Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2013 5:56 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An ep. without her camera, which it got broken and got it fixed later. Father's b-day, hina matsuri. Sempai girl came to take photos, since she already has an university decided. Feeling of graduation. Her mother is a motorbiker! Proposal spot and mother's turn to confess about father. "Gratitude" feeling. lol @ everyone's worried about the main girl.

Graduation time for the sempai girl, who is cute when doing that thing and getting embarrassed. Though I hope that it would get people's attention and get people to join the next year. "Saigo no Haruyasumi (最後の春休み)" by Haruka Chisuga
tsubasaloverSep 18, 2013 7:11 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 18, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
A lot of things happened in this episode and it is not just about Kanae's graduation, and this is great. Arigatou is the main theme here and the mood is overflowing but yet subdued. Kanae looks so cute and lovely in her graduation ceremony. The series is clearly prepared to go for a third season. The director has said before he would like to show Fuu and the girls graduate, so I look forward to seeing it someday. Thanks for everything, Tamayura !!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 18, 2013 11:30 AM
Dec 2012
OK episode though I think it would've been better if the last episode had been a finale. It was nice to see they still celebrated her dad's b-day, but like she herself said, it was sad as well. Strongly hope they will make a sequel to show us her mental growth more. I'd like to see Potte who fully overcomes her dad thingy.

Overall it was nice to watch the show in the season. This kind of anime full of relaxing and touching moments is rare.
Sep 19, 2013 12:08 AM

Oct 2011
10/10 and for sure anime of the season - if year we will see but there is not much of a competition.

It was fun, sad and touching just as I remembered it. Could write some comparison with Aria but than I might belittle this series even if there are similarities - story of growing up, dealing with memories and that cyclical nature of everything that happens.

Awesome that Norie wasn't irritating as she used to be in S1, too bad Maon wasn't whistling so much ;( also there could be more episodes fixed on showing other girls stories but I don't mind.

BTW does anyone know how predicted sales look for Tamayura? I hope it will be enough for another season (with more of Tomo and Shihomi). Still one of two series I will be buying this season :)
Sep 19, 2013 12:35 AM

Sep 2012
Dalek-baka said:
BTW does anyone know how predicted sales look for Tamayura? I hope it will be enough for another season (with more of Tomo and Shihomi). Still one of two series I will be buying this season :)
Currently it is pointing to 4.1k according to Amazon Stalker. I think the actual sales may be slightly above this number. Overall it is not bad for a sequel.

I surely want to see a third season. The graduation of Potte and the girls would surely be powerfully moving. Although I have visited Takehara before (of course because of Tamayura), this season introduces a whole lot of new places to go around Takehara which makes me itching to visit the place again!

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 19, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2012
wow, this ep got subbed quick.
what a great show this was. easily my most enjoyed show of the season, quite the hidden gem tbh.
and its also good to hear it sold fairly well and that theres interest in a (presumably) final season.

as with all shows one tends to enjoy, especially SOL's, the final episode is always quite bittersweet to watch.
hope to see more in the future
Sep 19, 2013 5:29 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, i really liked this. Never thought that an slice-of-life anime can impress me so much. And it was even an anime about photographs.

I'm really impressed and hope for a third season. And if that happens it would be nice to see something from kanae again =D

10/10
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Sep 19, 2013 5:38 AM
Sep 2012
Such a touching and great episode.

I laughed when Dougou-sensei was crushed by the news that his crush was temporarily closing shop and going on a trip for who knows how long; I also loved seeing Norie fighting over Kou one last time. It was great seeing Kanae happy and taking pictures again as she had gotten accepted into the college of her choice. It wouldn't have ended right if she wasn't back to her old happy self.

It was a touching scene when Fuu's mom took her to the place where she was proposed to, and told Fuu about how it took Fuu's father until nightfall to finally propose to her. It was also bittersweet seeing Kanae finally graduated and congratulating Fuu for all the wonderful experiences over the past year. It's unfortunate that Kanae had to graduate, since I quite liked her character this season. She will be missed.

Here's to hopefully a season 3.
Sep 19, 2013 5:45 AM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
It's unfortunate that Kanae had to graduate, since I quite liked her character this season. She will be missed.
Here's to hopefully a season 3.
If we have season 3, I am sure Kanae will make an appearance in it. Could be a cameo but more likely to be more than one scene I would say ;-)

Sep 19, 2013 5:50 AM

Dec 2011
Those... feelings... i cant.... contain.....

