Forum Settings
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2013 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Omg. That cliffhanger. Kasuga's reply is going to show us exactly who he has become.. or hasn't..

I think he might say no, but it would honestly be a lot more interesting if he said yes for me :P
Sep 9, 2013 9:23 PM
Jan 2013
If you don't mind, can I get a short summary of this chapter? Or atleast the last bit, I can't wait for a translation @.@
Sep 9, 2013 10:00 PM

Dec 2012
Mrdoctorsr said:
If you don't mind, can I get a short summary of this chapter? Or atleast the last bit, I can't wait for a translation @.@

Sure!

So Kasuga leaves his post at the wake and runs up to Kinoshita and apologizes for what happened all those years ago.

Then Kinoshita asks Kasuga if he has time later, because she has something she wants to ask him. Kasuga agrees to see her later.

Kasuga's dad is gonna spend the night there with the grandma and the aunt, so he asks Kasuga and his mom to go back to the hotel.

Kasuga asks his mom to drop him off at the restaurant which he's apparently going to meet Kinoshita in. His mom is sort of against it because the funeral (or maybe continuation of the wake?) is tomorrow morning. His dad, however, convinces her to let him go.

Now we're at the restaurant.

When he gets to the table Kinoshita is sitting at, Kinoshita tells him to sit. But then right when he does, she decides to get up to refill her drink.

When she sits back down, Kasuga asks her what she wanted to ask him. They talk about where Kasuga lives now, why Kinoshita came to the wake, etc.

Then Kinoshita starts talking about Saeki. She tells Kasuga that shortly after that incident, Saeki moved away without even telling her. Saeki didn't even tell Kinoshita her new address. Kinoshita says she has never tried looking for Saeki.

She asks Kasuga if he's seen her since, to which Kasuga says yes. He explains what happened a few chapters ago (when we saw their meeting). Kinoshita asks if she's doing well, and Kasuga tells her that Saeki described it as "a normal happiness" (ch 41). Kinoshita breaks down crying and tells Kasuga how she feels left behind, and trapped in this town (sound familiar??).

THEN Kinoshita asks if he's seen Nakamura since. Kasuga says no, and that he hasn't tried looking for her either, and that he doesn't even know if she's still alive or not. Kinoshita asks him if he ever feels like seeing her again. Kasuga says he doesn't know, but he says he thinks it might be nice to see her one day.

And then the cliffhanger.

Kinoshita: Do you want me to tell you? Do you want me to tell you where Nakamura is now?

SORRY that was probably longer than it needed to be!
JovySep 9, 2013 10:11 PM
Sep 9, 2013 10:11 PM
Jan 2013
Jovy said:
Mrdoctorsr said:

Sure!

So Kasuga leaves his post at the wake and runs up to Kinoshita and apologizes for what happened all those years ago.

Then Kinoshita asks Kasuga if he has time later, because she has something she wants to ask him. Kasuga agrees to see her later.

Kasuga's dad is gonna spend the night there with the grandma and the aunt, so he asks Kasuga and his mom to go back to the hotel.

Kasuga asks his mom to drop him off at the restaurant which he's apparently going to meet Kinoshita in. His mom is sort of against it because the funeral (or maybe continuation of the wake?) is tomorrow morning. His dad, however, convinces her to let him go.

When he gets to the table Kinoshita is sitting at, Kinoshita tells him to sit. But then right when he does, she decides to get up to refill her drink.

When she sits back down, Kasuga asks her what she wanted to ask him. They talk about where Kasuga lives now, why Kinoshita came to the wake, etc.

Then Kinoshita starts talking about Saeki. She tells Kasuga that shortly after that incident, Saeki moved away without even telling her. Saeki didn't even tell Kinoshita her new address. Kinoshita says she never tried looking for her.

She asks Kasuga if he's seen her since, to which Kasuga says yes. He explains what happened a few chapters ago (when we saw their meeting). Kinoshita asks if she's doing well, and Kasuga tells her that Saeki described it as "a normal happiness" (ch 41). Kinoshita breaks down crying and tells Kasuga how she feels left behind, and trapped in this town (sound familiar??).

THEN Kinoshita asks if he's seen Nakamura since. Kasuga says no, and that he hasn't tried looking for her either, and that he doesn't even know if she's still alive or not. Kinoshita asks him if he ever feels like seeing her again. Kasuga says he doesn't know, but he says he thinks it might be nice to see her one day.

Kinoshita: Do you want me to tell you? Do you want me to tell you where Nakamura is now?

Thank you so much!!
Oh man this is great, I really hope he accepts her offer and tries to reconnect with Nakamura. If he does though, I hope its just to get some closure and move on from that chapter in his life. Although, if he sees her in a desperate state of mind, insane or broken down, he's probably gonna try to help her, and thats when I think it'll all go downhill..

Things have been going way too well for him the last few chapters.....

I just hope he sees her, they're both fine, and they both move on with their lives. I also hope Saeki doesn't play a role in the story any more. As for Kinoshita, she'll get over it, she'll make new and better friends and move on as well (if she hasn't already).

