Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most relaxing way to watch anime to you?

New
Sep 23, 2013 3:08 AM
Jul 2013
When you are ready to watch a good anime, how do you prepare to be the most comfortable and entertained during your viewing? I know most people watch through sitting on Laptops or TV, but for much more special occasions, do you have any ideas or preparations? When I am ready to watch a special anime for example, I sit in a bubble bath with the lights off, have a bottle of Perrier with some snacks, and then I proceed to hang my IPad in the wall across the tub, with metal displays like a Flatscreen and enjoy.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2013 3:10 AM

Jul 2012
Lights off, Cola's on, Cottage on, Silence on, Anime ready.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 23, 2013 3:14 AM

Apr 2012
In my room, quiet, some food and/or drinks, anime.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Sep 23, 2013 4:23 AM

Jun 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
I sit in a bubble bath with the lights off, have a bottle of Perrier with some snacks,
So you sit in a bubble bath sipping french sparkling water and watch anime.... This does not come as a shock to me.

OT- my only preference is pants off.
Sep 23, 2013 4:27 AM

Aug 2011
I watch my anime while riding naked on a donkey through the Swiss Alps, I find it to be the most comfortable way to watch.
Sep 23, 2013 4:29 AM
Apr 2013
mitch3315 said:
I watch my anime while riding naked on a donkey through the Swiss Alps, I find it to be the most comfortable way to watch.

You owned a donkey?
Sep 23, 2013 4:29 AM

Aug 2008
Naked at my computer desk
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 23, 2013 4:52 AM

Aug 2013
Ideally. When alone in my room, not hungry, thirsty or sleepy. House is quiet, no plans.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Sep 23, 2013 5:09 AM

Jan 2012
when the other half is at work, and i can hook the pc upto our big television, lay in bed big bottle of vanilla coke, various other snacks to eat, just sit back and enjoy really!
Sep 23, 2013 5:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
On my computer, half-lying down in my chair with my feet on my bed (which is right beside my desk). If it's warm I'll have my table fan on, if it's not I'll probably be holding a cup of tea in my hands which I sip every so often.
Sep 23, 2013 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
Trough my TV.

Because shows are supposed be watched on larger screens than a monitor, goddammit!

Plus it's easier for the eyes.
Sep 23, 2013 5:28 AM

Nov 2012
Connecting my laptop to TV with HDMI. Getting under my quilt, drinking my tea/coffee.
Sep 23, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
In my bed on my phone
Sep 23, 2013 5:58 AM
Jan 2013
Get My Drinks and Snacks Ready. Shut My Self from the Real world, And Go into the Anime World ..
Sep 23, 2013 5:58 AM

May 2012
At my desk wrapped up in a blanket with a huge bowl of ice-cream.
Sep 23, 2013 6:00 AM

Nov 2012
The same way I would watch anything...I don't have a ritual every time I watch a new anime show.

What kind of question is this?
Sep 23, 2013 6:06 AM
Jun 2012
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
The same way I would watch anything...I don't have a ritual every time I watch a new anime show.

What kind of question is this?
Sep 23, 2013 6:10 AM

Feb 2012
mitch3315 said:
You've posted this before. Of course, I guess consistency translates to believability.
Sep 23, 2013 6:33 AM

Sep 2011
I wish I had a more comfortable way to watch my anime because my back is killing me.
Sep 23, 2013 6:49 AM

Mar 2013
As long as I am warm and wrapped in a duvet! :3
Sep 23, 2013 6:54 AM

Apr 2012
I watch anime lying down naked on my bed, with the laptop on my crotch to keep my balls warm in winter.
Sep 23, 2013 7:04 AM

Aug 2013
baki502 said:
I watch anime lying down naked on my bed, with the laptop on my crotch to keep my balls warm in winter.

Ah, my brother does that too. I was wondering where the trend started.

Most of the time I don't have much a choice other than my computer, in an uncomfortable chair. When watching the DVDs I own, though, I usually just lie in bed, and since I don't have DVD player, I use my old PS2.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Sep 23, 2013 7:14 AM

Aug 2011
Slyr3do0n said:
mitch3315 said:
You've posted this before. Of course, I guess consistency translates to believability.

If people can post the same threads over and over again, I can post the same answers over and over again.
Sep 23, 2013 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
I set torches around my room, two for each wall, exactly 2 meters away from each other and spray period blood on the walls. If possible, the blood used is from 40-year-old swedish christian virgins.

Then, I boil a swine's head in holy water and put it beside my chair. The chair itself is made out of elephant tusks and turtle shells, all bound together with dental floss used by the high priest of my local church.

By the door, I set a small silver bucket filled with my pubic hair.

The TV should be on the wall facing north. All other furniture must be outside of the room.

At exactly 2:37 AM, I shove my left index finger up my asshole, turn on the TV, insert the DVD with the anime and watch for exactly 15 minutes and 13 seconds. After that time runs out, I pull out my left index finger out of my asshole and insert the right one. Then I continue watching.

Usually, after six finger swaps, I go to bed.
removed-userSep 23, 2013 7:30 AM
Sep 23, 2013 7:34 AM

Mar 2013
I just chill in my chair with some S. Pellegrino ready to be drank. Also, depending on the mood, the shirt either stays on or comes off.
Sep 23, 2013 7:36 AM

Jun 2013
In my bed, with soda and my fat teddy bear. (Not kidding)
Sep 23, 2013 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
TheAsap said:
I set torches around my room, two for each wall, exactly 2 meters away from each other and spray period blood on the walls. If possible, the blood used is from 40-year-old swedish christian virgins.

