Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 9, 2013 5:05 PM

May 2013
actually, yasaburo is yajiro who transform ...

and, yasaburo heard that from far, and he run to save his family.
Sep 9, 2013 5:18 PM

Feb 2008
Let me then say it, as expected. Those friday fellows will still need a tanuki when the big brother gets saved. And while I would love to see them not getting a tanuki at all, Soun seems pretty much set up to land in there since he deserves it. Only way to even slightly redeem him seems for him to self sacrifice himself cause his stupid sons gets punished by hiding the fan the whole time.
Sep 11, 2013 3:40 PM
Dec 2010
Soun needs to be the one who ends up as food. Seriously, this started as a pretty relaxing show, and despite some drama here and there, and despite the the mass of stupidity that is Ginkaku and Kinkaku, it was still rather relaxing and calming. Now, I'm angered and just want to see Soun get skinned alive for ruining my calm favorite this season with his a-holeness.
Sep 11, 2013 3:58 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
Somehow I have a different take on this: I predict that the second son will redeem himself by coming out the well and morph into something great (perhaps the tram again) to save his mother and his big brother.

Quite possible, I do see redemption in cards for Yajiro, Benten, and the Professor, but ultimately it has to be Yasaburo, he is the father's true heir.

symbv said:
And just like the plot hint of the father could not morph in the presence of Benten was used neatly here in Soun's scheme to capture him, I also believe a bunch of plot hints may be triggered and tied up in the coming story.

That is the wonderful thing about this show, so much foreshadowing, it is a joy to see such good writing. As I said about Benten's identity several weeks back, I don't care how they do it, I just want to watch it.

symbv said:
I believe the professor will play a major role in saving the two tanuki, particularly since he would recognize the mother whom he saved before. He may even get kicked out of the Friday Club because of his courage to "do the right thing". He may also finally confirm that he was not mishearing in the past and truly tanuki can speak human tongues.

To be honest I think I would be disappointed if it went that way. Too much of a coincidence. And in that the mother was rescued before her marriage, that Soun was in love with her as well makes it doubtful that he hadn't heard the story. Plus I don't think they need more than one, and the plot has the eldest being the the main course. I think the Friday Fellows revelation will be that Tanuki are intelligent - except for Benten the ones at the party didn't seem to know this. I think the real question is the role the two missing members will have, particularly since Benten was very interested in one of them who I think will prove to be an important new piece to the puzzle.

symbv said:
I don't think Benten is evil but I think her feeling sad and shedding tears when no one is around shows her loneliness and guilt she felt about trying so hard to rise up the social rank.

Benten still has a lot to be revealed. Remember in the first episode she told Yasuburo that he didn't understand the professor. That still needs to be played out. I expect more on Benten in the episode after this one.

Above where I spoke honestly, I said "I think", I said that because this show has been a delight. Even things I thought were coming (that Soun had a role in the fathers death), the writers make extremely touching, so even though I think the path will be different, I wouldn't put it past the writers to go down your path and do it excellently. Regardless of how they go, I am definitely enjoying this ride.
Sep 12, 2013 6:23 AM

Jun 2011
pokpokza said:
and then Benten is Evil. I really hate myself for liking her

^^i hate myself too

i cant wait for the next episode.
Sep 12, 2013 9:47 PM
Aug 2011
I never quite liked Benten but now I like her even less.
Honestly I don't see myself liking her even after we get to her reasons/backstory.

I knew there was more to the Ebisugawa's but didn't really think that the uncle was behind it.
Sep 13, 2013 8:12 AM

May 2013
pokpokza said:

i agree she is really evil, and i hate myself that i liked her

i thought benten didnt involve in yaraburou father getting caught - -''
Sep 13, 2013 10:33 AM

Feb 2009
Couldn't care less about Benten. I only have one thing to say someone better get out that stupid well!
Sep 15, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
To be honest I think I would be disappointed if it went that way. Too much of a coincidence. And in that the mother was rescued before her marriage, that Soun was in love with her as well makes it doubtful that he hadn't heard the story. Plus I don't think they need more than one, and the plot has the eldest being the the main course.
Well, the fact is that the mother was already captured and likely to see the professor again. So the coincidence part has already been played out. I don't think it is too much of a stretch to have the professor recognizing the mother and this time decided he would not want to kill a tanuki he once saved before.