If it wasn't for him having a gf now (which I hate honestly, she's no more than a plot device imo), I would've definitely wanted him to work things out with Nakamura, wherever she is (probably a mental hospital..).
Sep 14, 2013 5:38 PM
Aug 2013
Is anyone doing translations aside from MangaTopia? Getting antsy waiting for this chapter ;_;
Sep 14, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
poopylameass said:
Is anyone doing translations aside from MangaTopia? Getting antsy waiting for this chapter ;_;
The "Futari Wa Pretty Anon Scanlations" is also translating, but still not released chapter 49. I am also waiting since the raw's release date. For now, we can only wait, read the summary made ​​by Jovy and see pictures of the raw.
Solid_RockSep 14, 2013 7:05 PM
Sep 14, 2013 9:19 PM
Aug 2013
Solid_Rock said:
poopylameass said:
The "Futari Wa Pretty Anon Scanlations" is also translating, but still not released chapter 49. I am also waiting since the raw's release date. For now, we can only wait, read the summary made ​​by Jovy and see pictures of the raw.

ooh i just went to that site and they are streaming the translation right now if anyone is interested
Sep 15, 2013 2:53 AM

May 2013
Jovy said:
Mrdoctorsr said:

Sure!

Then Kinoshita starts talking about Saeki. She tells Kasuga that shortly after that incident, Saeki moved away without even telling her. Saeki didn't even tell Kinoshita her new address. Kinoshita says she has never tried looking for Saeki.

OMG !! Thanks oh shit i hope we can see nakamura again soon !! Wohoo :D
I'm so excited :D
Sep 15, 2013 12:07 PM

Dec 2012
Teresa_21 said:

OMG !! Thanks oh shit i hope we can see nakamura again soon !! Wohoo :D
I'm so excited :D

I know, right? Have you guys realized that the last time Nakamura was actually in the manga (not counting any flashbacks) was chapter 33? That means we haven't seen her in over a year's worth of chapter releases!
Sep 17, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
Apparently, we were abandoned by translators and scanlators. And now, who can help us?
I am very eager to read this chapter. :'(
Sep 17, 2013 6:04 PM
Aug 2013
^ It was translated a few nights ago, but they still have to edit the comic. They are backed up because the person running it didn't have internet for awhile. It's coming, don't worry :D
Sep 18, 2013 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
/\ This is good news. Meanwhile, I'll be smashing my f5 key. xD
Arigatou poopylameass and gambare scanlators \o/
Sep 20, 2013 7:44 PM

Nov 2011
I do wonder where Nanaka is too....

Ninjas are cutting onions again.
Sep 20, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Jovy said:

Here we go. We all know it's coming anyway :( :( :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 20, 2013 8:12 PM

May 2013
OMG Kinoshita knows where she is. I wanna know soo badly, but we gotta wait another month :(
Sep 20, 2013 8:47 PM
Aug 2012
Dammit, the wait is going to be unbearable.
Sep 20, 2013 11:01 PM

May 2011
When Kinoshita asked Takao if he still wants to see Nakamura and replied back, "...I don't know, but... I think it'd be nice to see her again one day." Then she tells him if he wants to know where she is I was thinking... SHIT! He's now gonna ruin everything he has with Tokiwa X'(

Sep 21, 2013 12:38 AM

Jan 2012
The pacing is so slow but not really in a bad way, not to me anyway. Yet this could be the beginning of the end I suppose. Oh well, we have quite the wait to go until even the next chapter right?
Sep 21, 2013 12:44 AM

Sep 2011
He could ruin his life again if he sees her, he finally is starting to live again and has Tokiwa, who is a LOT better than Nakamura, so I don't want him to ruin it but he probably will.
Sep 21, 2013 1:02 AM

Feb 2012
inzaratha said:
He could ruin his life again if he sees her, he finally is starting to live again and has Tokiwa, who is a LOT better than Nakamura, so I don't want him to ruin it but he probably will.

I think Oshimi has to make him face her and overcome the past.
Sep 21, 2013 1:30 AM

Jul 2012
Nakamura!!
Sep 21, 2013 5:39 AM

May 2013
I like the chapter ! although I want kasuga to say no because I know if he sees nakamura again he'd waver again and leave tokiwa .. but without nakamura this manga is a bit boring !!

I really like tokiwa with kasuga because I felt like they can be a normal couple together.

the question is what would be the answer of kasuga ? YES OR NO?
I'm so excited !!
I still hope that kasuga don't make Tokiwa cry if he ever sees nakamura again..
Sep 21, 2013 6:32 AM
Apr 2011
Kasuga is asking for more trouble if he sees Nakamura....
Sep 21, 2013 7:38 AM

Oct 2009
"Do you wanna know...Where Nakamura is right now?"

