Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2009 1:50 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

So...Index can bite until u bleed like mad :3
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Feb 6, 2009 1:38 AM

Mar 2007
watch out for those rumored Kamijo Forces. ~
they're planning to take over the world ~
AkariChan said:

lol that was hilarious.
Over all interesting episode , Misaki episode is win in my book.

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Feb 6, 2009 7:33 AM
Apr 2008
kurotsuki said:

AkariChan said:

lol that was hilarious.
Over all interesting episode , Misaki episode is win in my book.

I did not know what was happening there.

Anyway just an OK episode for me.
Feb 6, 2009 8:16 AM

Aug 2008
AkariChan said:
rofl

the fan service was pretty good but made me feel like a pedo
Feb 6, 2009 8:19 AM

Jun 2008
I would call this episode fanservice-ish episode. First with the Index part, and then Misaka showing off the adorable side of her we've never seen.

I can't wait for the next episode though. Next to Misaka and Index. Accelerator is up there in my favorites in this show. He's such a psychotic badass.
Feb 6, 2009 11:07 AM

Jul 2008
nothing too speical, have to say even a little boring, if i wouldnt like misaka :3

Feb 6, 2009 11:27 AM

Jul 2008
pretty funny episode, first index bites the crap out touma, then a shape shifter comes out b/c touma has some secret orginization, so secret in fact he hasn't even heard of it, and then misaka keeps turning red around him
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 6, 2009 11:42 AM

Jan 2008
I rather enjoyed this episode. Cool relationships between Toma and Index, and Toma and Misaka. Didn't mind the fight either. I guess Toma's being targeted because he's got friends? That's misfortune to a "T".
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 6, 2009 3:47 PM

Aug 2008
What a terribly unpolished, horribly paced, trainwreck of and episode. They were trying to stuff in way too much in this episode, and none of it really worked for me.
Feb 6, 2009 3:52 PM

Feb 2008
hmm i am thinking they are going to make an S2. there is just way too much going on everywhere doesn't seem like it will all be resolved in this season.
Feb 6, 2009 6:39 PM
Aug 2008
Considering all the crazy shit Touma has put a stop to, I'm not surprised some outside group watched him and came to their own conclusion about his intentions.

The MisakaxTouma moments were really nice. I've really started to come around and like Misaka.

Accelerator is a douche and I'm disappointed they brought him back.
Feb 6, 2009 7:12 PM

Jul 2008
lol @ the Kamijou Fources. It was kinda funny that he is so unforunate(?) that he had 103000 Indexes AND a Level 5 with him... haha.

And at the end when he was asked to protect Misaka, his voice is muted, but I bet it's something like "Of course, I will."
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Feb 6, 2009 7:19 PM

Jan 2009
Since Misaka is my favorite character, this episode was made of win. Index biting Toma's head till he bled was awesome as well.
Feb 6, 2009 10:57 PM
Mar 2008
Cute waking Index and cute Mikoto, awesome episode.
Feb 7, 2009 2:25 AM

Dec 2008
loved it! it seems that i share the same kinda feelings as others in this thread.. index biting touma is cute.. AND MORE MISAKA PLEASE! <3 misaka
Feb 7, 2009 2:50 AM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
What a terribly unpolished, horribly paced, trainwreck of and episode. They were trying to stuff in way too much in this episode, and none of it really worked for me.

Man I got so upset at the end of this episode. Damn it....

I can not agree to "noteDhero" completely. I really liked the slow pacing, light humor and melancholic mood throughout this episode a lot. One of the best episodes so far in this case. And most of all: The new hostile character which had to struggle between liking Misaka and having to fight against her was something special. He really deserved way more than just one episode imo. ;(

The ending was a complete mess. The new villian asks Touma to protect Misaka as a last wish. Toumas answer is muted (why?).
And what is Misakas reaction? She blushes and tries to negate whatever Touma has said, totally forgetting about the fact that there is a person dying which liked her a lot. What a cold hearted b...witch!

Episode is ruined by the last 3 minutes for me. :[

Feb 7, 2009 3:52 AM
Dec 2008
Accelerator is up there in my favorites in this show. He's such a psychotic badass.

QFT hehehe

MORE MISAKA PLEASE! <3 misaka

based on the preview, looks like there's gonna be more on the next episode but this time in loli form XD

And what is Misakas reaction? She blushes and tries to negate whatever Touma has said, totally forgetting about the fact that there is a person dying which liked her a lot. What a cold hearted b...witch!

Now why would she help the guy who kidnapped the principal's son and tried to kill his *fake* boyfriend.... @_@
gnodabFeb 7, 2009 4:40 AM
Feb 7, 2009 8:01 AM
Apr 2008
kisami said:
hmm i am thinking they are going to make an S2. there is just way too much going on everywhere doesn't seem like it will all be resolved in this season.

