Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2013 12:22 AM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Uwaaaaah! Kaede spilled the beans too early~!
Doubtful that there will be much drama next episode, since it's the first season's finale.

Does that mean Soleil is on hiatus/disbanded?

Aikatsu! Aikatsu! Aikatsu!
Sep 20, 2013 1:06 AM

Jul 2008
I don't really know where that came from. Until right now, I never got the impression that Ichigo wasn't happy with the path she was on or what she was doing. It seems that all of a sudden this episode she decided she didn't know what she wanted and kept thinking about the quote from the Angely Sugar designer. But idk. They also seemed to show Ichigo...not falling behind, but being concerned about her future compared to Ran, Aoi, and everyone getting so many jobs. But Ichigo and everyone has been getting jobs all season. Why is now so different or special?

The song, while pretty, didn't seem like a very good song to use for the Starlight Queen Cup. It was too slow and there was almost no /dancing/ or anything. How could you really vote for one of the idols from that performance?

I am wondering how it will end since season two seems to still feature Ichigo, Aoi, and Ran at Starlight Academy against new rivals from Dream Academy.
Sep 20, 2013 5:53 AM

Aug 2013
O_______________O
Next episode is gonna be interesting... Possibly the first episode ever on this anime with a "fight" :O
"You sing do,I sing re,You sing re, I sing mi,whatever you sing I will always be higher!"
– Seira
Sep 20, 2013 6:25 AM

Dec 2011
GarLogan78 said:
The song, while pretty, didn't seem like a very good song to use for the Starlight Queen Cup. It was too slow and there was almost no /dancing/ or anything. How could you really vote for one of the idols from that performance?

My feelings exactly, though i loved everyone of them used the "big guns" in the perfomrance, and I don't think there's going to be much of a "fight" i mean... is not like Ichigo is going to stop being an idol, she might be going study aboard or something like that, following the basic formula, is going to be solved with a lot of holding hands and close ups to the almost-teary eyes.

Also, very clever to finally place Ichigos worries on the table, yes, they all have been having jobs all season, but evryone has a somewhat deteminated path: Aoi: Acting, Ran: Modeling, Yurika: Singing, Otome: Is the mascot for some popcorn brand, Kaede: Is always into magic, Sakura: Something to do with traditional acting, and Ichigo: Nothing, she has done a bunch of things, but she doesn't really know what to do. Once the Starlight cup is finished they will be third years. After graduating... what then?
Sep 20, 2013 7:46 AM
Jun 2013
GarLogan78 said:

The movements are rather fine and any mistakes that happen can be spotted straight away. I also find that the dance choreography is rather complicated, which makes the song harder than it seems.

Zaraquiel99 said:

Also, very clever to finally place Ichigos worries on the table, yes, they all have been having jobs all season, but evryone has a somewhat deteminated path: Aoi: Acting, Ran: Modeling, Yurika: Singing, Otome: Is the mascot for some popcorn brand, Kaede: Is always into magic, Sakura: Something to do with traditional acting, and Ichigo: Nothing, she has done a bunch of things, but she doesn't really know what to do. Once the Starlight cup is finished they will be third years. After graduating... what then?

Indeed, however as far as what I have seen so far, she is more or less an all-rounder, but she never realized this. Perhaps working as a 2.5D idol (like those seiyuu who are in the Love Live! Project) would be perfect for her, but that is not going to happen, especially considering the plot of the sequel.
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Sep 20, 2013 11:25 AM

Jul 2008
Zaraquiel99 said:
Once the Starlight cup is finished they will be third years. After graduating... what then?

Find an Idol High School ;)
Sep 20, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah, not sure I like this "sudden dorama" to end the (first segment of the) series. Feels like it will be one of those cheap endings you might get in a slice-of-life series intended to give the viewer a lasting impression, only anyone who's stuck with this show for so long really shouldn't need that.

It was a good episode otherwise, though. The song was a strange choice for the occasion, but I still liked it.
Sep 21, 2013 6:31 AM

Apr 2011
It really likes that Moonlight Destiny doesn't fit for the competition.

I was thinking they should use "Wake up my music" instead or any better song.
Sep 21, 2013 10:13 AM

May 2012
This show might be completely predictable, but it's the little moments that make it the best.
I think what I liked was Raichi running around like a chicken with its head cut off after Ichigo was announced winner because even though his sister won, he still wanted Aoi to win.

Also Kaede noooooooooooo she spoiled the whole thing.
Sep 22, 2013 1:10 PM

Mar 2011
I laughed at that cliffhanger ending part, it's sure a bluff.
Sep 22, 2013 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
I thought this was a great episode but i think the ending was terrible when they actually performed :(
Was expecting something more from Aikatsu in this episode. Hope the finale is better.

The actual ending (cliffhanger), thought was nothing special. So what you don't tell your best friend, it not like your going to tell them every single detail every single moment of your life, anyway I'm sure Ichigo was going to tell her anyways but didnt have the chance to.

Apr 30, 2014 11:16 PM

Jan 2009
1. Of course ichigo would be picked to go up against mizuki. It is the finale after all

2. Wasn't expecting ichigo to say she's leaving the academy

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 22, 2014 10:51 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That ending where Kaede pretty much tells Aoi that Ichigo is quitting Starlight Academy was shocking.

Even though she's happy there, the fact that she has no concrete future yet means has her pressured. I was thinking Ichigo can maybe start in commercials since she can draw attention quick.

Sep 12, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2010
Kaede pls D:
Feb 14, 2016 10:27 PM

Dec 2012
That performance was heavenly, each of them was just so wonderful to watch. That was a well deserved win for Ichigo, albeit I wish they would do individual concerts to highlight what each character excels at. Ah but Ichigo really has a gift for brightening the mood in the blink of an eye. That's why I wonder how her decision to leave ties into the happiness she wants to pursue.
Jun 6, 2016 2:53 PM

Dec 2013
So that's what Ichigo was going to tell Aoi before they went to bed. I'm really not sure why she'd want to leave after coming so far as an idol though. I wonder what solution they'll offer.
Aug 4, 2016 4:06 AM

Nov 2013
I always hated Kaede. Now i hate her even more.
May 1, 2017 11:48 PM

Feb 2014
Gvendoline said:
I always hated Kaede. Now i hate her even more.

Yeah, that blabbermouth. As if it wasn't bad enough she's the most uninteresting character out of them all.
Sep 7, 2021 1:15 AM

Feb 2020
I absolutely loved the song Moonlight Destiny.

Oh, no. Ichigo is leaving?! And now Kaede spoiled the whole thing.

Angel Ichigo. <3

SerafosMar 2, 8:30 AM
Jan 29, 7:16 AM

May 2019
Everyone already thinking about their future except for Ichigo. But turns out she finally decided on a path that she would take by leaving. Moonlight Destiny is a really good song I have to say. It sounds dreamy, romantic and yet melancholic at the same time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 178 Discussion

megmica - Mar 31, 2016

37 by VivaceRex »»
Feb 17, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.