Then, I boil a swine's head in holy water and put it beside my chair. The chair itself is made out of elephant tusks and turtle shells, all bound together with dental floss used by the high priest of my local church.

The TV should be on the wall facing north. All other furniture must be outside of the room.

At exactly 2:37 AM, I shove my left index finger up my asshole, turn on the TV, insert the DVD with the anime and watch for exactly 15 minutes and 13 seconds. After that time runs out, I pull out my left index finger out of my asshole and insert the right one. Then I continue watching.

Yeah that's the normal way.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Sep 23, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2012
TheAsap said:

What will happen if someday you have one index finger cut off? I'm kinda worried, maybe you won't be able to watch anime anymore.
Sep 23, 2013 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
Litrydow said:

What will happen if someday you have one index finger cut off? I'm kinda worried, maybe you won't be able to watch anime anymore.

That's what the boiled swine head is for. If by any chance you can't use your left or right index finger, inserting your available index finger in the swine's eye (left eye if left finger, right eye if right finger) 3 times (only 2/3 in though, not all the way), you can use the finger again. Though the experience is not the same. Getting a fake index finger is not an option.

However, if I lost both fingers, I'd have to ask someone else to shove his finger up my asshole. They'd have to put their fingers in the swine's eye again though.
Sep 23, 2013 7:57 AM

Dec 2012
I like to watch anime while grinding in an MMO, I'd have one screen mindlessly grinding and the other with anime. Watching anime at night while in bed is nice too but I get sleepy too easily now.
Sep 23, 2013 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Watching anime while eating some pizza
Sep 23, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2013
Usually in bed at night on my TV. Some weekends I'll buy a few beers and snacks and make up my own anime line up and just chill.
Sep 23, 2013 10:31 AM

Feb 2010
Stoned, I guess.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 23, 2013 10:32 AM

Sep 2012
TheAsap said:
Litrydow said:

That's what the boiled swine head is for. If by any chance you can't use your left or right index finger, inserting your available index finger in the swine's eye (left eye if left finger, right eye if right finger) 3 times (only 2/3 in though, not all the way), you can use the finger again. Though the experience is not the same. Getting a fake index finger is not an option.

However, if I lost both fingers, I'd have to ask someone else to shove his finger up my asshole. They'd have to put their fingers in the swine's eye again though.

Oh, that makes sense and it's also a relief.
But what about the silver bucket with pubic hair? That looks like OCD to me.
Sep 23, 2013 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
Litrydow said:
TheAsap said:
Litrydow said:

Yeah, I like to spoil myself sometimes. The bucket isn't really necessary, but having that extra something in the room makes it feel more homely and gives the place a different vibe. I watch shounen series with a bronze bucket though, I'm not that spoiled.

Sep 23, 2013 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
alone in my room, in bed, maybe with the tv on, preferably dark and have something to drink
Sep 23, 2013 11:05 AM

Feb 2012
Nothing on but my socks, ninja headband, red tinted teashades and my sisters panties. It helps with the immersion.
Sep 23, 2013 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Stoned, I guess.
+1 Greatly increases the immersive factor while watching Kuuchuu Buranko ,Tatami Galaxy and Samurai Champloo.
Sep 23, 2013 11:18 AM

Sep 2013
when there are no creatures around
Sep 23, 2013 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
Someone give TheAsap a medal ASAP.
Sep 23, 2013 11:54 AM
Aug 2011
Watching a relaxing anime.
Sep 23, 2013 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
Alone, while drinking hot tea
Sep 23, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
TheAsap said:
Litrydow said:
TheAsap said:
Litrydow said:

Yeah, I like to spoil myself sometimes. The bucket isn't really necessary, but having that extra something in the room makes it feel more homely and gives the place a different vibe. I watch shounen series with a bronze bucket though, I'm not that spoiled.

Thankfully you're a reasonable person. But if you ever start needing a golden bucket, then I think you should seek help.
Sep 23, 2013 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
On my bed with a comfortable huge pillow for my back
and my HD tv watching anime on Bluray or Netflix
Sep 23, 2013 5:59 PM

Jun 2013
I like dropping my pants to feel the breeze.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Sep 23, 2013 6:00 PM

Jun 2013
light's off, pants off, feet up or in my bed, with snacks and drinks.
Sep 23, 2013 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
While eating spicy instant ramen.
Sep 23, 2013 6:04 PM

Aug 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
I sit in a bubble bath with the lights off, have a bottle of Perrier with some snacks, and then I proceed to hang my IPad in the wall across the tub, with metal displays like a Flatscreen and enjoy.

Hella chill, dawg...
Assuming I've no plans for that day, I get in bed, turn out the lights, get snacks/drinks if I'm hungry/thirsty, and marathon until I pass out.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Sep 23, 2013 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
On my big screen TV and surround sound system in my room so I can sit cross-legged in bed, usually propped up with pillows and and a blanket for comfort. Food or drinks are optional depending on whether I'm hungry/thirsty or not.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 23, 2013 6:28 PM

Jul 2012
Nothing special. I like to watch with headphones to enhance the sound quality.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

25 by Otakupervert890 »»
1 minute ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

30 by _Doofenshmirtz_ »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

33 by Catalano »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » slut vs prude waifus

deg - Yesterday

32 by SemW0r1dXXX »»
8 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

119 by Hoppy »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.