Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 10:33 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the episode was good. This was good to see the flash-back between Wang Qi and Lian Po. We need more action.
Sep 22, 2013 2:17 PM
Nov 2009
KiraYoshikage said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the episode was good. This was good to see the flash-back between Wang Qi and Lian Po. We need more action.

The major war will start in a week or two, then it'll be nonstop.
Sep 23, 2013 8:25 AM
Oct 2012
Where did guy guys watch the new episode?
Sep 23, 2013 10:29 PM

May 2012
Man, amazing episode. I like General Meng Ao. But that condition of his for Xin is a little hard. But well, Xin will still manage to pull it off. Special Recommendation for Xin!!!
Sep 23, 2013 11:11 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode, Xin's list of Generals he has impressed just grew. I love the way it happened too, had to start with Wang Qi of course. Awesome setup for the coming war, Meng Ao needs Xin to come through as a wild card. I'm sure Xin will end up taking out one of the heavenly generals, probably the one we just saw with Lian Po, and hopefully it'll set up Meng Ao to win his long battle with him...though I don't see him beating him in a straight up battle.

That last ten seconds was insanely fucking ominous, so much hype was just created..can't wait to see this play out.
Sep 23, 2013 11:33 PM

May 2013
Awesome. Now Xin got promoted.
Sep 24, 2013 2:06 AM

Nov 2011
Character growth, for me this is where Kingdom truly shines, seeing Xin move up the ranks, my teeth was clenched when they were announcing the names. Also can't wait for Lian Po, even the Xin general fears him, he should be a formidable opponent.

The art in this ep seemed vastly improved than usual to me (in comparison to the last ep anyways), i'm also really admiring the husk voices of all these generals and old people, truly commanding.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 24, 2013 3:11 AM
May 2013
YES!!! Xin is now a Thousand Man General though even if it has conditions still it's a great achievement for him. I kinda expected his promotion through General Meng Ao but not the conditions along with it that made me hyper so much because of his words. Go Xin. action will start in the next 2 weeks since preview is like about the calm before the storm one.
Sep 24, 2013 10:26 AM

Oct 2010
I still wish the anime was more like the manga. The manga is pretty violent chopping off heads. lol
Sep 24, 2013 10:29 AM

Apr 2013
Wait, so Meng Ao is the father of Meng Wu!? Damn, every Meng family member have almost nothing in common with each other, except they're all military/war-related.

Anyway, pretty good episode. Watching the promotion scene was pretty tense, and it feels great to see that Xin got promoted, and that harsh condition is probably a good thing instead of a bad.
Sep 24, 2013 4:31 PM
Sep 2013
love this anime it is amazing , some people complain about the animation but i don't see any issues i like it the way it is " maybe i don't focus in it too much"

it is always confusing with the names of characters hard to remember and really close in pronouncing " Ming Ao , MIng wu " for example.

the episode was very good

it was clear that Xin will not be one of the two promoted to 1000 solder general but he did eventually not matter how

waiting for battles to see how things will turn.
Sep 24, 2013 4:33 PM

May 2012
Zee530 said:
my teeth was clenched when they were announcing the names..

Haha, same here! I was biting my nails then paused it awhile before continuing. I was sure Meng Tian will be promoted since the General is his grandfather. So it was between Wang Ben and Xin. Like the intense atmosphere:)
Sep 25, 2013 4:40 AM

May 2011
Nice episode again.

Just wondering why is there so little people watching this anime. It's so dang good. Last season, there are only around 5k of people watching or completed it.. Wouldn't it attract more viewers when this season's ranking is already top 100+ with the season only halfway through and even also with only 2.5k of people watching?(which is impressive that it is able to achieve that ranking with so little votes). Hmm all in all I just want to say this anime should deserve more watchers haha.
Sep 25, 2013 7:05 AM

Nov 2011
As far as rankings go, users who click on the Top anime page won't look past the first 2 pages, so unless we can get a top 60 rank, we won't get more users from that method, Kingdom will have to continue as a diamond in the rough :(

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 25, 2013 9:26 AM

May 2011
Lol, Xin's casual reaction to these generals is so good. Even after running into one of them, or running over one as well. xD; And Wang Qi showing up, ahh, even in flashback he's amazing.
Sep 26, 2013 6:31 AM

May 2011
Zee530 said:
As far as rankings go, users who click on the Top anime page won't look past the first 2 pages, so unless we can get a top 60 rank, we won't get more users from that method, Kingdom will have to continue as a diamond in the rough :(

Aww... then how does other anime gains viewer when they are ranked 200++? I was actually shocked when I realised such a great anime as such little people watching... If the amount of viewers goes up then the discussion page would be more lively too haha oh well..
Sep 26, 2013 11:49 AM

Jan 2012
No action, but this ep is still great!

