Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nov 6, 2018 8:53 AM

CaptainFekezu said:
Zehennagel said:
"objectively"good is bullshit. it's like saying something it's good and it's a fact... what the hell.

also having the fewer flaws doesn't make a show better. ex:log horizon has a lot of flaws but it also has a lot of great things going for it, which makes it great imo.

as for shows with less flaws that fullmetal alchemist, I can give you a lot because imo FMAB's biggest flaws are
-confusing begining(but episode 2 is fucking great)
-unninteresting mains characters.
-last battle is unninteresting
-scenario doesn't take risks

now for shows that have fewer flaws that fullmetal alchemist:
-saiki kusuo, it's a very different anime but for it's genre it has almost no flaws
-berserk(the manga allbeit you won't call it a "show")
-HxH2011, it too has a long begining but overall I can't see very much flaws
In the end it comes to personal preference what is interesting and what isn't. Still Brotherhoods story is very deep and characters great without a doupt. I'd like to ad that Brotherhood is actually Hohenheim's story and the series is very ironic in the story for example how the homunculy and hohenheim died. I am a guy who prefers great story telling above all others so I didn't like Saiki so much as Gintama.
ok I get you, but about gintama and saiki I don't think you can realy compare those 2 because even though they seem quite similar(comedy,"episodic") they're realy different. I was bored watching gintama but since tastes changes overtime i'll pick it up again someday and maybe I'll like it.

Nov 11, 2018 8:40 PM
"Yes it is.don't question it. "

Feb 20, 2019 4:14 AM

Yes, it most definitely is, it's just an unparalleled masterpiece in the anime world, simply a class apart. Be it in terms of deeply tragic character backstories which makes you care genuinely a lot for the characters and get invested, be it terms of a strong and deep plot, be it in terms of incredible and epic action, subtle use comedy while serves wonderfully as a comic relief among tense and action moments, enormous emotional weight, a grand cast of characters of whom the show went pretty deep in terms of characterization which gives the viewers a wide range of options amongst those into which they can invest themselves into, be it in terms of compactness/tightness in terms of storytelling, the show is an absolute gem. A truly great/magnificent aspect of this show is that once that plot really kicks in with the reveal of Father controlling all the homunculis, things get really intense and it's extremely hard to even stop watching episodes after that: one notable and impactful incident after another, with all of them being remarkable in terms of action/characterization/emotional weight and being deeply integral to the plot, keep happening one after another, in such a manner that each of those incidents feel strongly connected and relevant to each other, giving a amazing sense of compactness and an intense fast vibe throughout the show, where it feels like pretty much everything we witness happening in the show is really worthwhile. I have a really time hard believing that any other anime show can ever top it for me personally. :)
Modified by 345EdwardElric, Feb 20, 2019 6:45 AM

Feb 20, 2019 8:49 AM

It is a show that appeals to everyone. But it is definitely not the greatest anime of all time.

Feb 21, 2019 6:49 AM

Chrome_Falcon said:
But it is definitely not the greatest anime of all time.

I'm quite curious what you will say to defend you viewpoint here though, plus what flaws you'll find in such an universally acclaimed and highly praised masterpiece. :)

Feb 21, 2019 7:31 AM

345EdwardElric said:
Chrome_Falcon said:
But it is definitely not the greatest anime of all time.

I'm quite curious what you will say to defend you viewpoint here though, plus what flaws you'll find in such an universally acclaimed and highly praised masterpiece. :)

I can see why it is praised everywhere. But some things in the story were too convinient imo. For example the automail was there solely to negate Edward's loss of his arm and leg. It is very advanced technology as it likely requires connection to nervous system and such tech is not normal for the times the story is set in. I was also expecting "some method" for the alchemy fights. But other than stating the "equal value rule" it doesn't explain anyone's powers well. Nen from hunter x hunter has better fighting system.

Jan 12, 7:58 AM
Well since I have been watching anime only for 2 months or so by now so I don't think my opinion will really matter but I do think it's the greatest personally. Maybe everyone should stop thinking that the first few episodes are rushed and not go with the crowd mentality, if the crowd says so I should too. That's wrong. I don't feel that they are rushed because I haven't watched fma 2003. I think it's the best show/anime/movie or whatever more genres there are in visual media that I have seen. I think it's a masterpiece of storytelling, only hitting the right notes on all levels from story, to character development, to world building. It's undoubtedly the best thing I have ever seen and the only show/anime/movie that ever made me so emotional that I cried. I think it's an almost flawless masterpiece of storytelling and an unforgetable classic. That's it

Jan 12, 9:05 AM
Often interchanges with other series in my personal top 5 but yeah I'd objectively and subjectively call it one of my favorites for a long time coming.

Jan 23, 9:31 AM
Yeah honestly I’d make a little bubble with about 6 or 7 anime’s being in it at the top, being Vinland, Aot, hxh, fmab, mob, steins gate. Although this list is purely subjective
Shoutout to code geass aswell

Jan 23, 1:49 PM
The best anime of all time is Fullmetal Alchemist 2003

Jan 24, 12:22 AM

I can't tell how far it is from being the greatest/best of all time.
Rem best girl

Jan 24, 1:19 AM
Did anyone noticed it's score just dropped.

Jan 24, 4:20 AM

Full_anime_Fan said:
Are we supposed to cry now?

Jan 24, 4:47 AM
Kobayasan said:
Full_anime_Fan said:
Are we supposed to cry now?
maybe it's 0.01 difference from what I remember. I may be incorrect.

Jan 24, 5:06 AM

Full_anime_Fan said:

Scores drop with time.
It was on 9.25 when i got to MAL on 2018 and now it's 9.22, it's not really important because it's still a really high score and even if it would drop from the first place on MAL it will not change the fact that this is an amazing show.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]