Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2010 6:02 PM

Mar 2010
What the fuck is up with Tomoya.
Five years have passed and you have a daughter to live up to.
Get your damn act together you wuss.
Apr 24, 2010 10:50 AM

Jan 2010
5 year time lapse ftw :D

welcome,Ushio :-)

too bad tomoya doesn't realise that
:-(
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 1, 2010 2:29 PM

Feb 2010
First I was thinking: He is way to happy. His wife died recently.
But when he "said" it was five years ago, i thought: He is way to depressed. His wife died five years ago.

And I agree to the post upside mine.
May 8, 2010 3:06 PM
Nov 2009
wtf. 5 years pass by from one episode to the next. It appears like the author was rushing to finish.

Well I didn't like this episode too much because of how much Tomoyo was acting like his father. It pretty much appears as if he doesn't care anymore.
But I do have to say Ushio is so KAWAII!!
May 9, 2010 6:08 PM

Feb 2010
Anybody notice another reference from Kanon 2006 besides Akiko's jam
There's that giant stuff anteater in the living room behind Ushio
It's the same anteater that Yuuichi and Sayuri were giving to Mai for her b-day
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2010 1:11 PM
Jul 2008
Ushio is Kawaii X3 still sad that Nagisa died though....
Jul 21, 2010 7:33 PM

Mar 2009
Tomoya is really irresponsible, leaving Ushio to be taken care of by Akio and Sanae for 5 years.
Jul 25, 2010 6:46 AM

Jun 2010
God, I was expecting Tomoya to at least treat his child a little better, raise her with love and care, because, you know, he grew up without his father's love, so I thought he would at least provide his very child with the love and care that his father didn't provide him with, especially since his child looked almost exactly like the girl that he loved.

But apparently he went the same way together with his father. Oh God. What happened to the selfless Tomoya who would go out of his way to help others i need?
Aug 6, 2010 2:15 AM

Feb 2010
I am not surprised by Tomoya's behavior... she is a mini nagisa... she is the sting he feels after nagisa left this world... she reminds him of his guilt, that HE killed Nagisa by meeting her(his words, not mine)...

I AM however, disappointed, because this is his DAUGHTER who Nagisa would want him to love. Remember how happy he was to first hold his daughter?? That should have stayed with him.

Sadly, I now know what his father was going through when Tomoya's mom died. He's following in his father's footsteps.
Aug 13, 2010 11:00 PM

May 2010
I just feel kinda depressed now.

And Tomoya is definitely following in his father's footsteps.
Aug 20, 2010 10:43 AM
Feb 2008
This episode seemed more depressing then the last one for some reason. I guess the whole Nagisa being pregnant could only end in one way with her being so weak. I honestly thought the baby dying would be the way they went but having her go made sense and was always a possibility though one I didn't like. Nagisa was alright as her character but the thing that made her good was that she made Okazaki better who I think is a more interesting character (which makes sense he's the main lead)

I think it was sad that him and his child were so distant. I just hope that he reconciles with his father considering he's walked a while in his moccasins. 5 years is crazy though. How old is he now? 25? You'd think they'd try to make the characters look older or something at least

Kinda blew my mind that Ushio was the one skipping in the end I always assumed it was Nagisa didn't really pay attention to see it was a child.
Sep 6, 2010 11:40 AM

Feb 2010
Emperor-sama said:
I still felt the sadness of episode 16 while watching this episode. I still can't believe it... And it's so sad that Tomoya has ignored Ushio for the last five years. :(

BTW, I liked the ending where Ushio started jumping, and then transitioned to the ending song perfectly. That was nice. ^_^

I feel the same way.
Sep 12, 2010 7:26 AM

Aug 2010
Blutspender said:
First I was thinking: He is way to happy. His wife died recently.
But when he "said" it was five years ago, i thought: He is way to depressed. His wife died five years ago.

For the first several minutes I thought: Nagisa just died and he looks normal. too normal.
MusashiRose said:
I am not surprised by Tomoya's behavior... she is a mini nagisa... she is the sting he feels after nagisa left this world... she reminds him of his guilt, that HE killed Nagisa by meeting her(his words, not mine)...

I AM however, disappointed, because this is his DAUGHTER who Nagisa would want him to love. Remember how happy he was to first hold his daughter?? That should have stayed with him.

