Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2013 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Shikamaru is dying but good to see that they are still pump up even though despair is everywhere and the 5 kages are back too lol
Sep 17, 2013 2:11 AM
Jan 2013
Annnnnnddd we learned nothing except that its on a 15 min timer, meh ch. Also when i saw the kages flying on the sand, it reminded me of the cloud thing from DBZ.
Sep 17, 2013 2:11 AM
Mar 2012
What a retarded chapter, the only thing I liked was ino being useful, everything was horrible, flashbacks, useless fodder talking, wasting panels to have obito say the exact same things he says a few pages back and the best thing: "Don't give up", kishimoto stop reading fairy tail.
Sep 17, 2013 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
Hoping Kishi didn't pull Namek here.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 17, 2013 2:45 AM

Apr 2011
sigh~
Sep 17, 2013 2:52 AM

Nov 2012
Kishimoto don't you kill shikamaru just like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWWWW COME OOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

[he's still not dead I gues, but is about to! :( ]
Sep 17, 2013 2:52 AM
Oct 2011
People are dying, despair, serious moments..etc
"I want to hug sasuke and lick him"
kishimoto stop reading fairy tail.
Shingeki too.
Sep 17, 2013 2:53 AM

Dec 2012
This was a good chapter in my opinion. You can't die Shikamaru.. Yay! the five kage is joining, would be good to see them do shit. The "speech" so to say was pretty good and Naruto's heart reached all of the shinobi, lol. Honestly thought he would get a powerup from that speech, haha. Everythings closing down to 15 minutes. Intense.
Sep 17, 2013 3:06 AM

Nov 2011
great chapter and after despair seeing naruto still not giving up is great (and to all haters wtf are u doing still reading naruto at 647 chapters if u hate it give the fyck up and read something u like)
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Sep 17, 2013 3:33 AM
Mar 2010
becool said:
great chapter and after despair seeing naruto still not giving up is great (and to all haters wtf are u doing still reading naruto at 647 chapters if u hate it give the fyck up and read something u like)

Don't bother with them. They'll complain about anything and everything. Its very sad actually.

A very emotional chapter. Loved the montage that showed everyone that has died and the despair that naruto had to go through. Looking forward to the next chapter and what will naruto's actions be.
Sep 17, 2013 3:55 AM

Aug 2012
I really loved how everyone could see into Naruto's heart... I guess he motivated them all. :D
He succeeded at what Hashirama failed at. :)

Please don't kill Shikamaru. :(

So the 5 Kages enter the arena nxt week.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Sep 17, 2013 4:04 AM

Mar 2012
Wait no. Shikamaru cant die, wait I aint ready for that! NOO! =(

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 17, 2013 4:05 AM
Jul 2013
So much unnecessary stuff....pacing has really been such a problem since 630..and it's the same emotions over again and again Naruto getting bogged down yet again like when Neji died and once again had to be egged on by someone else. So little progress, so many flashbacks and so much unnecessary talking. This manga is really going downhill by a lot for me for the past 17 chapters. The ending is being really prolonged...it should be a short, intense fight lasting max a score of chapters, not 50 damn chapters and such a long, drawn out battle. Not good stuff.
Sep 17, 2013 4:34 AM

Dec 2011
All those feels....
Sep 17, 2013 4:38 AM

Jan 2010
Ever since Shikamaru started smoking I've began to hate him. So him dying wouldn't be that bad.
Sep 17, 2013 4:38 AM
Feb 2012
Can't say I enjoyed it too much
Sep 17, 2013 4:48 AM

Sep 2011
That was a meh chapter. Not a whole lot happened, while I'm glad we saw the Kage's + Orochimaru again nothing else really happened other than learning the ETA till the Genjutsu hits.

