Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 17, 2013 3:52 AM
Mar 2009
Omg Benten-sama saves the day! Umbrella indeed.

OMG THAT PREVIEW!!! Cant wait for next week ugh.
Sep 17, 2013 6:06 AM

Nov 2009
Benten and Kaisei to the rescue, huh. And we might see Yajiro next ep, since there's the fake train in the preview.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2013 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
Marow said:
They can't transform because they don't have "inner calm"? Sorry, but that just felt like an asspull. I can't accept it.
YES. same here.
don't get me wrong, i actually do enjoy this show, but everytime i see a tanuki in a cage i can't take it seriously because i'm nearly screaming "TRANSFORM! TRANSFORM INTO A FLY OR A MOUSE OR SOMETHING!" i mean yasaburou was a goddamn umbrella, their father could turn into a freaking train and ginkaru turned into a fucking house. if it's really about calmness then at least their father should've been able to transform. it seemed like he was really calm and accepted everything before he died. i would be more satisfied if they would poison the tanukis or inject something that makes it impossible to transform /sigh
i read most of the posts here, so i've also read that this "inner calm" detail seems to be a real and typical thing about tanukis in folklore, but that doesn't mean it can't bother me :/

well, i'm still excited to see the little bro and the frog bro in action (i haven't seen the preview, but people here were saying he comes to the rescue?). i'm also wondering how this will all end with benten.
Sep 18, 2013 1:01 AM

Apr 2008
soulelle said:
rodac said:
I don't think she is either a tengu or a human...
hmmm... as if implying she's actually Souichiro in disguise? Haha, I could well imagine how all of that could make perfect sense, but that's probably too much of a speculation.

I wish the next two episodes were already available... this show is so good, I just can't get enough!

if that was the case then the kiss in the first episode would be very disturbing hahah

frog bro's fake electric railway transformation and a chance to redeem himself?! YES! kick some ass wise second son!
Sep 18, 2013 10:15 PM

May 2013
I think Benten is a witch, no longer human since the powers she now has transcend humanity. Something akin to a vampire, how once was human but can no longer become human again. Witches of lore ate children, so a tanuki or two is nothing in comparison. Maybe Akadama-sensei saw the potential in her and that is why he abducted her.
Sep 19, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2012
I'm still hoping for some twist on the Friday Fellows and Benten, because they seem to lack any motivation so far.
Sep 20, 2013 4:32 PM
Jul 2011
aw for a second I thought Sou-chan was alive :(
Sep 21, 2013 2:42 PM
Mar 2012
This hot pot thing is just so sick. And Benten's an arrogant bitch.
Sep 22, 2013 8:28 AM

Jul 2010
Holy shit the train in the preview, can't wait for the next episode.

Btw, Ebisugawa family is fucking cruel. (Except Kaisei) And I'm still not liking Benten.
Sep 26, 2013 7:56 PM

Apr 2013
cringeful episode
Oct 20, 2013 11:00 AM

May 2012
Shit that's some great development right here, I really wonder what's next!
Nov 7, 2013 4:59 AM

Oct 2012
No OP? You know it's a serious ep when there's no OP
So, the cage made Tanuki can't transform?
Aw, I hope someday Kaisei & Yasoburou will meet in their human form

Yay looks like Yajirou will transform to a electric train again next ep
"Signature removed"
Dec 27, 2013 5:08 AM
May 2012
Good episode, things are starting to get really intense!!!!

Frog bro to the rescue next episode, fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 18, 2014 4:03 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

It must be said that the two brothers are smarter than expected, moral: Never underestimate the fools.
Compelling plot at certain points, the characters of this series, I'm so mysterious is twisted.
Narration pervasive discreet.
From the promos are perceived perhaps too many things.
I hope the series finale, is adequate and not stupid.
Dec 7, 2014 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
Benten to save Yasaburou! Good on you. I hope that brother doesn't get eaten.

Also why do they have to eat a tanuki? Do they HAVE to? Why? I still don't get that. It's so stupid if you ask me.
Jul 11, 2016 1:42 AM

Jun 2007
I love this anime but god do i hate the fact that they kill tanuki like nobody's business
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jan 6, 2017 5:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kaisei is amazing, she saved Yashirou! :D

Now let's see what the little brother will do.
Apr 3, 2017 1:16 AM

Sep 2015
Even if she ends up not coming through for Yasaburou. I really like Benten. She sure saved him here which was great. One of the best parts of the episode. But I just find her really interesting. How she behaves coldly but always seems to have a second hidden motivation. It's textbook stuff but very effective. I can't help but notice her ambiguous parting words. She doesn't care who she eats in the pot. Which leads me to believe it will either end up being Ebisugawa getting his just desserts. Or Yasaburou/his mother sacrificing themselves nobly kind of deal. Just the vibe I got from that statement and what it might be hinting at.

While the Ebisugawa brothers were funny and their trap was a little clever. And for that matter the dude buying Yaichirou was honestly kind of scary. Like a little. For me the highlight of the episode was Kaisei rescuing Yaishirou. It was just a cute and unexpected interaction. Between two characters I didn't expect to have a scene together. Plus the stealthy action parts were pretty cool. I especially got a kick out of her telling him to tuck in his tail. Seems like she's sidelined for the big finale now though. At least temporarily.