Then i asked myself: Did Potte just whent out of the club room through the window??

A great episode. Really hoping for season 3
Sep 19, 2013 6:56 AM
Nov 2010
Zaraquiel99 said:
Those... feelings... i cant.... contain.....

Then i asked myself: Did Potte just whent out of the club room through the window??

A great episode. Really hoping for season 3

HAHA that is exactly what I thought at the end and yeah I hope for a third season i really will miss my heart warming anime next season
Sep 19, 2013 7:36 AM

May 2010
As expected a cool down season finale.
I personally think this season is much better than previous one maybe because

Dalek-baka said:
Awesome that Norie wasn't irritating as she used to be in S1, too bad Maon wasn't whistling so much

and lesser midday x sunlight. Moi would welcome season 3 too :3
Sep 19, 2013 8:18 AM

May 2013
Loved the episode and loved this series as well. Hope there will another season in the future.
Sep 19, 2013 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
Decent series overall. Whenever I watch this show, it brings me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Kanae's aggressive photo shooting skills was a sight to see~
I kinda liked that bike this episode as well. I need to get one of those someday ;.;

Great atmosphere to this episode/show overall. 7/10. Dat proposal under the sky.
Sep 19, 2013 9:48 AM

Mar 2008
I got teary eyed during this episode. Loved this series! Third season when!?
Sep 19, 2013 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
Beautiful moment between Potte and her mother, it felt like a resolution of some kind. Great ending.
Check out my eurobeat guide. Who knows, you might find yourself a new favourite genre!
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=738669
Sep 19, 2013 11:14 AM

Jan 2011
Very sweet ending (I almost feel like I should take a shot of insulin after watching this show) and we got the closest Tamayura ever gets to romance when we saw the proposal by her father through her mother's memories. I may watch a third season, although the whole cgdct sol genre is starting to turn me off. I just feel a desperate need to have something (anything) happen by the end of a series before we float away in a misty cloud of nostalgia...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 19, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2012
rodac said:
I just feel a desperate need to have something (anything) happen by the end of a series before we float away in a misty cloud of nostalgia...
So graduation and departure does not count as something/anything ?

Sep 19, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2010
Another nice season, it's always hard to say goodbye to this anime it doesn't matter how many seasons pass.
I just can't get enough of it.
Maybe we will see another season but for now i am feeling relieved i enjoyed watching this like always.
Sep 19, 2013 3:04 PM

Jun 2011
I find very touching the moment when Fuu's mom told her that she couldn't take her father's place. Despite that, Fuu has grown fast enough to overcome his death, making things on her own.

Overall, what I liked the most about this season is the way they told us more about Fuu's father's life, he was a caring man. Not only Fuu but all her friends learned something valuable, something that will be useful for their life from now on. With such as great development as that, Tamayura definitely deserves another season.
Sep 19, 2013 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
what a wonderful anime.

Thank you out of 10!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 19, 2013 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
oh the feelings...
Sep 19, 2013 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
Very nice ending
Sep 19, 2013 6:40 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
symbv said:
The director has said before he would like to show Fuu and the girls graduate, so I look forward to seeing it someday. Thanks for everything, Tamayura !!!

I would like to see this happen. This will probably be so emotional....

Such a sweet ending and all the memories they've made together shall never be forgotten. Thank you very much for bringing us this season of Tamayura! ;___; *sniff*
Sep 19, 2013 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
I reading some comments that this didn't feel like a true end. I don't feel the same. If the series ended here I think it would be just fine and rather conclusive.

Aside from that, I know I have a heart but I didn't get all the feels like the rest. As gentle and delicate as this show is, at times I feel it is a little too much so. I hope she can finally, truly make peace in her heart and soul regarding her father and really take the next step now that 12 episodes of self discovery and reflection have been made. I remember enjoying S1 much more. Oh well. Very nice but didn't enjoy this cruise all that much.
Sep 19, 2013 10:16 PM

Jan 2013
A low 7/10

Everything is well done. But, this anime is just a bit boring and predictable.
Sep 20, 2013 8:00 AM

Apr 2012
This is a confusing anime to score for me. I really like Potte but the other main characters needed more depth. I still don't know very much about them. I did really like this last episode but overall I think a 6/10. Good but not excellent.
Sep 20, 2013 8:22 PM

Jul 2010
I love Tamayura! I hope they make another season for their senior year and then another for the college years then a 10 years later movie! I can't get enough of this wonderful, healing anime.