Oh and Shikamaru is not dead/dying he will definitely survive, Kishimoto doesn't have the balls to kill him off. He's to big a character and still serves a purpose, its not going to happen.
Sep 17, 2013 5:13 AM

Oct 2010
So sick of the flashback pages. We know already since the damn title is called regrets. Didnt enjoy this chapter.
Sep 17, 2013 5:29 AM

Mar 2013
Best and also one of my favorite character is dead, thank you Kishi! :R
It was enough, I'm OUT!
Sep 17, 2013 6:16 AM
Apr 2012
Kishi don't you dare kill off Shikamaru off so quietly...
Just give me a hammer, a tractor tire and a frozen bag of peas and watch me destroy the world...
Sep 17, 2013 6:17 AM

Sep 2013
I kinda enjoyed the chapter... Loved how everyone is back now the final fight begins!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2013 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
Well i guess that may be the end of the road for the brains in naruto see ya shikamaru. i still dont like orochimaru
No one knows what the future holds. That’s why its potential is infinite.

- Okabe Rintarou
Sep 17, 2013 6:53 AM

Dec 2009
This was a pretty emotional chapter. A lot more than I thought, maybe because I was listening to 'Time' by Han Zimmer. It fit perfectly.
Sep 17, 2013 7:28 AM

May 2013
This was a good chapter. Poor Shikamaru.
Sep 17, 2013 7:31 AM

May 2010
Sakuraaaa. >.<

Shikamaru... ;.;

Naruto..!
Just end things already! :o
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 17, 2013 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
Sep 17, 2013 7:50 AM

Jan 2008
excalibur977436 said:
becool said:

Don't bother with them. They'll complain about anything and everything. Its very sad actually.

A very emotional chapter. Loved the montage that showed everyone that has died and the despair that naruto had to go through. Looking forward to the next chapter and what will naruto's actions be.

I don't get them either. Pretty good buildup and definitely necessary. Final battle is not just a physical brawl on the outside world. We should also know what happens inside the main character.
Sep 17, 2013 8:03 AM

May 2013
Was an alright chapter. Nothing too big except seeing Shikamaru somewhat dying.
Sep 17, 2013 8:58 AM

Jun 2013
Good chapter, i loved how everyone was able to see in naruto's heart. Other than seeing that this chapter was quite uneventful.
Sep 17, 2013 9:07 AM

Jun 2012
Good chapter imo. The look on Sakura's face was priceless when everyone was looking into Naruto's heart. As if she finally understood what Naruto had felt all this time.

Tsunade and Hashirama's reunion was funny and as much as I don't want Shikamaru to die, things don't look good for him.

Ultimately I want to see what Madara has in store for this whole situation.
Sep 17, 2013 9:45 AM

Sep 2012
if madara's plan successes then it wold end the series & there wold be no more material to continue it, but if it successes it wold not be bad, cause it takes away all chakra, so all become normal humans, its not bad if u look at it that way

But despite what i say'd i hope Naruto Wont end with Shippuuden, even if Naruto becomes hokage, that it goes to next generations, like after Shippuuden it continues & when next part end then comes next generation to, their were their children become heroes :)

seeing this chap, i think Naruto is close to awakening rinengan :)
Sep 17, 2013 9:52 AM

Jun 2010
noo shikamaru TT kishi cant kill him off so quickly.
Sep 17, 2013 10:21 AM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
Oh my...Shikamaru....
My thoughts exactly. And since Kishimoto already showed he has no issues with killing someone of that caliber (Neji)...
"The more you hope for, the more disappointed you get afterwards." - Miguel Lopes

[Profile] [Anime List] [Manga List] [Ecchi/Harem Club] [+20 Club]
Sep 17, 2013 11:43 AM

Aug 2012
best chapter since the one where the hokages were revived imo...i don't understand a lot of the complaints. first people bitch about no one dying in the war and then when someone dies they bitch about that. i understand this arc hasn't been good but at this point people seem to be searching for things to complain about
Sep 17, 2013 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
Mikirito said:
Stark700 said:
Oh my...Shikamaru....
My thoughts exactly. And since Kishimoto already showed he has no issues with killing someone of that caliber (Neji)...

