Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Kamigami no Itadaki Chapter 47 Discussion

Sep 21, 2013 7:02 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow... what a beautiful and amazing last chapter. Both Habu's and Mallory's greatest trimuph were fitting conclusions to this momumental manga.

One of Taniguchi's best manga for sure, debating wether this is worth 9 or 10 out of 10.
Stone Ocean adaption when?

Jul 31, 2015 6:15 PM

A brilliant last chapter for a brilliant manga. Definitely one of Taniguchi's best. Everything was just top notch from the artwork to the writing. 9/10 .

Too bad this series is really unknown. Tis a shame.
Modified by nitrohawk, Jul 31, 2015 6:29 PM
Bring back down votes on reviews

Nov 4, 2015 6:05 PM

Yeah I believe Ponent Mon did the english translation recently for the last volume after finishing I was just left speechless. So inspirational and majestic. I guess it could also be that not alot of people are willing to give Taniguchi's works a try. He really is one of the best out there though.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Mar 31, 2016 11:50 AM

Damn, the premise of this manga sounds fantastic, not to mention the art. Why are the only mangas that interest me either licensed and not available online or untranslated due to nobody knowing about them?!

Nov 22, 2016 10:35 AM
What a brilliant manga. One of the best I've ever read. 10/10

Jan 16, 2017 12:35 PM

One of the finest endings I've ever experienced in anime/manga. All the major plot elements were summarized very well. Definitely going into my top 5 manga.

Dec 27, 2017 1:48 PM

A little late to the party. Amazing series with a great conclusion. Definitely one of my favorite manga.

May 25, 9:48 AM

For those interested:
After Taniguchi's death, an unfinished manga called "The Millennium Forest" was published, and I picked it up in German.
It has an afterword by Baku Yumemakura, who talked about his interaction with Jiro Taniguchi regarding Summit of the Gods.

Yumemakura said that he really wanted Taniguchi to adapt his Summit of the Gods novel, but didn't want to ask him because he thought he is too busy. Coincidentally, Taniguchi really wanted to adapt the novel, but was too shy to ask Yumemakura. Basically, a middle-man solved this. Yumemakura made an analogy with a boy and a girl in high school who love each other but are afraid to tell each other.

Now the interesting part:
Taniguchi asked Yumemakura, if he is allowed to change the ending. Yumemakura was happy about this, because he regretted ending it the way he did.
In the novel, it is left open whether Mallory actually reached the summit.
When Yumemakura read the last volume of the manga, he teared up when he saw the picture with Mallory on the summit. He said Taniguchi "completed" his work.