Takuan_Soho said:
I think the Friday Fellows revelation will be that Tanuki are intelligent - except for Benten the ones at the party didn't seem to know this.
I have a feeling that tanuki will stay as pure animal to the Friday Club until the end. Perhaps the professor will find out but if he is not in the club any more the end result will still be that those inside the Friday Club do not know tanuki can speak and have high intelligence.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 15, 2013 12:21 PM
Oct 2012
Symbv said:
Takuan_Soho said:
I think the Friday Fellows revelation will be that Tanuki are intelligent - except for Benten the ones at the party didn't seem to know this.
I have a feeling that tanuki will stay as pure animal to the Friday Club until the end. Perhaps the professor will find out but if he is not in the club any more the end result will still be that those inside the Friday Club do not know tanuki can speak and have high intelligence.

That is possible, even likely, but I think the big theme of the show is going to prove that you have to break the tradition at times. This harkens back to the opening monologue of the series, where Yasuburo tells about the 1200 year history of Tanuki/Tengu/and Human, and his breaking the boundaries is what makes his life interesting. Likewise, his father's claim to fame was being the "Tanuki who could fool the Tengu", another tradition breaker that he was able to do because of his idiocy, the same idiocy that Yasuburo possesses.

They made a point of showing that several of the Friday Fellows don't particularly like Tanuki Hot Pot, they just eat it because it is a tradition. I think that tradition is going to be broken meaning that something forces them to change their minds, I think we were foreshadowed on this by their asking whether Yasuburo was a Tanuki, not in reality, but metaphorically. If they learn that he is a Tanuki in reality that could break the cycle (though the old guy member again is going to prove the problem)

This, together with the traditional barrier that separates Yasuburo from Benten, are what the last episode will be about.
Sep 15, 2013 12:40 PM

Sep 2012
^ What I see is that the theme carries both the element of tradition breaker but also a desire to keep the tradition. This is why the election of tanuki leader still goes on, and Benten still needs to conform to certain expectation as a human (and tanuki to theirs). In a way it is just like Japan - things change, sometimes tradition gets broken, but to a large extent a lot of traditions stay on and still being followed and respected by everyone.

About the hot pot, so far I only see the professor as the only one who does not seem to enjoy eating tanuki that much (despite his theory of eating is loving) but others seem to be quite fine with it. I even suspect that one or two may actually love this tradition and perhaps he (they) will be the kind of "last boss" that Yasuburo would need to confront at the end.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 15, 2013 12:56 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
About the hot pot, so far I only see the professor as the only one who does not seem to enjoy eating tanuki that much (despite his theory of eating is loving) but others seem to be quite fine with it.

Bishamon questions it in episode 5 around the 15:33 mark, saying he prefers beef.

Ebisu replies "if you keep talking like that you'll be expelled. It's a rule, that's why". Then he says that he heard from Jurojin that it was Tanizaki Junichro who started the tradition. Bishamon says he thinks that is a lie because Tanizaki liked eel. Note that Ebisu doesn't really defend eating Tanuki (neither does the third one), his only reason for doing it was "it's a rule".

Jurojin (the old guy from 11) seems to be the one who is driving this tradition (and can expel people). He is the loan shark that Benten wanted to see in 5, and in 11 he is the one who calls Hotei's "weakness for Tanuki" pathetic. So he, and only he, will be the final boss.

You calling him that just made me think of something. In 11 Jurojin seems to hate Tanuki personally, which makes me think that he isn't human. While this probably won't be the case, there is one other animal in Japanese folklore that can transform and is usually engaged in making loans, and if you look at Jurojin's face, he sort of looks like it, doesn't he? I think we are in for a wild last two episodes.
Sep 15, 2013 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
True, nobody said he enjoyed eating tanuki but yet I did not sense that they did not enjoy eating tanuki either. The only person that shows clear aversion to the idea of tanuki nabe is the professor.

