Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2013 11:59 PM

Apr 2013
Was just playing Battlefield 3 (PC) with my friend. We're on a voice chat while playing. I always get aggravated when things don't go my way in a video game. Sometimes literally screaming like a little kid LOL. This used to happen a lot when I played Counter Strike professionally. I can never enjoy video games that's why I don't play them, they're more like a job to me than a game.

Anyone else get like this?

PS: I'm old, but it's an old habit and it's hard to shake off!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2013 12:05 AM
Jul 2013
I learned how to curse in COD.
Sep 9, 2013 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
Anyways no, because it's a game... and if i continuously die or the game isn't going my way, it means I'm shit at the game so I give up...

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaSep 11, 2013 1:16 AM

Sep 9, 2013 12:15 AM

May 2013
You should play single-player game this way. No one can piss you off.
Sep 9, 2013 1:02 AM

Jul 2008
I like how a simple question is making everyone mad... if you enter a 'shitty thread' you are the only one to blame for actually clicking on it.

Now to answer the question, like any sensible person should do rather than throwing out negative comments unrelated to the question...

The game shouldn't make you aggravated, everyone is bound to have a bad game, it's how you handle it that determines how you play. Your mental state often affects how you play. There are a lot of people that don't know how to handle their anger, lashing out on teammates is always bad, because then you are making your teammates mad.

Some people also don't understand that a team game requires team effort... simple, yet they still don't get it.

Psychology can attribute to how well (or poor) you play and the outcome of your games. It's one thing I learned when I started ranking in LoL, my win rate is higher now, but I still have a lot to learn.

There is an 'i' in TEAM... you can find it in the A-hole... got that off some youtube video
Sep 9, 2013 1:03 AM

Nov 2009
Well, just don't play online/multi player games.
There are always people who are dicks.

The best games are the ones you play alone in a dark room with headphones on. :>
Sep 9, 2013 1:06 AM

Jun 2013
Never play Dark Souls then if you can't handle things going wrong
Sep 9, 2013 1:21 AM

Jan 2009
once you constantly lose and take it seriously it gets frustrating so thats why i rarely play online or multiplayer games
Sep 9, 2013 2:59 AM

Oct 2009
Nope, I often curses though, not in an intense, emotional way.

My old CoD days.
*bam!*
(my character died from a sniper)
"What the hell. Okay, fuck you who shoot me, stop being a camper or I'll put some knife on your butt."

Yep, not mad at all.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 9, 2013 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
....No?

It's a videogame. If I lose, I lose. No one died and nothing of value was lost. My life continues on.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Sep 9, 2013 4:17 AM

May 2013
jondoom said:
Was just playing Battlefield 3 (PC) with my friend. We're on a voice chat while playing. I always get aggravated when things don't go my way in a video game. Sometimes literally screaming like a little kid LOL. This used to happen a lot when I played Counter Strike professionally. I can never enjoy video games that's why I don't play them, they're more like a job to me than a game.

Pfft no

Me : gets killed 10 seconds later after post (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Sep 9, 2013 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes when I lose or die which is rare anyway lol
Sep 9, 2013 4:25 PM

Dec 2012
not really but on racing games i lean left to right with my controller.
Sep 9, 2013 4:27 PM

Aug 2012
No, but I laugh at people who do. It's good popcorn entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ltiba9z754

"Are you fucking poor? Are you fucking on welfare?"
gamer2710Sep 9, 2013 4:41 PM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 9, 2013 4:29 PM

Jun 2011
My cousin does that, it's really annoying. I don't understand how someone can get so upset over a game.
Sep 9, 2013 4:44 PM

Apr 2013
Narmy said:
My cousin does that, it's really annoying. I don't understand how someone can get so upset over a game.

