Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2013 2:17 PM
Sep 2012
Could go either way, adding part of 34 would just "feel" better in my eyes. Regardless they better have some great animation for 25. Can't wait for that and next week's end.
Sep 14, 2013 2:21 PM
May 2012
dat annie laughter , hnnnnng <3
doesn't even remotely look like the manga version, dunno whether for better or worse though, ...
Sep 14, 2013 2:35 PM
Jul 2013
Pipoko said:
Could go either way, adding part of 34 would just "feel" better in my eyes. Regardless they better have some great animation for 25. Can't wait for that and next week's end.

They're premiering it in a cinema, mate. They better hope they have Sakuga Animations done.
Sep 14, 2013 2:42 PM

Jan 2009
I love seeing how people don’t mind about loving a murderer … see, last week everyone crying a lot for Petra and today everyone saying that they loves the person who killed her LOL… I agree with Mikasa, this world is cruel... just saying :)
english isn't my native language... ;)
Sep 14, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2013
Annie, why do you hate people so much?! You so cray cray.
Sep 14, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
stAtic91 said:
Amarrez said:
Raetin said:
In the manga, she just made this smile instead of the hysterical laughter.
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8886/031.0/compressed/oimg043.jpg?v=11368324281
I'm pretty sure that SFX means laughter.
Sindri42a said:
You missed the text representing the sound effects. I know it's not translated, but it's still there.
It's translated as "smirk" on that page. At most it would be a snicker, definitely not what we got in the anime.

There are further sound effects down the page. She's laughing while they look stunned.
Sep 14, 2013 3:14 PM
May 2012
mixordia said:
I love seeing how people don’t mind about loving a murderer … see, last week everyone crying a lot for Petra and today everyone saying that they loves the person who killed her LOL… I agree with Mikasa, this world is cruel... just saying :)

who is petra?
Sep 14, 2013 3:19 PM

May 2009
CNagy said:
stAtic91 said:
Amarrez said:
Raetin said:
In the manga, she just made this smile instead of the hysterical laughter.
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8886/031.0/compressed/oimg043.jpg?v=11368324281
I'm pretty sure that SFX means laughter.
Sindri42a said:
You missed the text representing the sound effects. I know it's not translated, but it's still there.
It's translated as "smirk" on that page. At most it would be a snicker, definitely not what we got in the anime.

There are further sound effects down the page. She's laughing while they look stunned.
Nah, those aren't for laughter. ドクン is "dokun" which is used for heartbeats. Sure, Annie could be laughing in the background while we are shown their stunned faces, but there're no actual sfx or anything to support that..
stAtic91Sep 14, 2013 3:39 PM
Sep 14, 2013 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
Forget the titan transformation. Did her nose just shrink when she revealed herself!?
Sep 14, 2013 4:23 PM

Aug 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhbF6MjaZVE

Never forget what she's done.
Sep 14, 2013 4:25 PM

Aug 2013
That look on Annie's face...
My Candies:
Sep 14, 2013 4:27 PM

Apr 2013
mixordia said:

What?

Oh , wait!
I'm in the minority that loved Annie from the moment she appeared on the anime screen. To be honest , she should have killed more because it was delicious. Never cared of Petra and I dont give a damn about her and never did give a damn.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 14, 2013 4:30 PM

May 2013
Awesome episode!
Sep 14, 2013 4:30 PM
Sep 2013
Haha her laugh was cute and I laughed when I saw Jean looking like he was gonna shit himself while pretending to be Eren. They actually do kind of look a like.
Sep 14, 2013 4:32 PM
Sep 2013
I don't get what was going on, where was Eren trying to lead Annie anyways? And why didn't she go down the stairs?
Sep 14, 2013 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
The next 2 episodes should be very interesting.

Sep 14, 2013 4:33 PM
Sep 2012
now im confused on where this show is going to end. i thought it was going to end one way but i cant see that happening unless the final episode that is going to be shown i theatres is longer than the 20 min normal episodes which would kinda make sense.
Sep 14, 2013 4:33 PM
Sep 2012
Rewatched subbed. Marlo's always been an interesting character, wonder if we'll see more of him later?
I'm also not sure about the filler with him picking up the gun and wanting to shoot those guys. But we don't know much about him in the first place, so I guess it's fine.
I loved the Annie reveal. She's nuts and it's wonderful. Her identity was obvious in the manga, but here even more so, but it's still a good reveal. A good set-up episode. 4/5.
Sep 14, 2013 4:36 PM

May 2009
Calvinvng said:
I don't get what was going on, where was Eren trying to lead Annie anyways? And why didn't she go down the stairs?
That will be explained more in the next episode. As for why she didn't follow them, she knew they were up to something.
Sep 14, 2013 4:38 PM
May 2013
what an incredible episode!!!!!!!!!
Sep 14, 2013 4:43 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
erika4dsl said:
Haha her laugh was cute and I laughed when I saw Jean looking like he was gonna shit himself while pretending to be Eren. They actually do kind of look a like.