Jurojin is definitely the person (or one of the persons) who I think will be the "last boss" in this series. His being a loan shark seems to just one more way the author tells us that he is not an endearing character. I am not sure if he is human or not, but so far I think everyone is human and only Benten has any supernatural power. No proof though, just my gut feeling.

Sep 15, 2013 1:36 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
True, nobody said he enjoyed eating tanuki but yet I did not sense that they did not enjoy eating tanuki either. The only person that shows clear aversion to the idea of tanuki nabe is the professor.

Jurojin is definitely the person (or one of the persons) who I think will be the "last boss" in this series. His being a loan shark seems to just one more way the author tells us that he is not an endearing character. I am not sure if he is human or not, but so far I think everyone is human and only Benten has any supernatural power. No proof though, just my gut feeling.

I think making him a fox would be hard to do in two episodes, particularly since there is so much to do in those two episodes, but if they do make him a fox, have my back when I attack the inevitable "asspull" people that will show up during that episode :-) I swear, even outside of it being in Japanese folklore, they showed at least a half dozen times that Tanuki cannot keep their forms when they are upset (including the first episode, when one of the patrons at the bar couldn't hold human form when Benten challenged Yasuburo), how the hell can anyone think something that established could be an "asspull"?
Sep 15, 2013 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
I would rather Jurojin just stays as human, which would fit well with what the tanuki characters have been saying about the evil and cruel aspects of human. Making him a non-human would weaken the point but does not create much of an alternative message that is as powerful.

Sep 15, 2013 2:28 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
I would rather Jurojin just stays as human, which would fit well with what the tanuki characters have been saying about the evil and cruel aspects of human. Making him a non-human would weaken the point but does not create much of an alternative message that is as powerful.

This is why I like chatting with you, you force me to think about things.

And in thinking, only Yasuburo says how "evil and cruel" humans are, and this is primarily in context with Benten, and we know he is in love with her. Also remember that his mother chided him for that attitude reminding him how a human saved her. There is also the fact that no matter how bad Jurojin is in these next two episodes, he will not be as "evil and cruel" as Soun has proven himself to be, or for that matter Sensei (snatching a young girl on her way home from school because he has the hots for her). We also have Yasuburo's own comments to his frogbro that far from hating the Friday Fellows, once he met them he actually liked them (and not just Hotei), which further downplays the "evil and cruel" factor. So while this doesn't add anything to the possibility that Jurojin is a fox, I don't think having him be the "evil and cruel" human adds anything to where this show wants to go.

Benten wanted Jurojin to meet Yasuburo in episode 5, so I think he is going to fit as a piece of the Benten puzzle rather than being the "final boss", which makes it more likely he is a human.

In thinking this through, I just had the unsettled feeling that 13 isn't going to be a "true end". That there will be stuff unanswered. God I hope not.
Sep 16, 2013 4:21 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, things have been pretty casual up to this point in the series, even with the conflicts. Now the Ebisugawa family makes a move. . .

The past was very nicely put together, piece by piece.

5/5.

Sep 18, 2013 8:09 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
And in thinking, only Yasuburo says how "evil and cruel" humans are, and this is primarily in context with Benten, and we know he is in love with her.
I do not see his comments about "evil and cruel" human as only in context with Benten. To me it is just that he talks about human when he is facing Benten, a human he is familiar with. I would say that the impression about "evil and cruel human" is widespread among tanuki's. The tone of Yasuburo when he said "evil and cruel" human in front of Benten also seem to indicate that it is a pre-existing concept held by those of his kind and so it is not just limited to Benten herself.

Takuan_Soho said:
Also remember that his mother chided him for that attitude reminding him how a human saved her. There is also the fact that no matter how bad Jurojin is in these next two episodes, he will not be as "evil and cruel" as Soun has proven himself to be, or for that matter Sensei (snatching a young girl on her way home from school because he has the hots for her). We also have Yasuburo's own comments to his frogbro that far from hating the Friday Fellows, once he met them he actually liked them (and not just Hotei), which further downplays the "evil and cruel" factor.
I see very differently. I see that tanuki know about the different aspects of human and naturally some are more affected by certain aspects of human than others. So Yasuburo's mother got the feeling that not all humans are bad, but that does not mean that now she believes that all humans are good. From what I see, Jurojin is set to be a human as "evil and cruel" as Soun, but since the story cannot shed much light on him without distracting, he is created as a loan shark so that we can set our expectation accordingly. As for Sensei, I am not sure this is actually intended to be viewed as "evil and cruel" within the fiction world -- it just seems to be a kind of kami-kakushi that ends up with Benten being the willing partner (at least until she gets fed up and decided to leave). As for Yasuburo's comments to his frogbro, I see it as a general comment - meaning humans are not all bad, even though they ate his father, but remember that Jurojin was not present in the meeting so his comments only involved those of Friday Club that he actually met.