The scene with her mom taking her to the place where her father proposed was wonderful, even though I had figured out the reason it was a special place before she told Potte. I don't care if it is predictable, the emotional impact is just as strong either way.
Sep 20, 2013 10:39 PM
Jun 2013
Loved it.

Favorite out of this season.
Sep 22, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
I think episode 11 was much more emotional, but this one was great as well. I really hope there will be a season 3 (where hopefully Potte finally moves on, I would have preffered if they put a bit less focus on her father).

Thank you!
Sep 23, 2013 3:42 PM

May 2012
Awwww it's the end T__T I really hope there is a 3rd season someday...9/10 overall as there is just a tiny bit stuff is missing in this anime. But other than that, excellent anime x3
This season indeed kind of taken a different approach in some ways but it worked mostly. We know more about Fuu's father, which is a great thing. Kanae should appear more maybe, but hopefully, this will be the case in the new season (if any). Fuu's thought of her friends leaving her is emotional, I wonder how this will be if this really happened sometime.
I always love the warm feeling of this anime, indeed deserves to be a neighbour of Aria series x3
Sep 25, 2013 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
Loved it.

Some might say they focused too much on the moe aspect (like Lucky Star did compared to Azumanga Daioh), but I can't agree with this statement.

Overall a really good iyashikei-anime, 8/10 (3rd season or something similar would be nice).
Sep 29, 2013 11:07 AM
May 2012
Beyond amazing, that's what i would describe the Tamayura series. Might be exaggerating but that was the word that came up my mind while watching the final ep.

The "healing" factor along with nice character development, was what made the series for me, along with the sceneries, and the solemn BGMs and some insert songs. I did spot some production errors but it didn't matter to me.

This might be the first healing anime that i have watched, so i guess this gets me started in the genre. I think I'm really gonna like this genre a lot.

10/10 (Apologies for too much off-topic comments here)
Sep 29, 2013 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
^You should probably watch Aria.
Sep 30, 2013 1:56 AM

May 2012
@Den0s: Like the person above me said, if you like Tamayura, then you would like the Aria series (http://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_the_Animation). It was directed by the same person as Tamayura and it has 3 seasons (with some specials and OVAs). Another masterpiece you must watch :)
Oct 1, 2013 7:24 PM

Jun 2010
Finally managed to finish this and thanks for everything Tamayura :'(
Got the same problem as Kanae that I was afraid to move forward and because of that sometimes it was quite hard to watch. :(

8/10 for me.
Nov 2, 2013 8:25 AM

Jan 2010
is there any possibility for another season?
ClockLockNov 2, 2013 8:29 AM
Nov 4, 2013 5:16 PM

Dec 2009
I wonder if there will be a third season? Although it's not really needed (except for maximum closure with graduation).

This was a good season, better than the last. It felt a bit like two series when it jumped between the photo club and Fuu's life (or rather her father's). Neither really got enough development, especially Mitani, despite being a lovely character, didn't get the time she deserved.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 21, 2013 6:55 PM

Oct 2012
I'll miss you Tamayura. I had a great season with you. From hitotose to more aggressive, it's been a great ride :)

Jan 15, 2014 12:27 AM

Apr 2011
I finally watch the last episode...I should've watch this December of last year. Maybe because I'm lazy or just don't want it to end.

Anyway, a wonderful anime. Its sad that we only see Kanae only in one season, but I'm hopeful we'll see her again in the OVA.

It's always relaxing to watch this series. I love its slow pace. It's also makes warm and fuzzy and puts a gentle smile in my face. Thank you for the healing, Tamayura.

8/10

With real life getting tougher to live in, the world needs more healing animes.

Is it me or does SoL animes are getting popular nowadays?
Feb 1, 2014 6:04 AM

Aug 2010
I admit, I teared up a couple of times, excellent episode 5/5.

