Pages (82) « First ... « 75 76 [77] 78 79 » ... Last »
Jul 23, 2019 12:26 PM

Jul 2019
jecinjohnfive said:
hi
I am looking for anime with science based
other than stiens gate
code geass

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6213/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun?q=a%20certain%20scientific%20rtailgun I only read the manga for this one, but I've heard the anime is very good too. Extremely science-focused and very interesting.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38480/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Accelerator?q=a%20certain%20scientific%20acc Same series as the first recommendation, A Certain Scientific Accelerator also has a great manga and is very science-focused as well.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38691/Dr_Stone Dr. Stone is an obvious choice

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37141/Hataraku_Saibou Cells at Work may be what you're looking for, it's a comedy anime about the body and how the cells within it function. Also hilarious.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33341/Time_Travel_Shoujo__Mari_Waka_to_8-nin_no_Kagakusha-tachi I haven't personally watched this one but I've heard it's pretty good.

You know the first rule to combat? Shoot them before they shoot you.
Jul 25, 2019 2:30 PM
Dec 2018
Heyo guys, I've watched the main Fate series (stay night + zero) and searching for something similar, any ideas?
Jul 25, 2019 2:34 PM
Dec 2018
Anoo-Domini said:
can some one recommend me some anime
comedy /romance
like: Violet Evergarden or gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun

Did you try ReLIFE?
Jul 25, 2019 9:20 PM

Jan 2019
BeXyu said:
Heyo guys, I've watched the main Fate series (stay night + zero) and searching for something similar, any ideas?

The Garden of Sinners series of movies. I am watching them now and they are great (and technically in the same universe). there's also the rest of the various fate animes (Lord el Melloi case files is an excellent series out now), Tsukihime (although the VNs are far better than the anime, sad to say), and then carnival phantasm for a comedic take on all of that.
-----------------------------------------------

As for me. I am going to repost an old request I made on the forums that never got any attention and hope someone here can help me out. the request is a bit specific so thanks in advance.

So I have recently started getting into the VA Tomatsu Haruka, but unlike some of my other favorites (Kugimiya Rie for example) I've noticed that Haruka has a pretty diverse range in the type of vocal performances she gives, which makes it difficult since I am looking for a particular type of performance that i've only seen her do like 2-3 times so far.

those would be-
Her performance as Ginko Sakata in that one episode of Gintama.
her performance as Yuka Hanazawa in Beezlebub
And, to a lesser extent, her performance as Pina Co Lada in Gate.

while I would love more comedic performances in this vein, if you only know of ones where she went with that deeper type voice (like Pina in Gate), it would still be appreciated.
Jul 27, 2019 4:16 AM
Jan 2019
BeXyu said:
Anoo-Domini said:
can some one recommend me some anime
comedy /romance
like: Violet Evergarden or gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun

Did you try ReLIFE?

i already finish it
Aug 5, 2019 6:35 AM
Jul 2019
dragon ball z
Aug 10, 2019 8:47 AM

Jun 2019
I want an anime like Yakusoku no Neverland.
Do you know any?
Aug 14, 2019 4:29 AM

May 2018
I'm looking for any 12-13 episodes anime that is interesting and quite unique, what would you recommend for me?
Aug 18, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2019
kujira no kora
Sep 16, 2019 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Hello,

I would like some recommendations based on Mushishi and Natsume Yuujinchou. They're quite similar and I want to watch more of the same. Slice of life but also some fantasy and supernatural elements, you know? Something I have never seen before. You can rec also movies, OVAs and everything else you think fits this description. Comedy would be a plus, like Nichijou and Lucky Star.

Thank you!
Sep 16, 2019 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
NicOz42 said:
I'm looking for any 12-13 episodes anime that is interesting and quite unique, what would you recommend for me?

Have you seen Kemonozume? Michiko to Hatchin? Dennou Coil?
Sep 18, 2019 2:35 PM
Feb 2013
FlagCrusherTaka said:
BeXyu said:

The Garden of Sinners series of movies. I am watching them now and they are great (and technically in the same universe). there's also the rest of the various fate animes (Lord el Melloi case files is an excellent series out now), Tsukihime (although the VNs are far better than the anime, sad to say), and then carnival phantasm for a comedic take on all of that.

As for me. I am going to repost an old request I made on the forums that never got any attention and hope someone here can help me out. the request is a bit specific so thanks in advance.