One of the best episodes so far.
Sep 26, 2013 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
xahjun said:
Zee530 said:

Aww... then how does other anime gains viewer when they are ranked 200++? I was actually shocked when I realised such a great anime as such little people watching... If the amount of viewers goes up then the discussion page would be more lively too haha oh well..

It's all about the CG from the first season, ALOT of people were thrown off by it, Aku no Hana's numbers triples that of Kingdom just to show how bad the CG was received. Start date of the show is also an issue, most people have a particular number of airing anime they can dedicate their time to and they usual make this decision before a new season begins, Kingdom however started airing right in the middle of a season, so people with time constraints would have ignored it.

The show just has so many things going against it, in terms of popularity, the only way to gain recognition would most likely be by moving up the ranks or the manga gaining some kind of awards in Japan; the manga has featured on the top 10 of the Oricon charts a couple of times and it was recently ranked 21 out of 100 on 'Comic Natalie Daishou 2013', so it's gaining popularity a bit. You can also help by adding something like a photo or a gif of kingdom to your sig, quite a number of people have asked me on my profile what anime my sig is from, unfortunately only Razorwire, AlextheRiot and myself have made sigs or avatars featuring content from Kingdom (sorry if i left anyone out), so we could really use help from other fans spreading the news.
Zee530Sep 26, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 26, 2013 11:15 PM

May 2011
Zee530 said:

It's all about the CG from the first season, ALOT of people were thrown off by it, Aku no Hana's numbers triples that of Kingdom just to show how bad the CG was received. Start date of the show is also an issue, most people have a particular number of airing anime they can dedicate their time to and they usual make this decision before a new season begins, Kingdom however started airing right in the middle of a season, so people with time constraints would have ignored it.

The show just has so many things going against it, in terms of popularity, the only way to gain recognition would most likely be by moving up the ranks or the manga gaining some kind of awards in Japan; the manga has featured on the top 10 of the Oricon charts a couple of times and it was recently ranked 21 out of 100 on 'Comic Natalie Daishou 2013', so it's gaining popularity a bit. You can also help by adding something like a photo or a gif of kingdom to your sig, quite a number of people have asked me on my profile what anime my sig is from, unfortunately only Razorwire, AlextheRiot and myself have made sigs or avatars featuring content from Kingdom (sorry if i left anyone out), so we could really use help from other fans spreading the news.

Oh ya, it made sense. I remembered I was once curious about this anime when season one started airing. However I'd already found myself several anime to watch, so I did ignore it and added it to my "plan to watch list" until season 2 was starting('cause I totally forgot about it as it doesn't seem to have any hype).

Unfortunately the img BBCode won't be working for a while.
In case you haven't see the update last month: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=654583

Anyway, I believe this anime will sure be more popular, just a matter of time, though not sure how long will it take. But despite the reason, I still can't believe my eyes that amount of people who know this anime are less than 10 000.
jr_paperbagSep 26, 2013 11:20 PM
Sep 27, 2013 2:33 AM

Apr 2010
Oh really? They cut down what Lian Po said about Wang Qi when he first arrived. He said a LOT more than "someone who always gets me excited". I really liked how he described the feeling he got from Wang Qi in the manga. They cut out a bit of the banter between them that made things funnier and more friendly, gave off a better atmosphere. Ah well, can't have everything perfect! I really wish Wang Qi was around for a bit more, he was beyond epic. Also loved the bit with Meng Ao and Xin. That laugh!

For those who are waiting for the action, just wait a bit more, once it starts it's epic as hell. I can't get enough of Kingdom right now, despite releasing up to 6 chapters a week, it's not enough!! >_< Haha. Can't wait for things to really get underway!

And I agree about the character development, it's one of the stronger points of this series, it really caught me as I was watching the first one. I love that about this series. Meng Tian is probably my favourite character, so smart and wise for his age, and so laid back and funny. :D
antonnnSep 27, 2013 3:29 AM
Sep 29, 2013 4:40 PM

Jun 2013
Zee530 said:

A top 60 rank? Like Xin, shouldn't we target the top spot? hehehehe

There are (and have been) very few shows which I find myself so impatiently waiting to watch each week.
Sep 29, 2013 10:24 PM

Jun 2008
Ok so Xin and the other two guys became 1000 man generals but am i the only one who thinks that it may not be an advantage at this situation. A 300 man unit is a lot more flexible. Xin is inexperience with commanding a 1000 men and making strategies with them, also his current men are attached to him, well trained and he knows their strength. He has no knowledge on how to best utilize this new 700 men.
Of course at some point he had to make the step as he said and not be afraid but having to acclimatize to a new situation when facing a monster general and his armies isn't very ideal.
Apr 9, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2011
Yeah, I think Xin works better with a smaller unit. With a large unit, it means less and less people will corporate and Xin is seen as a kid still. Plus he lacks strategy and basic political knowledge, so he needs to grow some more before he ranks up.

