Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 20, 2014 4:26 AM

Jan 2013
That was painful, poor Minorin, I hope she gets an happy ending.
Dec 11, 2014 9:00 AM

Dec 2013
I actually don't care so much about the relationships because everybody seems so confused about who they have feelings for and how to confess or not.

What I really liked was how 'good Taiga' was thinking about those orphans that she worked with at her during volunteer work at her old school, and how she just wanted to to let them know someone was watching over them. Even though she was giving gifts just because of the season, it was a really nice gesture. ^_^
Feb 19, 2015 1:35 PM

Dec 2009
Minorin has something really bad going on. Ryuuji is doing his best, but like baka chi said, even he doesn't understand himself.
Mar 10, 2015 3:50 PM

Dec 2014
Judging by the all episodes I've watched so far, the best girl out of the bunch and most suitable girl for Ryuuji is clearly Ami. It's painful to watch how not only he fails to see that, he also still blindly puts distance to her.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

May 15, 2015 11:36 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Sooooo let me make a few statments (my opinion):

I hoped the story-plotline wouldn't evolve the way it's going now. I think I now what the ending will be like, and tbh I am sort of really disappointed.

The hype about the Christmas Tree was ... a wtf moment. At first I was thinking about an AMAZING christmas tree ... like TREE. When I saw it, I was speachless. I mean, come on ... that's not a Christmas tree. Thats some iron with lights :/

I sort of dislike and then again like Ami. I just don't really get her position in the Anime. At the beginning she had some kind of role, but now it seems more and more like a supporting char. So why is she in the OP and ED?! (that I dislike, like said in disc. 17)

Not many episodes left. So I don't think I will drop the Anime now, but ... still disappointed. It starts to be a pain to watch this anime :/
They changed totally "target". From happy school life comedy to big time drama baby. Sort of strange to me.

If it ends as I think I may or may not watch the OVA & Co.
I will let surprise myself about that.

May 22, 2015 7:45 PM

Oct 2013
Yiuumii said:
They changed totally "target". From happy school life comedy to big time drama baby. Sort of strange to me.

The show got better when it became more dramatic, IMO.

Pretty enjoyable episode. Like everyone else, it felt like my heart stopped for a brief moment when Minorin's ball came crashing through the window and Taiga's star broke.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 25, 2015 11:13 PM

Jan 2014
Twinkuru Twinkuru lillu star
How i wonder whatwu a
Up above the wald so hiii
Like ua diamond in the sky hiii
Twinkuru Twinkuru lillu star
How i wonder whatwu a
Sep 14, 2015 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, this time Ami was spot on when talking about his problem of pretending to be Taiga's dad. She really is so mature and empathic woman, this is the ability that even many adults don't have. And saying she loves him secretly hoping he would hear hear silent voice. Conversation-wise that scene was just brilliant. Ami is really the best character of this show.

Minorin still running away, ah, there really is not much to her character to tell I guess, eh? Or are they pushing her confession further and further deliberately because they don't want to trigger point of no return early on? Still, repeating this again and again... I don't think it adds anyting to the story.

Taiga's story about Santa and her attendance of catholic school where she was helping orphans sure added another level to her character (rather conveniently to make her look good but well). It's clear that she is warming towards Takasu showing him her dere side more and more.

But the drama in the end.. wut? It was obvious something was gonna happen after his words that "Everyone would be happy and rewarded" cause that was certain flag... but this? Like small ball could tip over tree this huge! That was very lame o_O And for Kushieda to be a culprit... well, certainly another story convenience for her. I just wonder who gave that star to Taiga as it seems it was so precious to her. But it seems it wasn't as precious as their broken friendship to her.

At least it triggered their talk afterwards when Ryuuji told her to come to the party. She will be definitely coming next time, even if they have to drag her there in the end. I'm really curious how this stale-mate resolves.
Dec 14, 2015 9:12 AM

Nov 2014
A drama filled episode which I really enjoyed. I felt bad for Minorin, I would be mortified!
Feb 26, 2016 7:21 AM
Dec 2014
christmas boring party preparation episode
Feb 26, 2016 7:22 AM
Dec 2014
christmas boring party preparation episode
May 23, 2016 9:05 PM

Aug 2007
Ami the "realest" person in the show
Jun 28, 2016 8:02 PM
Mar 2015
VampShadow said:
Defiance said:

Me too :D I want Ryuuji x Taiga!!!!