Yeah Jean's part in this episode was pretty funny :) I like the way Armin explained what a good person means in a subjective way, and that he wanted Annie to be a good person to him so she would help out. But she obviously was already suspicious of him since she encountered him the most during the mission. And you gotta love Eren and the amount of trust he has in his friends, even though they pretty much had just enough evidence to say that Annie is the FT, he still wanted to believe that she wasn't :( btw nice addition with the MP stuff, so corrupt :/
Sep 14, 2013 4:51 PM

May 2013
ArufeimKirra said:
Is it weird that I found Annie's blushing laugh stunningly sexy...and lewd?

I thought the exact same thing. Who can resist that sexy face? Anyways, nice episode. A lot of build-up for the last 5 minutes.
http://imgur.com/oep71WZ <3
http://imgur.com/BWHSrr7 <3
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 14, 2013 4:51 PM

Sep 2012
Those last 5 minutes o_O
This was so intense. Oh my god.
Annie and her blushing face.
Annie being incredibly cautious with that ring, oh wow.

This show is ending in two weeks :'(
Sep 14, 2013 4:53 PM
Mar 2010
I really wanted it not to be Annie, but I think I've known for a bit. D:
The reveal was amazing though, expertly done.
Sep 14, 2013 4:56 PM

Sep 2012
Saw this twist coming from a mile away. Waiting for next week.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Sep 14, 2013 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
Annie's cover is blown. I wonder if she's going to go apeshit and destroy the city or retreat.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Sep 14, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
It was pretty obvious that Annie was the Female Titan, but I thought for sure she was being controlled or something. Surprising to find out she did that of her own free will.
Sep 14, 2013 4:59 PM

Feb 2012
Annie looks fine from the front, but looking at her from the sides, dat nose doe lmao.

Still nice episode, they set up a pretty nice ambush, Armin planning shit like Aizen.
Sep 14, 2013 4:59 PM

Apr 2013
AkkarinKHR said:
I really wanted it not to be Annie, but I think I've known for a bit. D:
The reveal was amazing though, expertly done.

You have really bad eyesight if you didnt recognize the Female Titan without this episode revealing it.

Also , note that Annie was suspicious from the beginning and her suspicions were confirmed when Armin said that Jean took Erens place and also noticed that the path was too clear .
Also it makes sense that being underground its impossible to transform and it is the perfect place to capture her , that's why she didnt want to go.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 14, 2013 5:00 PM
Jul 2013
Just actually watched the episode:

• We started off with Annie and her CQC training in her younger days I see. Nice.

• I stand corrected. Hitch is a slut. She whored herself into the Military Police as Marlow or the guy who kinda looks like Yu Narukami implied.

• They just hinted us that there are ACTUALLY people and organizations outside the walls. Remember this, both anime watchers and manga readers. This was hinted by Marlow (guy with stupid haircut who pretends to be righteous but is a coward) and Annie's stare at him shortly after.

• Fuck the higher-ups.

• So, they just hinted us at another possibility that there are STRONGER human than top dog Levi. Kinda implied by that smugglers/trading association buying them 3DMGs. Who knows? Maybe the smugglers are actually better than the soldiers? Maybe Levi's skills were taught to him by those smugglers?

• Again, fuck the higher ups. Hitch redeemed herself though, saving Marlow like that. You're in the favourable slut list, Hitch!

• I like Armin and Annie's chat about being a good person, bet and perspective.

• The short moment of the trio and Annie talking was fun to watch.

• Eren, sir, please. I know you're grateful to the girl who taught you CQC. But come on man, the preview showed us that the Survey Corps agreed that Annie was the Female Titan.

• Annie's laugh <3. I changed my mine. Hentai Artists, draw Annie Ahegao doujins pls.

• I'm genuinely surprised at Annie's normal tone. She usually talks with those emo tones.

• Shit, son. Survey Corps Soldiers know Parkour too?

• They censored those soldiers' death when Annie transforms. This is different from the Manga, where you could see blood splatters. Or they might still be alive? Hoping that they're still alive though, Parkour Runners are rare :c.

• Dat final scene in the previews. Mikasa's jelly fais <3. (Note, stupid anime shippers, Annie X Eren is not canon. They only have mutual respect for each other: Eren's respect for Annie and her skills; Annie's respect for Eren's abnormal courage and will. This is confirmed by Isayama on his blog. But hey, suit yourself.)

