Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2013 9:40 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
He cannot go against the realist with Saiga-san's character's voice, who does not remember him. The flashback shows how long the two are together including happy time with other devils and the "cannot really helped but do it" war against his father, who never acknowledged his own son. It was the main devil who killed Saiga-san's character with his own request. The fight to get the ring, but he's too strong. Only the main devil can save him, and plus "Lucifer" woke up that the ring released the realist.

Other people don't seem to have any memory about the devils including Kakkii's character. Not sure if FukuJun's character really don't remember them like the rest or just pretending. The main devil did go back to see the realist.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 22, 2013 10:34 AM

Nov 2011
Oh God, Williams' soul...

Solomon is pretty damn OP in this series. I honestly didn't care much about his history though. The ending was somewhat I expected. I don't have much to add onto to this. Well at least they played the OP song again which I thought was okay.

Dantalian x William I mean, bros.
Sep 22, 2013 11:15 AM

Nov 2011
Dantalion taking the ring off William's finger felt like a reverse proposal LOL XD.
Sep 22, 2013 11:21 AM
Mar 2013
I can't even express the disappointment i'm in, that was one of the shittiest endings ever !! And i who had high hopes for this anime, it's like they feel the overwhelming urge to spoil anime with good potential every time >: | !! Aaaaah the disappointment, the pain ~ *sigh* *cry* *sigh again*
Sep 22, 2013 11:32 AM
Mar 2013
jenanime said:
Dantalion taking the ring off William's finger felt like a reverse proposal LOL XD.

Yeah it did XD and even after watching the episode, the title "realist but romanticist" still doesn't make any sense to me >~<
Sep 22, 2013 12:08 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
jenanime said:
Lol I thought the same when watching that scene. Idk what I was expecting for the last episode, but it kind of felt a bit underwhelming. Like Lucifer wakes up again and Solomon gives the ring to Dantalion...but the ending felt a little sad, I hate it when no one remembers but you. Must feel kind of lonely to be that person. William was really out of it too, he finally got the scholarship he's been aiming for and he's just like, okay...but at least Dantalion made an appearance again at the end :)
Sep 22, 2013 12:09 PM

Aug 2008
well was an original ending or had few manga moments in it?
because stopped reading it at ch 6 when heard had an adaptation :O
The spider is watching
Sep 22, 2013 12:10 PM

Aug 2012
I dont really know what to say the ending not sure if he knows about demons or not. Not sure if he members or not. I JUST DONT KNOW!!!!!
Sep 22, 2013 12:14 PM

Jun 2012
Wasnt bad as a series, but the effeminate characters put me off generally, and this was not an exception.

As for the ending, it was mediocre at best.

~5/10
Sep 22, 2013 12:36 PM

Sep 2011
6/10. Well its fun but nothing special.
Sep 22, 2013 12:40 PM

Feb 2011
I guess I expected a bit too much from this ending. Really average , expectable and poor in terms of enjoyment. Animation was bad , there was like 3 times where the same scene repeated and oh god I'm not even gonna continue.

But STILL 7/10 for the entertaining previous episodes.
Sep 22, 2013 1:07 PM
Jan 2011
dany_elle1908 said:

Solomon flashback, Dantalion being the only person able to touch the ring and Lucifer awakening was in the manga. The rest was anime original.

- In the manga the flashback happened when Lamia was explaining the demon world to Isaac and William
- Baalberith, Gilles and other demons didn't fight against Solomon
- The demons disappearing and William being the only one to remember doesn't happen
- Dantalion's speech that he is William and Dantalion kneeling in front of him doesn't happen
- In the manga Solomon attacked Dantalion after asking him who he was
- Solomon kept hurting Dantalion, who was on the brink of death until Lucifer awakens to save his subordinate (Dantalion is the only Nephilim with a contract with Lucifer)
- When Dantalion took his ring out, William woke up. Then he sees a lot of angry demons and the Kings order Dantalion to take William back to the dormitory
- William doesn't remember what happened when he put on the ring
- In the manga, after William returns to the dormitory, Michael orders Uriel to force ecstasy on him and Uriel takes William to Ascot while Jeanne d'Arc fights against Camio, Dantalion and Sytry in Paris (the anime animated this part in episode 9 but instead of Ascot they remained in the dormitories and the demons instead of Paris they fought in Hell during the anime)
- The manga also introduces count Glenstrae, an ex-exorcist from the Church of England who is a human magician as powerful as a demon or angel. After Uriel fails to force ecstasy on William because he is a realist, count Glenstrae visits William and offers to teach William magic.
- Count of Glenstrae becomes a teacher in William's school. Isaac and William start learning magic from him.
- The other Archangels get introduced during the war in Paris. One of them, Metatron, is conspiring in Heaven to kill Michael.
- Michael is dying because, unlike Lucifer, he hasn't rested yet
- The demon Candidates remain in school as always.

