Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: How many seasons should it have?

Sep 22, 2013 1:44 AM

Do you want SNK to have an ending or do you want it to continue, but how long?
The trouble with most anime when it becomes to huge a hit for its own good is that the story starts to waver and go stale and the people behind it start doing things that start to challenge your loyalty. To name a few I for one grew tired watching Bleach, Naruto, DBZ, Sailormoon after the second or third season but stayed watching with an "eh.." feeling. I definitely outgrew Pokemon for so many reasons.
Modified by Janethan23, Sep 22, 2013 1:53 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

Sep 22, 2013 1:45 AM

As much as the manga demands.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...

Sep 22, 2013 1:48 AM

As much as I love it, no drags.
However, no skips either, lol.
So, ... as many seasons as it makes the story whole, complete and finished.

Sep 22, 2013 1:53 AM

As much as it needs to be completed with all the mysteries being revealed.

Sep 22, 2013 1:55 AM

Lets say all the mysteries have been answered but they keep making them regardless. Then what? Keep going?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

Sep 22, 2013 1:56 AM

I heard somewhere that Isayama stated the manga is already halfway, so 2-3 seasons depending on the pace and how much anime-only contents he decide to add in these seasons.

Sep 22, 2013 2:01 AM

Quality before quantity of course

Sep 22, 2013 2:07 AM

HalfMetalJacket said:

This pretty much answers the question.

Sure I'd love 100 seasons if they could maintain the quality and thrill, but that won't happen. So as long as the manga finishes on a good note, the amount of the seasons the manga demands should be the number of seasons this anime has.

Sep 22, 2013 2:07 AM

Darklight0303 said:

There are so many famous anime out there that ended little too late after it has veered from its original plot. Sadly most of them were my favorites.

Sep 22, 2013 2:23 AM

It'd be better if they re-do the anime after the manga ended IMO, ala Brotherhood-style.

But I voted "Quality" of course.

Sep 22, 2013 2:28 AM
ArufeimKirra said:
It'd be better if they re-do the anime after the manga ended IMO, ala Brotherhood-style.

if your reason is to improve the quality of the animation then the BluRay Disc already solve that and whatever changes you see in the anime is being directed by Isayama himself too i heard

as for the topic i will go for QUALITY

Sep 22, 2013 2:32 AM
1 is too much.

Sep 22, 2013 2:33 AM

Quality - part of what separates good stories from masterpieces is knowing when it's time to end. Departures from a great story are sad but also necessary to leave the best impression. At least that's how I see it.

Sep 22, 2013 2:38 AM

Darklight0303 said:

Agreed

Sep 22, 2013 2:44 AM

Candior said:
1 is too much.

Go away

Sep 22, 2013 2:45 AM

9,999 seasons spanning 10 or so generations.

Sep 22, 2013 2:46 AM

less than 5 it's make sense :P

Sep 22, 2013 3:12 AM
Darklight0303 said:

Sep 22, 2013 3:13 AM

Ratohnhaketon said:
Quality - part of what separates good stories from masterpieces is knowing when it's time to end. Departures from a great story are sad but also necessary to leave the best impression. At least that's how I see it.

I agree. When the entire premise of the story was the fight for survival against titans gets resolved then that's where the story should end. If for some reason they suddenly DBZ on us by always introducing new enemies that are stronger, and another and another then this story is just being milked for all its worth regardless how stupid the plot goes. Always end on a high note, end while on top. Don't go away when your welcome has been exhausted.

Sep 22, 2013 5:11 AM

HalfMetalJacket said:

Sep 22, 2013 5:55 AM

ArufeimKirra said:

But I voted "Quality" of course.

It worked for FMA because they already deviated from the manga at an early point, but with SnK they followed the manga panel by panel up till now with here and there some anime-original content. It wouldn't make sense for them to re-make the entire season just so they can continue the story. That's when they make a second season, not a remake.

And just to add, people tend to give any anime-original content the 'filler' label and I disagree with that. As long as it adds to the story, it's not just there to fill in time. That part where they dropped the bodies is a perfect example. They discussed that scene with the manga writer and added it in, making it a canon part of the universe that just happens to only take place in the animation and got skipped in the manga.

Sep 22, 2013 11:47 AM

Klimat said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

You guys can't be serious, really?
What if the manga already answered whatever mystery the story had? Keep on writing more? It will be like every other manga/anime that became more like an arms race who has the stronger power and on and on and on. Then Isayama becomes a sell out with no one dying anymore for marketing purposes and goes the harem route with tons of fanservice catering to the lowest denominator of fans.

Sep 22, 2013 1:07 PM

3 is a good number.

Sep 22, 2013 1:50 PM
Probably 4.

Sep 22, 2013 2:29 PM

Janethan23 said:
Klimat said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

What if the manga already answered whatever mystery the story had? Keep on writing more? It will be like every other manga/anime that became more like an arms race who has the stronger power and on and on and on. Then Isayama becomes a sell out with no one dying anymore for marketing purposes and goes the harem route with tons of fanservice catering to the lowest denominator of fans.

Gosh, have some faith in your mangaka.

Sep 22, 2013 5:20 PM

Janethan23 said:
Klimat said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

Your lack of faith in Isayama is disturbing. Isayama doesn't sound like the type to sell out at all. He didn't sell out when Shounen Jump told to modify SNK. He didn't sell out when his editors suggested against the idea of Titan Shifters.

He will tell the story he's created. Some extra things might be added, but he's not walking down the road of Berserk or One Piece.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...

Sep 22, 2013 5:35 PM

DEMOLITION_D said:
9,999 seasons spanning 10 or so generations.