So I have recently started getting into the VA Tomatsu Haruka, but unlike some of my other favorites (Kugimiya Rie for example) I've noticed that Haruka has a pretty diverse range in the type of vocal performances she gives, which makes it difficult since I am looking for a particular type of performance that i've only seen her do like 2-3 times so far.

those would be-

while I would love more comedic performances in this vein, if you only know of ones where she went with that deeper type voice (like Pina in Gate), it would still be appreciated.

Hey. I'm pretty sure you watched it already since you like Tomatsu Haruka voice acting, but anyway... Did you watch Asu no Yoichi?
Sep 18, 2019 2:42 PM

Jan 2019
zapcio said:
FlagCrusherTaka said:

those would be-

Hey. I'm pretty sure you watched it already since you like Tomatsu Haruka voice acting, but anyway... Did you watch Asu no Yoichi?

I haven't actually, thx for the recommendation
Sep 30, 2019 1:35 AM
Mar 2019
Any good anime about time travelling
Oct 4, 2019 10:33 PM

Apr 2018
nasru97 said:
Any good anime about time travelling

Steins;Gate would be the obvious choice here, so if you haven't already, be sure to check it out!
Oct 6, 2019 12:10 PM
Mar 2019
Watched it any thing eles
Oct 6, 2019 12:32 PM

Jul 2017
Suggest me series (not movie) based on this:
Oct 6, 2019 4:09 PM

Apr 2018
Romo3 said:
Suggest me series (not movie) based on this:

Going by the fact you liked Fate/Zero, you may also like Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, but going by the other anime on your list, I don't know if you will. However, since you liked One Punch Man and FMAB, you might also have fun with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, and Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven! Hopefully these suggestions help!
Oct 7, 2019 12:37 PM
Oct 2019
Waves02 said:
Hello,

I would like some recommendations based on Mushishi and Natsume Yuujinchou. They're quite similar and I want to watch more of the same. Slice of life but also some fantasy and supernatural elements, you know? Something I have never seen before. You can rec also movies, OVAs and everything else you think fits this description. Comedy would be a plus, like Nichijou and Lucky Star.

Thank you!

Based off your watched list and your request, I think you would like:

Flying Witch - it's a gentle SOL show about a young witch who moves away from home to focus on learning magic. It's been a while since I saw it, but I remember it being very relaxing and wholesome for the most part.

The Eccentric Family - I haven't seen this one myself, but I've heard good things about it and going from the entry it seems to fit your criteria.

Violet Evergarden - After the end of a war, a woman starts a new life as a letter-writer to discover what 'love' means. It's by KyoAni so beautiful animation is a given. It has a SOL vibe although it's more alternative realtiy than supernatural. It's not relaxing like Flying Witch is, as it deals with themes of PTSD and it has flashback scenes of the war.

Hope that helps!
Oct 8, 2019 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Shizuka-Suz said:

Based off your watched list and your request, I think you would like:

Flying Witch - it's a gentle SOL show about a young witch who moves away from home to focus on learning magic. It's been a while since I saw it, but I remember it being very relaxing and wholesome for the most part.

The Eccentric Family - I haven't seen this one myself, but I've heard good things about it and going from the entry it seems to fit your criteria.

Violet Evergarden - After the end of a war, a woman starts a new life as a letter-writer to discover what 'love' means. It's by KyoAni so beautiful animation is a given. It has a SOL vibe although it's more alternative realtiy than supernatural. It's not relaxing like Flying Witch is, as it deals with themes of PTSD and it has flashback scenes of the war.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot! I will be sure to watch these soon! :D
Oct 8, 2019 5:11 PM
Oct 2019
@Waves02

No problem. Happy watching! :)
Oct 11, 2019 2:41 AM
Mar 2019
Can someone recommend a comedy anime for me? It doesn't have to be over the top, and I don't mind dark comedy either.
Oct 18, 2019 3:28 AM
Oct 2019
Can you guys recommend me some Seinen/Mystery/Mature anime that are good for 18+ people?(even though im not one) Or as much as possible, same anime like goblin slayer. Thank you
Oct 25, 2019 8:15 PM
Apr 2016
@TheOneMe: For comedy:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Grand Blue
Shimoneta If you're okay with ecchi

@DonnCleofe

They might be either Seinen or Mystery or both, just fyi.
Erased
Black Lagoon
Death Note
Death Parade
The Promised Neverland
Gakkou Gurashi