Saying that, Xin has such great luck. If he didn't happen to step on Meng's face, he would not have been promoted! Just the other episode he was a foot soldier... ah, I love seeing characters grow!! (Though I really wish Xin got working on his strategies and politic knowledge!)
Apr 25, 2014 6:07 AM

Sep 2011
Loved the ending!
Jun 21, 2014 6:39 PM

Mar 2010
Xin always seem to be fearlessly hitting everyone in the groin with his courage speeches.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 21, 2014 6:37 AM

Jun 2012
The heavens adore Xin. He's so damn lucky.

Im really stoked were getting some of the political aspect of the show back next ep. I want to see what Zheng has been up to and what Lu Buwei has been planning.

xahjun said:
Zee530 said:

Oh ya, it made sense. I remembered I was once curious about this anime when season one started airing. However I'd already found myself several anime to watch, so I did ignore it and added it to my "plan to watch list" until season 2 was starting('cause I totally forgot about it as it doesn't seem to have any hype).

Anyway, I believe this anime will sure be more popular, just a matter of time, though not sure how long will it take. But despite the reason, I still can't believe my eyes that amount of people who know this anime are less than 10 000.
Well I knew about this show when it first came out but like Zee said the cg turned me away from it. I decided to give it another chance and I dont regret it. Its a shame this show isnt a 10,000 man general yet but it certainly has the power to be one. I just hope we get a season 3 :$

Mirorin said:
Yeah, I think Xin works better with a smaller unit. With a large unit, it means less and less people will corporate and Xin is seen as a kid still. Plus he lacks strategy and basic political knowledge, so he needs to grow some more before he ranks up.

Saying that, Xin has such great luck. If he didn't happen to step on Meng's face, he would not have been promoted! Just the other episode he was a foot soldier... ah, I love seeing characters grow!! (Though I really wish Xin got working on his strategies and politic knowledge!)
Well we saw last season that there are two types of generals intuition(Gong Biao) and strategic(Wu Qing). Xin seems like he'll be like Gong Biao when he grows up so I doubt he'll learn any advance strategies.
Sol_OuNov 21, 2014 7:28 AM
Jun 15, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
Oh my god, you have no idea how much I missed to hear Wang Qi's chuckle. :( I will never get bored with the flashback scenes that he is in. This episode was so great, the scene where they announced the names of the promoted ones was so intense, holding my breath I waited to hear Shin's name. At the end it's so nice to see that Shin got promoted to a Thousand Man General.
Jul 31, 2015 11:19 PM

Jul 2008
Ha ha, Xin got the promotion as well. And we also got to hear again THE CHUCKLE.
Jul 31, 2015 11:31 PM
Jan 2013
Wang Qi is definitely the best character in Kingdom.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jun 10, 2016 2:12 PM
Mar 2013
Jesus, the last 10 seconds were ominous as hell.
Aug 27, 2016 11:41 PM

Jun 2009
finally xin is a 1000 man general. can he keep the rank, though?
Nov 8, 2016 6:27 AM
Dec 2015
2016 and still re-watch this amazing anime
Jun 23, 2019 4:31 AM

Jul 2015
I like this general Meng ao

Jun 28, 2019 7:47 AM

Feb 2013
He was lucky to meet the general that night.
Jan 20, 2022 4:10 PM

Dec 2007
shin raised the bar for himself too high lol.
but seeing the opening the battle of shin and lan pao don't come unexpected lol.
Oct 27, 2022 10:40 PM

Dec 2018
yeeeeeeeee let's go shin! but i would have asked my company if they were okay with such a bet. then again, i don't know them and he does. that's confidence! I've had accidental meetings with NCOs and officers before but not one where i step on their face and feed them rabbit lol. I will tell you that nothing is scarier than a CSM. not even a general.
Nov 3, 2022 12:34 AM

Jul 2013
Wisdom do come in age. Good for Xin it's been a long time coming. I wonder about Qi Wang's supposed visit to Po Lian though what's that all about? Encouraging him to fight Ao Meng.
Dec 26, 2023 2:01 PM
Aug 2022
10 billion points to gryffindor

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 30 Discussion

Bleachway - Dec 29, 2013

41 by Yukissionator »»
Jan 19, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.