Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 21, 2013 9:52 AM

Apr 2009
That musical was seriously wonderful, though.
Sep 21, 2013 9:53 AM

Jul 2013
Season 2 or I will cry
NYANPASU~!
Sep 21, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
That was a great last episode.
Sep 21, 2013 10:00 AM

Aug 2010
The musical was absolutely awesome, but the first part...I just don't enjoy seeing Alice suffer, she was one of my favorite characters this season...Mixed feelings about this finale. I would love a second season though, this was the best show of its respective season for me. 8/10.
Sep 21, 2013 10:01 AM

Feb 2011
Good episode , liked it :D

Solid comedy , 8/10
Sep 21, 2013 10:11 AM

Apr 2013
I'll miss this relaxing anime. The musical part was very amusing.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Sep 21, 2013 10:12 AM
Feb 2009
that musical is pure brilliant, karen as pirate is so much win compared to samurai in snow white... =.="
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 21, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2012
Man, the musical was hilarious. A great end to one of the greatest most relaxing SOL out there, enjoyed it so much each week, grew to love it, looked forward to it every Saturday. Held it at 8/10 for a long time but yeah.

9/10

Second season, please please please!

Sep 21, 2013 10:21 AM

Nov 2009
8/10
I'm all for a second season, gonna miss this show sooooooo muchhhhhhhhhh
the musical part was brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
This ending was very good. YokoAya shippers were glad. Karen got chuunibyou. I enjoyed the whole musical stuff and even teared a little a the end :') I loved this show very much. I'm kind of sad it's already finished, and I would be glad if there was a second season.
8/10!
Sep 21, 2013 11:13 AM

Nov 2008
Aww this was a cute show. 6/10
Sep 21, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice ep. But didn't feel like a finale :(
Really gonna miss this series T_T

Ayaya wanting to hug Yoko like Alice did to Shino <3<3

Poor Ayaya...Yoko's too dense XD

Sensei feeling bad for Alice fearing she'll die from loneliness since she's a rabbit XD

Totally loved the story!!

Shino really looks nice as a blonde O_o...I didn't expect that XD

The singing was really good too. Esp loved Karen and Aya's songs.

Aya as a mermaid kawaii <3

Sensei being the prince's assistant lol. She looks good.
Karen vs Yoko was pretty nice too hahaha.

Then everyone's reactions to the story ^^

Well 8/10. Wouldn't mind a 2nd season :)
Sep 21, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2013
Loved the music.

Loved the Chuunibyou reference.

Loved everything about this finale.

this was a very nice show. I hope that we get a season two. that would be very cool.

now on to find something to fill the void :(
Sep 21, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2012
chuushou said:
Loved the music.

Loved the Chuunibyou reference.

Loved everything about this finale.

this was a very nice show. I hope that we get a season two. that would be very cool.

now on to find something to fill the void :(

Non Non Biyori might do so. But I don't know anything about the source, so yeah.
Sep 21, 2013 11:48 AM

Dec 2009
The musical was fantastic :'D
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 21, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
Wow what an unexpected final episode.. the musical is extraordinary and Shino was surprisingly good at telling a fairy tale. Sigh.. this wonderful series has finally come to an end.. I WANT SEASON 2!!! Definitely one of the best slice-of-life series I've ever watched, the characters are adorable (sooo gonna miss Karen and Ayaya), the jokes are funny, the music is good, not a single boring episode as some slice-of-life tend to be.. 10/10!!

ps: why was Shino sitting next to Alice even though Karasuma-sensei already told everyone to go back to their own class XD
Sep 21, 2013 11:53 AM

Aug 2010
1) Kinpatsu demo koi ga shitai
2) Namiuchigiwa no Ayaya-san

loved the show, S2 would be welcome. 9/10
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Sep 21, 2013 12:29 PM

Apr 2010
Nice anime really enjoyed the girls in this anime and some of the moments wish i could see more.
Hopefully we will get a second season or a good OVA but time will tell.

About the episode Alice and Yoko being separated from the rest made for some funny moments especially from Alice and Aya who where having trouble excepting it.
But luckily Alice got over it now the question is if Aya can get over it.
Sep 21, 2013 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
There was some great animation during the musical story.