Sadly, I now know what his father was going through when Tomoya's mom died. He's following in his father's footsteps.

You stole my thoughts. It's too sad, I've run out of tissues :(
Sep 27, 2010 3:30 PM

Sep 2010
thatguy said:
This episode seemed more depressing then the last one for some reason.

Exactly, at the end of the previous episode I really thought this one would begin at the hospital with Nagisa struggling for life and eventually waking up (I don't watch the previews so I don't know if it told anything). But man this episode felt like someone dropped a bomb into my chest. From the first moment you actually come to realize Nagisa's gone for good (unless Clannad kicks another miracle in the future). Though she might not have been the most lovable character in the series, you don't really want it to end this way. Eventhough this episode changes into a happier one, I've remained sad the hole 20 minutes, not wanting to believe what just happened.

MusashiRose said:

Also true, if it had to happen, this is a very realistic reaction by Tomoya. Who wouldn't lose all hope when the thing you treasure the most in the world is taken away from you. Though it might be his daughter, she's really his most feared person. For 5 years he's trying to forget but she'll always remind him of what happened. I also like how he now resembles his father. From the very beginning of the first season I always thought his father to be a nice person dispite his flaws. Him being in prison was the first moment I began to doubt my first opinion. But now you absolutely understand the emotion his father's been through.
MerushiSep 27, 2010 3:34 PM

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Oct 3, 2010 5:44 PM

Jun 2009
I can't believe Nagisa is dead, no!!! Tomoya is so stupid now, I don't think I will keep him in favorite anymore...
I thought that since Nagisa is dead and Ushio is just like her Tomoya would take care of her, but I just hate him now. 5 years wow!!!!!!!!!
I am so sad, I just have to cry a little more...
Jan 22, 2011 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
The opening only brings painful memories now. T_T

Ushio is too cute!! kyaah
Jan 23, 2011 10:31 AM

May 2010
When Tomoya said it was already five years since Nagisa died, he really is too depressed.

But unlike most characters in this situation who will likely blame their child for the death of their wife, Tomoya thinks that his past with Nagisa was a mistake including their daughter.

It's kinda sad seeing Tomoya being bitter towards Ushio but everytime Ushio do something like a happy daughter in a family would do, I can't help but smile. She really is Nagisa's daughter. She brings hope to the story. :)

Great ep nonetheless.
Feb 17, 2011 6:52 PM

Dec 2008
Tomoya acts like he hates Ushio. I guess she reminds him so much of Nagisa that it hurts. She is, after all, the spiting image of her mother.
Feb 24, 2011 5:04 PM

Sep 2009
GarLogan78 said:
Wow the time skips in the After Story are crazy. Has it been like 10 years since he graduated high school?

And Ushio is adorable!

I agree with you!
I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the time skips

USHIO IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 19, 2011 4:38 PM
Nov 2010
I'm so mad at how Tomoya is behaving right now.
Okay, so I understand why Tomoya would be in the emotonal state he is in right now, but regardless of what happened in the past, his behaviour is only causing a negative impact on Ushio.
I mean seriously, is this what Nagisa would have wanted?
He's giving Ushio a bad life, moreover, he's giving Ushio a depressing life that is no different than the life his father gave him.
In other words, he is becoming exactly like his father, drowning his sorrow in gambling, drinking, and smoking, and neglecting his child.
He'll only end up causing Ushio to hate him in the same way he hates his own father. He needs to realize that yes, it was heartbreaking for him to lose the only person in his life that ever gave his life meaning, but that Nagisa has now left with him a part of her through Ushio. So he should live his life for Ushio.

But aside from that, Ushio was just uber adorable in this episode! She looks just like Nagisa! =]

Apr 19, 2011 8:40 PM

Feb 2009
This episode was soo sweet... Tomoya really went into a depressing hole of dispair didn't he? But there's someone that can fill that hole in his soul, he just didn't noticed it yet. Fortunately there's an angelic couple that will help him find it.
Apr 25, 2011 1:03 PM

Sep 2008
Matranga opened up the episode with his lame monologue. He does a pretty bad depressed tone; it sounded like he was crying when he shouldn't be.
Ushio's VA dub is pretty good though, Isogai was a welcome voice too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2011 3:32 PM

Nov 2009
So Nagisa really did die?! NOOOOOO! an i can't believe Tomoya screwed up so big!!! Poor Ushio! 5 years without her father... and he's not even a good father... the only funny part in this episode was the whole "I did it all by myself!" she sounded so much like Nagisa =} ... this was such a sad episode! im glad though that hes finally with her...
Jun 3, 2011 6:00 AM

Mar 2011
Bad Tomoya! You'll end up like your father!