Oct 26, 2019 6:24 PM

Oct 2019
SpaceCowboy444 said:
jecinjohnfive said:
hi
I am looking for anime with science based
other than stiens gate
code geass

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6213/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun?q=a%20certain%20scientific%20rtailgun I only read the manga for this one, but I've heard the anime is very good too. Extremely science-focused and very interesting.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38480/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Accelerator?q=a%20certain%20scientific%20acc Same series as the first recommendation, A Certain Scientific Accelerator also has a great manga and is very science-focused as well.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38691/Dr_Stone Dr. Stone is an obvious choice

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37141/Hataraku_Saibou Cells at Work may be what you're looking for, it's a comedy anime about the body and how the cells within it function. Also hilarious.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33341/Time_Travel_Shoujo__Mari_Waka_to_8-nin_no_Kagakusha-tachi I haven't personally watched this one but I've heard it's pretty good.

I second Cells at Work!; I found that series very entertaining.

Also, Space Brothers is a slice of life that might be worth looking into. It's a bit long at 99 episodes, but I've really enjoyed it.
Nov 1, 2019 1:00 PM
Mar 2019
Book_Lover said:
@TheOneMe: For comedy:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Grand Blue
Shimoneta If you're okay with ecchi

@DonnCleofe

They might be either Seinen or Mystery or both, just fyi.
Erased
Black Lagoon
Death Note
Death Parade
The Promised Neverland
Gakkou Gurashi

Dude, I've seen all the shows you've listed, can someone give me something else?
Nov 21, 2019 10:41 AM

Nov 2019
Hey guys new MAL user here, I just finished watching/rewatching some series (Steins;Gate, Black Lagoon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Violet Evergarden and Baccano!) and I don't really know where to go from here!

I want to broaden my horizons and watch anime that I wouldn't usually, but I'm stumped as to what to jump right into.

I don't really have an interest in Shounen stuff at this point. I've never really given Slice of Life stuff a chance, would be willing to give it a try. I've also heard the monogatari series are good but I don't really know what they're about or where to start.

I know its a bit of a broad question but any random, left field recommendations for shows in genres outside the crime/sci-fi/mystery genres?
Nov 24, 2019 6:07 AM

Nov 2019
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for short shows (12-13 eps) which become darker with the time(like madoka or steins gate) or animes with mindblowing endings. Also short shows that are not-so famous would work, So it doesn't necessarily be in the theme i put upside.

I don't care about the genre, But now i'm mostly trying to avoid the mainstream(all i watched is sort of mainstream), Because i'm new watcher and i'm trying to explore into the anime more but i don't know were to start, so i'm open to everything. Also as i said before preferably the show must be 12-12 eps but if it's doesn't goes more than 24-26 eps it's fine, But nothing too large because i don't have that much of time right now.

Thanks!
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Nov 26, 2019 2:19 AM

Aug 2018
Noxgaga said:
Hey guys new MAL user here, I just finished watching/rewatching some series (Steins;Gate, Black Lagoon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Violet Evergarden and Baccano!) and I don't really know where to go from here!

I want to broaden my horizons and watch anime that I wouldn't usually, but I'm stumped as to what to jump right into.

I don't really have an interest in Shounen stuff at this point. I've never really given Slice of Life stuff a chance, would be willing to give it a try. I've also heard the monogatari series are good but I don't really know what they're about or where to start.

I know its a bit of a broad question but any random, left field recommendations for shows in genres outside the crime/sci-fi/mystery genres?

Try the 1997 Berserk adaptation if you don't mind old things. Glad you're enjoying the Monogatari series even though you're wrong as best girl is obviously Kaiki <3. Nice to see some love for Bacanno as well.
ERMAHGERD1920Nov 26, 2019 2:27 AM
Nov 27, 2019 4:01 PM

Nov 2019
ERMAHGERD1920 said:
Noxgaga said:

Try the 1997 Berserk adaptation if you don't mind old things. Glad you're enjoying the Monogatari series even though you're wrong as best girl is obviously Kaiki <3. Nice to see some love for Bacanno as well.

Baccano has to be my favourite series, I mean I can watch it without having an existential crisis like I do watching Evangelion (Rei best girl).

