Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2013 11:04 PM
Jan 2013
There's usually a difference between the adaptation of a manga and the manga itself, even more-so if there's a novel. Watching the anime I had to literally choke down the rest of season 1. The taste in my mouth won't even allow me to pick up S2. Reason being I already don't care much for MC bashing. Sure, there are some comedies that are funny that way cause of certain characters but when the main interaction of a series pretty much revolves around character bashing to me it just looks like bullying and it becomes less and less entertaining the more it happens.

Which partially leads me to my question. Is this series worth it in the long run(Despite hearing that the scantilation was dropped.)? More accurately does Kanako's bashing dwindle at all? Far as I can tell it only gets worse.

Sure sadistic characters are meant to be...well...sadistic however it's one thing to be sadistic and another to be abusive.(though I'm sure others would argue that the line is thin. I wouldn't really know but I know how I Myself feel about it.)

I don't care if Mariya starts liking Kanako it's not something I want, expect, or am looking forward to though it would be nice if there were enough redeeming characteristics about the guy to sit through the abuse he and his maid tosses out there(I guess to be fair the maid dishes out abuse to Mariya as-well...I guess.)

It'd be a whole different story if the story was written to be about the drama of being bullied but it's being played way to hard for laughs that to me make me feel like I'm laughing at the fact that she's interested in women rather than she's a total pervert who needs to calm down most of the time.(Granted some times a little bashing when Kanako gets out of control would be funny but usually--at least in the anime TO ME--it seems like the bashing is from when Kanako wakes up till Kanako goes to sleep because she's interested in the same sex, and is tall, on top of being perverse.)

Is the Meat and Potatoes of this series the MC Abuse? If so it'll be the first Parody, Comedy that I have to personally blacklist. I've watched plenty of Anime and read plenty of Manga where the MC gets bashed because of Cliche' misunderstandings, Tsundere's, the Token Bully(ies), and MC's over-the-top antics.

I'm not even homosexual and certain situations ALMOST feel like a big 'Fuck You' to homosexuals. ALMOST. That plus bashing everything else about her? Abuse. Does ANY of this get better, or is this strictly for the (S&M) crowd of anime and manga enthusiasts.
Dec 27, 2013 6:58 PM
Jan 2013
Months later with new(also translated? maybe?) chapters I'm guessing it doesn't get better and my choice to abandon the series at the anime level and not even bother with the manga was the right one.

More topics from this board

» It's publishing or it was cancelled?

Sakume - Dec 4, 2011

13 by msgundam2 »»
Dec 12, 2018 8:45 AM

» Maria†Holic - New set of pictures

KuroDubZero - Oct 13, 2011

1 by Sakume »»
Nov 29, 2011 7:46 AM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Chapter 21 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 24, 2011

1 by Sakume »»
Aug 4, 2011 7:54 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Chapter 6 Discussion

JohnyBeGood - Apr 12, 2011

0 by JohnyBeGood »»
Apr 12, 2011 8:14 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Chapter 19 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Mar 10, 2011

0 by HawthorneKitty »»
Mar 10, 2011 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.