Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Chihayafuru 2 OVA Episode 1 Discussion

Dec 9, 2014 9:43 PM

Arata at the end lmao

Apr 27, 2015 5:00 PM

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I just saw the episode, and I have to say, my wife noticed something pretty cool about most of this episode. I didn't realize it until she mentioned it, but as soon as she said it, I realized she's so right!! Very, very "out of left field" homage on the part of the writer/director/whoever of the OVA, but it's obvious once you realize it. Did anyone else notice what movie was being referenced by the entire first part of the episode? It was totally a homage to....:

Aug 18, 2015 4:03 AM

Even though it focused mostly on a side character I did find myself enjoying it. Obviously I miss Chihaya. Here's hoping we get a season 3!

Sep 25, 2015 4:06 PM
Was this canon? Because it felt sort of like something that wasn't canon. Plot had nothing to do with anything that came before, and wraps up in such a way that it doesn't effect anything else.

It was nice to see some focus on character development - one thing I disliked about Season 2 is that there was too much focus on the karuta matches (two of them dragging on for a full three episodes) and we didn't get to see as many pure character development episodes like in season 1. Indeed, the high school tournament was covered in such detail that there wasn't any room left over to cover the queen match. But the thing about the character development in this episode, again, is that I feel like it's probably non-canon and is just going to all be wiped away anyway.

I actually really like Sumire, so her being featured in this episode was a plus to me. I'm largely indifferent to either ship with Chihaya. I just want Taichi to stop suffering.

Sep 25, 2015 4:07 PM
majiloveanime said:
ewww Sumire should just move on to someone else. AYASE'S LOVE TRIANGLE FTW.

Perhaps Taichi should just move on to someone else?

Dec 7, 2015 11:56 PM

I miss this show, especially Chihaya
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 8, 2015 9:13 PM
𝙆𝙖𝙠 𝙆𝙖𝙣 🍊

Aww, I missed Kana-chan. Pure innocence right there. I liked how she voted for Taichi x Chihayau. She knows what's the ideals ship.

Ending was funny. After the typhoon, they pretty much changed their plans. Nishida goes on stage with Hanano and Chihaya. Kana's expression was priceless.

Nov 20, 2016 10:25 AM

Well I am supporting Sumere and Taichi.... I hope they end up together.....

Apr 25, 2017 2:58 PM

Sumire's plan didn't work.
And lol, that last message was too much.
"If you copy this video in any way, shape or form, we'll come 'round your house and break your legs" , so exteme lol.

Jun 2, 2017 3:33 PM

Not a fan of Sumire, but that was an okay episode. I didn´t even know it had a OVA until a hundred years after I finished Chihayafuru.

Lol, poor Arata...

Mar 9, 2018 7:33 AM

Well, the comedy was good.

Lol, poor Arata as always.

Oct 3, 2018 5:57 PM
</overrated>

I don't hate Sumire but for this to focus on people sitting around a table discussing what to do is just too much of a bore.

Nov 28, 2018 1:52 AM
君を笑いに来た

Sumire can definitely get sidetracked with romance, but she's clever and has a genuine interest in poetry and karuta if you take Taichi out of the picture. She deserves more screentime. I don't see why everyone hates her since it's obvious she doesn't have a chance with Taichi; Sumire knows this, she just wants that dopamine rush you get when you have a crush and interact with them. I hope she'll eventually find someone who reciprocates her feelings.

This was a cliché OVA/filler episode but I still enjoyed it.
Modified by GlowingAura, Nov 28, 2018 2:01 AM

Feb 6, 8:17 AM

Eh, why would they make Sumire, a really annoying side character, the literal focus of the OVA? That's really annoying and boring. Bad ova.
Wanna try a really risky but fun anime watching challenge?
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1784108

Mar 2, 11:23 PM

Oh yes that reminds me how s2 started so annoying start thanks to Sumire and to think I could able to sit through whole this bottle episode with Sumire as main lead is really something haha.

Overall surprisingly managed to be okay episode for me given that how I hated Sumire. Also have been quite refreshing to watch since s2 never had chill episode like this.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]