Yeah, I jumped right into the Monogatari series and I've been binge-ing them. They're very weird, but the dialogue is top notch. I dunno, Meme Oshino is best girl for me. I'll definitely add Berserk to my list to watch! Thanks!
Nov 27, 2019 11:51 PM

Aug 2018
Noxgaga said:
ERMAHGERD1920 said:

Baccano has to be my favourite series, I mean I can watch it without having an existential crisis like I do watching Evangelion (Rei best girl).

Yeah, I jumped right into the Monogatari series and I've been binge-ing them. They're very weird, but the dialogue is top notch. I dunno, Meme Oshino is best girl for me. I'll definitely add Berserk to my list to watch! Thanks!

I know what you mean, Bacanno is great fun. Also, I remember really liking Meme as well but too bad he barely shows up after Bake :/
Nov 28, 2019 7:20 PM

Nov 2019
ERMAHGERD1920 said:
Noxgaga said:

I know what you mean, Bacanno is great fun. Also, I remember really liking Meme as well but too bad he barely shows up after Bake :/

oh, its a shame! Although Ougi (his niece) is an interesting character. I'm not far enough in to have figured her out, but interesting so far. As a side note I just started Nichijou as well, and its absolutely insane in a good way
Nov 28, 2019 7:23 PM

Nov 2019
PraiseTheSun123 said:
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for short shows (12-13 eps) which become darker with the time(like madoka or steins gate) or animes with mindblowing endings. Also short shows that are not-so famous would work, So it doesn't necessarily be in the theme i put upside.

I don't care about the genre, But now i'm mostly trying to avoid the mainstream(all i watched is sort of mainstream), Because i'm new watcher and i'm trying to explore into the anime more but i don't know were to start, so i'm open to everything. Also as i said before preferably the show must be 12-12 eps but if it's doesn't goes more than 24-26 eps it's fine, But nothing too large because i don't have that much of time right now.

Thanks!

I've mentioned this in one of my other comments, I'm also a new user here, but you should check out Baccano! if you haven't already. Baccano! is 13 Episodes long and is a crime/supernatural/mystery show, it deals with some gory/dark scenes but also has comedy in there as well.
Dec 2, 2019 10:47 AM
Nov 2010
Hello, I am looking for anime with Stories from Light Novels. I really like a good heart felt story. I'm looking for anime from the 90s and the 2000s, any Recommendations are appreciated even if I have seen the show.

I'm also trying to find some anime to show my wife who is not quite a anime fan but likes art and a good story as well.
Dec 2, 2019 6:42 PM
Dec 2019
Indiana_DIY said:
Hello, I am looking for anime with Stories from Light Novels. I really like a good heart felt story. I'm looking for anime from the 90s and the 2000s, any Recommendations are appreciated even if I have seen the show.

I'm also trying to find some anime to show my wife who is not quite a anime fan but likes art and a good story as well.

It's a bit on the newer side but as far as I know Violet Evergarden is based off of a light novel. It has a nice heartwarming story, plus the visuals are great as well

And here's some other recommendations since you said you liked 90s and 2000s anime:

Heroic Age
Nijuu Mensou no Musume (Daughter of 20 Faces)
Kemono no Souja Erin
Dec 2, 2019 6:45 PM
Dec 2019
Anyone have any recommendations for anime that are similar to Glass no Kamen? Just finished it and enjoyed it a ton. I've watched the 90's anime My Daddy Long Legs, which is similar to it in a way.

Also looking for any good recommendations for 2000s and below anime (mainly drama/slice of life) but any ideas are welcome :o
Dec 6, 2019 4:22 PM

Aug 2015
hi there, i'm looking for anime to watch as an "advent calendar"
any ideas?
Dec 6, 2019 9:59 PM

Oct 2019
Would love a suggestion. I'm trying to find an anime similar to Ookami to Koushinryou. I really enjoyed the aspect of trade and merchanting. Something similar with trade, traveling, merchanting, or owning a shop, etc. Thank you!
Dec 16, 2019 12:17 AM

Nov 2019
c4eaglem said:
Would love a suggestion. I'm trying to find an anime similar to Ookami to Koushinryou. I really enjoyed the aspect of trade and merchanting. Something similar with trade, traveling, merchanting, or owning a shop, etc. Thank you!