Not really, in fact ! Kishimoto could afford to kill Neji because he had an other Byakugan user at hand (Hinata, even though she's far from Neji's level). That's why he could kill Neji. Shikamaru is somewhat irremplacable in the fact that he is now the brain of the alliance, since he was already the "substitute" of the former brain of the alliance (Shikaku). So I don't think he'll kill him that way (he'd get a more heroic death, like Neji's, if REALLY he intended to kill him, especially since Shikamaru is a pretty popular character).

tankoubon-feind said:
best chapter since the one where the hokages were revived imo...i don't understand a lot of the complaints. first people bitch about no one dying in the war and then when someone dies they bitch about that. i understand this arc hasn't been good but at this point people seem to be searching for things to complain about

In fact, people want some characters dead, but not ANY character. Only the ones they're not fond of. That's quite hypocritical, I know.

Now, my own thoughts about this chapter... well, I really liked it, it was filled with emotions, a lot of stuff happened :
- Shikamaru getting almost killed (but I believe Sakura will be able to save him using the same technique Chiyo used on her and Gaara);
- Madara explaining stuff then ralayed by Shodai to everybody
- The Kage who are on their way to the battle (even though I doubt they'll change something, since they've already been wiped by Madara)
- Orochimaru's arrival on the battlefield
- Sasuke who's finally trying to do something (even though he knows he doesn't have the level to face Obito right now, so maybe to "cheer Naruto up", in his own *lovely* way)
- Naruto's feeling conveyed to everydody
Yeah, that's quite a good chapter, everybody got a panel or two (even... Karin... am I the only one who had in mind the picture of her licking every part of Sasuke's body T_T ?).
If this is what Kishimoto is able to do with 20 pages, then he should do it more often, instead of the ten-page shit he usually serves us.
LadyDianaSep 17, 2013 12:03 PM
Sep 17, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2009
This chapter really hit me hard. It was so emotional seeing Naruto's regrets and knowing all the Shinobi in the Alliance saw everything he went through. It's coming down to the final 15 minutes, and people are definitely going to die. End this like the masterpiece it is Kishimoto sensei.
Sep 17, 2013 12:49 PM

Dec 2007
Man, wtf. Kishi finds new ways to screw it up even more. Kages are coming, they were so helpful the last time... And gee, Shikamaru is dying all of sudden? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
WTH, seriously. The coolest guy = the lamest death? If KISHI planned to kill him off(yea, right) then there was no better possibilities in the fuckin WAR? Oh, that's right NOW you realised that WAR with NO FUCKING CASUALITIES have no impact? My god this is shit.
Yeah, thanks for the "134th Morale Up speech chapter", we nedeed it.

PutySep 17, 2013 12:52 PM

Sep 17, 2013 1:24 PM

Jul 2010
VanishingKira said:
Shikamaru is dying.He's probably not going to die though.

"Never give up" crap again.

Meh chapter.

Thats pretty much what i was thinking.
Sep 17, 2013 1:27 PM
May 2011
Seeing all those flashbacks q_q.

dem Feelz br0. ;-;
ban1o.jpg
Sep 17, 2013 1:58 PM

Feb 2012
Lol @ Naruto crying through the whole chapter, but when Sasuke stepped up, he got real.
Sep 17, 2013 2:21 PM

Aug 2012
Ughhh, I am really loving this arch but seriously, can they just kill Obito already.
Sep 17, 2013 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
For once I like the flashback from Naruto series. It's a bit emotional that everybody can feel it. Tsunade's body is attached again!
Sep 17, 2013 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
Really nice chapter. Looks like everyone is going to come together and try and defeat Obito. Naruto is not gonna give up.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 17, 2013 2:53 PM

Jul 2013
Man, you could see the despair of the alliance. I doubt Shikamaru will die, when someone doesn't get a death with flashbacks you can assume that they will survive or be revived somehow or another. I predict when they destroy the God Tree all the Alliance will get their chakra back or something... which sucks really.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2013 5:15 PM