4/10 Bad adaptation with mediocre animation (the manga has very beautiful art unlike the anime).
Sep 22, 2013 1:09 PM
Aug 2011
So boring. Each episode was a struggle for me to stay focused.
Even now, it took me like an hour to watch this episode.

Shame cause I kinda liked Dantalion but oh well, can't win them all.
Sep 22, 2013 1:20 PM

Feb 2013
The only part that made me still curious. Who the heck is Lucifer?
Sep 22, 2013 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
parfaited said:
So boring. Each episode was a struggle for me to stay focused.
Even now, it took me like an hour to watch this episode.

Shame cause I kinda liked Dantalion but oh well, can't win them all.

It took me under 10 minutes to watch this episode. Thanks to fast playback.

There was no kiss scene, kind of disappointing.
Sep 22, 2013 2:37 PM

Aug 2009
7/10
Overall decent. A lot of wasted potential, a terrible ending, but certain episodes were entertaining. The music and animation weren't awful enough that I'd actually dock off just for it (although that shot of Dantalion unconscious looked so hilarious that it changed my mood from what it was supposed to be)

daisy23 said:
dany_elle1908 said:

Solomon flashback, Dantalion being the only person able to touch the ring and Lucifer awakening was in the manga. The rest was anime original.

- In the manga the flashback happened when Lamia was explaining the demon world to Isaac and William
- The demons disappearing and William being the only one to remember doesn't happen
- Dantalion's speech that he is William and Dantalion kneeling in front of him doesn't happen
- Solomon kept hurting Dantalion, who was on the brink of death until Lucifer awakens to save his subordinate (Dantalion is the only Nephilim with a contract with Lucifer)
- When Dantalion took his ring out, William woke up. Then he sees a lot of angry demons and the Kings order Dantalion to take William back to the dormitory
- In the manga, after William returns to the dormitory, Michael orders Uriel to force ecstasy on him and Uriel takes William to Ascot while Jeanne d'Arc fights against Camio, Dantalion and Sytry in Paris (the anime animated this part in episode 9 but instead of Ascot they remained in the dormitories and the demons instead of Paris they fought in Hell during the anime)
- The manga also introduces count Glenstrae, an ex-exorcist from the Church of England who is a human magician as powerful as a demon or angel. After Uriel fails to force ecstasy on William because he is a realist, count Glenstrae visits William and offers to teach William magic.
- Count of Glenstrae becomes a teacher in William's school. Isaac and William start learning magic from him.
- The other Archangels get introduced during the war in Paris. One of them, Metatron, is conspiring in Heaven to kill Michael.

4/10 Bad adaptation with mediocre animation (the manga has very beautiful art unlike the anime).

Thanks for those bullet points. Definitely going to go read the manga now. I had a lot of questions that I was going to ask, but I'll just go read then. *slinks off*
Sep 22, 2013 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
Not that bad of a series TBH. I quite enjoyed it except for the guy x guy moments some of the time. 5.5/10.
Sep 22, 2013 3:18 PM
Jul 2013
I felt it was a bit rushed. The one thing that really appealed to me about this show was the history and biblical elements (I'm not religious btw). The ending really wasn't that good and I'm not expecting a second season.

7/10

daisy23 said:

Wow, that was really helpful. I'll definitely start reading the manga now!
irtiza9169Sep 22, 2013 3:24 PM
Sep 22, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
This series was fantastic loved it. Solomon did not take over William, Lucifer was reawaken, and William did not lose his friend Dantalion all is well that ends well. Overall great series.
Sep 22, 2013 4:50 PM

Oct 2011
Will he ever see Sitori and Camio again??? Shed a tear during the last moment
Sep 22, 2013 4:56 PM

Sep 2012
It was funny, but I still have a lot of questions. Maybe I'll start the manga
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Sep 22, 2013 5:02 PM
Oct 2010
Saray said:
jenanime said:

Yeah it did XD and even after watching the episode, the title "realist but romanticist" still doesn't make any sense to me >~<

You so right I thought maybe will be something good for me and got excited lol the reverse propose was perfect x3 but ;-; but least its not bad ending not either good just fine :p want season 2 *__*
Sep 22, 2013 5:32 PM

Sep 2007
This last ep left me with a "That's it?!"

Granted...I kinda peeked at the manga a little last week so I was like "omg we see Lucifer's hand?!" =o

but other than that.....abrupt, ending was abrupt.....come on....even if a mostly original anime ending you can't make it that abrupt =\
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 22, 2013 5:38 PM

Feb 2010
Dat cliffhanger.
Too many re-used frames, we saw those low-level demons get obliterated like 4 or 5 times, we already knew Solomon was overpower, there wasn't any need to to all that.

