Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2013 4:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm not a big fan of Sumire but it seems like she is a main focus of this OVA. I remember her crush that she developed for Tachi in the beginning of season 2.

But yeah, it looks like she's the star of this OVA. I think this is all anime original material too and not adapted from the manga. I have to admit that her imagination is a bit over the place though.
Sep 23, 2013 4:30 AM

Nov 2007
Cultural festival, and kouhai girl suggested for acting to get near Taichi. Though she is good at convincing everyone that it's related to the club.

Was that Arata in the news about typhoon? The prop got destroyed, so they ended up doing manzai instead. lol (even more at the end with Arata and that text about being space person).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 23, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2012
How could I forget this was released?

More Chihayafuru is always a good thing
Sep 23, 2013 6:20 PM

Jun 2012
Opening scene is really good.

Need season three for this show :(
Sep 23, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2008
HAHA, Sumire is a funny one, I laughed quite a lot, just simply because I LOVE chihayafuru! :D

In the end, Sumire is really well developped as a character.
tsubasalover said:
Was that Arata in the news about typhoon?
Yup, I'm pretty sure it's him!
Oct 25, 2013 6:36 PM

May 2011
Not a fan of Sumire but decent OVA I suppose. Too bad Arata and Chihaya didn't get much screen time.
Oct 25, 2013 7:16 PM

May 2013
Poor Arata not getting any screen time lol.
Oct 25, 2013 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
Hmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You didn't hint a S3!!!!!!?

But that was funny. The ED. Killed me wishing S3 was somewhere confirmed over the horizon.
Oct 25, 2013 8:44 PM

May 2012
Season 3 where??!!?

Not bad for a filler I guess. Would have loved to see that trio stage act in full.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Oct 25, 2013 9:00 PM
Jan 2013
Where is chihaya. I didn't really like it because I am not a fan of sumire at all I hate it when she tries to get in between chiahaya and mashima
Oct 25, 2013 9:19 PM

Jul 2012
brb containing dem feels ;~;

Sumire reminds me of myself actually. I've tried to manipulate situations in favor of me to get close to a person before too, so I know how it feels to be in her position. I'm all Taichi x Chihaya, but a part of me wants to root for her crush on him.

Cute episode though. I was thoroughly entertained entirely even if they talked most of the time. Best parts were Tsukuba IMO. He's hilarious.

Rating: 8/10, good for a filler, was lacking the epic moment that the anime has

lightXTC said:
Would have loved to see that trio stage act in full.

I would have watched all of it too.
Oct 25, 2013 11:44 PM

Dec 2011
NO NO Chihaya x Taichi forever. Stop it Sumire

Oct 26, 2013 1:44 AM

Nov 2007
I just realized that Chihayafuru is not fun as it usually is without Chihaya in it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 26, 2013 2:09 AM

Apr 2010
Arata, poor baby, wanna cry on my shoulder?
Oct 26, 2013 2:09 AM

Jan 2013
That was alright. I never expect much from an OVA. I don't think I've seen one with any meaningful development.
Oct 26, 2013 2:29 AM

Sep 2009
-_\\. Stop complaining about the characters. The OVA was really funny and nothing else matters. And you should remember at last there's not enough material for S3 yet. Making it 12-13 eps or prolonging/adding a lot of fillers would be just stupid. So you'll have to wait.
Oct 26, 2013 5:15 AM

Jan 2008
I don't like Sumire...but when I remember her voice actress being the same as Kuroageha from Mushibugyou, it becomes a bit more bearable.

Unless you count all the two seconds cameo he made in the background of a news channel on television near the end, or the part where he states the obvious that he didn't get any (other) screen-time besides that, Arata is right in that regard.

I don't see why they couldn't at the very least use those few seconds to feature him as a faded figure in the sky, thought bubble, or cheesy flashback (they wouldn't need to animate anything else, just add a line or two, like "I wonder how that guy's doing." from Taichi, or "You can't lose to your rival Mashima-sempai!" from Oe, with Arata as a still image/thought above their head)...or anything else!. I would have liked that more than him doing nothing, other than stating he didn't do jack. I don't think getting him to say that useless one-line was worth it, just for the sake of giving him a speaking-role in the OVA.
Estoy_GordoOct 26, 2013 5:18 AM
Oct 26, 2013 8:53 AM
Feb 2013
Oh, this is all Sumire.
Oct 26, 2013 10:24 AM

Sep 2008
I'm not fan of Sumire,
and her all plans to get Taichi is kinda annoying.

Not lot of Chihaya... ;(
I thought there will be lot of Taichi/Chihaya,
because of cover -.-

but... Kana-chan!
KANA-CHAN capitan of Taichi/Chihaya ship! *.*
This episode convinced me Chihaya for Taichi or nobody!

Kinda disappointing OVA,
would be better if episode wasn't focused on Sumire...