Takuan_Soho said:
So while this doesn't add anything to the possibility that Jurojin is a fox, I don't think having him be the "evil and cruel" human adds anything to where this show wants to go.
My conclusion is that if Jurojin is indeed the last boss, it makes much better sense to make him a full human not some supernatural being. What you said in your post only showed points why Jurojin may not be that "evil and cruel" but that is not really my point. My point is that if Jurojin is the last boss, he would be an "evil and cruel" human, and if he is such person it makes better sense to make him a human.

Takuan_Soho said:

In thinking this through, I just had the unsettled feeling that 13 isn't going to be a "true end". That there will be stuff unanswered. God I hope not.
Well, there is no "true end" or whatever. The anime is based on the first book of a trilogy, so the ending will be the ending in the novel. Unfortunately the other 2 books of the trilogy has yet to be written. Oh well.

Oct 19, 2013 2:04 PM

Oct 2012
Oh my god... this... doesn't mean anything good for next episode I guess >_<

And Benten, she is really cruel... yet honest at the same time and that's what makes her so attractive I guess.
I really wonder how this turns out, I am afraid there would be some deaths...
Oct 20, 2013 10:41 AM

May 2012
So he got betrayed by his brother well that's fucked up... and especially that ending, damn! Lets see what's next!
Nov 7, 2013 4:32 AM

Oct 2012
Aw, things really get interesting and interesting from here
Yasaburou just transform to Kame-... oops I mean whatever strong
I'll looking forward who's gonna be the ingredient for Tanuki-nabe xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 27, 2013 4:30 AM
May 2012
Benten is starting to annoy me and fuck you Soun Ebisugawa!!!!!!!!!

Come on Frog bro, help your family!!!

I wonder what will happen now.

I hope that Yasaburou can escape that ambush.
Dec 27, 2013 6:09 PM

Dec 2011
I thought I was getting myself into a comedy/SOL/fantasy, so it really kind of caught me off guard at just how cold blooded some of the characters are. Even the old Tengu master was messed up for kidnapping a girl. And of course you have the MC's incredibly unhealthy infatuation with Benten who just keeps getting more menacing by the minute. Lastly there is the family fued with eccentric characters that we see all the time in other anime and you just don't expect it to get so bloody.

This is basically a slice of life anime where people murder each other...
LayedBackDec 27, 2013 6:12 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2013 6:34 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, he was betrayed by his own brother. And Yajirou is blaming himself for everything :(
Jan 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2008
I disagree with people saying his brother being proven to be behind such actions is predictable. He was shown as a douche indeed but the whole thing was always on the slight light side. He was never shown as someone that will go as far to kill his own brother or that he was capable of being such a successful evil schemer.

Akanezora said:
I hate myself for liking Benten. No matter what was her reason, I won't like her ever again.

Benten has the mysterious femme fatale attraction(Which also explains why she is mostly disliked by the female gender if you see some of the posters here, lol). No matter what awful things she does it doesn't change the fact that she is enticing and majestic.
My opinion of her didn't change in the slightest and i don't get why people get so upset when they already knew she ate his father knowingly anyway. Conspiring with his brother to get him instead of catching him herself in the streets makes much of a difference? I really don't think so.

