Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Honestly, I think that doctor is going way too far with his plans now. "Yatta!" Pfft.

Poor Maria ;.;

My favorite parts this episode is when Tsubasa kicked ass again on her bike. That bike is glorious. About damn time they team up against Chris now. Tsubasa's fight against Chris was also decent I guess.
Sep 12, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
At first I thought the doctor is the mid-level boss, but it seems he will be the last boss?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 12, 2013 12:31 PM
Aug 2012
all i heard was the duet that somebody made they combined kiri and shiri's character songs together LOL THEY ACTALLY SUNG IT
Sep 12, 2013 3:11 PM

Apr 2008
Official Kirika x Shirabe duet version :D
So, another CD with this version and jinx song (Orbital Beat) for second track :)

Dr. Ver (to Maria): when I come back, lets think about how to replenish human's population
Sitting tight waiting for the next Comiket.

- There's still one Gungnir left for Hibiki to use.

- With Shirabe saying same thing as Fine, opening possibility that Kirika is a red herring.

- A little disappointed, no cliffhanger this episode
nseikaSep 12, 2013 6:25 PM
Sep 12, 2013 6:32 PM

Sep 2008
Once again Tsubasa kick arse this episode still mad at Chris and Maria needs to stop being so damn fickle.

nseika said:

- With Shirabe saying same thing as Fine, opening possibility that Kirika is a red herring.

I noticed on 4chan someone said Shirabe has Finé soul while Kirika has her powers. Also someone else said Shirabe has the good part of Finé soul while Kirika has the dark half of it.

Both kinda make sense in my opinion but guess well find out who really did inherited her soul.
Sep 12, 2013 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
Felt scammed (again) with the obvious hints that Shirabe has Fine's memories.

Well, Tsubasa didn't seemed like she needed the helmet when she rode the bike.... She had it on for, seconds? LOL

And the Shul Shagana x Igalima duet!! Been waiting for it since forever!
~Bokura wa deau tameni koko e umare ochita
Toki wo tsumugu tashikana uta ni michibikare habataku yo~
Sep 12, 2013 11:23 PM

Apr 2013
The doctor is pure OMGWTF. Face expressions!
I'm still loving the time when he's a hobo/on the verge of death.
Sep 13, 2013 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
Huh, I called Hibiki's power loss.
I didn't really expect her to become a normal human again, after all that hybrid stuff.

Oh well.
The show seems almost like it's going for an ending where Hibiki is normal again, living normal life with no fighting or whatever.
I kinda hope that they don't go that route though.
Sep 13, 2013 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
Let's be honest.. anyone else notice Ver's arm turned normal for a while around 11:30? there's actually quite a lot of flaws in this ep.. for example, Kirika's transforming sequence seems to be lacking a few frames when she starts.. and the Noises this ep seems to be extra derpy? But maybe I love this series so much until I am expecting too much from it.. please don't be mad at me guys. :'(

To the production team, this is no time to slack! >< Keep up with the quality, don't waste all the early efforts putting into this series in the last few episodes! I really love this series a lot! <3
Sep 13, 2013 12:00 PM

Dec 2011
Zaraquiel99 said:
But if i'm correct (and Hibiki's theory is correct) and that laser actually frees miku, it should also erase all the relic shards in her body... right??

Aaaanyway. Maybe i'm just thinking too much.

Huh? I was right??... surprise surprise.

winter_mint said:
Let's be honest.. anyone else notice Ver's arm turned normal for a while around 11:30? there's actually quite a lot of flaws in this ep.. for example, Kirika's transforming sequence seems to be lacking a few frames when she starts.. and the Noises this ep seems to be extra derpy?

Yeah i saw that too and whent O.o?
Zaraquiel99Sep 13, 2013 12:05 PM
Sep 13, 2013 12:06 PM

May 2013
I somehow had a feeling that the blast would destroy the fragments inside Hibiki.
Sep 13, 2013 12:14 PM
Sep 2012
Again, some modification in the opening.

Wow, fight scenes with Kirika x Shirabe duet were so good.

Go go Hibiki, befriend Maria and steel her Black Gungnir she doesn't need it lol

Doctor Ver, dat mad scientist.
KionysSep 13, 2013 12:20 PM
Sep 13, 2013 12:18 PM
Aug 2012
._. OST I SHALL DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE THING <3 THAT DUET
Sep 13, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Wow...another brilliant episode O_o

It's obvious that Chris had an ulterior motive and I think we'll get the full extent of it nxt ep. Well it was pretty clear since she shot Tsubasa in a non fatal place.