I'm curious how Yasaburou will escape the brothers next time. Be it attaining inner calm. Which it implies but is unclear about, the impossibility of while in a cage. Or Yajirou finally getting out of the well and saving him. Or maybe Yashirou coming through all on his lonesome. Either way I can not wait.
Apr 23, 2017 3:56 PM
Aug 2014
Can't even be mad at Kinkaku and Ginkaku this episode, they tricked Yasaburou so easily. I guess he does have a good amount of "idiot-blood".
Sep 3, 2017 7:09 PM

Apr 2015
I really don't like the way Benten seems to get a kick out of playing both sides and uses her beauty to make guys melt in her hands. At the same time she tries to help the Shimogamos, she's just like "Oh yeah, I'll still eat your brother if he winds up in the hot pot, tanuki meat is good shit"? (Okay, she didn't use those exact words, but BASICALLY.)

And that whole "I haven't gotten anything that I want" thing...bitch, please, Yasaburo hit the nail on the head. You get whatever you want whenever you want it.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 10, 2017 5:43 PM

Jan 2014
Ugh, I really hate the Uncle. The youngest brother is forced to be brave, so I'm looking forward to that development.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 7, 2017 2:12 AM

Mar 2015
Oh man hopefully someone can swoop in and save the day! I really want those Ebisugawa brothers to get their comeuppance!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 21, 2017 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
Kaisei is awesome. I really hope Yasaburou will finally stop getting attracted to that Ben 10 bitch, and just get together with Kaisei in the end :/
May 12, 2018 6:46 PM

Feb 2015
It'a a shame that the professor got Yaichirou for dinner. The ceremony is all messed up and I didn't think that his uncle is a able to do that. It's disgusting as a tanuki.

Great, Yashirou is out, let's fix this.
May 21, 2018 10:41 PM

Sep 2013
Those 4 sons are going to prove they did indeed inherit their father's blood before the next 2 episodes are done.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 8, 2019 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
Ebusigawa Soun kills his brother over a girl by getting him boiled and eaten by humans. Then proceeds to try to wipe out his family in the same way so him and his family can seize power. Ruthless mofo.
Apr 8, 2019 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
Kaisei helping Shimogamo family reminds me of Chiyo helping the boys in prison school. Girl from the antagonist side helps the protagonists.

Ginkaku and Rinkaku in this show remind me of the two twins in Sky High. At first, we just know they're dickheads but then as it goes on, we realize they're villainous and evil.
Mar 11, 2020 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
So emotional that it's almost too tough to watch.

Yajirou needs to get out of the well to help his family and Ebisugawa, oh man, I dunno what could be an appropriate punishment, but he shouldn't be allowed to get out of this unharmed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2020 10:42 AM

May 2016
Tanuki's sure are strong we humans would cry for our-self only if we end up Yachiro.
but he was full of strength even after all that.
Apr 1, 2021 2:17 PM

Aug 2016
Man those dumbass brothers, can't believe the MC fell into such a silly trap, then again, it all comes back to the idiot blood.....
Uncle Knobhead is beyond any redemption, hopefully he ends up in the pot.
Come on Froggy, he's gotta get outta that well and bring back the train.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 14, 2021 4:41 AM

Jul 2016
Fenryr19 said:
I'm still hoping for some twist on the Friday Fellows and Benten, because they seem to lack any motivation so far.

Apart from...

You know...

Wanting to eat Tanuki.
Jan 30, 2023 9:08 PM

Jan 2021
I wanted to pour out my anger at Ebisugawa but then I SEE THE PREVIEW!! THERE'S A TRAIN!!! AAAAAA YAJIROUUUU THE FROGBROOOO COMES OUT OF THE WELL TO SAVE HIS FAMILY T----T ♡♡♡ he doesn't want to lose any more family members :""')

Jan 16, 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
While some people have commented about the tanukis and their inability to break out of the cages, what I moreso found myself wondering was why Yaichirou didn't just yell at the Professor immediately when the cage was handed over. He was able to dismiss Souichirou talking as a drunken dream in the end, but he wouldn't exactly be able to deny the reality in this situation. And, given how Yaichirou has been characterised as incredibly short-tempered, I don't believe he would stay silent for a moment as the Professor takes him to the Friday Fellows.

It's definitely not the cage that's stopping him talking, as evidenced by the rest of the episode and that aforementioned Souchirou flashback...
Mar 8, 1:54 AM
Mar 2020
This series even though light hearted has some really evil shit that turns me off sometimes
benten being justified is one of them
i just finished the first season and from what i've read for the second i'm so glad she'll actually have some problems facing her femme fatale ass
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think the series will get a s3?

Vamp_Lord - Oct 28, 2023

4 by InNeedOfAName »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:30 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

95 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2013

104 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2013

105 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 9, 2023 4:27 PM

» How can someone willingly eat someone they know??

Gilsaber - Jul 15, 2021

14 by JKKH »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.