Forum Settings
Forums
New
do you think your #1 anime ever be topped?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 13, 2013 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
Nothing tops Perfect Blue.

Sep 13, 2013 8:54 PM

Sep 2013
Yes, growing up with NGE, always loved it and always will.

Since the rebuilds are utter shit, literally destroying all the characters, story and even the franchise weren't able to hold a twig against the series, all my hopes of letting this show die peacefully are gone.

Gods dammit, they are the worst thing that has happened to anime in the past 15 years, a disgrace for NGE and all it has built up.
Internet-piracy is the cancer of Anime, leechers need to get caught and die out!
Sep 13, 2013 8:56 PM

Oct 2011
It used to be, that is, until the raging fags started creating troll accounts.
Sep 13, 2013 9:02 PM

Feb 2012
Doubt it. Mine will probably never even be dubbed.
Sep 13, 2013 9:39 PM
Feb 2012
yeah my bad every1 . meant to say topped i swear i thought i wrote topped but yeah

do you think your #1 anime ever be topped? yes or no

appreciate
Sep 13, 2013 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
dodoberry said:
Highly doubt it
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Sep 14, 2013 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
Its almost there, It only needs 69673 viewers and 0.06 more in score.

-Clannad:AS

Thats not my top number 1 anime tho. Its a fav.
Sep 14, 2013 1:22 AM

Sep 2011
Yes if there'll be a "proper" Tsukihime anime and/or a perfect anime adaptation of Rewrite.

Sep 14, 2013 1:33 AM

Jan 2013
Probably not. Most people on MAL are/have the following:

Under 15

Can't appreciate great dialogue

Short attention span

Have crappy taste to begin with.

Stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Akira, Ghost In The Shell is too much for most MAL users brains to process correctly. Sadly that's the truth.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Sep 14, 2013 1:39 AM

Mar 2013
Nope, I'm aware that not everyone likes drama.
Sep 14, 2013 1:46 AM
Aug 2011
MajinSaga said:

Under 15

Short attention span

Stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Akira, Ghost In The Shell is too much for most MAL users brains to process correctly. Sadly that's the truth.

Well aren't you the sharpest crayon in the box?
Sep 14, 2013 1:48 AM
Jun 2012
its impossible
Sep 14, 2013 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
Gurren Lagann. So nah; most people who watch anime for something other than strictly entertainment value (unlike myself) would consider it a joke I think.

Besides, there's far too many other shows which, in my opinion, are much more well-rounded. It may be up there, but it'll never be in the top spot, and I'm fine with that because I don't think it deserves it...despite being my favorite.
Sep 14, 2013 1:57 AM

Apr 2009
Do people really have one anime that they rate over all others? I have like under ten but more than five favs whose order would depend entirely on my mood. With that setup the answer is always yes.
Sep 14, 2013 2:51 AM

Dec 2011
Shinimiras said:
Do people really have one anime that they rate over all others? I have like under ten but more than five favs whose order would depend entirely on my mood. With that setup the answer is always yes.

I do. I've rated Aria the Origination 10/10. My consciousness won't allow it to be grouped with any other anime unless it's on equal or similar footing. As a result, it's the only one I've rated a 10/10.

I actually WANT my #1 to be topped though. That means I'll have watched something better, which sounds pretty good to me :)
Sep 14, 2013 3:01 AM

Oct 2011
MajinSaga said:

Under 15

Short attention span

I see. Glad to know.
Sep 14, 2013 3:04 AM

Jun 2013
Not sure, I didn't watch all anime ever.
Sep 14, 2013 3:24 AM

Apr 2013
No. Not everyone can appreciate the greatness of a certain anime. Just as George Bernard Shaw said:

"The minority is sometimes right; the majority always wrong."