Dr's faces are soooo hilarious XDXDXD Sugita is enjoying this role quite a lot hahaha.

Let's see how Hibiki will save Maria. I'm guessing the fact that both are gungnir's will have a role to play here.
Sep 13, 2013 4:22 PM
Oct 2012
http://i.imgur.com/QCM0TFW.jpg

The duet was awesome. Great episode as always.
Sep 13, 2013 5:51 PM

Apr 2008
FlamingYu said:
Best thing about Dr. Ver :)

At this point though, what good will it be for Chris to take away the Infinite Cannonfodder Work (Solomon's sceptre).

On the Shirabe might be Fine's part, now since Kirika's single (and official lyrics) is released already, has anyone examined the lyrics of Shul Shagana and Igalima ?
nseikaSep 13, 2013 6:33 PM
Sep 13, 2013 7:20 PM

Apr 2013
It's amazing how little sense this show continues to make. Why did they have to commit acts of terrorism if all they wanted to do was bring the Frontier up from the ocean? Why did they even need the noise at all? Why can absolutely none of the characters understand that Ver is evil? Why would you need to be a terrorist group to stop the moon from hitting the earth? Why is the moon going to hit the earth? Why would Chris switch sides based on ideology when it's completely unclear as to what the enemy's ideology actually is? Since Chris is most likely faking her betrayal to infiltrate the enemy, why wouldn't she tell anyone? I know it's a show about singing magical girls, but why is the writing so hazy? The first season had the exact same problem. If you can't make your plot coherent, just make it less complicated.
Sep 13, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2010
You know... if there's one thing Symphogear is good at... it's dropping the ball. I just... *deep sigh*

Words just cannot express my disappointment with how this show's been handled. Curdles my stomach just thinking about it.

I dunno... maybe I'll skim the last couple episodes. Other than that though... I think I'm just gonna have to wash my hands of Symphogear entirely.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Sep 13, 2013 11:59 PM

Jun 2011
The fight scenes were really good this episode.

Whats up with Maria being so fickle? You got betrayed by Ver so gear up and freaking kill him.

Knew the character songs for Shirabe and Kirika were quite similar, just didnt expect them to combine them. Guess the duet of those two will be released after Miku's one
Sep 14, 2013 2:35 AM

Feb 2011
Too much plot.
Sep 14, 2013 2:47 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder when Hibiki will transform again. Methinks the "last hope" thing will play a part on her regaining her powers.
Hmm. I find Maria's character weak. Too much insecurity and self-loathing.
And of course, Chris is just a distraction and is still an ally working as a double agent. And the implied part of Fine being inside Shirabe is interesting. Maybe Maria also harbors a fragment after all.

Oh yeah, and they can't just destroy the Moon, since that would also destroy all life on Earth anyway. Unless they ignore physics or introduce plot device that will "fix" it. So it's something that will somehow push it back and put back on its natural orbit, hopefully.
Sep 14, 2013 8:26 AM

May 2013
Wait, so the doctor that kills schoolchildren, turns the Noise loose on a building full of tourists, performs experiments on helpless prisoners, and occasionally laughs like a gd lunatic is actually not looking out for everybody's best interests? That really came out of nowhere. It's no surprise, really, that Maria didn't see that one coming. Right? Right?!
Sep 14, 2013 9:13 AM
Sep 2013
no cliffhanger =v=
Sep 14, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, this anime has so many plot twists.
Getting a little bit too complex for my tastes
Sep 14, 2013 6:05 PM

Sep 2010
meh-est of the episodes so far

"dude, remember all those awesome cliffhangers of last week? yeah nothing really happens with either so screw you" that's the feeling i get from it

and Maria is one of THE most disappointing chars ever... all that bravado and badassery of eps 1-3 stayed in eps 1-3
Sep 14, 2013 6:16 PM

Feb 2013
Now we know Chris wasn't trying to kill Tsubasa. She seems to be doing the double-agent thing on her own though.

