Forum Settings
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2013 1:51 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
>What is this?
LOL

So another girl named Tokisaka is introduced. I guess she seems interesting at least and a hunter huh? Looks like they might not be the best of friends..
Sep 7, 2013 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
Man I was gonna say... WTF A GUY? That would have destroyed my brain.

And poor girl, at the end. Owned. Now she'll become a vampire too? Haha!
Sep 7, 2013 2:32 PM

Sep 2012
SHINMEI ! SHINMEI !

ZANGANKEN !

MOUHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

( The fan of setsuna here lost it )
Sep 7, 2013 4:35 PM
Sep 2012
"Shinmeiryuu, huh ? That name takes me back."
Sep 7, 2013 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
In celebration of my first kiss with Ojou-sama special.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 7, 2013 6:45 PM

May 2011
Really miss negima now, might read the whole manga again xo

Sep 7, 2013 6:51 PM

Mar 2008
antonnn said:
Man I was gonna say... WTF A GUY? That would have destroyed my brain.

And poor girl, at the end. Owned. Now she'll become a vampire too? Haha!

The character is a male though. What?
Sep 7, 2013 7:35 PM

Mar 2009
chaazho and razisgosu are your forum avatars from same anime? XD They are so synced with each other :D

And that new character is a guy? This cant be!
Sep 7, 2013 7:37 PM

Mar 2012
SleepnDreamn said:
chaazho and razisgosu are your forum avatars from same anime? XD They are so synced with each other :D
No the first is from SAO and the second is from Tari Tari.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 7, 2013 8:31 PM

Aug 2011
Im really confuse is the Tokisaka a girl or a boy????
Sep 7, 2013 9:37 PM

Mar 2009
daime17 said:

For now I think it's a girl. Why would a boy cover his chest with towel? If Tokisaka is related to Setsuna She might be on a mission to prove her worth as swordwoman. Probably going to end up protecting our hero at some point from corruptive influence of Eva :D
Sep 7, 2013 9:44 PM

Jul 2008
That fool, even Setsuna which was a master at the Shinmeiryuu style while using a magic artifact couldn't even hope to put one single scratch on Eva.

I seriously don't know what's in the mind of the people that sent a kid only to get killed.

Anyway, it's pretty much obvious that Touta will ask Eva to save that guy and that they'll end up travelling together one way or another.
Sep 7, 2013 10:58 PM

Jun 2013
no way that kuruomarus a boy.everything about him/her looks like a girl(even the way she covered herself when touta bumped into her in the waterfall) and kind of sad that she(im just going to call kuruomaru a girl)got stabbed by yukihime. i was expecting touta to find another companion besides yukihime as the other girl just ended up staying in the village and not traveling with them.
mrbakchoi888Sep 7, 2013 11:02 PM
Sep 8, 2013 1:40 AM

Aug 2011
SleepnDreamn said:
daime17 said:

For now I think it's a girl. Why would a boy cover his chest with towel? If Tokisaka is related to Setsuna She might be on a mission to prove her worth as swordwoman. Probably going to end up protecting our hero at some point from corruptive influence of Eva :D

I agree and I think she/he is a relative of makoto(Love Hina).
Sep 8, 2013 6:30 AM

Aug 2008
How come the third chapter is already out? Was there some special or there were two chapters in issue 41?
Does that mean we'll get a next one this Wednesday?

Also, I refuse to believe Tokisaka is boy... though I think Akamatsu COULD be that much of a troll...
Sep 8, 2013 7:52 AM

May 2010
Marcusss, maybe the scanlators were very late with ch.2 translation. I think it was a while since ch1 was out.
Sep 8, 2013 8:07 AM

Aug 2008
OneMore said:
Marcusss, maybe the scanlators were very late with ch.2 translation. I think it was a while since ch1 was out.
First chapter was released on August 28th, that means chapter 2 should had been released on September 4th and chapter 3 on September 11th. It is September 8th! By any means it is 12 days since the first chapter was released. That's no way enough time for 3 issues of WEEKLY Shonen Magazine to be released.
Sep 8, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2010
Well, I didn't check the dates. Then it's probably a double chapter, as you say.
Sep 8, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2013
Marcusss said:
OneMore said:
First chapter was released on August 28th, that means chapter 2 should had been released on September 4th and chapter 3 on September 11th. It is September 8th! By any means it is 12 days since the first chapter was released. That's no way enough time for 3 issues of WEEKLY Shonen Magazine to be released.

maybe chapter 3 was released earlier and chapter 4 will be released the week after.im just guessing i dont really know if its true or not but if it was a double upload and we get chapter 4 this week then cool.
Sep 8, 2013 12:55 PM

Sep 2013
This is not a double chapter. Chapter 2 officially came out this Wednesday and Chapter 3 officially comes out next Wednesday in three days. The scanlation groups got early raws, that's why this chapter was released so early.
Sep 8, 2013 1:53 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Man, I read the entirety of Negima in 3-4 days last Christmas, gonna feel awkward reading this at this pace instead, especially given that I hate reading non-finished stuff... but I'm gonna have to make an exception for this.