Sep 14, 2013 3:49 AM

May 2013
MajinSaga said:

Under 15

Short attention span

Or they just aren't that good, at least not by today's standards. It's not that series made in the future are always better than series in the past, but they are more likely to be better due to what is widely available today that wasn't available back then. Much like video games actually. Is Halo 4 better than Sonic The Hedgehog 2? Maybe so, maybe not depending on who you ask, but when you compare them, you can see how far we have come, and we could not have made Halo 4 back then.
Sep 14, 2013 5:15 AM

Aug 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
MajinSaga said:

Under 15

Short attention span

Or they just aren't that good, at least not by today's standards. It's not that series made in the future are always better than series in the past, but they are more likely to be better due to what is widely available today that wasn't available back then. Much like video games actually. Is Halo 4 better than Sonic The Hedgehog 2? Maybe so, maybe not depending on who you ask, but when you compare them, you can see how far we have come, and we could not have made Halo 4 back then.

No they just as good if not better than most it is just the animation quality which puts many people off and the depth that they bring along with them
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Sep 14, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2013
I have been watching anime for a while now and my top anime has changed multiple times sometimes on an a daily basis. It is more the fact that, for me at least, there is no anime that I can distinguish being the best out of my list. However it is also that there are many anime that I just haven't watched.

For example I recently watched Mushi-Shi and that jumped to my top five within ten seconds of finishing the anime.

So in short there will always be an anime that can top my top anime it's just a fact of life
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Sep 14, 2013 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
yes
Sep 14, 2013 5:57 AM
Jul 2013
Never. Not at this point. Saki is almost sacred to me nowadays, damn...
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Sep 14, 2013 8:13 AM

Dec 2012
If Little Busters Refrain does well it will, if not just no.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 14, 2013 8:21 AM

Oct 2012
I hope Ohba and Obata will serialize a new manga which could very well be my new favorite.
Sep 14, 2013 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
ThaBlackPrince said:
will your #1 anime ever be top ?

If by that you mean #1 on MAL, I don't think so. I don't have the same taste as the majority.
ThaBlackPrince said:
do you think your #1 anime ever be topped?

If by that you mean if I'll ever see a better anime, I hope so. I always want to see better shows.
Sep 14, 2013 9:01 AM

Feb 2013
I hope I can watch something that is better than my top anime.
Sep 14, 2013 9:27 AM

Feb 2008
I don't think so. I've watched too much anime already. Maybe something will come along in a few years, but looking at my 'plan to watch' list, there's nothing that speaks to me as "hey, this could be top 10 quality".
Sep 14, 2013 9:29 AM

Dec 2011
Veronin said:
I don't think so. I've watched too much anime already. Maybe something will come along in a few years, but looking at my 'plan to watch' list, there's nothing that speaks to me as "hey, this could be top 10 quality".

You know what they say... You can never have "too much".
Sep 14, 2013 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
Veronin said:
I was actually at your amount of anime watched when I found or realized my favorite anime. And if you've watched that much anime then you know that anime you had low expectations for can really surprise you.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 14, 2013 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
It probably will. I haven't watched a lot of anime yet, so the chances will stay quite high for a while.
Sep 14, 2013 9:38 AM

Feb 2008
Robin6128 said:
Veronin said:

You know what they say... You can never have "too much".

Oh, I've still got a loooong way to go. There's people with over a thousand completed that are still actively watching anime. That seems kinda crazy to me right now.

Introverturtled said:
Veronin said:
I was actually at your amount of anime watched when I found or realized my favorite anime. And if you've watched that much anime then you know that anime you had low expectations for can really surprise you.

Really? Maybe I should keep digging then. I think I've already found another 10/10 ("Touch") but it ain't quite my all-time favorite.
Sep 14, 2013 10:43 AM

Aug 2013
Veronin said:
Introverturtled said:
Veronin said:

Really? Maybe I should keep digging then. I think I've already found another 10/10 ("Touch") but it ain't quite my all-time favorite.
Yes though it was through rewatching. Never thought that most of my 10s deserved a 10 until rewatching, even though the stories didn't change, watching them years after my first watch changed the way I saw them. An older anime, that's always a way to go to find new 10s. There's also stuff like rewatching and shorts to help you find 10s. Dig and dig but don't expect to find one that will rival your top, that creates too high of an expectation that usually lowers what you think of the anime and your top usually has special meaning so it's hard to find a new anime that will overcome that.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 15, 2013 4:00 PM

Aug 2012
Sadly no. I intend to have favorite animes that most people don't particularly hate, but like.
Sep 15, 2013 4:50 PM

Jun 2013
Code Geass might someday but no day soon.