I'm sad... they told me I won't get to see Miku transform :(

Dr. Ver wants to make babies with Maria.
Sep 15, 2013 3:20 AM

Jul 2008
Aww man, Miku no longer has her awesome gear :( Chris will join back the team sooner or later and it looks like Shirabe could be Fine with a few hints in this episode.
ShanaFlameSep 15, 2013 4:04 AM
Sep 15, 2013 4:28 AM

Dec 2011
I like this series, but... that shitty quality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2011
Hikibi has delightful breasts ... pity she doesn't seem to have any nipples. Does anyone else find breasts without nipples kinda creepy?

The story does seem to be turning into a clusterfuck here at the end. It is rather crazy that the villains continue to work with the Dr, even after he already betrayed them. Maybe he's the only one who knows how to operate the Frontier's technology, though he used it to accelerate the Moon's fall instead of pushing it further away.

AsherFischell said:
... Why is the moon going to hit the earth?

I'm pretty sure they answered this one, it's because Fine blew off a chunk of the moon and tried a Colony Drop with it ... that didn't work but it knocked the moon off its orbit and started it spiraling down towards the Earth.
Sep 16, 2013 4:26 AM

Apr 2009
I agree with previous posts, the plot really took a turn for the worst in the past few episodes. The actions of Chris, Maria and a lot of other characters are hard to understand.

And I feel betrayed because I didn't get my Miku non-brainwash gear fight :(
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 16, 2013 6:32 PM

Jul 2009
The amount of things making sense in this anime is below absolute zero. :'>

I just kept going "What... What the fuck..." the entire episode. :'>
Sep 17, 2013 2:01 AM

Dec 2007
Yes, the "plot" has been in a grand death spiral for a few episodes now. Yes, they keep running cliffhangers that go nowhere. But seriously, should anybody be even remotely surprised at all that? These are things that permeated the first series as well, and it succeeded enough to garner a second. Thus, while many may hate, it worked for them once, and you know the saying about what NOT to do if it ain't broke.

That being said, Ver was the second best thing here (first being the duet). That guy keeps cracking me up with his sheer lunacy. Last action hero? How can he be any of those words other than "last?" And I have to admit, he seems to be bottom feeding on his choice of a "repopulation tool." I'd put Maria near or at the bottom in almost every category I care about.
Sep 25, 2013 1:44 AM

Jun 2012
winter_mint said:
Let's be honest.. anyone else notice Ver's arm turned normal for a while around 11:30?
I noticed that as well.

The plot never really made much sense but I watch this for the action and the amazing soundtrack.
Sep 27, 2013 5:38 PM

Apr 2011
I predict Maria will give her Gungnir to the MC
Oct 10, 2013 6:36 PM

May 2012
Pretty epic action and development, I like where this is going!
Oct 20, 2013 9:30 AM

Jun 2008
FlamingYu said:
I'm still loving the time when he's a hobo/on the verge of death.

The doctor was again marvelous with more crazy faces and lines like "last action hero" and "let's discuss how we can contribute to earth's repopulation(he wants a piece of that ass)"
His calm and crazy faces switch is such a blast.
The guy is almost as fan to watch as the beautiful asses of the girls while fighting in their symphogear outfits(btw that Tsubasa vs Chris fight was really fap worthy).

AsherFischell said:
It's amazing how little sense this show continues to make. Why did they have to commit acts of terrorism if all they wanted to do was bring the Frontier up from the ocean? Why did they even need the noise at all? Why can absolutely none of the characters understand that Ver is evil? Why would you need to be a terrorist group to stop the moon from hitting the earth? Why is the moon going to hit the earth? Why would Chris switch sides based on ideology when it's completely unclear as to what the enemy's ideology actually is? Since Chris is most likely faking her betrayal to infiltrate the enemy, why wouldn't she tell anyone? I know it's a show about singing magical girls, but why is the writing so hazy? The first season had the exact same problem. If you can't make your plot coherent, just make it less complicated.

This show is all about being an entertaining mess, you should have realized that by now.

ErwinJA said:
I'd put Maria near or at the bottom in almost every category I care about.

Oh!come on. She has a really good body. You would prefer the loli instead or the old woman? From the girls available to him she's the best option. Her face and body are damn hot as hell. Don't tell me you another lolicon.
MonadOct 20, 2013 9:41 AM
Oct 18, 2014 1:36 PM

Feb 2014
Yay Hibiki didn't actually die and Miku is saved! And of course Hibiki would go with Shirabe to fight against the Fine gang because Hibiki can "hold their hands".

Dr. Ver is like, the epitome of a mad scientist atm. He deserves a medal.