He needs to spend time with Ushio or he'll never be able to love her. It's already too awkward, but at the very end, Ushio seems happy that she's getting to spend time with her dad!
Jun 7, 2011 12:38 PM
Jul 2010
I teared up a bit twice in this episode. Seeing Tomoya so depressed, knowing he has spent 5 years in that state... It was so bad... And Ushio... she's the cutest thing I've ever seen! ^.^

I had one wish this entire episode. I just wanted to see Tomoya smile. I just wanted him to smile to Ushio. It made me really sad that he didn't because Ushio needs him and he needs her even more... But things can only get better from here. I liked Sanae and Akio already but what this episode just made them even more amazing in my eyes. I also hope what Tomoya went through this years will help him understand his father better but I'm sure that, unlike his father, he'll make it through.

Sent with Mal Updater
hontobakaJun 7, 2011 12:41 PM
Jul 11, 2011 6:04 AM

Sep 2008
Ushio is super cute. :D
I'm not too fond of emo-Tomoya though, he shouldn't think of Ushio as a mistake like he's doing now.
Aug 21, 2011 12:28 AM

Jun 2011
The very first thing that went through my mind after watching this episode was how shockingly Tomoya resembled his own father. I understand the reason to be upset, but I expected Tomoya, of all people, to know what it feels like when your parent neglects you.
Sep 24, 2011 4:43 PM

Jan 2008
Wow....up until now I've been firmly believing Nagisa didn't really die...but she's really gone. Ugh.

Thiis episode was pretty touching. :<

Oct 12, 2011 4:08 PM

Dec 2009
boring episode... and I afraid next episodes will be boring for me too...
Nov 24, 2011 6:26 AM

Oct 2011
Couldn't stop crying. lol
Dec 13, 2011 1:40 PM
Oct 2011
I loved this episode. It was funny the way Tomoya was treating his child. The episode was really cute!! I still miss Negisa though she made the show. This is a really depressing anime.
Dec 19, 2011 10:23 PM

Nov 2008
Still wondering how old was Nagisa when she gave birth to Ushio. I'm thinking like around 20 years old lol. In this episode Tomoya doesn't even look like he's Ushio's father :/ Ushio's really cute and well behaved though.

I'm fairly surprised too that Sanae can be still cheery and all after Nagisa died. I think perhaps she knew/ had expected Nagisa would.
Dec 31, 2011 7:06 PM

Jun 2011
missluvabl3x said:
Okay, so I understand why Tomoya would be in the emotonal state he is in right now, but regardless of what happened in the past, his behaviour is only causing a negative impact on Ushio.
He's giving Ushio a bad life, moreover, he's giving Ushio a depressing life that is no different than the life his father gave him.
In other words, he is becoming exactly like his father, drowning his sorrow in gambling, drinking, and smoking, and neglecting his child.
He'll only end up causing Ushio to hate him in the same way he hates his own father. He needs to realize that yes, it was heartbreaking for him to lose the only person in his life that ever gave his life meaning, but that Nagisa has now left with him a part of her through Ushio. So he should live his life for Ushio.

But aside from that, Ushio was just uber adorable in this episode! She looks just like Nagisa! =]

THIS!
Jan 6, 2012 7:25 AM

Jan 2009
Yes, everthing missluvabl3x said. What doesn't make sense is that Senai and Akio allowed it to go on for 5 years. I just don't see that happening. I can understand Ushio living with them, since Tomoya works most of the day. But I'm sure Aki would have beat some living sense into Tomoya long ago. Plus it seemed way too out of character for Tomoya. I just don't see the death of Nagisa making Tomoya an utter dick to his daughter, something that he created with Nagisa.
ZewerrDec 25, 2016 12:56 AM
Jan 18, 2012 4:20 PM

Aug 2011
Is it weird I like Tomoya more when he's depressed?
Feb 1, 2012 6:15 PM

May 2011
Nothing can replace Nagisa.