Ryuuji X Taiga was going to happen from the start. ANYONE with a different ship are going to have there dreams CRUSHED.

*Sees star get destroyed by Minori*
"And it was that moment Minori knew.... She f'd up.
Vaiketime2025Jun 28, 2016 8:05 PM
Oct 8, 2016 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
I can never get invested in this kind of drama, it always comes across as dumb.
Nov 1, 2016 5:53 PM
Dec 2015
Vaiketime2025 said:
VampShadow said:

Me too :D I want Ryuuji x Taiga!!!!

Ryuuji X Taiga was going to happen from the start. ANYONE with a different ship are going to have there dreams CRUSHED.

*Sees star get destroyed by Minori*
"And it was that moment Minori knew.... She f'd up.
no plz I want Ami x ryuuji D:
Nov 2, 2016 5:00 AM

Jan 2016
JESUUUUS FUCKIN CHRIST i swear watching this melodrama shit is fuckin torture
Nov 6, 2016 5:27 AM

Aug 2013
New OP song is boring. ED is OK,but firs one was better too.

I'm starting to like Taiga more and more.
Great episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 26, 2016 3:13 PM

Nov 2015

Ok, at this point of the story I'm willing to admit that Ami may really like Ryuuji. But I still think it started out from a whim. The things she said to him in the gym closet... they were kinda true but she still said it from the perspective of also getting him for her, that's why she said to him in the end to forget everything she said.

When the tree fell.... wow... that carried impact! It was just an accident but what an accident it was. In the end Ryuuji put a good pair of pants and stepped on to comfort Minori by "not helping her". I want to know more about their issue.

Oh! He said he will wait for her! Nice!
Dec 23, 2016 8:44 AM

Dec 2014
I just want Yuri Sensei to be happy. I don't care for any of these side characters like Taiga and Ryuuji when there's best girl Yuri Sensei to root for.
May 9, 2017 3:38 AM

Feb 2013
I want to see Minori laugh again, I don't like her depressed side.
Nov 23, 2017 3:13 AM

May 2016
I really love Minori she is so cheerful despite that pain inside of her she still smiles ;-;
Feb 11, 2018 2:36 PM

Sep 2017
There were a few shipping points for Taiga and Minori this episode, but more so for Ami.

I'll be happy with a Ryuuji x Taiga ending, which is obviously coming, but at this point I'm hoping for more Ami character development and for Ryuuji to be a bit less oblivious when she's actually being genuine
Oct 9, 2018 2:46 PM

Nov 2011
This was a good episode, but the goodness of the episode isn’t what I wanted to comment on.

During the ED I felt a feeling I haven’t felt since my childhood, a really interesting warm sort of longing. Kinda hard to describe, but yeah. It’s interesting since I’m better able to reflect on it now. Hmm.

Anyway, Minorin’s development here is still kind of eh, but I liked the episode overall.

Taiga’s thoughts on Christmas were pretty cool. I had forgotten that.
May 11, 2019 8:51 AM

Aug 2017
Minorin needs to confess to Ryuuji...

At least Taiga character development is still pretty interesting..
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 12, 2019 1:31 AM
Jun 2015
TripleSRank said:
During the ED I felt a feeling I haven’t felt since my childhood, a really interesting warm sort of longing. Kinda hard to describe, but yeah. It’s interesting since I’m better able to reflect on it now. Hmm

Second time watching Toradora! and i've always feel that warm kind of nostalgic vibe whenever i listen to the song or watch the ED... it's almost like it leaves you with a void in your heart... well at least that happened to me both times watching the anime.
Jun 2, 2019 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
Arcaedes said:
There were a few shipping points for Taiga and Minori this episode, but more so for Ami.

I'll be happy with a Ryuuji x Taiga ending, which is obviously coming, but at this point I'm hoping for more Ami character development and for Ryuuji to be a bit less oblivious when she's actually being genuine

they should make if ovas what start from last ep when ryu started to notice hes feelungs for taiga but stil denies it and more then 1 ova for each girl minori and ami also forvthe girl who wants kitamura in 1version cause she looses she will dev feelings for ryu and they hit it of one looses kitamura other1 taiga, they lick each others wounds and fall for each other (lets not stop there even sensei x ryu, that the last version), msybe even as long as drom that point to ep 25, like the hole second half gets alt version
Sugram22Jun 2, 2019 12:51 PM
Jun 14, 2019 10:48 PM
Apr 2019
I like to think of Ami acting more as a narrator at this point rather than a potential love interest, the way this show is going, they don't seem they are actually ever going to give a give Ami a chance with Ryuji alone ever. ( Like 10 minutes inside the storage room alone? WOW PROGRESS! *sarcasm* )

Shame Ami as a one way love, Ryuji doesn't share the same interest, shame, she is a model so she can find someone around the world, ain't a big deal lol.