I don't really get why she get role in OVA.
She is popular on Japan,
or anime staff after lot of Chihaya/Taichi
now they try to make Taichi/Sumire?
If yes, then please stop.
Oct 26, 2013 11:01 AM

Oct 2013
Not a fan of Sumire. Totally not at all.

Until I watched this OVA, I realized I do like seeing Chihaya, although sometimes, her depression is annoying (not in a bad way).

shanimebib said:
I just realized that Chihayafuru is not fun as it usually is without Chihaya in it.

+1
Oct 26, 2013 11:06 AM

May 2009
haha...
Sumire... I didn't like her when she was introduced. But over S2, she's grown on me. She still hasn't lost hope yet, so it's nice to see her character develop a tiny bit through this OVA.
Too bad that the typhoon destroyed all the props. I guess Chihaya didn't even get to practice the lover part at all. Haha. She does make a better general. Lol.

I do wish Arata had atleast a 10 second screen time at the end. At the store, maybe sending Chihaya a text, or receiving a mail from her about the manzai. He was gonna leave the job anyhow, right.. since he was coming over, maybe a hint of that.. some comment on the typhoon. Lol.. Anything other than him being a wallpaper at the end. heh.

Totally rooting for Taichi x Chihaya now.. esp after S2..
but.. suddenly I'm reminded of Bokura ga Ita.. and the aftertaste of its characters has a similar feel to what Chihayafuru is exhibiting now..
fwaaaa....
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 26, 2013 2:22 PM

Aug 2012
Arata did get screen time though, was that not him in Fukui getting his umbrella blown away?
Oct 26, 2013 10:34 PM

Jun 2008
Goddamn Tsukuba, why are you so awesome?

Laughed hard everytime the guy did something. Best addition to the cast by FAR. But I gotta admit, without Chihaya the episode felt somewhat empty. :C

Also, dem traps.
Oct 27, 2013 1:15 AM

Jan 2012
well at least it wasnt a beach episode.

nandeyane out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 27, 2013 3:23 PM

Jun 2008
Funny episode, but i don't give a crap about Sumire.

Poor Wataya doesn't get enough screentime <3
Chibi-AliceOct 27, 2013 3:31 PM
Oct 27, 2013 5:43 PM

May 2011
I didn't like Sumire much either, but over episodes I grew to think she was more alright. It was funny that even though she was using these people to get what she wanted it still showed that she paid enough attention to everyone to know what they would like. I love how they all just rolled with the cross-dressing idea so easily. I was looking forward to seeing Taichi as a pretty girl. xD;;;
Oct 27, 2013 6:52 PM

Sep 2012
Loved that ED though
Oct 28, 2013 9:41 AM

Sep 2012
Sumire, Sumire, Sumire, when do you plan on giving up to Mashima. I know when it comes to Sumire all her plans was a complete failure so when the thunder came out I knew that something will happen. Also I saw Tsukuba's creepy face again, that's what I'm waiting for him. DAT FACE of Ooe-san when they're using their clothes for comedy theme, haha.

Why Arata didn't have any screenplay again, I was waiting for him :( I just laugh when he said that at the end.

But still a great OVA entertaining until the end.

NoobHunterD said:
well at least it wasnt a beach episode.

That made me laugh, I get what you mean :3
Oct 29, 2013 4:29 AM

May 2010
Sumire is.... I don't know... she reminds me a lot of Juvia from Fairy Tail, so not really fond of her and her obsession... She (although harmlessly) uses others for her sake by using flattery, I don't know... Glad that her plan backfired.. Okay I like Hanano x Porky (He can lose some weight for her or something)

Haha, the boys in that wig, Desktomu-kun was looking cute surprisingly xD So much Hanano x Taichi, ughhh.... Haha, liked the natural "What the hell" at end xD

Loved seeing Ayase (man, missed her) and hearing the first season's opening song so much. 8/10
Oct 29, 2013 3:50 PM

May 2012
I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT IT HAD AN OVA!!! Damn I was super hyped when I noticed it had an ova today, and damn was it good! So much nostalgy with just a single ova!!! Really loved it and I just wish they'd make a third season!
Nov 2, 2013 12:50 AM

Jan 2008
I'm not really a fan of Sumire so I kinda hated the fact that this OVA or whatever you call it concentrates on her. Come on. Fans love Chihaya more. They should have made a cheesy romantic episode with ChihayaxTaichi and of course with Arata in it.

Oh well. More Chihayafuru is better than none at all. I could at least thank them for this.
Nov 4, 2013 6:02 PM

Jul 2013
God, watching this made me want to cry. This is why I fucking love this show, even though they centered around a character I don't love I loved this OVA. I actually kinda feel bad for Sumire lol, but Taichihaya ALL THE WAY.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Nov 4, 2013 7:59 PM
Aug 2013
No OVA no, Taichi x Chihaya okay~!