Good final episode, I don't need a 2nd season. It felt complete as it was.

8/10
Sep 21, 2013 12:49 PM
Oct 2012
I echo the praise this episode received, but I think there is an angle that many people haven't noticed that makes this ending even better than it first appears.

This show has always had an unspoken melancholy to it: Alice is going to have to go home sooner or later. She is going to be parted from all her friends. While never specifically mentioning it, this reality has always been lurking around on the edges during this season, providing the dark cast that prevented this show from being too cute, and this episode dealt with that impending reality so brilliantly and in a very deliberate way.

You can see this in all the allusions and specific references to the distance between the UK and Japan Alice and Shinobu made about being separated by the wall. This impacted Alice more because even though Shinobu will be sad when Alice leaves, she will at least have her other friends, while Alice will have to return home alone. The Pirate scene is an indication of what their future holds in store for them, Shinobu will still be with Karen and will only be able to write Alice, but in the end their hearts will always be together no matter what happens. This was also highlighted at the very end, with the reference to the original letter which brought them together.

The pirate song, in addition to explaining their current situation, also gives a hint of what Shinobu is going to end up doing. Throughout the show she has played the ditz, likeable but we are all too aware that she will never be an interpreter. However in this episode not only does she craft the story, but the entire school was, and probably for the first time, impressed, even mesmerized by Shinobu's ability to use words. That I believe is a clue, we now know that Shinobu will be able to leave Japan and fulfill her dreams of living abroad, not as an interpreter, but as a writer.

This is why I think this was such a great ending for this cour. Good endings don't necessarily spell out everything that is going to happen to the characters, but it creates a nice stopping place where you can draw your own conclusions on what is going to happen to them and be left satisfied. This was an extremely satisfying ending. A second season would be nice, but ending here and in this manner was a perfect ending regardless of what happens.
Sep 21, 2013 12:56 PM

Sep 2009
ahaha, the best part was when Shino started telling a story until the end while the other students also listen to her :D
Sep 21, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2013
It's been fun.
Sep 21, 2013 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
That was quite possibly the most amazing ending to any anime I have ever seen.

It's been a while, but I think I'm already feeling the void again knowing that this long ride is over. I'll always be hoping for a season 2.

Sep 21, 2013 2:28 PM

May 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
I echo the praise this episode received, but I think there is an angle that many people haven't noticed that makes this ending even better than it first appears.

This show has always had an unspoken melancholy to it: Alice is going to have to go home sooner or later. She is going to be parted from all her friends. While never specifically mentioning it, this reality has always been lurking around on the edges during this season, providing the dark cast that prevented this show from being too cute, and this episode dealt with that impending reality so brilliantly and in a very deliberate way.

You can see this in all the allusions and specific references to the distance between the UK and Japan Alice and Shinobu made about being separated by the wall. This impacted Alice more because even though Shinobu will be sad when Alice leaves, she will at least have her other friends, while Alice will have to return home alone. The Pirate scene is an indication of what their future holds in store for them, Shinobu will still be with Karen and will only be able to write Alice, but in the end their hearts will always be together no matter what happens. This was also highlighted at the very end, with the reference to the original letter which brought them together.

The pirate song, in addition to explaining their current situation, also gives a hint of what Shinobu is going to end up doing. Throughout the show she has played the ditz, likeable but we are all too aware that she will never be an interpreter. However in this episode not only does she craft the story, but the entire school was, and probably for the first time, impressed, even mesmerized by Shinobu's ability to use words. That I believe is a clue, we now know that Shinobu will be able to leave Japan and fulfill her dreams of living abroad, not as an interpreter, but as a writer.

This is why I think this was such a great ending for this cour. Good endings don't necessarily spell out everything that is going to happen to the characters, but it creates a nice stopping place where you can draw your own conclusions on what is going to happen to them and be left satisfied. This was an extremely satisfying ending. A second season would be nice, but ending here and in this manner was a perfect ending regardless of what happens.