Looking cool so far at least ^^
Sep 8, 2013 2:28 PM

Aug 2010
Damn the end was brutal!

It's obvious she'll (I'm calling her a girl until proven otherwise) live though since she's on the main character cover page hehe.
Sep 8, 2013 5:41 PM

Mar 2012
It look like many insist that Tokisaka is a girl.
Sep 8, 2013 6:40 PM

Jul 2008
NeoAnkara said:
It look like many insist that Tokisaka is a girl.

Yes.
It's Ken Akamatsu we are talking about, the guy that can't help but turn every series he made into a harem.

To me Tokisaka is the kind of girl that is ashamed to be a girl. She was probably raised as a man or rather as a weapon only to carry some kind of mission (In this case it is very likely to kill shinso vampires).
The mention of her having a cute face and that her first reaction when she was seen in the river was to hide her breast pretty much give it away.

Also Ken don't do yaoi pairing.
Sep 8, 2013 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
Shangetsu said:
Till now I'm still don't know what method Albeiro use to get a pactio card.
Sep 8, 2013 7:07 PM

Jul 2008
NeoAnkara said:
Shangetsu said:

There's more than one way to make a pactio.
Kissing is the popular method to do it with someone of the opposite sex but you can also exchange blood between the mage and the magister magi.
That's the method that was hinted to have been used by Nagi to make his pactio with his male companions.
Sep 8, 2013 7:12 PM

Mar 2012
Shangetsu said:
NeoAnkara said:
Shangetsu said:

There's more than one way to make a pactio.
Kissing is the popular method to do it with someone of the opposite sex but you can also exchange blood between the mage and the magister magi.
That's the method that was hinted to have been used by Nagi to make his pactio with his male companions.
I'm so used by the kissing method that I forgot blood pact exist lol.
Sep 8, 2013 9:18 PM

Mar 2009
Could this be one of Eva's sudden tests? To measure our hero magic aptitude. He is related to Konoka so healing a wound like that is in range of possibility for him.

He managed to recover his arms right away either due to being a vampire or cause he healed himself with different power.
Sep 9, 2013 12:48 AM

Oct 2008
SleepnDreamn said:
daime17 said:

For now I think it's a girl. Why would a boy cover his chest with towel?

An0drogynous humor? To troll he living s*** out of people?

Sep 10, 2013 3:56 AM

Jun 2012
Honestly, I'm fine with Kuroumaru turning out to be a male. Of course there is a chance that we're just being tricked and he really is a male. Mainly, I kind of want a male now... before it was suggested I was kind of hoping/expecting it would Touta's primary love interest. But now I kinda like the idea of him being a male because it's unexpected. He could be Negi's Kotarou, rather than his Asuna. Speaking of Kotarou makes me hope to see his and Natsumi's kid.

Also, I think it'd feel more fresh to have a male main character who uses Shinmei Ryu. But, I think I'll be satisfied either way. This whole incident makes me wonder if Evangeline and Setsuna might have had some sort of falling out since Negima. Otherwise it seems strange to me that users of the Shinmei Ryu would be after Evangeline. Of course, Setsuna is just one member of her family... and may not be the reason for the hunt.

daime17 said:

I agree and I think she/he is a relative of makoto(Love Hina).

In my opinion I think he/she is related to Asuna. I mean... the hair looks like Setsuna's and Matoko is also a user of Shinmei Ryu... but that face looks WAY too much like Asuna's.

Yuzukko said:
"Shinmeiryuu, huh ? That name takes me back."

... *stab through the heart*. -Evangline A.K. McDowell
HalibelTheEspadaSep 10, 2013 4:06 AM
Sep 10, 2013 4:47 AM
Apr 2011
i finished of negima yesterday after finally getting a hold of volumes 37 and 38 and absolutely loved it. i then went to update my status and viewed the mangas profile on here. and to my surprise i found a sequel. Im loving these first 3 chapters so far and will definitely read this every week. hope it gets an English release at some point as well.

as for the discussion. i think she is a she and not a he because of her reactions. also if you look at Ken's other works, all the major characters he introduces that are main characters are nearly always female, Once the female main cast are introduced, he then starts with the males. It may be a weird reason but im sticking to it.
Sep 10, 2013 6:43 AM
Apr 2013
That Tokisaka remind me of Setsuna
Oct 6, 2013 3:15 PM

Dec 2010
Hm, another absorbing chapter, can't wait to see the next one.

But ewwwwww, a guy?
Jan 16, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2011
Man this really hooked me on
Aug 7, 2015 10:55 PM

Jul 2015
Okay good chapter 4/5
Oct 17, 2017 4:10 AM

Dec 2013
It’s hard to believe that Kuromaru is a dude..

Poor kid never stood a chance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 192 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Feb 8, 2022

15 by HibiChika »»
Dec 31, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 150 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 149 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 7:07 AM

» Ending

Radtoter - Apr 24, 2022

13 by Radtoter »»
Dec 4, 2022 7:23 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 184 Discussion

zkl_ - Jun 8, 2021

15 by otakukid »»
Dec 3, 2022 11:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.