I also wanted a RyujiXAmi, but you just gotta face the facts people.

Minorin is also being super emo and finding it hard to face those feelings of hers, I mean, you can't blame her, but she better quick, or else in 10 years from now, she going to be crying in her couch with her bald cap and 20 cats for not asking Ryuji out. /s

And people hating the more drama parts? odd, I actually like it because its making Ryuji and Taiga finally take 10 steps away from each other to do their own things. Its hard to think that if these two went to your school, you would think there dating with how much time they spend together.

I guess its just people who wanted something more light hearted. Eh.

Nov 30, 2019 9:59 AM

Apr 2013
Don't really know what Minorin's problem is, but she was obviously aware of Ryuuji's feelings for a while now. Seems like whatever's going on doesn't do her any good though or the ones around her.
Jan 3, 2020 2:03 PM

Aug 2014
omg for real?.. "I can't go"?
this ep made me remember my school years... but only the sad part and even made me realize how sad they were... I really hope at least this anime gets happy ending....
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 22, 2020 1:04 PM

Dec 2016
Taiga looks like a different person *-* I like it!

*sees the beautiful diamond ornament shatter* Noooo...!! ;A; This is why we shouldn't bring that kind of stuff from home, including favourite object.
Hand-made would have been more safe in this kind of case. You never know when these kinds of accidents happen. Taiga were always a good friend of Minorin and I admire that deeply ;w;

Nice episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 15, 2020 6:58 AM

Jun 2020
This episode is so painful and sad to watch, not in the way that it's bad... it's hurtful because of the current phase of the story. It's hard to believe that Minorin would come to the party, highly unlike.

When the window shattered, I thought of terrorist attack or something more terrifying than a ball 😂
Sep 27, 2020 3:20 AM
Jun 2014
Saying I'll always be waiting for you over a simple Christmas party is pretty creepy. Episode was decent til that point.
Oct 21, 2020 4:35 AM

Feb 2020
While episode 16 was my least favorite, this one is my favorite ! It was so touching, and really displayed what the show can do when it really tries to be emotionally impactful.
I especially loved Minori's part because of how much emotional depth she actually seems to have, as well as the whole metaphor with the broken star that can still be fixed, as if Ryuuji is telling her that despite all the mistakes she's made, her relationships with others can and will be fixed, even if it's hard for her to believe that.
I wonder a little something though : I noticed that Minori's more serious scenes always bring out some metaphors, is that on purpose to provide Minori some good characterization by showing how she has a hard time being straightforward when it comes to her feelings ? If that's so, I really like this detail.
It's also been two episodes without Taiga fighting someone, that's refreshing. I hope she won't revert back to her old self once Christmas is over, she is lovable when she's not being violent, and she has some good depth. I still have some issues with the way she is written though, and some aspects of her personality, even as her cute self, rub me the wrong way, but maybe that can be solved by the end.
FafetteOct 21, 2020 11:37 PM
Dec 19, 2020 3:07 PM

Nov 2018
Be still my heart.
Jan 18, 2021 2:56 AM

Nov 2018
Okay , this anime really breathes metaphors and symbolism and every dialogue has hidden meanings if only writing was consistently as good as these past episodes... this could be a 9.
I hate everyone equally
Mar 9, 2021 7:15 PM
Jan 2020
Something is wrong with Kusheida and I we have to find out fast. The Christmas party is going to be awesome.
Mar 21, 2021 1:07 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Damn, Minorin is really going through something rough. Hope she ends up coming to the party.
Jun 26, 2021 2:11 AM

Jun 2020
Still can't talk properly between Ryuuji and Kushieda, What's Ami thinking about Ryuuji about this situation of his' unusual for me to hear that from her

Taiga's been carefully becoming a better person this Christmas and it might be good for her less stress all in all