In my case it's because I used to play professionally (for money), I still have that mentality that it "REALLY" matters if we win or lose
Sep 9, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2007
jondoom said:
Narmy said:

In my case it's because I used to play professionally (for money), I still have that mentality that it "REALLY" matters if we win or lose

Doing something for money does not make you a professional or make what you're doing a profession.
Sep 9, 2013 4:51 PM

Apr 2013
Ever hear of Cyberathelete Professional League(CPL) or CEVO? Professional/career Counter-Strike players. We didn't do it for fun, we played in tournaments and traveled.
Sep 9, 2013 4:53 PM

Aug 2012
jondoom said:

I get like this when playing Dota2/League of Legends with mental sick people.

I mean, I know you are a tiny, I am a pudge, can you explain me again why you are here with mid?
"Fuck you pudge get out or me report and hack u"
Sep 9, 2013 4:53 PM

Jun 2007
jondoom said:
Ever hear of Cyberathelete Professional League(CPL) or CEVO? Professional/career Counter-Strike players. We didn't do it for fun, we played in tournaments and traveled.

Putting the word professional in something does not make it a profession or the people in it professionals, it's just that there are no regulations legally as to where 'professional' can be put into a label.

Playing counter strike for money, tournaments or not, does not make you a professional. It means you played in tournaments with cash prizes.
Sep 9, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2013
You're allowed to have your opinion on it, but whether you like it or not Electronic Sports are considered a profession and have been for about 12 -15 years now. People making a living on this and I did for quite a few years.

And to put a "eastern" spin on things, how bout those Starcraft II professional players in Korea?
Sep 9, 2013 4:56 PM

Jun 2007
jondoom said:
You're allowed to have your opinion on it, but whether you like it or not Electronic Sports are considered a profession and have been for about 12 -15 years now. People making a living on this and I did for quite a few years.

I never said there is no such thing as a professional gamer - I simply said you were not one. You were a competition gamer. Sorry for hurting your video game playing pride though.
Sep 9, 2013 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
Well I "was" a professional gamer. Sorry to disappoint you.
Sep 9, 2013 5:17 PM

Feb 2012
Actally video games are my replacement for a punching bag.
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Sep 9, 2013 5:22 PM

Jul 2013
They used to but now I simply turn it off, walk away, return when I calm down. How it is when I played Black Ops 2 but overall I have quit that game all together, maybe its just bad internet but often times I found myself saying "WTF" way to much....did have a nice little Konata picture though that I loved. xD

My brother on the other hand, I have had to go into his room and turn the game off because he will not stop. He will get to the point of screaming and yelling even when he is leading the room (which is rare mind you), calling people idiots and mororns (he has no mic) yet you watch him run down the same route 3 times and get dropped 3 times.
Sep 9, 2013 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
I once shot a controller with a shotgun. Whats that say?
Sep 9, 2013 7:12 PM

Oct 2009
Early Megaman games make me homicidal. Still beat them all. But beating them should give some of you insight to my breaking point.

Sep 9, 2013 8:21 PM
May 2012
Had a good 15 game losing streak in tanks today.
I'm really surprised I don't have a chat ban yet.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Sep 9, 2013 8:34 PM

Aug 2011
FlameWingman21 said:
No, man. AI is always there, sucking all the life you got.
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Sep 9, 2013 9:54 PM

Apr 2011
No. I might get frustrated at an annoying or overly hard boss on occasion, but those times are few and far between.
Sep 9, 2013 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
Depends on the game, but frustration is part of the pleasure in offline fighting game matches with your buddies.
Rage so good. <3
Sep 9, 2013 10:10 PM

Nov 2012
OP should play Unreal Tournament. I don't usually get mad when I die, but if I have a lot of health and armor and some bitch comes along with an OP weapon and knocks me down to 1 HP I just suicide. Goddamn combowhores.
Sep 9, 2013 10:43 PM

Apr 2013
Barktooth said:
OP should play Unreal Tournament. I don't usually get mad when I die, but if I have a lot of health and armor and some bitch comes along with an OP weapon and knocks me down to 1 HP I just suicide. Goddamn combowhores.