Aug 2013
How can I say this? This chapter was bad in my opinion. So Shikamaru is diying and Sakura can do nothing? Did she forget that green palm techniche? The one that CURES? C'mon she has the Kyuubi chackra why not use it to cure him?
And no, I doubt Shikamaru will die in a stupid way like this. He is just the smartest ninja in the series, he even got his own arc, even Neji died in a more honorable way. I thin Kishimoto just took him out to make Naruto and the other kages look more smart.
Then we have some emotional crap and a "never give up" moment (which i hate as its not even as touching as it used to be), and what we see? Oh its Naruto! And he can use the Kyuubi mode. The same Naruto that almost died last chapter because of chakra loss to the tree. He shouldn't even be able to stand.
I just hope this finish before christmas, I can't see any point to drag this on more than its already been done. Can't wait to see how Naruto is planing to take that ttree down without touching it.
Sep 17, 2013 5:48 PM
Sep 2013
I'd really love to see Naruto lose it for a minute. Like, going full throtle at Sasuke when he's about to leave. Like really snap and lose his head for a bitI would love to see all the edos vanished already too. Not mentioning that I think Kishimoto shouldn't be afraid of killing characters just to spice things up a little. Isn't it a war? Nobody dies and the deads are all alive, god dammit.

Anyways..
Ps: Am I the only one who thinks that what's bothering Sasuke is that he realized that Naruto is in a level beyond what he imagined and now isn't sure if he could defeat him?
Sep 17, 2013 6:11 PM

Mar 2009
I despise Karin.
Sep 17, 2013 6:44 PM

Jul 2007
ugh this is getting ridiculous.

i just want that bitch of an obito to die lol, so kishimoto can focus on the more personal aspect of his story and the change and development of his characters.

Obito, or tobi was an interesting villain, how he was so manipulative and was the sole course of the many of the conflicts and catastrophes throughout naruto's life.. but when he decided to take this duex ex machina route thats when the story kind of went to hell, nothing else matters obviously accept destroying that crazy mind fuck of a villain
and his idea of world domination casting the world into a gengutsu, the moment i heard that, i had doubts bout where kishi was going with this
I just didn't think he would drag it this far and to this degree.

So much so that when orichimaru appears, the hokage seem like its not even a big deal, that just got me their. I mean here is the dude that killed you for god sakes, destroyed konoho and all he can say is "its bout time you arrived"

judging by all those flash backs, im betting something is going to happen very very soon and obito is finally going to bite the fcking dust, you know ksihimoto had something going here with all of these conflicts and connections with all these characters, but when he threw obito into the mix, he literally thew a wrench into his whole story.

As for shikamaru, he is not going to die, im calling it as i see it.

One of the major prominent theme in the story of naruto has and always will be for the younger generation shinobi to exceed their forefathers, or ancestors or fathers, etc. Thats why he has not ever killed of any of the mains though when neji died, that was very surprising lol But i think that is just because he wanted at least one death in their. To kill him off would be utter idiotic, i am calling bull shit on that and its merely just a way of kishi trolling you. Thats the image he wants to represent obviously with alot of these younger gen shinobi. So i really don't think he is going to die.

In any case i really really hope this whole thing with obito and this damn tree comes to an end, so the story can move forward and you will find out what orichimaru is going to do, or how madara will deal with hashirama, or what sasuke's plan is? All of these things being put on hold because of that god damn obito emo bitch wanting to control the world cause he couldn't get any pussy.
ArtimesGamerSep 17, 2013 6:48 PM

Sep 17, 2013 6:46 PM
Apr 2010
If Obito/Madara's infinite Tsukiyomi plan succeeds, we're going to be seeing something a LOOOOT like the matrix. What if Naruto turned all psychological and philosophical?

Did nobody like how Sasuke's Susanoo grew legs? I want to see how his final susanoo form looks like. The one that Madara recently got fighting the Kages.
Sep 17, 2013 9:37 PM

Jun 2013
RaraChii said:
Ever since Shikamaru started smoking I've began to hate him. So him dying wouldn't be that bad.
When did Shikamaru start smoking?

Anyway, not a very good chapter. Annoying flashbacks and cliche speeches and Shikamaru "dying", although I don't think he's really dead was boring. Only good thing about this chapter was Orochimaru.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.