To me, this sounds kinda fishy.
Perhaps Nakamura succeeded in committing suicide alone, or ended up in a mental ward. Or maybe she turned into a completely different person. I wonder.
Sep 21, 2013 9:54 AM

Feb 2012
Don't do it Kasuga, don't do it :(
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Sep 21, 2013 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
Why is Kasuga acting like he doesn't care if he sees her? We all know that's a damn lie, it's the whole reason he begged his parents to come in the first place.
Sep 22, 2013 1:00 AM

Jan 2011
Poor Kinoshita, she has been lonely and left out ever since those crazy incidents occurred during their middle school times. What a cliffhanger! Kinoshita knows where Nakamura is? I'm sure Kasuga wants to see Nakamura one more time to completely cut ties with her so he can live happily with Tokiwa. However, it's Nakmura we're talking about LOL... D:
Sep 22, 2013 10:45 AM

Nov 2012
Man, I'm so excited to see Nakamura! Let's hope she can lighten up the mood a bit with her and her deviant glory.
Sep 22, 2013 11:17 PM

Sep 2011
I know everything is going to fall apart once Nakamura appears but I want to see her so bad!
Sep 23, 2013 6:00 AM

Feb 2008
Well the chapter was pretty much obvious. Good chapter and can't wait for the next one. Really curious where she is.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 23, 2013 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
The cliffhanger preview said final question. Aku no Hana is approaching it's finale from what I'm seeing. Shit is getting intense.
Sep 23, 2013 8:03 AM

Dec 2012
Aku no slow. Out of the few uneventful chapters since the confession this was the most decent one, I hope the pace picks up a bit, I don't like how the author is dragging the whole Nakumra thing. Maybe I should just put the series on hold ._.
Sep 23, 2013 9:31 AM

Dec 2012
TonyTin said:
The cliffhanger preview said final question. Aku no Hana is approaching it's finale from what I'm seeing. Shit is getting intense.

The original Japanese text used the phrase 究極の選択 which means "the ultimate decision".
The sentence reads "Suddenly, Kasuga is presented with the ultimate decision [to make]. Will Kasuga's reply be 'yes' or 'no'... To be continued in the next issue."

Although I also think it's reaching the ending, anyway :P
Sep 26, 2013 9:13 PM

Oct 2010
i am so ready
Sep 27, 2013 12:27 PM

Oct 2007
ughhhhhhh this cliffhanger
Sep 27, 2013 5:10 PM

Jun 2010
Of course I'll catch up to the cliffhanger chapter.

Of course I do!
Sep 28, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2013
I like Nakamura a lot more than Saeki, but I like Tokiwa the most. Shit, man. I hope if Kasuga does say yes, it's to face his past instead of running away from it, and get over it; not for getting back with Nakamura again.

Knowing the main character though, he's probably gonna mess everything up like he usually does. C'mon, Kasuga, don't break Tokiwa as well.

Dammit, Kasuga was just recovering from everything too.
Oct 3, 2013 7:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What a cliffhanger x_x I liked the talk between Takao and Kinoshita though, I never really thought about her that much, but it's sad to see that she feels so left behind. But still, the most surprising thing is that she knows where Nakamura is...oh dear. Time for Takao to face the past? Maybe?
Oct 18, 2013 10:09 PM

Mar 2013
Cool.
I want to see her badly!

P.S: I got a spoiler (for ch.50) from a site. :P
Oct 22, 2013 11:36 PM

Jul 2012
Answer NO pls, Aya is just too intresting :< (I mean, she loves books, and for this I love her, please stay with her D: )
Nov 4, 2013 6:17 AM

Sep 2011
Goddammit she went there.
Nov 16, 2013 12:06 AM

Apr 2009
A very interesting question. I, as a reader of course would want to know.

It's gonna be a disappointment if he says no, anyway.

Coming from Ai's statement, it seems everyone else she knew moved out of town, huh. I hope she plays a further role other than possibly being a source of information about Nakamura... for some reason I find her interesting.
Nov 23, 2013 10:22 PM

Jan 2013
Great chapter. Nice development.
Jan 14, 2014 8:25 PM

Apr 2012
I hope when he meets Nakamura again he can finally "overcome" her and move past her and go on to his bright future with Tokiwa who is perfect ;_;
May 25, 2014 8:11 AM
May 2012
puddingly said:
I hope when he meets Nakamura again he can finally "overcome" her and move past her and go on to his bright future with Tokiwa who is perfect ;_;

Exactly what I am thinking!!
Nov 24, 2014 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
Oh at the upcoming drama. What will become of this?
Nov 30, 2014 9:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kasuga-kun. Finding ways to ruin his life since 2009.

I agree with the thought that he has to be honest and at some pint tell Tokiwa. But now is not the right time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 8, 2016 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
Plssssss let Nakamura be in the next chapter. I've been patiently reading. I need her.
Jul 21, 2016 5:56 PM

Jan 2016
SAY YES. But now everything it's doing fine and this would just fuck everything up. SO SAY NO. But that would be too boring and Nakamura is the soul of this manga. ;-;
Don't answer anything Kasuga, don't answer anything
Nov 19, 2016 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
Poor Kinoshita, she was left by the crazy stuff that was going on with Saeki, Nakamura and Kasuga ... even though she clearly had issues with it, I guess it was bette than having nothing.

Boy ... it's been a while since we've seen Nakamura, I dont see how this could go with just a few chapters left.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KitKatKaz - Jun 6, 2013

82 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 37 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 2, 2013

31 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Explicitz - May 14, 2012

85 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Chapter 25 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 14, 2012

38 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 27, 8:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.