Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sep 11, 2013 4:37 PM
Hello All,

I am watching season one right now, I like the story so far but man.. the CG is HORRIBLE, I really can't stand it..

Is season 2 the same thing in terms of art and cg usage?

do you recommend me to finish it or will it be the same in season 2?

Thanks all <3

Sep 11, 2013 4:56 PM

Finish it! :)

Season 1's story only gets better as it progresses and the CG, improved yet noticeably poor in later episodes (IMO), is overshadowed by the rich content and some better use of 2D. Season 2 contains very little CG and is advancing the story.

I nearly dropped Kingdom after the first few episodes because of the CG. I hate to even imagine what a mistake I would have made :)

Sep 13, 2013 4:15 PM

If CG was a big problem for you in the 1st season, you'll be very pleased with the 2nd.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Sep 13, 2013 10:44 PM
Agreed, the story great. Well, how the director explains it. It's an amazing anime to be honest.

Sep 14, 2013 7:45 AM
yes it will be.
don't let the CG fool you, i also have the same problem at the beginning though I did get used to it and improved a lot while the series is going on and you will not notice it in a later episodes.
Lastly, this anime really does lack in CG and yet I considered it one of the best anime of all time because the flow of it's story and the characters development.

Sep 14, 2013 12:09 PM
Just started season 2 and it's far better than season 1 already. The art is not as good imo this time around (somewhat sloppy actually) but the animation has gotten rid of or at least minimized the terrible cg.

The story and characters are better too with "greater meaning and purpose" thus far. Character development in general is also very solid, which is something that was seriously lacking in its prequel.