The adventures of Eren's Great Great grandchildren!

...Now I want to see one of those 'reincarnation' things!

But to be serious, until the manga ends. But you'll have to wait a bit for the manga to be released so there is enough content available to make into an anime.

Sep 22, 2013 6:04 PM

They should make a movie or two instead of a new season that
A) Continues the story or
B) Retells/Remakes the story with new animation and stuff

Then we wouldnt have to end on a cliffhanger every 20 minutes

Sep 22, 2013 6:14 PM

FirstFamiliar said:

This series is made of cliffhangers. If you can't handle it, too bad. IMO, it really gets me excited for a new episode/chapter.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 22, 2013 6:14 PM

We have to wait till the manga gets far enough ahead before we get season 2. Therefore, by the end of season 2, the anime would have completely caught up with the manga. Based on a decent 1.5 chapters per episode (given how action oriented some of these chapters can be), we have to wait another 38 months/chapters before getting season 3 (assuming 25 episodes). My math is probably off, as the manga chapters will still be released while season 2 is being broadcast. But anyway my point remains, it is far too long a wait. So my guess is, we will get 2 full seasons of anime, followed by feature length movies.
Modified by Torrible, Sep 22, 2013 6:22 PM

Sep 22, 2013 6:15 PM

Quality over Quantity

Sep 22, 2013 6:19 PM

are you mad or something ? 5 seasons ? oh god
there's no enough materials to make a second season and you say 5 seasons
I'm sorry but this is madness

Sep 22, 2013 6:21 PM

the manga is already halfway right? so I think 3 season is the maximum

Sep 22, 2013 9:02 PM

HalfMetalJacket said:
FirstFamiliar said:

This series is made of cliffhangers. If you can't handle it, too bad. IMO, it really gets me excited for a new episode/chapter.

No trust me, I rewatch episodes multiple times to get me hyped, but wouldn't it be nice for a straight forward story once and a while?

Sep 22, 2013 9:22 PM

I think at least 2, since this season doesn't seam like it will wrap up very easily in one more episode. But, I really wish there was an anime out there that could rival the "BIG 3" (naruto/bleach/one piece) in terms of length but STILL Have an interesting story line, decent character development and little TO NONE filler. And I think SNK has the potential to be as such.

Sep 22, 2013 9:53 PM

Trebel said:
I think at least 2, since this season doesn't seam like it will wrap up very easily in one more episode. But, I really wish there was an anime out there that could rival the "BIG 3" (naruto/bleach/one piece) in terms of length but STILL Have an interesting story line, decent character development and little TO NONE filler. And I think SNK has the potential to be as such.

It's not that I doubt SnK, but something like that can only happen if God gives you three wishes, and you use them all to wish for it

Sep 23, 2013 1:13 AM
I want 3 full seasons (with 25-26 episodes per season), 3 full-length animated movies and a hollywood adaptation. No need OVA/Japanese live adaptation (what's the point?).Fillers are allowed here and there if necessary. Then I'll be satisfied.

But if we add the side manga (aka Before the Fall, Shojo Levi) then, an extra 2 seasons for each respectively (probably only 13 episodes each).

So that's 5 seasons. Waahhhh........ *happy*
Modified by JunkoEve, Sep 23, 2013 1:18 AM

Sep 23, 2013 1:15 AM
If it keeps going at this pace it currently has material for 2 seasons.

Sep 23, 2013 3:04 AM

FirstFamiliar said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
FirstFamiliar said:

No trust me, I rewatch episodes multiple times to get me hyped, but wouldn't it be nice for a straight forward story once and a while?

I do have to say Cliffhangers are indeed something of a double edged sword...
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 23, 2013 3:24 AM

About 3-4 of the same size I'd assume, since the manga is halfway done already.

I'd prefer spin-offs in the same universe since the worldbuilding is so well done.
So, What do you think is on the other side?

Sep 23, 2013 4:50 AM

We want a great anime, not a very long anime! Very long will make it boring, and short anime will result on an incomplete anime I guess. I would say 3-4 as long as it covers the manga without a lot of filler episodes.

Sep 23, 2013 5:23 AM
if when the manga ends and it's best to finish the anime at season 5 then 5 it is

Sep 23, 2013 12:45 PM

The best way to keep this story going in terms of keeping it alive is to make spin-offs. I don't how many spin-offs have been successful stemming from the original story and cast but making those is somewhat meeting the need to keep going while preserving the original plot. Prequels have been a good way of laying more foundation e.g. FATE ZERO or stories taking place in the current time and place but with different people or maybe even a story taking place so many years after the story of Eren & co have concluded.

I have no problems with these examples. It's only when a story gets SO stretched to the point of just to keep it going tells me its a sign to move on.

Sep 23, 2013 12:48 PM

No fillers and a great and clear ending.

Sep 23, 2013 2:21 PM
Quality > Quantity.

Sep 23, 2013 2:33 PM

Whenever the manga is completed. I'm sure it'll be amazing anyways.

Sep 24, 2013 5:00 PM

Would like between 6-8 but Quality first so at least 5.

Sep 24, 2013 5:54 PM

Everyone here to a certain extent can agree an anime's ability to keep it's fans starts to wane around the 5-10 seasons because pretty much a lot has been told and your attention has shifted to the next big hit. The desire to "must see" has been replaced with "l8tr".

Sep 24, 2013 9:29 PM
An anime that hinges on mystery in general shouldn't run too long. I think 3 seasons is the optimal amount, 4 is pushing it and 5+ is too much.

Sep 24, 2013 9:54 PM

At current pace, some people are already saying the pacing at the middle is too slow...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store