And there it goes a problem happened and this time it was Kushieda that caused this but at least Ryuuji had a chance to talk to her even quite a bit and it's a start.
Apr 10, 2022 1:54 PM

Mar 2010
Dat Red head is being to hard on herself, and becoming a bitch lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 5, 2022 8:30 PM

Oct 2020
This was a slower episode, but it was cute nonetheless.
I will say that I've gotten increasingly frustrated with Minori over time. I mean, even from the beginning, she sort of just came across as one of those manic-pixie-dream-girls that dominated 2000s media.
Now she's perpetually depressed for some convoluted reason and I, personally, just don't care?
The other characters seem far more interesting and I find myself wanting to see more of them rather than Minori's inevitable resolution.
Jul 7, 2022 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
I warmed up to the opening and ending at this point already, I think they thematically fit really well, and a lot better in this episode than in the last. They're a lot more bittersweet and less lighthearted and fun the others, and at this point the relationships have all gotten pretty serious.

Learning about Taiga's relationship with Christmas and Santa and all felt a little bit out of the blue but I still didn't mind. It's nice knowing that she has a little bit of that childish innocence and hope left in her. She's a pretty strong-willed person, the fact that she still can hold onto thoughts like that after she's been through a pretty rough childhood, not really having parents that took good care of her, can attest to that I suppose.

I've been pretty confused about what's up with Minori, which it seems like a lot of other people have been. With what happened after she knocked over the Christmas tree, and Ryu wanted to help her fix the star, which made Minori cry, there's only two things I could understand as being her reason. She either realizes that Ryu likes her and she feels bad for not realizing, or she likes Ryu and is scared of making any moves or getting closer because she's all clumsy and can do dumb stuff sometimes. Either way, I don't think her feelings have been made very clear, especially when one of the key parts of this is Ami cryptically saying "now you don't have to feel guilty." My brain is too small for this dude.

A few episodes ago Minori said something about Ami being brutally honest about how Kitamura was acting, and that she was mean but she had good intentions. I'm starting to see where she's coming from. Ami clearly has feelings for Ryu so she told him to not get too attached to Taiga because either way someone is gonna get hurt in that little love triangle if he sticks around. She's probably right. She definitely has her own intentions and wants to be with Ryu but I don't wanna say that her actually wanting to look out for him too is impossible.

I think Ami really is a lot more on Ryu's level, but she's still done a lot that makes me not trust her, and she never really does anything for anyone unless she has something to gain. Communication and understanding is essential in a relationship but so is trust. With how Ryu and Taiga act, it feels like they understand each other a lot more than they did at the beginning of the series, and they stick their necks out for each other all the time. I still think they'd be the best match.

Child Taiga was pretty adorable also, sleeping under the Christmas tree haha.

Yuri is kind of a cute character too, shame they didn't really do too much with her so far. I'd love to have had a teacher like that haha
Dec 11, 2022 2:52 AM

Aug 2020
Interesting episode. Ami seems to like Takasu but at the same time doesn't really go for him. The scene with the star being shattered was really well done, you could see/feel the pain. And Minorin clearly wasn't just talking about the star when she mentioned it couldn't be fixed.
Dec 20, 2022 7:59 AM
Dec 2022
christmas spirit
Dec 24, 2022 9:37 PM
Feb 2021
The character writing in this show is so goddamn good it makes me want to cry. Idk how they have the patience to fix that star tho.
Mar 8, 2023 2:24 PM

Nov 2017
I legit laughed out loud when the Christmas Tree fell. I felt a little bad after that, cus I was not expecting a laughter from myself here 😅
Nov 21, 2023 5:50 PM
Mar 2023
Taiga has such a great Christmas spirit. Felt sorry for Minorin at the end for her accident with Taiga' star.
Dec 17, 2023 1:17 AM

Nov 2023
Well damn what an episode
Dec 24, 2023 12:58 PM

Aug 2022
It's really sweet of Taiga to give gifts away to kids!
Dec 28, 2023 4:02 AM

Jun 2021
no, no, no... two more episodes of this? "WhO dOeSn'T lIkE iT?" I DO.(* 1,5x speed again and leaves it in the background)

Taiga, wake up. Most of these things you praise are FAKE. FAKE. The tree falls, drama, bla bla bla, i couldn't care less, f... the C-word holiday season, fast forward.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Yesterday, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.