Couldn't agree more. In the matter of fact the plot of the light novels version still have a long way to go. I think it'll take about 3-4 series for the story to complete.

Not to mention we are already in Volume 5 of the novels. This will probably mean 6-7 novels per season.

Anyways, even though I feel quite "neutral" towards this episode, I think this is already a first warning to something that is probably about 100X bigger than what the situation is now.

wertyu07 said:
MORE MISAKA PLEASE! <3 misaka

based on the preview, looks like there's gonna be more on the next episode but this time in loli form XD

I can only say that they are getting back into the MISAKA project once again. At least I'm seeing a more serious tone on the next chapter.

wertyu07 said:

Now why would she help the guy who kidnapped the principal's son and tried to kill his *fake* boyfriend.... @_@

Couldn't agree more. I don't think she knew what was even happening until she saw the real guy.
Feb 7, 2009 2:55 PM

Jan 2009
darkxdestiny said:
I think it'll take about 3-4 series for the story to complete.

Concerning DVD vol 1, sales seem to be over 7000, this is rather good figure!
and there also is BD vol1 (I couldn't find correct sales's figure)
So we can expect season 2
Hana-keiFeb 7, 2009 3:09 PM
Feb 7, 2009 4:17 PM

Jan 2009
I enjoy the show, but I hope the other seasons (if made) actually have some character development.
Feb 7, 2009 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
It felt a little rushed, but cute episode all the same. And Accelerator's back next week!
Feb 8, 2009 3:26 AM
Mar 2008
Pretty nice episode imho. I'd try to rate it but i really didn't have any problems with it at all. Misaka is a win character, and this episode proved it even more. I say yes to Misaka. I'm soooooo glad they killed off this guy. Why? Because i was afraid it was going to turn into a few episodes of paranoia over who really is who.

The fight scene was decent, I hope Index works as a "dial a strategy guide" for awhile I really don't want to see this turning into inuyasha where every single fight the main is always protecting someone.

Also I really love how high quality the art is in this anime, I really haven't had any complaints with it as I do with some animes where there is beyond terribad episodes(bleach, welcome to the nhk, etc etc)
Feb 8, 2009 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome ep beginning with Index ^_^ And Misaki in this episode = win.
Feb 8, 2009 9:39 AM

Feb 2008
darkxdestiny said:

wertyu07 said:

Couldn't agree more. I don't think she knew what was even happening until she saw the real guy.

You have a point there of course. He was an enemy and needed to be either retuned or destroyed. But I just couldnt accept Misakas reaction at that point. After killing a guy and listening to his last wish, her reaction should have been more demure and mature in my opinion. :P
Feb 8, 2009 5:33 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol, the Index intro was hilarious.

Really enjoyed this episode, Misaka is not less great of a character. Funny episode. =D

Many nice cars in this episode too, btw. xD

[edit]: Lack of screenshots has left me in despair.

<3
cyruzFeb 8, 2009 5:37 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 8, 2009 5:33 PM

Apr 2008
As far as transitional episodes go, this wasn't that bad at all. Pretty self-contained and entertaining. Definitely better than the previous episode.
Feb 8, 2009 5:35 PM

Feb 2008
Good episode. Laughed a lot.
Misaka becomes Tsundere~ :3
cyruz said:
Many nice cars in this episode too, btw. xD

lol... Why did I know you'll post that?
De-JaYFeb 8, 2009 5:47 PM
Feb 8, 2009 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
dreamingsamurai said:
As far as transitional episodes go, this wasn't that bad at all. Pretty self-contained and entertaining. Definitely better than the previous episode.

Basically. And anything with Misaka is awesome, so it's win-win.

Oh, and on a sidenote has anyone begun doing TL work on the Light Novels? Kinda hoping they'll show up eventually :s That, or I'll just echo the request for season two, especially now that I realize just how many of these novels there are, and still going strong apparently.
BakayaroFeb 8, 2009 6:12 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Feb 8, 2009 6:30 PM

Jan 2007
this episode just once again proves why Misaka > Index
Feb 8, 2009 6:46 PM
Apr 2008
FTGT said:
darkxdestiny said:

wertyu07 said:

You have a point there of course. He was an enemy and needed to be either retuned or destroyed. But I just couldnt accept Misakas reaction at that point. After killing a guy and listening to his last wish, her reaction should have been more demure and mature in my opinion. :P

My opinion was that she didn't really want to kill the impostor then. Firstly, he was the one who caused the structure to collapse. Secondly, if that metal bar was to hit him then he should be killed. We didn't get to see what happened when the structure collapsed but I have the feeling Misaka somehow "blasted" the bar away before the collapse.

