 11, 2014 8:40 PM

Jan 12, 2014 4:53 AM

Confucius said:
Huh so he kissed an underaged boy and it fixed everything?

"But he is a guy!"

I think you missed something

Jan 12, 2014 6:42 AM

alexpte said:
Not going to lie, I thought this was a masterpiece. No complications of SERN and learning the secrets of the world. Just the relationship between two lovers and how their memories and selves are scattered in different world lines, and their quest to bring them all together as one.

My thoughts as well. No complains. Masterpiece movie with good happy ending. Love it!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Jan 15, 2014 6:09 AM

can someone tell me if this is right? Thanks in advance

from the series i understand that there is 3 world lines

world line A - Mayurii dies, and the three got capture by sern, and kuriusu sided with sern and okarin against sern and lead on to WW3

world line B - Kurisu dies, but there is still WW3 because okarin build a time machine

steins gate - Where they are both alive and there is no WW3 happy end

-and after they reached sg world line but okarin becomes unstable because of the reading steiners he has and the memories of other world lines right? and he have to move to the "R-world line"(which i dont quite understand)

-to bring him back kurisu travel back to kiss him and making him remember himself so he could stay in sg world line? and why is there a young kurisu

-at the end scene is it meant that okarin travelling back to sg world line or is it kurisu who travel to the R world line?

THANKS

Jan 16, 2014 9:22 AM

This movie was AMAZING!!!!11!!!

What a fantastic way to end one of the greatest animes ever. In the end she was the reason why he did everthing, by being his first kiss! Kurisu x Okabe !

Jan 16, 2014 7:35 PM

Well definitely a masterpiece anime among all the anime I have watched. I have completed Steins;Gate series 3 days ago and would though the anime will be incomplete without watching this movie. And now it's time for Kurisu to save Okabe back from his unstable memories... Happy ending though. :)
Newbie :P

Jan 17, 2014 7:28 PM

Watching, watching, watching...when does the movie start?
Oh? It's already ended? But nothing has happend! No way!

A bad movie. Loved the anime series, really disappointed in the movie.

Way too slow paced, way too romantic, way too little suprising.

BARF.

Jan 17, 2014 7:55 PM

mcgraczu said:
Watching, watching, watching...when does the movie start?
Oh? It's already ended? But nothing has happend! No way!

A bad movie. Loved the anime series, really disappointed in the movie.

Way too slow paced, way too romantic, way too little suprising.

BARF.

It doesn't seem like you've watched the OVA that connected the two stories together.

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »