Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2013 12:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, I wasn't expecting a poker theme game this episode. Most times in this series, I'm more used to the battles out on the field.

The game was okay I guess. The OST kinda fits the suspense. Oh shit, dat spoons. That wasn't what I was expecting.
Sep 14, 2013 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
Well the poker card game was interesting, never expected Uzume's mom to be pro at this. The chairman takes some action in the card game but lost to both Uzume and her mom, kind of surprising.
omega_d94Sep 14, 2013 1:02 PM

Sep 15, 2013 3:42 AM

Oct 2009
Uzume's mom/Director... XD
Well, all's well ends well.
Also... Komachi is returning Madeleine instead of Director? o.O
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Sep 15, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
Never expected Uzume's mom would play such a (pleasantly) major role !! LOL

And for the chairman, it is just obvious how she would be if we just go through the list of characters in the series by elimination....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 15, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2013
Komachi's the chairman?

The poker game was cool. I found it interesting how her mom was able to deal the cards right into those card holders lol.
Sep 15, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
the bad guy just got momed xD

daaaayum that mother sure knows her poker.

Then mom NTRed her daughter out of the card and forced her to play another round of poker. I wish I had mad card skills like that!

Anyone else think it was odd that the mom wasn't even a least bit shocked by the holographic projector in her living room? She even poured the hologram some tea and made cookies.
yaminogame91Sep 15, 2013 3:57 PM
Sep 15, 2013 5:03 PM

Feb 2012
Uzume's mom is the ultimate milf.
Sep 15, 2013 5:32 PM

Oct 2009
yaminogame91 said:
the bad guy just got momed xD

daaaayum that mother sure knows her poker.

Then mom NTRed her daughter out of the card and forced her to play another round of poker. I wish I had mad card skills like that!

Anyone else think it was odd that the mom wasn't even a least bit shocked by the holographic projector in her living room? She even poured the hologram some tea and made cookies.

Technology. I mean, there's dolls and all...
That, or her mom just could care less...
Is the fake's chairman named 'Anna'?
I really liked how her expression when she got beaten up with Uzume's mom... by a straight flush from the start! o.O
Imagine what could Uzume's mom do if she had dolls. ^o^
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Sep 15, 2013 7:04 PM

Apr 2008
Their expression when seeing Uzume's (hopeless) hand
Terrible with no chance of winning
Sep 15, 2013 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
And in this episode, How to play Poker 101

Pretty good episode anyways.

Yvese said:
Uzume's mom is the ultimate milf.

I agree as well.
Sep 16, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
i love Uzume's mother she knows her stuff lol and wait what? were they fighting with a spoon? the hell?!
Sep 16, 2013 7:22 PM
Nov 2012
Oohoshi_Awai said:
yaminogame91 said:

Technology. I mean, there's dolls and all...
Well, except her mom never saw the dolls. But this kind of thing happens quite a bit in this series. I think I gave up caring after they went to some spooky abandoned lab and just happened on a teddy boy whose name they somehow learned and a room full of rare cards.
Oohoshi_Awai said:

I really liked how her expression when she got beaten up with Uzume's mom... by a straight flush from the start! o.O

The probability of being dealt a straight flush in five-card draw is about one in a hundred thousand. I'd be pretty gobsmacked too if someone laid that down without a draw, and on their first hand, too. Uzume's quads redraw had a probability of about one in five thousand, I think, though maybe it's a bit better on a redraw. But of course in her case she had extra mojo thanks to her faith in the cards :)

Anyway, I've never really understood who Komachi was in Uzume's life. She's a teacher at the school, isn't she? But she also knew her in elementary school. I'd have to go back to when we were introduced to her but I don't even remember when that was. Everytime she pops up I think, "who's this again?" Can someone set me straight on her? Seeing as she's suddenly important....
tcfenstermakerAug 20, 2014 9:00 PM
Sep 16, 2013 11:08 PM

Jan 2013
Wasn't expecting a poker game.
This anime always moderately surprises me.
It's trying to be at least a little unique.
Sep 17, 2013 12:12 PM

Oct 2011
Dat poker lesson. Writes it down. Thanks Uzume's mother XD

Dat spoon : 0
Sep 17, 2013 6:58 PM

Oct 2012
Uzume's mom is just awesome
Sep 18, 2013 1:01 PM
Oct 2010
I was actually fooled there until Anne said that the director was coming over. Then it became obvious again that it was Komachi, before she appeared at the door.

Also, Madeleine was behaving very weird if you ask me, she was way to calm. I thought she would be much more upset but she rather looked like she was in on it.
Sep 18, 2013 5:38 PM

Jun 2012
Definitely my favorite episode of this series.