& LOL didn't Index get any clothes other than that "Walking Church" of hers? That shirt certainly looked like one of Touma's school shirts.
Feb 8, 2009 7:29 PM

Dec 2008
Before this episode Misaka>>>>Index
After this episode Misaka>>>>>>>>Index
Feb 8, 2009 9:03 PM
Mar 2008
MORE
MISAKA
FTW

I want to know what he said at the end ><
Feb 8, 2009 9:13 PM
Mar 2008
Translucent said:
MORE
MISAKA
FTW

I want to know what he said at the end ><

"Misaka is the one I love, of course I'll protect her"

/dream
Feb 8, 2009 9:26 PM

Sep 2007
This episode = d'awwwwwwwwwwwww

I'd be on board for a second season of this show. The pacing's been pretty good so far; each episode seems like it has just enough in it, and most of it's light enough that even if they did throw in some "filler" I wouldn't mind.
Feb 8, 2009 9:34 PM

Sep 2007
Much better than last episode. Biribiri is cute.

Weird that they killed off the imitator guy with the knife already. He didn't have near enough development for anyone to care. Ah well, seems like this arc is going to be pretty fun.
Feb 8, 2009 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
love this so much. misaka was just great and the whole nosebleed part at the beginning was just pure win. i wonder if she gnawed into his skull lol.
Feb 8, 2009 10:45 PM

Aug 2007
Mikoto-chaaaaaaan! xD
This episode is pure win, simple as that. Touma definitely raised another flag without knowing it...poor guy? xD

The new OP is growing on me, but I still prefer PSI-Missing. Next episode brings forth loli-Mikoto...as if Mikoto couldn't be more awesome...
Feb 8, 2009 11:36 PM

Jul 2007
good to see there are a lot of mikoto fans here too. good episode, with sleeping index + maid-loli + deredere mikoto + preview of loli mikoto <3 i do miss the sisters with their shimapan though XD

PimpToad said:

The new OP is growing on me, but I still prefer PSI-Missing. Next episode brings forth loli-Mikoto...as if Mikoto couldn't be more awesome...

QFT
Feb 9, 2009 12:10 AM

Sep 2007
The pacing of these arcs is just not very good at all. And the cool badass Misaka from the early episodes is replaced by some tsundere Misaka. How unfortunate.
Feb 9, 2009 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
lol, kind of useless episode but still amusing, got my dosage of Misaka :3, but wonder when a more interesting fight will take place.
Feb 9, 2009 1:20 AM

Mar 2008
Feb 9, 2009 5:22 AM

Feb 2008
Would be nice if they didn't mute what he said.
Feb 9, 2009 6:30 AM

Jan 2009
What a nice episode. :D Had a nice amount of humor in it for a change.
Misaka was too damn... cute :3

*nod nod* .. Almost every single episode has been great :0 But this one was great for it's humor and so on. Touma pwned the Obsidian-user pretty well : D
Feb 9, 2009 7:20 AM

Oct 2008
What did he say back there?? and what about that shapeshifter guy?? we didn't even see his face,did he die??
Pretty good episode, the best so far.

Feb 9, 2009 7:33 AM

Dec 2007
rabids0ap said:
AND MORE MISAKA PLEASE! <3 misaka

This.

Episodes with her are never boring :3
Feb 9, 2009 7:43 AM

Feb 2009
Kamijyo faction... Sure... Conspiracy theory ftw. :p

Anyways, I found this episode entertaining, with some action, pretty funny gags and, again, fanservice. Much better than last one, imo. Oh and Misaka headbutt > Index bite, haha. :D

So who do you think the girl in the preview, next to Accelerator, is ? Looks like a younger version of Mikoto, maybe she's one of her clones ?
Feb 9, 2009 8:43 AM

Jan 2009
Angelofspawn said:
we didn't even see his face,did he die??

in order to avoid spoiler,i don't say in detail

corroded said:
please put those kinds of things in spoiler tags next time :) thank you :)

oh,I'm sorry. I had to use the tag
Hana-keiFeb 9, 2009 11:56 AM
Feb 9, 2009 8:55 AM

Jul 2007
Hana-kei said:
Angelofspawn said:
we didn't even see his face,did he die??

he still alive..
in order to avoid spoiler, he will re-appear so later
maybe... in light novel's vol 18 (ss2)

and in the origin, he even wasn't on the edge of death
though iron-frameworks fell on them two

[sarcasm]apparently you avoided spoiling us greatly. thank you[/sarcasm]

on a more lighter note, please put those kinds of things in spoiler tags next time :) thank you :)
Feb 9, 2009 9:48 AM

Mar 2008
Kamijyo faction... Great name ^^

Misaka going on a fake (?) date with Touma was really enjoyable. And Accelerator is back on next episode, wouldn't be a surprise if he become an ally too.
Feb 9, 2009 11:48 AM

Aug 2007
Why was Touma calling Index using his right arm, when that's his weapon? That was just plain stupid. Okay for an filler episode, could have been better. At least there was a fight.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

id - Jan 15, 2009

191 by karrotStick »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.