While Aria might be the most often cited example of what a well done SoL can offer, for me Tamayura has become the ultimate slice of life. It wasn't SoL in the sense that nothing important happened, but it was slice of life because it it focused on our everyday lives. Losing people close to us, getting over it, maturing, saying goodbye, finding our own way...it was just simply extraordinarily well-handled and I felt for each and every character whether they were happy or sad. Perfection. 10/10.
Mar 13, 2014 6:42 AM

Dec 2012
Quite a few heartwarmingly emotional moments this episode, especially between Fuu and her mother. "Thank you." That's what I want to say to Tamayura for providing yet another feel good series like Aria. I liked how this season focused on everything that Fuu's father had done for her, both in life and death. The legacy of not only photography, but leading a happy life as well.

I look forward to the OVA this summer and welcome a 3rd season anytime. 8/10, nanode!
Jul 2, 2014 2:21 PM

May 2012
Great touching ending! Really loved how they ended it this way! Quite a nice anime with a really lovely atmosphere and characters! All in all a very lovely series 7/10
Nov 27, 2014 4:28 AM

Feb 2013
great episode! I guess noe is the lst time we'll ever see Kanae. That scene with Potte and her mother talking about her father was super touching. Dougou is a awesome too. He cares about his students. Bittersweet ending for the season.

So I guess we wait for the 4 movies that are going to be released. How long is that going to take? 4 movies? 1 year between releases or even 2 years? How long will each one be? Anyway I can't wait.

Dougou better ask Hoboro-san out in the movies! It can't end like that!

Pretty good series. I like it.
Dec 22, 2014 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that ends the season in a really sweet and with a delicacy that, to still have that hunger for anime!
I am grateful for this TV series, as he was able to move me.
Really beautiful!
I want a third season!
My vote is 8/10!
May 12, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
I'm glad that Potte's mom got to play a significant role in this last episode. I know the series is more focused on her relationship with her father, but it was still nice to see.

It's been over a year since I watched Tamayura's first season so it took some time getting back into it. This season seemed to be about Potte becoming "more aggressive," standing on her own two feet as her mother said. From what I remember of it it also seemed far more melancholic than the first season, as Kanae and Potte continue to grow and think of their inevitable changing courses in life. It was a very emotional season, at times difficult to watch due to it, but a good season nonetheless. I'm glad I watched it. 7/10
Aug 4, 2015 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
One of the best CGDCT anime all time.
Great last episode.
Ok time to see first 2 parts of movie.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 9, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2015
So it's Fuu's Dad's birthday, also great to see mother & daughter had a bonding for a while in the place where her family's proposal was made, so now that Kanae's graduating, what a bittersweet moment it is though.

So overall the art and animation had a slight improvement than the previous ones, the music is great as usual,glad to see Kanae and Potte's growth throughout the series were nice from a timid type of girl to a more aggressive ones all thanks to the Photography Club and Potte's Friends, my only gripe on this series is that I hope they developed a bit more on some characters like let's say Norie or Kao-tan since they barely get any development in this franchise so far.

Other than that a good emotional SOL show 7/10
Aug 28, 2016 9:03 AM

Apr 2009
I will miss Tamayura as my show every night after work.

Please stop comparing this to Aria because they have a very different setting. This show has something on it's own.

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2017 10:35 PM

May 2014
Oh man once again a finale to surpass all expectations. That mother-daughter trip they shared was fantastic.

This season was great. The additions of the new senpai, Kanae, and Tomo-chan were great. All the girls were rounded out even more, given so much more depth that so many other anime don't care to bother.

I still need to see Dougou pull off his proposal to Hoboro-san. It simply must happen.

This anime really hits home for me, 10/10 once again. Sad to be nearing the end.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamayura: More Aggressive Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2013

25 by s1k1b »»
Feb 6, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Tamayura: More Aggressive Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2013

20 by s1k1b »»
Feb 5, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Tamayura: More Aggressive Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2013

24 by mySaudate »»
Nov 10, 2022 11:51 AM

» Is this series good?

AoiroBlueColor - May 13, 2021

3 by kyou_on »»
May 13, 2021 10:21 PM

Poll: » Tamayura: More Aggressive Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 14, 2013

26 by ItIsZach »»
May 20, 2020 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.