Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 2013 11:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can feel the wind just like Botan this episode~

The episode made me hungry. I haven't ate udon in ages..
Dat star constellations. It's weird how they can be connected like connect the dots. And swimsuits too~
Stark700Sep 12, 2013 2:36 PM
Sep 12, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
Well it sort of an relaxing episode, tracing those stars and connecting them. They look pretty good on their swimsuits in the 2nd half.

Botan was funny when running through water.
omega_d94Sep 12, 2013 11:22 AM

Sep 12, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2012
Swimsuits....

And next week is off AGAIN !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 12, 2013 1:30 PM

May 2013
Seeing them as constellations lol. It seems like there is nothing that Botan can't do seeing how she's running on the water.
Sep 12, 2013 1:52 PM

Dec 2012
LOL @ the Watamote reference.
Sep 12, 2013 2:37 PM

Apr 2010
The fan service episode well at least some fan service and from the point of view since it wasn't all fan service it was a nice episode.
It was also nice to see the girls looking at stars tho not the way it was intended.
The swim pool reservation story was nice in a way.
Sep 12, 2013 4:09 PM
Aug 2013
Haha Karin you don't have to censore Hot Pot

Also constellation mode Natsuki in her house haha
Sep 12, 2013 4:37 PM

Aug 2011
lol Pokemon references for EVs and IVs xD
Also no one chooses the grass type, NOT TRUE! Chikorita ftw!

Dat ending. NAT CHAN
Sep 12, 2013 4:38 PM

Jun 2013
Pokemon, Evangelion, and Watamote references! Man I love this anime. Natsuki is soooo cute <3
Sep 12, 2013 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
Nice ending scene.
This anime sure is strange.
Sep 12, 2013 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
Now that was a great constellation joke
Sep 12, 2013 10:26 PM
Jan 2007
Hope I'm not the only one who would choose kitakubu over watamote
Sep 12, 2013 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
The seal constellation was brilliant!
Sep 12, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2012
furrball said:

Kitakubu over Watamote any day for me too!

All I can say is, Botan has SKILLS.
Sep 12, 2013 11:30 PM

Aug 2013
this week's episode is pure win xDD

dat pokemon and dragon quest V references xDD
I laughed really hard
and I did choose the rich girl over the childhood friend in dragon quest V as my bride :P

the mild fanservice is nice too :3

also constellations jokes, well that's new, at least for me xD
Sep 12, 2013 11:43 PM

Jan 2013
But that was an easy question, you choose the grass type starter (at least in the first 2 gens, and by the looks of it they referred to gen 1).
Sep 12, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2012
StyleF1re said:
furrball said:

Kitakubu over Watamote any day for me too!

All I can say is, Botan has SKILLS.

Watamote was so bad it made me drop it, so there's no doubt which one id pick.
Sep 13, 2013 1:03 AM

Mar 2012
lol@ Karin's "swearing"

Not bad for a fanservice episode. I'd definitely choose Watamote over this any day, but it's great that I don't have to make that choice :)
Sep 13, 2013 1:04 AM

Aug 2010
Gotta love the references and the pile of rubble that was once called the 4th wall. Not to mention the entire staff working on this show showed up in a short scene. Also, Sakura's little speech on freedom was surprisingly serious, didn't expect something like that in my KKK. 5/5, gonna miss this show once it's over. Not to mention we are on a break for next week...

Kitakubu > Watamote.
Sep 13, 2013 4:24 AM
Jul 2012
riku_zero said:
this week's episode is pure win xDD

dat pokemon and dragon quest V references xDD
I laughed really hard
and I did choose the rich girl over the childhood friend in dragon quest V as my bride :P

the mild fanservice is nice too :3

also constellations jokes, well that's new, at least for me xD

so it was the game reference an not an anime one, couldnt tell if they stayed on topic for even their derail (since they derailed constantly here :P) mind went to haganai for the ref (havent played dragon quest so that could be why)

Aclos said:
But that was an easy question, you choose the grass type starter (at least in the first 2 gens, and by the looks of it they referred to gen 1).

first couple of gens the grass was just easy mode for the first couple gyms, later with dual types fire became the easiest imo (fire/fighting)/(fire/flying)
Sep 13, 2013 4:39 AM
Oct 2007
Poop flavored curry or curry flavored poop lol
Sep 13, 2013 7:50 AM

Dec 2011
Green stars! And weird constellations. I knew there would be a seal one sooner or later.