Anyway i doubt her actions are all based on her simply liking doing harsh things and being all evil. There is certainly more to the story.
Maybe she did it as revenge to her old master cause he knew that tanuki was his friend?
If he really kidnapped her and took her away from a life she preferred having then maybe that could be a motive.
MonadJan 14, 2014 10:08 AM
Feb 10, 2014 2:29 PM

Sep 2011
That Uncle is so bitter/jealous that it makes me angry. >:(
How could you do that to your own brother
pew pew pew
Jun 18, 2014 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

He slowly discovers the truth!
Plot more serious and profound than expected, the apprehension of Kaisei wiser than what you thought, great!
Narration almost sublime, accompanied by speeches and OST fine!
Fight Shimogamo!
Dec 7, 2014 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, I hate that uncle. What an asshole. I wonder what going to happen!?
May 24, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2009
sigh, i picked this thing up since it seemed like it could be a funny break from the horror i've been watching, but what the poop.
now i'm just getting sat and depressed, my feels are hurting all over _xD!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 6, 2017 4:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kaisei witnessed the whole ordeal, that's shocking. I feel for her :/

Yajirou needs to save the day, get out of the well!
Apr 3, 2017 1:04 AM

Sep 2015
Here we go, making moves to the end game. This episode builds up to a big reveal. Although it's one we could and should have reasonably inferred by now. Yasaburou's Uncle in a real Claudius move sold out his Dad to be eaten. Kaisei his daughter witnessed this betrayal by accident. And so she's grown withdrawn from her family. She's befriended Yajirou whose pain she understands. And hates Benten who in one of the cool unexpected touches was instrumental in trapping the elder Shimogamo. I little anticipated that's what that anecdote was setting up. But it also felt very obvious once revealed.

Most of this episode feels like place setting. A conflict is established around the Nise-mon election. All of the characters we've met have important parts to play in it. And the main tension of the series has been brought to the forefront. As Yaichirou faces the stew pot as a result of the Ebisugawa's treachery. I'd grown to like the Ebisugawa brothers a little bit. In a comic relief way. But they were so horrible in this episode. Aside from bullying little Yashirou again. I little thought they'd be participating in a plan this evil. Can't wait for their come uppance.

This episode definitely had me clamoring for the next one. I'm excited to see the brothers spring into action. Especially Yajirou who may do nothing. But it seems to me the Ebisugawas underestimating him will probably come back. As will his discussion with Yasaburou. I'm also really excited to see what Benten does when the story heats up.
Apr 23, 2017 8:30 AM
Aug 2014
Going to be pretty hard for Benten to redeem herself, never been a fan, but didn't think she was directly responsible for the death. I'd say she's much worse than Ebisugawa who has had a festering grudge against Souichirou for decades, but couldn't do anything about him because he was too powerful. It's only because of Benten that he was able to succeed.

May 7, 2017 10:34 PM

Apr 2009
At first I kinda liked Benten, but the more I know about her the more I dislike her. I dont mind mysterious femme fatale, I dislike Benten because she eats tanuki even though she knew about them being intelligent being. How can you eat creatures that you interact a lot with and know that they are intelligent beings with feelings not much different than humans? She's so self-absorbed and narcistic that she doesn't seem to care about anything than herself, she's a true psychopath by the book.
And Soun is even worse, he may have a grudge against his brother but it's not a reasonable one imo, first you cannot force someone to love you, and second losing to your brother because he's simply better than you, that's a sore loser. And a very petty reason for killing your own brother.
Sep 3, 2017 6:42 PM

Apr 2015
The Ebisugawa brothers are tricky, manipulative bastards, as we can see from this well-thought out evil plan. The only member of the Ebisugawa family that seems to be good is Kaisei (who is also a cutie in tanuki form).

Benten seemed awful this episode in the flashback. I don't know what Yasaburo sees in her.

However, I think that leaving out Yajiro as just being the frog in the well who can't do anything may be the downfall to their plan.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 10, 2017 5:16 PM

Jan 2014
Intense D: it's finally starting to add up. No wonder the ex-fiance disliked Benten.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 7, 2017 1:39 AM

Mar 2015
Awh shit, big reveal after big reveal! Shit's getting real in this episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 21, 2017 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
I love how everyone says "I hate Benten now, how could I have liked her?". I mean come on guys, hasn't it been obvious from the very beginning that she is an evil bitch and/or crazy? >.>
I'm sure there will be some big "revelation" this or next season about how Benten was nice all along, and that we just don't understand her. No, fuck off, no excuses for her.