1. I learned how to play poker (I knew, but forgot several times)
2. I learned why it's called a Poker Face

Wow, if my mom won a card of that importance, I would definitely be like, "Mom, you don't even know how badly I need that card, please give it to me, or I will hate you." xD Jk, but that was a big bet. All of Uzume's bad luck accumulated towards good luck.

Now I really want to play poker, I think I'll look for it in the itunes store so I can play it on my iPod xD Looks like so much fun!

Sep 18, 2013 7:54 PM

Apr 2008
tcfenstermaker said:
Anyway, I've never really understood who Komachi was in Uzume's life. She's a teacher at the school, isn't she? But she also knew her in elementary school. I'd have to go back to when we were introduced to her but I don't even remember when that was. Everytime she pops up I think, "who's this again?" Can someone set me straight on her? Seeing as she's suddenly important....
She's always been the Chekhov's Gunman.
Stood out too much to not get any significance.

Komachi is not a teacher, just a senior who has known Uzume for long time and often help with her worries.
Probably like the nice big sister next door for her.
Sep 19, 2013 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
"Mom, you think bearing me turns out to be fortunate or unfortunate for your bet?"

"Hmm... Slightly fortunate, I guess?"

MOM !!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 19, 2013 9:03 AM

Sep 2009
just as I thought.. komachi is the chairwoman :P
Sep 20, 2013 12:22 AM

Dec 2012
Probably my favorite episode so far. I officially don't like Sasara, she doesn't take anyone's feelings into consideration and just spouts off "bad master" so loosely after everything they've been through. Then they're pretty much given a lead on Madeleine and she's like "aight it's all behind us."

The poker game was interesting, Uzume's mom is really cool. Glad she got more screen time this episode. Komachi being the leader was pretty obvious for a long time but I'm still interested to see what she has to say.
Sep 21, 2013 10:20 AM
May 2012
Whew, i knew there was something with Komachi from the start, and boy i was right. Still, i kind if didn't saw that coming, she being the chairman.

Uzume's mom is so cool!!!
Sep 27, 2013 6:25 AM

Apr 2013
I knew it! I knew something fishy was up with her~
Oct 1, 2013 8:53 AM

Oct 2012
So this was an educative episode on how to play poker ? Why not... anyway not much action expect near the end a little fight and Madelaine in the car i don't trust her no more she looked on the bad side. Honestly best part Uzume's mom playing poker that was hilarious and also Komachi is the freakin' chairman WTF!!!!
Oct 21, 2013 5:18 PM

May 2012
Pretty fancy episode, lets see what's next!
Dec 4, 2013 4:14 AM

Apr 2013
I already suspected. But I was surprised with the final.
Aug 30, 2014 12:00 AM

Feb 2013
Uzume's mom made this episode!
Oct 11, 2014 2:04 PM

May 2013
Lol, Uzume's mom is teaching her how to play poker.
To be honest, even though the chairman had good cards, Uzume's mother still pwned her.
But for the mother, dinner > poker.

Oh no, Komachi is the chairman!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 11, 2015 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
Thanks to this episode, I remembered how to play pocker. Thanks, anime industry.
Oct 30, 2016 11:54 PM

Mar 2015
MILF!!!!!

I forgot how to play poker but thanks to Mom, I remembered most of the rules and nobody explained to me about pair, one of a kind, flush so this episode helped me a lot.

Anime industry needs poker anime, seriously!!!

4.5/5
Nov 6, 2016 8:09 PM

Nov 2013
Poke her face.

The poker game was cool with its intense music.

Fantasista Doll Tea Party. I love, that all of Uzume's trap cards are food-related.

The chairman is Komachi, as expected.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 24, 2021 3:30 AM

Oct 2007
better teach your daughter early on how to gamble. lol

got tricked, never expected Komachi to be the chairman.

the finally beat that Proto Zero doll.

Jun 29, 2021 4:12 PM

Feb 2020
Nice poker game.

So, Komachi is the chairman? Pretty unexpected twist again.

Uzume's mom is so beautiful. She's a true milf.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fantasista Doll Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

43 by wildhood »»
Oct 18, 2023 8:33 PM

Poll: » Fantasista Doll Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

51 by Buraot »»
Jun 9, 2023 11:19 PM

» I wish someone else makes an Anime like this but with more competence.

removed-user - Jan 10, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Jan 10, 2022 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fantasista Doll Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

34 by Serafos »»
Jun 29, 2021 4:42 PM

Poll: » Fantasista Doll Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2013

24 by Serafos »»
Jun 29, 2021 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.