Kinda surprised at how many people didn't notice those hints they dropped on us (I stated them in my first few bullet points) and focused on those fascist Military Police.
XinceptionSep 14, 2013 5:06 PM
Sep 14, 2013 5:02 PM

May 2011
Every episode has been WOW
Sep 14, 2013 5:05 PM

Aug 2012
Man this episode was awesome

Sep 14, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2013
A lot of buildup to get to the end, but I thought it was really good. Annie's laugh though.....o.o
Sep 14, 2013 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
Seems the smile has been exaggerated into something much more extreme... I'm going watch and judge for myself.

Annie is the FT, no big surprise.

I'll be back later to say my piece once I view the episode, but atm I think I liked it better when just smiled, FT style. Maybe this works better, who knows?
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 14, 2013 5:09 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
yeah. pretty much figured that she is titan..

Anyways my question is.. was there a time skip? I mean in last episode they were returning to city at the end.. and now suddenly trapping Annie...?
Sep 14, 2013 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
OKAY I DONT CARE WHAT HAPPENS..

I LOVE ANNIE..... shes mad cool and badass Q_Q

no grudge ; u ;

and that badass ring!

Cant wait to hear annie's reason for doing all of this ; v ;
Sep 14, 2013 5:11 PM

Apr 2009
vaikepois said:
yeah. pretty much figured that she is titan..

Anyways my question is.. was there a time skip? I mean in last episode they were returning to city at the end.. and now suddenly trapping Annie...?

It has been a week.
Sep 14, 2013 5:12 PM

Jul 2013
holy shiieet
Sep 14, 2013 5:15 PM

Jan 2010
OMG NO RECAP!!!

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Sep 14, 2013 5:17 PM
Jul 2013
Raiden_ said:
OMG NO RECAP!!!

I KNOW RIGHT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

Nov 2011
They were to late -.- dat ending always makes me want more :(

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Hopefully the last 2 episodes will end strong.

Jun 2013
Dat blushing DAT laugh <3
Sep 14, 2013 5:18 PM

Jan 2009
FluffyFlesh said:
mixordia said:

What?

Oh , wait!
I'm in the minority that loved Annie from the moment she appeared on the anime screen. To be honest , she should have killed more because it was delicious. Never cared of Petra and I dont give a damn about her and never did give a damn.

you are an exception ... but I'm talking about the people who were doing a lot of drama for Petra ... and now "idolizing" Annie :P people are weird.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Sep 14, 2013 5:21 PM

Jan 2012
5/5 for those 3 seconds of jean haha <3
Club Aerosol
Sep 14, 2013 5:23 PM
Feb 2013
Annie with her smile/laughter/blush was surprisingly sexy, I must say.

As for being out of character as some said...well, it *was* surprising, true. But it also sort of hinted that she reached the end of the line, and if not in a precarious mental state, then at least a fuck-it-all last stand. I guess it works both ways; the cool Annie as we know her (who would have smirked), or the cool Annie finally reaching her breaking point (who loses her usual controlled composure).

It was an ok episode. Nothing really outstanding, but then again, it needed some calm interlude after all the action-packed and emo-driven episodes we had lately. Next episode the shit will hit the fan once more, though. :-)

Hitch sure looks and acts like a nice slut. Undoubtedly she worked herself up by spreading her legs. Ah yes, sweet corruption. Works for some, but not for everyone. Then again, I wouldn't mind being an officer in the MP, in that case. ;-p
Sep 14, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
No recap at the beginning of the episode already confirmed this episode to be awesome and it sure was! That's Sugita's voice as Marlow, RIGHT?! xD Hitch is a pretty funny yet wacky character. That plan was amazing! Armin is such a genius. So Annie was the one that killed Marco and took his 3D maneuver gear. I'm sure Annie being the female titan is no big surprise to everyone, but holy hell Annie's laugh was the biggest surprise to me. She even blushed. That ring is pretty handy too. Such a great way to reveal the female titan's true identity. Annie is awesome. :)
5/5
Sep 14, 2013 5:27 PM

Apr 2009
http://i.imgur.com/I3jtpdW.jpg

Well, can she be forgiven?
Sep 14, 2013 5:27 PM
Jul 2012
Annie seems that she wanted to believe in her "friends" just like how Eren wanted to believe in Annie still which was kind of sweet. She still had to take some precautions though and it turns out her suspicions were correct. I want to see some titan Eren vs titan Annie round 2.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Sep 14, 2013 5:29 PM

May 2013
Hooray for no recap!

The Military Police seems like a great group, especially because of Hitch!

Aww, Annie respects Eren!
Eren still believes in Annie!
Eren X Annie!!

Heck yeah, it's badass Mikasa!

So Armin asks Annie for help, but in the end it was just a trap!
It has been finally revealed that Annie is the Female Titan!
Dat laugh. Dat ring. Dat Annie.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

40 by Rhaelynne »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.