It's realistic that Tomoya is acting this way. He's going to have to adapt and learn over time for the sake of his daughter. 5 years may seem like a lot, but some scars need a lot more than time to heal. Especially if you blame it all on yourself.

I guess I was watching this episode with the same facial expression as Tomoya.

The opening song is a lot more painful to watch now, the lyrics are too accurate; no coincidence.
Apr 24, 2012 12:33 PM

Oct 2009
musicalsushi said:
GarLogan78 said:
Wow the time skips in the After Story are crazy. Has it been like 10 years since he graduated high school?

And Ushio is adorable!

I agree with you!
I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the time skips

USHIO IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ushio ga kawaii ne?! ^_^

missluvabl3x said:

I agree with you, Tomoya really grew cold these past few years...
I hope he changes for Ushio's sake, Nagisa would have never wished this...
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
May 30, 2012 12:25 PM

Jun 2010
This was a good episode but I wonder if the limited scoring is holding it back. Why are the "wacky music" and "generic happy music" tracks playing during the middle parts of the episode? Tomoya's interactions with Ushio seem very tense to me.

I like Ushio's characterization already. She seem to have inherited her mother's passivity. I found it a little annoying in Nagisa but in a five year-old who doesn't understand why this man she rarely sees called "dad" seems not to like her, it's pretty sad.
Aug 4, 2012 7:54 PM

May 2012
Doesn't look like the next episode will be a happy one.
Aug 5, 2012 7:23 AM

Feb 2011
I can't believe they actually killed Nagisa for real , they didn't have to :| . Also I'm not really happy with the relation between Ushio and Tomoya , why he had to leave the child at Sanae and Akio . But yeah I'll see what happens next .
Sep 19, 2012 1:44 AM

Sep 2011
Goddammit. Impatient person is impatient. Watch the next episode first before criticizing.

Nov 9, 2012 12:00 AM

Jan 2011
I almost want to drop this show because everytime i see Ushios face I get sad
Nov 16, 2012 2:46 AM
Oct 2012
ive been crying bc nagisa i miss her so much why do the main characters always die, i just got so attached to her she was my favourite character.
Dec 6, 2012 12:49 AM
May 2012
noteDhero said:
How disappointing...the most dramatic part they fly right through and in exchange we have this...almost no awkwardness between Tomoya and Ushio. Pretty dumb.

What do you want, a Korean drama?? They don't need to and shouldn't make it overloaded with excessive dramatic effect.
Having something like a funeral for Nagisa would be too much. You know she's dead. They don't need to show it again. And what the hell do you mean"There is almost no awkwardness"?? Are you blind or something?? It is SO obvious the relationship between Tomoya and Ushio is awkward.She doesn't want to sit next to him, he hesitates to speak to her. Contradicting yourself at your best. -.-
Dec 12, 2012 4:38 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Ushio is pretty cute :p She looks just like Nagisa >,< how i wish Nagisa was still here...would really be happy family T_T :(((
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 13, 2012 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
I think that Ushio looks like the girl in the other world.
Feb 24, 2013 6:49 AM

Jan 2012
5 year time skip. Didn't expect so much. Anyway, Ushio is adorable.

Mar 12, 2013 4:50 PM

Feb 2013
Such a bitterweet episode.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Mar 22, 2013 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Tomoya is acting as can be expected. That's an incredibly difficult thing to be going through, and he's bascially alone besides the help from Sanae and Akio.

I really wish he would be loving toward Ushio though. It was heart breaking to see him acting distant toward her. Granted it is better she's living with her grandparents rather than him.

But more importantly...USHIO IS SOOO CUTE!!! SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE NAGISA :D
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 25, 2013 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
I was really surprised to see that such a long time had passed; I expected Ushio to be a baby still, at least. Five years have passed! I was definitely not expecting him to have neglected her for so long. I love the relationship, or I guess I should say first experience alone, they have with one another because I feel that Tomoya treats Ushio the same as he treated Nagisa whenever they first met, and Ushio acts a lot like Nagisa did at the time. This episode caused me to feel an odd happiness infused with a bitter sadness that I have come to expect of Clannad, akin to the feeling of past memories of my actual life. Ushio really makes me want to have a little girl someday.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.