Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2009 4:37 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so it ends.

The thing about Prince of Tennis that bugs me is that at the end, it pretty much became a match of super powers. This series was really great in the beginning, when it actually focused on more of the tennis aspects of things and people actually relied upon actual skill that whatever power they had. Granted, you need your skill to have power, but it became a bit boring after awhile.

Anyway, save for the Echizen vs. Seniichi match, all of the Finals matches were done rather poorly and badly adapted from the manga. Though that's to be expected with only a 6 episode series.

Oh well. 6/10 anyway.
Feb 5, 2009 8:50 PM

Apr 2008
Sparkles everywhere, auras and balls splitting in half. Horrible ending for a wonderful anime.
Feb 6, 2009 10:05 AM

Aug 2007
I loved the series as a whole but towards the end it went way overboard. Started to think I was watching DB or something not a sports anime.

Feb 7, 2009 1:11 AM

Jun 2007
i didn't like any of the finals ova at all. they ruined the best part of PoT story :/
May 12, 2009 11:38 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah, I agree with what said above. It got too much SSJ3 and too little tennis. And I laughed my ass of at the English in the epilogue. Doesn't seem like even seiyuus are able to get rid of their accent, huh.
Jan 30, 2011 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
It's good as it is...I guess.
Now i really want to see the new team in kaidoh & momo era.
"If people want to achieve time travel,they should just put Haruhi on a spaceship.She'd probably just ignore the theory of relativity." - Kyon
Mar 2, 2011 6:27 PM

Mar 2009
Re-watched it just now - have to say I agree with the whole "super powers in tennis" complaint.
I really liked how Echizen used all of the opponent's moves from the past (even though it was kinda stealing). I was also on the verge of tears when he remembered the past matches and opponents as well. Actually made me semi-like his character for a moment there - even though I like Rikkaidai's team better.

This anime had its ups and downs, but overall, it's still my favorite. Can't wait for the New Prince of Tennis one to be made (hopefully!)
Jun 6, 2011 2:41 AM

Sep 2008
My fucking god.
When did Prince of Tennis get so good?

I find the special effects funny as always, but it was entertaining to the max. I do not regret going through all the episodes of the anime... and Kunimitsu losing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2012 8:17 AM

Nov 2007
It did get to the point of have too many special effects but it was great anyway. It was the culmination of all their hard work and the arduous journey they completed. Congrats to Seigaku for winning the national tournament and ending Rikkaidai's streak!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 5, 2012 9:11 PM

Jun 2009
That was the best ending i have seen in awhile man o man.
Jan 19, 2012 5:01 AM
Apr 2011
Just finished watching and gotta say the finals wasn't that good compared to how the anime first started. There were too much reliance on those super shots with sparkles.. and auras. I didn't really like it how Echizen was completely losing in terms of skill power and endurance to Yukimura until he opened that last gate and got that special power thing. I mean, cause you have to be in that state of mind that tennis is fun, it's not something you can use all the time. So without it Echizen would've lost, meaning he actually isn't stronger than Yukimura.
The game between Sanada and Echizen was more realistic (except towards the end with all the colours and stuff) and was better than this match. Pretty disappointed.
Feb 15, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2007
The order in the discussion topics is fucked up...it seems like most of people have not seen the first yakiniku ep...Last episode is number 7.

Anyway,as we discuss last episode here...i gained new phobia thanks to Yukimura because i imagined how it would feel to lose all senses. Thanks Tenipuri,that's exactly what i needed *sarcastic*.
Hmm,i wonder who is regulars in Seigaku now...except of Momo and Kaidoh and Ryoma (who is in the US anyway). I hope Arai finally made it:D
Aug 8, 2014 6:22 PM

Jul 2012
I'd post in episode 7 discussion but meh, I'm lazy and most people will post it here.

This show is beyond stupid at this point but still has some good points. The only matches I really enjoyed was Inui's and even Fuji's. The whole "I AM JESUS. I HAVE OVERCAME YUKIMURA'S SENSE KILLER THING. I WILL WIN" is bullshit and killed the last episode.

HawthorneKitty said:
My fucking god.
When did Prince of Tennis get so bad?

FTFY
Jul 13, 2015 1:49 AM
May 2013
I'm trying to be positive. Actually the best thing about these ova series was that the pacing was so rushed. Otherwise the torturing would've lasted longer. And it's also good to have some 1/10 and 2/10 ratings.

Anyway the original pot serie was somehow relaxing to watch.
Aug 19, 2016 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
Lol Yukimura "There is only one ball" "The ball does not disappear" "There is no dead space"... He's basically just ignorin the techniques. I guess that's why he's the child of god
Feb 16, 2020 11:27 AM

Apr 2011
Phew. It's already done. I love POT (since 2007), but this National Tournament is quite painful to watch. I dislike this entire aura thingy :(

I'm going to pick up the sequel so I decided to start with this. I'm glad and grateful to see more POT after all these years, but I would have preferred if everything just ended in the old series.
mshitsugaya10Feb 22, 2020 6:33 AM

Jul 12, 2023 10:05 PM
Jul 2023
It not about tennis anymore but I still watch it just for ryoma,atobe,Fuji,eiji and tezuka

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Finals Episode 3 Discussion

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 6, 2008

14 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Finals Episode 7 Discussion

greenmush - Feb 15, 2012

5 by Ryomachibisuke »»
Jul 12, 2023 10:07 PM

» Your thoughts

NekoZamurai - Dec 14, 2021

1 by Jsar0 »»
Jan 20, 2022 1:53 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Finals Episode 2 Discussion

Metro - Sep 28, 2008

20 by PrOxAnto »»
Jun 26, 2021 1:03 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament Finals Episode 1 Discussion

Metro - Sep 28, 2008

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Jun 26, 2021 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.