Kitakubu > Watamote
Kuudere > Tsundere
Osananajimi > rich girl
Aren't they all no-brainers?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 13, 2013 8:39 AM

May 2009
"Were our skies always this full of adult content?"

Yes, Natsuki, they were.

And I agree, people had very active imaginations back in the day.

BTW, WataMote is far superior to this show. But I don't expect the brainless people who think otherwise to understand that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2013 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
Fans in Japan say that the more cultured and learned you are the more you will enjoy this anime and they are absolutely correct. It is not just game and anime in this episode, the children literature work of Miyazawa Kenji, constellations in the sky, trivia about udon in Shikoku, Rhinogradentia.... In fact the questions about how imaginative people were in naming constellations and how they looked so unlike the real thing (particularly the whale) were precisely the questions I asked when I first got into astronomy !!
symbvSep 13, 2013 9:06 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 13, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2009
symbv said:
Fans in Japan say that the more cultured and learned you are the more you will enjoy this anime and they are absolutely correct. It is not just game and anime in this episode, the children literature work of Miyazawa Kenji, constellations in the sky, trivia about udon in Shikoku, Rhinogradentia....

While that's true, I do think this show just does a poor job at delivering some of the jokes. Most shows of this kind were good, because they somehow managed to make a joke work without having to explain the reference behind it.

In fact the questions about how imaginative people were in naming constellations and how they looked so unlike the real thing (particularly the whale) were precisely the questions I asked when I first got into astronomy !!

Ditto. It's what eventually got me interested in Greek mythology.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2013 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
Also the part with Sakura unraveling the secrets of freedom by the pool. She went full Jean Paul Sartre for the latter half.

Loved this episode.
Sep 13, 2013 2:58 PM

Jun 2013
watamote!!!!
Sep 13, 2013 4:04 PM

Mar 2013
Why ais everyone talking baout WataMote in the Kitakubu chat? I just don't get it! I like both shows people have different opinion don't try to force yours on to everybody else!
Sep 13, 2013 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
RetardedSeal said:
Why ais everyone talking baout WataMote in the Kitakubu chat? I just don't get it! I like both shows people have different opinion don't try to force yours on to everybody else!

Hum, did you watch the episode? There was a scene where they were talking about choices in life, and one of them was "Watamote or Kitakubu". So it does make sense to discuss it here, just like some are telling which Pokemon type they chose, or if they went for the rich girl or the childhood friend in Dragon Quest V.
Sep 13, 2013 7:23 PM

Nov 2012
This anime is pretty bad, but this episode gets bonus points for mentioning Watamote lol
Sep 14, 2013 10:04 AM

Jul 2009
if you dont like it - dont watch it. easy choice.

edit: is everyone going to ignore the free! reference? ^^
animehobbitSep 14, 2013 10:26 AM
Sep 14, 2013 5:44 PM

Aug 2010
animehobbit said:
if you dont like it - dont watch it. easy choice.

I thought I was the only one who noticed. xD
Sep 16, 2013 6:53 PM

May 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Green stars! And weird constellations. I knew there would be a seal one sooner or later.

Kitakubu > Watamote
Kuudere > Tsundere
Osananajimi > rich girl

I'm not sure about the Kuudere one, but the others I'm behind 100%

This show is hilarious, one of the most hilarious shows I've seen in my life. there were some jokes I just couldn't get, but that doesn't make the show bad for me, it just means I need to learn more.
Sep 16, 2013 10:29 PM

May 2013
RafaRuizdeLira said:
Also the part with Sakura unraveling the secrets of freedom by the pool. She went full Jean Paul Sartre for the latter half.

Loved this episode.