Interesting way to look at things. I do agree that even if it didn't get another season that would be fine with how it ended, but I want more of this group's antics!!
Sep 21, 2013 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
Suddenly interested in seeing a moe pirate anime, may be better than one piece.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 21, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2013
That was a great episode. Like that story Shino was telling. I want a second season of this.
Sep 21, 2013 4:31 PM

May 2012
Zee530 said:

It'd be better for certain!

We do have a lot of moeified stuff, but I don't think we've gotten pirates yet!
Sep 21, 2013 5:06 PM
Oct 2012
Zee530 said:

Humm, have you ever seen Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku? Space pirates, but pirates non the less.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8917/Mouretsu_Pirates

IMO the show had some really good episodes (particularly the beginning and the end) and some really bad episodes in the middle, but overall I liked the series and will watch the movie they are planning to release.
Sep 21, 2013 5:30 PM

May 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Zee530 said:

Humm, have you ever seen Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku? Space pirates, but pirates non the less.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8917/Mouretsu_Pirates

IMO the show had some really good episodes (particularly the beginning and the end) and some really bad episodes in the middle, but overall I liked the series and will watch the movie they are planning to release.

I feel like that really doesn't fit the criteria of 'moe pirates. But it is pretty close, and was amazing~
Sep 21, 2013 6:04 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
My favorite anime of this season has ended... I'm happy and sad at the same time. Happy because this series had an amazing ending with that fairy tale musical. Sad because this series is over... T_T

That musical was spectacularly awesome with the setting, lyrics, and background music! Also, would love to see all 5 of them together in the same class but at least they can still visit each other during breaks.

I'm going to miss Kiniro Mosaic, really. It's so adorable and heartwarming. It never fails to make me smile. Heck, I'm always grinning like an idiot every time I watch an episode! I want more, but I dunno if it'll get a second season. I hope so!

Thank you very much! I love these girls... :')
Sep 21, 2013 6:42 PM

Dec 2012
Solid ending, I absolutely loved this episode. Bless Shino and her warped Disney musical. Of course her greatest treasure would be blonde hair. Overall a good series, definitely laughing from start to finish and rarely a boring moment with this cast. 7/10
Sep 21, 2013 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
And thats the end of that, I had a few laughs here and there but nothing really made me laughing till a feel off the chair so I'm gonna give this an average score of 7/10.

As for this episode, hmmm best part was Shino's story. It was interesting to see the credits before the ending, I was like da f**k the end already, when I heard the ED but it turned out it was the half way mark.
Sep 21, 2013 7:30 PM

Feb 2012
10/10. Loved watching this every week. So fun, calming, and the characters work great together.

So sad it ended. And what an end it was! Loved the musical, and everything wrapped up nicely.
Sep 21, 2013 7:52 PM

May 2010
great episode..really loved it !

a solid 7/10 but not more.

one of the better shows this season.
Sep 21, 2013 8:07 PM

Jun 2013
Shino''s dream job is to be an interpreter... but by the looks of that classroom, future's going to be her working as a Walt Disney scriptwriter.

9/10 overall, enjoyed watching this. Looking forward to a possible S2.
Sep 21, 2013 10:29 PM
Jul 2013
All good things come to an end... I enjoyed this A LOT, one of my favs.
Sep 21, 2013 11:28 PM

Mar 2013
The only thing I really didn't get was the classroom thing. They were just randomly shoved in any of the classes from what I can tell, so I'm pretty sure moving class would be no issue...? I'm pretty sure they'd let them move if being in a certain class upset them that much. Especially since the homeroom teacher seemed to be perfectly fine with sorting that out for Shino and Alice without even being asked??? Like c'mon girs, have some initiative.
Sep 22, 2013 12:04 AM

Aug 2013
Great series and the musical ending made it even more fun. Maaan...sure is tough with Tamayura and Kinmoza ending in the same week. The void feels even worse >_<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 22, 2013 1:27 AM

Oct 2009
What a teary yet sorta fun ending... 9/10
So much Karen/Shino this ep... XD
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Sep 22, 2013 1:46 AM

Mar 2011
8/10
Wow what a amazing story musical ending.
Sep 22, 2013 1:56 AM

Apr 2012
Shino with blonde hair! lol. Great musical at the end. I guessed something like that would happen when they showed the end credits after only 8mins! ^_^ 7/10
Sep 22, 2013 2:33 AM