Same with Ebisugawa. The obviously evil man was evil all along... I hope he gets made into a stew this time. I would hate to see them forgiving him or something like that. The anime would surely lose 1-2 points from me :/

Anyway, I'm sad Kaisei didn't tell them the truth sooner... She could have prevented this all along :( But I guess going against your own father is a bit steep for some people.
May 21, 2018 10:16 PM

Sep 2013
I haven't been the biggest fan of this anime, but I have to admit, this episode got me interested.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 11, 2020 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
This episode was so infuriating and powerful.

Here's me hoping that Benten can redeem herself in a satisfying way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2020 1:47 PM
Dec 2019
RazielZero said:
I love how everyone says "I hate Benten now, how could I have liked her?". I mean come on guys, hasn't it been obvious from the very beginning that she is an evil bitch and/or crazy? >.>
I'm sure there will be some big "revelation" this or next season about how Benten was nice all along, and that we just don't understand her. No, fuck off, no excuses for her.

Same with Ebisugawa. The obviously evil man was evil all along... I hope he gets made into a stew this time. I would hate to see them forgiving him or something like that. The anime would surely lose 1-2 points from me :/

Anyway, I'm sad Kaisei didn't tell them the truth sooner... She could have prevented this all along :( But I guess going against your own father is a bit steep for some people.

Yeah I don't understand people who liked Benten to begin with. Are they just that focused on her looks? She was a manipulative bitch from the get go that preyed on idiotic older men. What infuriates me is how every man in the show worships the ground she walks on, like just because she's so hot she can get away with anything. She's the main reason for the suspension of disbelief, especially when the main character has a crush on the psychopath that ate his dad. Like what??? In what world does that make any sense? In what world does it make sense that such a dignified middle aged man who's married would piss his pants at the sight of Benten? So the same guy that transformed into a mountain is written so that he can't transform in the presence of a pretty woman and that's the excuse for his death? You can use that excuse for a comedy gag, you can't use that excuse for a fricking death. And then everyone acts like just because she's lonely and mysterious makes her likable. It's not exactly Benten's character in a vacuum that's bad. It's the way everyone else around her accepts her actions. She can do what she did, and I'll accept that, but to see other characters treat her other than a murderer is stupid.

I'm pretty sure the show is going to insert a twist and explain Benten's actions so all I just said sounds foolish, but up until this point there is no supporting evidence for her likability and it's frustrating to see people like her for essentially being a pair of tits. Take away her good looks, and you'd all hate her to the bone.
RecynonMay 5, 2020 1:56 PM
May 27, 2020 10:46 AM

May 2016
Guess it explains why Benten cries at times for the guilt she done towards the family.
brothers like that should just die what a jerk.
Sep 11, 2020 6:50 AM

Sep 2018
I've really been enjoying this anime - everything from the music to the visuals to the characters are well-executed, and this episode raising the stakes was definitely a welcome shift. My main complaint, however, is that I wish Yajirou would stop mentioning that he's a 'frog in a well' every other line. It's getting really annoying.
Apr 1, 2021 1:44 PM

Aug 2016
So Uncle Knobhead was behind it all, perhaps if this is revealed to Froggy he might be able to shed his guilt, transform back and save his family, here's hoping.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 11, 2021 6:05 AM

Jul 2016
na358999 said:
pokpokza said:

i agree she is really evil, and i hate myself that i liked her

i thought benten didnt involve in yaraburou father getting caught - -''

Benten is not evil. She is there to eat Tanuki.
Jan 30, 2023 12:57 PM

Jan 2021
I wonder how Yasaburou sees Benten now. Is it still the same? Or is there any grudge even a little bit?

The Ebisugawa family is filled with jerks except Kaisei. I hope all those jerks disappear into thin air.

"I thought it was something like that. I just thought it for so long that I'm actually surprised now" :(

The question is, did Benten know at that time that the tanuki she wanted to bring was Yasaburou's father? Tbh I don't hate her but not a fan of her either.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2013

83 by blinddig »»
Mar 8, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Do you think the series will get a s3?

Vamp_Lord - Oct 28, 2023

4 by InNeedOfAName »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:30 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

95 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2013

104 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2013

105 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 9, 2023 4:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.