While I wouldn't normally consider the coverage of such a topic "profound" in any old anime (I guess I would even say it would be a boring or trite topic for many series types), it was hilariously substantial to see it in a CGDCT show. [not sure if I worded that right, but you get the idea...]
Sep 17, 2013 12:20 AM

May 2009
RetardedSeal said:

This is why: http://i.imgur.com/cIsNXuUl.jpg

It's obviously one of many shout-outs, but for many people the choice is quite clear, probably because Kitakubu is light-hearted, while WataMote is the exact opposite.
Sep 19, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2012
This episode was totally hilarious. I love the jokes and their conversations.

"did the staff only go location hunting locally?" LMAO

I also love Sakura's thought about freedom, and the constellation scene was funny as hell

kuuderes_shadow said:

Kitakubu > Watamote
Kuudere > Tsundere
Osananajimi > rich girl

usually i'd go for Tsundere, but on this case i'd choose Ayanami over Shikinami all the time. And i agree with your choices.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 19, 2013 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
AO968 said:
symbv said:
Fans in Japan say that the more cultured and learned you are the more you will enjoy this anime and they are absolutely correct. It is not just game and anime in this episode, the children literature work of Miyazawa Kenji, constellations in the sky, trivia about udon in Shikoku, Rhinogradentia....
While that's true, I do think this show just does a poor job at delivering some of the jokes. Most shows of this kind were good, because they somehow managed to make a joke work without having to explain the reference behind it.
Hmm... I don't think this show explains its reference. Jokes will only work if you possess the necessary knowledge to see the humor behind them. If it uses some jokes that are unfamiliar to people who are not learned about Japanese culture and thus have to be explained to them about the references, it is not a fault for the show. It is just mismatch between the audience and the show. I for one is glad that it never tries to explain its references. If I did not know the reference, I just treat it as yet another opportunity to learn about Japanese culture and language, and hopefully next time when another joke on the same topic comes I can laugh about it.

Sep 19, 2013 2:00 PM

Oct 2012
Symbv said:
If I did not know the reference, I just treat it as yet another
opportunity to learn about Japanese culture and language,
and hopefully next time when another joke on the same topic
comes I can laugh about it.

Well said. This is a challenging show. There is a lot of very interesting stuff that you
can dig up if you watch really closely. As for myself, I have limited knowledge of
Japanese legends, ancient Japanese poetry and modern Japanese literature too.
However, who could have guessed that this show requires knowledge of German
poetry and classical music as well as the ancient fables of Aesop? The writers really
used their imagination and they seem to be well-educated people. I can re-watch
the old episodes and not feel bored. Even though Kitakubu has not been such a
mega-hit, I hope that every member of this team will be involved in creating more
high-quality work.
Sep 20, 2013 12:19 PM

Feb 2012
Was the next ep delayed again?

Jeez..
Sep 20, 2013 3:33 PM

Oct 2012
On this page, http://www.ntv.co.jp/kitakubu/story/index.html you can see on the
left that Episode 10 will be broadcasted on Thursday, September 26th. So, yes,
they did take a one-week break. No reason has been announced anywhere that I
have checked.
Sep 20, 2013 10:43 PM

Feb 2012
okanagan said:
On this page, http://www.ntv.co.jp/kitakubu/story/index.html you can see on the
left that Episode 10 will be broadcasted on Thursday, September 26th. So, yes,
they did take a one-week break. No reason has been announced anywhere that I
have checked.
That's what, 3 weeks now?

I haven't seen this many delays before :(
Sep 20, 2013 11:46 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah, so far three episodes have been delayed. Weird.

2013.07.04 放送 #1
2013.07.11 放送 #2
-- missed a week --
2013.07.25 放送 #3
2013.08.01 放送 #4
2013.08.08 放送 #5
2013.08.15 放送 #6
-- missed a week --
2013.08.29 放送 #7
2013.09.05 放送 #8
2013.09.12 放送 #9
-- missed a week --
2013.09.26 放送 #10

放送 = hōsō = broadcast

It's pretty strange. Even so, I don't mind at all since I think that each new
episode is golden and well worth the wait. This season, this is the one anime
series that I feel desperate to see each week.