Mar 2009
I raised my final score because of that unpredictable and hilarious musical sequence. What a way to end the show. It could have been awkward and silly, but it was executed very well. Major props to them for going all out with it. Shino's love for blonde hair never fails to amuse me. XD

Sure, I would have liked if Kinmosa had gone down the Croisee in a Forein Labyrinth route(the first episode of Kinmosa is still my favorite), but as a "cute girls doing cute things" type of anime, it wasn't half-bad. Some funny and heartwarming moments throughout. Fun show. 6/10.
Sep 22, 2013 3:33 AM

Nov 2010
Great show! I'll miss it for sure...
Need 2nd season! Need more Karen! XD
Sep 22, 2013 5:36 AM

Jul 2012
WOW, I really enjoyed this series all and all. The story telling at the end was a great touch to the ending. I am truly satisfied with this series. Overall great series.
Sep 22, 2013 7:07 AM

May 2012
straggy said:
The only thing I really didn't get was the classroom thing. They were just randomly shoved in any of the classes from what I can tell, so I'm pretty sure moving class would be no issue...? I'm pretty sure they'd let them move if being in a certain class upset them that much. Especially since the homeroom teacher seemed to be perfectly fine with sorting that out for Shino and Alice without even being asked??? Like c'mon girs, have some initiative.

it's how school in Japan works. It's not the US, THey're not going to accomodate two girls who are unhappy with their situation. The girls have to learn to adapt, as in Japan it's more about the group than the individual.

It's also a running gag in these sort of shows to split up characters when they move forward.

It's not a big deal, if anything, it'll make things more interesting.
Sep 22, 2013 7:09 AM

May 2010
Aya and Yoko got separated, and so did Alice and Shino. Yoko is so dense xD

Loved how the ending song played in middle of the episode, I really loved it. Was that 'Another' reference? Or Sword Art Online? Or Chuunibyou?

Lovable musical, Shino is talented with stories! I so rewatched that part, the music was so so addicting! Aya so beautfiul as a mermaid. Their voices were so amazing, esp. Shino's! The Aya/Yoko scenes were awesome as well! She cut her hair from them, just how amazing it was... Shino so popular near the end, looks like she has found her future self: a writer!

This is bad, I am really really gonna miss it, sensei's "Araaa", Shino's kinpatsu love, Aya's tsundere-ness and waifu-ness (my fav!), Karen's energeticness and broken japanese, yoko's coolness, Alice's cuteness... It was one of my top 5 this season :/

Sorry for my biased-ness, but a 10/10 from me! I loved it a lot, esp. this episode was a masterpiece! Too bad, it was underrated right from the start, and is still...

The 2nd season can totally use some stories from Shino, like she is aiming to become a writer now, and that's how it begins. I really want one, a 2nd season!... :/
Sep 22, 2013 8:32 AM

Jul 2012
Very nice series, 8/10.
Sep 22, 2013 9:23 AM

Apr 2010
I'm going to miss this show. But at least I have the Full ED to listen to. 8/10

Sep 22, 2013 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
pretty good for a "moeshit" show
was really cute and sometimes quite funny

overall 6+/10
Sep 22, 2013 10:07 AM

Oct 2009
The second half of this episode is probably originally planned as an intermezzo episode on it's own, but as it turns out to be too good, it could kill the next episode pacing and atmosphere, so they put it as a closure instead. After that 'extra' half I crave for more Shino mousou-mode.

That is said, I really love that Shino Musical, a hidden talent of Shino. This episode alone has heighten up my opinion on this series.
If anyone curious, the group Rhodanthe* that sings OP & ED is the seiyuu of the main cast of this anime.
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/rhodanthe/profile.html

Khalan3 said:
pretty good for a "moeshit" show

Oh you, Tsundere.
azzuReSep 22, 2013 10:14 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jul 6, 2013

208 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 17, 2013

73 by ChibiiiAlex »»
Feb 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 7, 2013

69 by DragonX11 »»
Sep 24, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 31, 2013

90 by DragonX11 »»
Sep 2, 2023 8:28 PM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 27, 2013

91 by PatszHUN »»
Jul 20, 2023 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.