DON'T EVER REMIND ME! I remember playing UT2k3 at some tournament team CTF. It was that map with the two tall pyramids and a lake in the middle. I got lightning rifled right in the face. I don't think I've ever raged so hard.
Sep 10, 2013 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
No because it's only half of the reality you molded for yourself, if you lost it's your fault.....
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Sep 10, 2013 12:59 AM

May 2013
KingIkki said:
FlameWingman21 said:
No, man. AI is always there, sucking all the life you got.

LOL Then play racing game or sports game with AI in easy mode.
Sep 10, 2013 9:08 AM

Jul 2012
video games make me mad sometimes, and I usually quit the game and play something I like if that happens

sonic adventure 2

made me really mad
Sep 10, 2013 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
yes alot :I mainly while playing LoL/Dota 2 with bunch of tards
Sep 10, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2012
Video games are the best thing ever after electricity.
Sep 10, 2013 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
I smashed a few keyboards and destroyed my monitor while playing FIFA. No other game made me angry, just FIFA.

I got rid of that habit, though.
Sep 10, 2013 10:52 AM

Feb 2011
I used to get angry while playing games until I took an >-----[> to the knee.
Sep 10, 2013 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
i don't know how many controllers for console games my brother broke when we were growing up
Sep 10, 2013 7:02 PM

Mar 2013
i get angry at fps games so i rarely if ever play them

other than that games have never made me angry but then again im not an angry person in general
Rhaegar fought valiantly,
Rhaegar fought nobly,
Rheagar died.
Sep 10, 2013 7:14 PM

Sep 2013
Simple rules to avoid being angry while playing video games:

- Use vocal chat only when necessary (playing/raiding with friends for example).
- Turn off global/world chat in MMOs. These are usually as bad as 4chan.
- Don't force yourself to play a game if you are tired/angry.
- Don't force yourself to grind mobs when you don't want to.
- Don't play a game that you don't have any interest in it.
- Accept that you will lose, die, or fail sometimes. It's a game. You can win or lose.
- And the most important rule: HAVE FUN.
Sep 10, 2013 7:46 PM

Aug 2009
I say fuck, shit, cunt, faggot and twat a lot when I keep failing a difficult challenge or something, but I'm only mad for that short moment and it's only during single player stuff.

Sep 10, 2013 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
Depends on the game, I'll usually just curse a little and possibly punch whatever I'm sitting on. I won't slam a controller or throw it, I take care of my stuff.
I'll also just turn off the game if I forget to save and I die or my console turns off. Just walk away, I'll feel like playing it tomorrow.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 10, 2013 8:02 PM

Apr 2012
Introverturtled said:
I'll also just turn off the game if I forget to save and I die or my console turns off. Just walk away, I'll feel like playing it tomorrow.

Ever rage quit like that, then realize that your last save was like an hour ago and have to redo it all?
Sep 10, 2013 8:04 PM

Aug 2013
Mclovinballs said:
Introverturtled said:

Ever rage quit like that, then realize that your last save was like an hour ago and have to redo it all?
Yes a couple of times. I also accidentally started a new game over a save file yesterday. It was a shitty game, but I still spent a couple of hours playing it off and on before deleting it. Stupid xbox controller moves up for like 2 minutes after starting a game and accidentally moved it to start new game.
IntroverturtledSep 10, 2013 8:08 PM
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 10, 2013 8:07 PM

Dec 2012
I don't usually rage in single-player games since I can always save and try again as many times I want. However in multi-player games especially team oriented games I'm always prone to rage, I could never take them casually, I always approach them with a competitive mindset but that's what makes them fun, outplaying your opponent.
Sep 11, 2013 1:18 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned.
Removed the flaming and off-topic.
Sep 11, 2013 4:43 AM

Aug 2013
Once you play something competitively your doomed to that fate
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 7 hours ago

18 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 3 hours ago

9 by luckyrune »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

10 by Dracowyn »»
35 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 2 hours ago

2 by LenRea »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 11 hours ago

25 by Dracowyn »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.