By the way, I have no issue whatsoever with the quality of the voice acting.
I know that a lot of other people have complained about the voice actresses.
I am not saying that those opinions are wrong, since I respect people who
have better "ears" to judge good and bad voice acting. However, my point
would be just that I doubt that a significant number of people have actually
dropped this series primarily because they didn't like the voice acting.

There is something else that is really, really weird. Within the past 24 hours,
somebody sent out 33 official tweets from the Kitakubu Twitter account. That
is an unusually large number.

https://twitter.com/kitakubu_info

One of those tweets mentioned something about Episode #11. Amazingly,
it turns out that . . .
okanaganSep 21, 2013 12:09 AM
Sep 21, 2013 3:35 AM

Oct 2009
I miss the going home club :(
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 22, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2012
A very distinctive feature of Kitakubu is that they post a fairly detailed summary
of next week's episode. In fact, they always do this a full week in advance. So
it is possible to have a fairly clear picture of what the episode is going to be
about. The summaries are in Japanese, and here is the one for Episode 10:
http://www.ntv.co.jp/kitakubu/story/story10.html

I have never seen anything like this. At most, other anime series will show a few
still preview frames or perhaps a very short "trailer". In the case of Kitakubu,
this can be pretty useful. For example, in Episode 5 there was that segment
about the "Demon King" chasing the father and his son through the forest. The
episode summary gave me a full week to figure out what that old legend was
about. I had never heard of it. Call me poorly-educated.

My Japanese, is poor, but I can read enough to see that there are some exciting
things coming up in this week's episode.

Let's hope for some OVA's, a second season and a movie.

Here is the OP (long version), including the lyrics in English, Japanese and Thai.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nufEFLDKsFA
okanaganSep 22, 2013 7:58 PM
Sep 24, 2013 9:19 PM

Aug 2011
New ep soon pls....
Oct 11, 2013 9:21 AM

Oct 2012
Lol poor grass type
Ofc Ayanami!! (Rei) Kuudere FTW! But Asuka is adorable too ah can't decide xD
Sorry, but Watamote!!!

Quote of the day : "You don't have to censor 'repeating'! "
Censoring all things are funny(even if it doesn't need to) xD
Oh even ancient people knew about cups size =="

Natsuki-chan of the dead xD
Wow I just love that sloppy ending :)

AnimeFanWhoDied said:
animehobbit said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed. xD

I thought it's really freestyle swim.. Well Free is about swimming so.. yeah thank you for reminding me of it xD

Choroshi said:

kuuderes_shadow said:

Kitakubu > Watamote
Kuudere > Tsundere
Osananajimi > rich girl

usually i'd go for Tsundere, but on this case i'd choose Ayanami over Shikinami all the time. And i agree with your choices.

Watamote > Kitakubu :)
Well, I love both Tsun & Kuu...
Ojou-sama > Osananajimi (because almost every childhood friend get friendzoned)
"Signature removed"
Oct 21, 2013 2:48 PM

May 2012
Pretty random and fan serviced episode, lets see what's next!
Nov 3, 2013 3:14 PM

Oct 2012
They managed to put so much into this episode! First Udon, then trip to onsen, stargazing, Natsuki brother and then pool party :) And again, there were some hillarious references :D

Now I just wonder why they did those first few episodes so boring.
Nov 29, 2013 10:25 PM

May 2013
Dem references, like Pokemon and Watamote.

Lol at copyright, the stars, the fanservice, Botan walking on water, and the ending.

It was a nice episode, overall.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 19, 2014 8:03 AM
May 2012
I feel so sleepy while watching this episode, but not because this episode was boring, probably because I am tired from school =_=

Awesome references as always and I am starting to find Natsuki really cute :3

I want some Udon!!!!!! Nice fan service and that freedom speech was kinda interesting ahahaha.

Mini-theater was funny.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

44 by N_Hawke »»
Mar 22, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

173 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 15, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

58 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 5, 2022 6:22 AM

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

60 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 4, 2022 8:11 AM

Poll: » Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

36 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 3, 2022 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.