It really felt like a "last episode", I'm 80% sure there won't be any sequel
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Sep 22, 2013 6:36 PM

Dec 2012
Flashy episode, a bit predictable but Lucifer awakening caught me off guard. The scene with Dantalion taking the ring off was pretty cool too. I like the ending and how the episode title is cleverly used to show William's transition from simply being a realist to a realist that wants to believe. It left a bittersweet feeling. I wonder if he remembers Dantalion when he shows up at the end.

Despite liking the ending, I was disappointed with this series as a whole. I feel like they spent too many episodes on pointless school life moments and could have easily used them on building up the heaven vs hell story more. At least 3 episodes felt like something you'd expect from a filler, regardless of whether they were or not.

Overall I'll give this a 6/10, it had its good moments but just felt like another story with wasted potential.
Sep 22, 2013 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
OH MY GOD I AM CRYING. WHY DID IT HAVE TO END LIKE THAT. PLEASE, THERE HAS TO BE MORE, SPECIALS, OR SOMETHING. IS THE MANGA CONTINUING FROM THIS POINT? ZLHLWZRJFLJERodfhwoeri;3wqasldkfrejwldscfn

-deep inhalation- Okay. I was recommended this anime by a friend, when I first began watching it, I never thought I would get as enticed in it as I did. I didn't like it at all at first, but It's completely grown on me. The story was very good, and I loved it. It felt a bit rushed, and too full of fillers, but I think they were expecting a shot at a second season, and had to wrap it all up quickly with the remaining time left.

The fight scene could have been better, but it was satisfactory.
The very ending, where Dantalion came back, I just lost it, I boarded S.S. Feels, and am not sleeping tonight ;~;

I love the relationship between Dantalion and William, as in brothers, I mean <3
If there's any other anime like this that has similar characters and comical relief, can you please recommend it? Arigatou <3
Sep 22, 2013 9:31 PM
Dec 2012
Seemed like Dantalion really cared about William as a person, not just b/c he was an elector. Surprised to see Silos screamed when his uncle was in danger. Didn't imagine Lucifer would awake. Interesting was his feathers were falling down to Michael's place as well. Nice to see Dantalion coming back at the end.

Overall I enjoyed the series though the male lead was irritating at times and some moments were too suggestive.
Sep 22, 2013 10:17 PM
Jul 2010
I liked the series, just not the ending for the same reasons mentioned above. It was abrupt, it recycled too many frames, left too many plot holes. I feel that they probably cut out a lot, to the point that it doesn't make sense anymore, like what is the meaning behind Solomon not remembering Dantalion? Why is that Dantalion was the only one to be able to touch the ring? I was also assuming another attack from heaven as well.

THough I must admit, it was pretty amusing for a while. Though I personally don't like fillers in extremely short series.
Sep 22, 2013 11:52 PM

Aug 2008
daisy23 thank you for the explanation now i understand
hm i guess i should restart from the start with the manga :/
The spider is watching
Sep 23, 2013 1:04 AM

Dec 2011
That ending :') thefeels
Sep 23, 2013 1:51 AM

Sep 2009
Wow. Williiam is so cool ^______^
Lol, I didn't expected the endiing -- Lucifer awakens.
Sep 23, 2013 2:44 AM

May 2013
Solomon had daddy problems, but he was like, "I don't give a fuck."

Balberith vs Solomon. Solomon is OP. But I don't like how they used the same animation for like three times.

I don't know why, but whenever an OP gets played during the middle of an episode, I like it.

What's up with Lucifer? He has white feathers and stuff.

So it ends with everyone, except for William, forgetting about Dantalion, Sytry, and Camio. And then they see each other in the end.
William X Dantalion!!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 23, 2013 3:07 AM

Nov 2009
The author has his/her facts wrong. As far as I know, Solomon's parents, based from the Bible, were David and Bathsheba. Unlike what was said in the anime, Bathsheba wasn't a servant. She was the former wife of Uriah. And Dantalion's familiar, Amon, is a part of the Lesser Keys. Why the hell is he a mere familiar?

They never answered why Solomon doesn't remember Dantalion, and why Baalberith couldn't touch the ring yet Dantalion can. And Lucifer shouldn't have 'white' wings.

Wished they showed Lucifer. I don't know if I should continue the manga after watching this.
amplifiedSep 23, 2013 3:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2013 4:02 AM
Jan 2011
Leio said:
The author has his/her facts wrong. As far as I know, Solomon's parents, based from the Bible, were David and Bathsheba. Unlike what was said in the anime, Bathsheba wasn't a servant. She was the former wife of Uriah.

The manga never mentions Solomon's mother, only said that David imprisioned him. Blame the anime.

They never answered why Solomon doesn't remember Dantalion, and why Baalberith couldn't touch the ring yet Dantalion can. And Lucifer shouldn't have 'white' wings.