For what are you saying i would recommend Spice and Wolf, It's similar and has those characteristics that you mentioned.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Jan 2, 2020 7:43 AM

Nov 2017
@TheOneMe
Haganai i don't have many friends (watched it in english, its pretty funny)
Gamers (also watched in english)
Asobi Asobase
Excel Saga (some retro goodness)
Konosuba
Jan 2, 2020 7:45 AM

Nov 2017
was lurking in other club threads and was reminded of some retro sci fi stuff i enjoyed, for anyone interested:

Macross the movie 2
Outlaw star
Angel links (havent seen this one yet but plan to watch)
Irresponsible captain tyler (likewise plan to watch)
Lost universe
Outlanders (the manga have yet to see anime)
Jan 2, 2020 12:45 PM

Mar 2013
OtomeQ said:
Anyone have any recommendations for anime that are similar to Glass no Kamen? Just finished it and enjoyed it a ton. I've watched the 90's anime My Daddy Long Legs, which is similar to it in a way.

Also looking for any good recommendations for 2000s and below anime (mainly drama/slice of life) but any ideas are welcome :o

Try Maison Ikkoku, it's one of the best slice of life shows I've seen and it fits your criteria since it aired in the 80s.
Jan 2, 2020 1:06 PM

Mar 2013
c4eaglem said:

I tried looking through my list to see if there was something with trade at the center of the story, but unfortunately I found nothing.

However if you want to see shops and working in different facilities then I have a few recs:

Hanasaku Iroha - story about working in an inn, it is shown how inns function and it was a real fun watch.
Gin no Saji - story about Agricultural High School , it is very informative and although it doesn't really fit your request, I strongly believe you would like it :)
Working - working in a family restaurant
Udon no kuni no kiniro kemari - story about a guy inheriting an udon restaurant
sweet slice of life story which has a lot to do with running a family restaurant
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi - again a story about japanese inn, this one is set in a fantasy setting and has some romance
Ristorante Paradiso - an italian restaurant
Tamako market - this one is set in a shopping district and although the story is not focused on the market it has a lot of, let's say, trade moments? idk xD

For traveling I would highly suggest:

Mushishi
Natsume Yuujinchou
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
Mononoke
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

Hope you find something cool :)
Jan 24, 2020 10:08 AM
Jan 2020
I like Isekais and Gaming Worlds:
So im searching for something like:
-Overlord
-Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
-Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
-Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka(no isekai i know)
-Isekai Cheat Magician
-Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu
-Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
-Kenja no Mago
-Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
-Log Horizon
-SAO
-Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
-Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken

Yea look up my list bevore recomending pls. Also i recomend all these animes if you like one of thouse u will like the others.
Airing:
-Infinite Dendrogram
-Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu
schlauewurstJan 24, 2020 10:11 AM
Feb 11, 2020 10:51 AM
Dec 2011
I need some anime that's for kids only ones I know are Pokemon and digimon, its for my niece who's 1
Feb 11, 2020 11:27 AM

Oct 2019
gunslinger90 said:
I need some anime that's for kids only ones I know are Pokemon and digimon, its for my niece who's 1

Maybe Bananya. It's about cats that live in bananas (I don't know why). It's quite tame.
Feb 11, 2020 12:01 PM
Dec 2011
Digbutter64 thanks
Mar 3, 2020 10:18 AM
Feb 2020
Hi :))
Looking for violent/gory anime where you dont know who is going to die next. Like Madoka or Another.
Thank You!!!
Mar 3, 2020 1:24 PM

Nov 2007
Revynessence said:
Hi :))
Looking for violent/gory anime where you dont know who is going to die next. Like Madoka or Another.
Thank You!!!

Higurashi no naku koro ni (+ sequels except fanservice crap)
Village curse kills cute anime grills. Fits your discription perfectly and is great.

If you're into survival/death match ...

Mirai Nikki
Survival game anime. 10 (or 12) characters need to kill each other. I did not like it that much because it got overcomplicated and weird. But it gets rated very high.

Danganronpa
Would give this the same discription as mirai nikki

Btooom!
Battle royale on an island but with BOMBS
arnxxMar 3, 2020 1:32 PM
Mar 3, 2020 1:31 PM

Nov 2007
I've been looking for a while for a good longrunning shonen like Hunter X hunter. I want to see fights and fight mecanics and deep story arcs. I tried yu yu hakusho, FMA (I don't like it, sorry fans) and gintama but they don't do it for me. Too much comedy, meh story lines.

I reaaally don't want to see the annoying, spoiled teenager protagonist again.

Rurouni Kenshin could fit the bill. What do you guys think?

I know some will hate me for not liking FMA and gintama but this is just my experience. Pls.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (82) « First ... « 75 76 [77] 78 79 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.