Also, since Chris hasn't given the Fine gang a reason why she joined them, and because she could have easily left Tsubasa dead but course to keep her alive, I'm thinking Chris is playing the "I'm pretending to be on your side but at the last moment I'm gonna 'betray you' and help out my friends" role. I sure hope so ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2013
How did Dr.Ver become a doctor? He's completely nuts! Some good fight this episode. Kirika and Shirabe are fight and Chris and Tsubasa too. What will you do Maria and Hibiki. I really like the ED. Good episode.
Jul 1, 2015 11:37 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!!

It's kinda cheap how Hibiki was healed because of Miku's beam.

Never expected to see Chris vs Tsubasa once again!!! They have to show that Chris is just bluffing. No way in hell she throw all that way just for some random place that may or may not even save earth.

That hand though!! This Dr. is fucking crazy as hellL!! Yatta!!! Lol Sugita-san XD

Shirabe vs Kirika! Never thought to see the day!!

I hope to see more Maria action soon!!

Can't fucking wait for the last two episodes!! I have a feeling Madam will sacrifice herself to save Earth.
Jul 10, 2015 5:30 AM

Dec 2013
Really now?

The character that spends literally his entire screen-time acting like an insane megalomaniac turns out to be ... an insane megalomaniac!

WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN THIS HEELTURN?!

urgh, this fucking show.
Jul 23, 2015 5:16 PM

Feb 2015
Crazy episode, Hibiki and Miku are both back to normal, Chris deflects, the doctor and his crazy face, Shirabe is Fine?

I'm starting to get confused.
Jul 4, 2017 7:28 PM

Dec 2012
Idk how Chris can keep up in combat with Tsubasa. She's very weak up close lol.

They let Hibiki go as a normal human into a death trap. No one even questions it. I wouldn't mind such retarded decisions if at least 1-2 characters were like "no way, that's a bad idea". At least that would give the show some much needed feeling that things will go wrong, even if ultimately they don't.

Everything is far too obvious and convenient but whatever (This relic beam happens to remove relics! Hibiki is now healed and received no extra damage from the beam! Symphogear wear was a factor in the former episodes, the girls would get tired after a bit, but now they stay on it for like entire episodes with no problem!). Anyway, this show never tried to make sense lol, just having fun with it.

Would've been way better if Miku had secondary effects, Tsubasa showed signs of being tired, Hibiki saying something like "I got a plan", and less plot conveniences such as Elixir That Will Allow Me To Use Frontier's Main Panel. That Linker in general has to be the one of the biggest plot devices I've ever seen.
InfatuateJul 4, 2017 7:33 PM

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jul 4, 2017 8:24 PM

May 2015
Infatuate said:

This is explained in the Symphogear G OVA, assuming that you get the reference of course...
Nov 4, 2018 7:46 AM

May 2016
At first I thought the doctor is the mid-level boss, but it seems he will be the last boss?
Nov 4, 2018 7:46 AM

May 2016
Tarotist said:
Infatuate said:

This is explained in the Symphogear G OVA, assuming that you get the reference of course...

It's like a Soap Opera + Slice of Life = Joles and giggles.
Apr 16, 2020 1:12 PM

May 2016
Honestly, I think that doctor is going way too far with his plans now. "Yatta!" Pfft.

Poor Maria ;.;

My favorite parts this episode is when Tsubasa kicked ass again on her bike. That bike is glorious. About damn time they team up against Chris now. Tsubasa's fight against Chris was also decent I guess.
May 8, 2021 6:49 AM

Feb 2020
The main villain is again lame and annoying. This season suffers from the same problem with the first season.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:48 AM
May 11, 2021 1:25 PM

Nov 2016
Kill mankind to save mankind.

We got the final pairings, makes sense that Chris went over.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2023 8:56 AM

Nov 2010
I like Dr. Vex's plan. So, he wants to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet using Maria and the other girls. That's my kind of plan if I were given the chance. I'll screw Maria & Tsubasa so much! Hehe

Is Kirika truly aware of Dr. Vex's plans? Or by saying that she wants to leave evidence of herself behind, she means her offspring with Dr. Vex in repopulating a cleansed Earth? Hehe

I like the fight between Tsubasa and Chris. I got a good view of their delicious armpits, boobs, and ass!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Jul 4, 2013

100 by Hibiki2134 »»
Sep 18, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

92 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 2:20 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 5, 2013

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:05 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 12, 2023 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.