Will no one point out the "stars" in Kana's eyes when she nominated Chihaya XD Even though she comforted Sumire, she's a TaiChihaya shipper XD

and also noticed that every time Sumire looks at Taichi, his hair would always be covering his eyes, was that supposed to mean "I'm not looking at you" to Sumire???

Chihaya looked like she was really having fun in their performance :D

oh and that was Arata in the storm right??
Nov 5, 2013 8:50 AM

Sep 2009
hahaha.. this is so.. this is sooo funny XD
especially the last part.. that was so unexpected
Nov 10, 2013 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
I actually quite like Sumire so this OVA was pretty enjoyable for me. I kinda feel bad for her, vying for the attention of someone who likes someone else. Fight on! :P Didn't see that ending coming though ... so they end up doing a comedy instead?! Well Nishida was right when he said that him being cast as the lead would cause it becoming a comedy ... :P
Enjoyable to watch and more Chihayafuru is always good! 8/10
Nov 12, 2013 1:26 PM

Aug 2013
Sumire is not the perfect character but i think she deserve to be whit Mashima more than Chihaya. It was a weird OVA, but i really liked this serie so it was a good episode.
Dec 15, 2013 8:12 AM

Oct 2009
Aw, I miss this show.
Dec 28, 2013 10:55 PM
Feb 2011
I was really looking forward to their play with everyone in costume. Mashima really looked the part and the girls were pretty in Heian fashion. Desktomu even accomplished their screenplay. And it's not Chihayafuru without Chihaya. Disappointing, but the last few scenes were fun.
Dec 31, 2013 2:02 AM
Aug 2011
Shitty OVA- too much Sumire.

Giving iti an average score though for using that song they did in the ED.
Jan 3, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
lol at Arata in the news coverage

at least, that's what it looks like to me.
Jan 5, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2008
The first half was a little annoying. Hanano was persuading them all to put on a play, despite the extra work and very slight connection to the Karuta club's actual activities, and it was all for her ulterior motive of getting closer to Taichi. It would have been nicer if she had actually come to appreciate the sport enough to have a reason I could get behind.

Sumire is pretty delusional to think that she would have gotten the part over Chihaya.

Not a good enough reason to use Youthful...

I honestly preferred the recap episodes, which at least included some random comedy, than whatever this episode was.

Still glad to have an OVA though...I really want another season.
Feb 2, 2014 12:54 PM

Apr 2012
Very funny OVA. I really hope when they have enough Manga material they make a third season. But then again how many shows do get a third season? Goodbye Chihaya and co, you will be missed.
Mar 7, 2014 7:24 AM
May 2012
The moment the opening song from season 2 started playing at the beginning and the moment the opening song from season 1 started playing at the end; I began to realize that I really miss this show. Ohhh the memories~ T^T Good thing is that the Chihayafuru songs are all on my phone :3
It was a really nice OVA. Why all the hate??? give Sumire some love ahahaha. Sumire is alright with me and I am a Taichi and Chihaya shipper <3
Well, it was fun, the ending was funny. Arata in the news background and at the end ahahaha.
I am really hoping for a season 3; I will wait. Thank you ^^
Apr 8, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2011
Kurini said:
tsubasalover said:
Was that Arata in the news about typhoon?
Yup, I'm pretty sure it's him!

It wasn't clear, but if it was, then LOL. But maybe.. it isn't, because Arata said that he didn't appear in this OVA at the end of this episode.

Considering it's a Sumire episode, it wasn't all that bad, it's pretty good actually. I hope Sumire would fall out of love with Taichi, I mean, she can't be there just to be heartbroken, right? It's obvious Taichi wouldn't end up with her, I think..

Edit: I really liked the OP and ED!
ToG25thBaamApr 8, 2014 11:43 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 16, 2014 5:51 PM

Apr 2013
I sorta like Sumire, so I didn't mind.
Plus, this episode barely had any Arata, which is always a plus in my books.
Overall, pretty good OVA; I didn't expect it to follow the main story either.
May 16, 2014 11:35 AM

Nov 2010
Hanono's plans getting backfired all the time was entertaining
Her sly ways to get things done was kind of creepy at times

It ended all good fortunately with Chihaya showing up and a small glimpse of Arata
May 24, 2014 12:26 AM

Aug 2013
ewww Sumire should just move on to someone else. AYASE'S LOVE TRIANGLE FTW.
May 26, 2014 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
LOL at how Hanano managed to get pretty much everyone on her side while omitting her true intentions.She's good.

And poor Arata, he deserved more D:
Jul 6, 2014 3:26 PM

Feb 2013
Lol at Arata not getting enough screen time.
Nov 26, 2014 10:21 PM

Jun 2012
Chihaya looks so cute in kimono!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Between which episodes would it make sense to watch the OVA?

Corphemia - Jul 10, 2016

2 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 20, 2016 10:23 AM

» Whats this about?+No Major Spoilers please

Topazzz - Sep 17, 2013

4 by sweetangie »»
Sep 23, 2013 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.