The manga is ongoing and we still don't have the answers to that. The manga's focus at the moment is Metatron and Uriel (William has discovered that the Kevin who worked for him before his parents death and the one who stayed with him as his butler after their death are 2 different people).

Those who read the manga, read it from the start because the anime skipped things and changed a lot stuff.
Sep 23, 2013 7:23 AM

Jan 2008
Huh? That's that? The anime was enjoyable despite it's mediocrity. Each episode has something to smile or laugh upon so I rated this as good, thus 7, but the ending wasn't very satisfying. Shouldn't they splurge a little bit since this is the ending? I'm about 75% sure there won't be S2. Man, we're rewarded with reused frames and a cliff hanging story. *I'm still debating whether to rate this overall to 6 or remains at 7.*
Sep 23, 2013 8:01 AM

Feb 2012
ugh what the actual fuck was with that ending like the whole anime was weird as fuck but hey i enjoyed watching it bUT WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THAT ENDING

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Sep 23, 2013 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
Ended up enjoying this show more then i thought i would. At the beginning it was boring but then i started liking the characters and the show grew on me. Terrible ending though, but had an opening for a sequel.
Sep 23, 2013 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
Well, that ending wasn't very clear. What happened with Sytry, Camio, etc? If nobody remembers Dantalion, then what is he doing in school? They could make it more related to manga.
Sep 23, 2013 1:03 PM
Mar 2012
Blatant re-use of fight scenes. :/

Confusing ending that hardly made sense.

But hey, pillow fight! (feathers)
Sep 23, 2013 3:00 PM

May 2013
Hmmmm it would be great if we got to see Lucifer's face this anime is not that great there are sometimes where i just force myself to watch it ,but this was Ok :D
Sep 23, 2013 5:05 PM
Jul 2011
i liked the series as a whole ( a few episodes were a bit meh but it started off strong ) but this ending was just ...it didn't feel like an ending it should have had honestly , idk what i should have expected specially given i didn't read the manga but this was definitely not it.
Sep 23, 2013 6:09 PM

Jun 2013
that was a long flashback! nice anime not that good but okay
Sep 23, 2013 11:49 PM

Aug 2012
who cares william!! gah!! ..this was an important moment for salomon, why everyone wanted
william come back? this is so unfair, even you do this!! DANTALION!! why?, -vertical kick-

but you know dantalion? you deserve it, you deserve to salomon have chosen to forget you!

anyway, the ending was a bit rushed, and left many things unfinished - 3/5 -
Sep 24, 2013 2:08 AM
Aug 2013
I quite liked this episode :x That reverse proposal scene <3

About Lucifer and the white feathers, I guess since he was originally an angel they kept it at white?
Sep 24, 2013 5:49 AM

Oct 2011
Maybe this is following Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun's way. The first season was the build up for the next season. So if Makai Ouji gets another season, the plot unfolds then...
Sep 24, 2013 7:13 AM

May 2012
Damn why they didn't show Lucifer face

6/10
thepathSep 24, 2013 7:42 AM
Sep 24, 2013 9:02 AM
Mar 2013
HarukaRin said:
About Lucifer and the white feathers, I guess since he was originally an angel they kept it at white?

Since he's a fallen angel he shouldn't have had wings at all, just look at sytri, didn't they take away his wings since he was casted out of heaven?
Other than that, did anyone notice how the beginning of this anime doesn't match the rest at all? I mean, the first scene was supposed to be the first meeting ever between dantalion and solomon, as a king, and how he made a contract with him, but then in the random flashbacks, they show how solomon first met dantalion when he was STILL A KID !! Just what the hell is that supposed to mean ??!! Just WTH ?!!
Sep 25, 2013 11:22 AM

Jun 2008
What a nice way to end it. ~.~
The fight reminded me a bit of the first PKMN film...
All in all, it wasn't bad for a memory refresher, however there were many original parts.
Sep 26, 2013 3:21 AM

May 2013
heh it's over already ;w;
what a good anime. no. an amazing anime. yesh.
made by bunnyama
Sep 26, 2013 5:32 AM

Mar 2013
i love this anime, i had fun watching this. i mean seriously. the gayness and fluffyness and all are really suit to my taste. im really sad that it's already ended. i m gonna miss solomon's harem /sobs/ and those trap bishies

Ps. i wonder how luficer looks like.
Probably a trap too. Lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2013

35 by Hieru-chan »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:05 PM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

31 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:16 PM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

247Eyes - Jul 14, 2013

73 by Yysamag008 »»
Aug 19, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2013

122 by Yysamag008 »»
Aug 19, 2022 7:49 AM

» How faithful an adaptation is this?

MacabreMech - Dec 31, 2021

3 by Animefangirl152 »»
Jan 3, 2022 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.