Sep 15, 2013 4:57 PM
Sep 2013
It's highly unlikely. And even if it does happen, Welcome to the NHK will always something special to me.
Sep 15, 2013 6:38 PM

Apr 2013
Utena is too repetitive to ever be the top anime on MAL, but I will always love it.
Cat Soup is under 1000 and too weird.
I must have shit taste.
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Sep 15, 2013 6:40 PM

Apr 2013
My top 5 aren't in order it's just the 5 I like the most. If I had a top 10 I'd have 10 there.
Sep 15, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
I doubt it, there are too pussies who will rate it with a bad score.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Sep 15, 2013 8:42 PM

Feb 2013
(best I can tell, this thread is about each person's own "top" list...)

I didn't think I find anything that could surpass Le Portrait de Petite Cossette... but then I watched Madoka. I think it's only a matter of time before I find something to top that, but I think it will be a while. Cossette was at the top of my list for probably at least 5 years, so I don't anticipate anything will beat Madoka for a few years.

I suspect that my taste in anime will change over the years. Something I might never consider to be that "great" right now, might take the top spot in a few years.

(voted "yes")
... but perhaps this is just wishful thinking.
Sep 15, 2013 9:56 PM

Apr 2013
2-D said:
I doubt it. It's kind of hard to top something that has over 600 episodes to tell an amazing story and build characters.
hahahahaha

OnT: no.
Sep 15, 2013 10:01 PM

Feb 2013
Possibly, I've yet to see anything that can top Beck, but my favorite is definitely subject to change because my favorites have been topped many times before because I've been watching anime since the 90s.
Sep 15, 2013 10:50 PM

Jun 2009
I actually thought the OP meant would "your favorite anime ever be on top" as in on top of the rankings on this site. I think that would be a somewhat interesting topic.

Any, I agree with the idea that say your favorite will never be topped is pretty much the same as handicapping other series and never really giving them a chance to top your favorite series. So, yeah, I wouldn't mind if mine is ever topped. Then again, I'm not sure what is my absolute favorite series anyway.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2013 12:01 AM

Jan 2013
The thought of there possibly being titles even better than YYH or JJBA gives me chills. The good kind.
Salmon is delicious.
Sep 16, 2013 2:14 AM

Sep 2012
2-D said:
I doubt it. It's kind of hard to top something that has over 600 episodes to tell an amazing story and build characters.

Took the words right from my mouth. One Piece will always be my number 1, not matter what.
Sep 16, 2013 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
Something will top Eva in my list? Nehh. Most likely no other show will ever do that. :>
Sep 16, 2013 8:41 AM

Nov 2012
I have too much of an emotional attachment to Clannad that I doubt anything will ever be higher.
Sep 16, 2013 8:57 AM

Oct 2011
Ever since I saw Death Note, it's still my #1. It's #19 here on MAL, which is kinda topped already I guess. I heard it was #1 back in the days when it was airing.
Sep 25, 2013 2:38 PM

Oct 2009
It would be hard for an anime to take Gintama's place, but I suppose it could happen.
Sep 25, 2013 2:44 PM
Mar 2013
I think it's extremely ignorant to consider your favourite anime to be the best
There are probably hundreds of shows better than my favourites that aren't to my liking or I haven't seen
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 8 hours ago

21 by LightWorker »»
42 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

157 by nishant0 »»
3 minutes ago

» Buying multiple copies?

Otakupervert890 - Apr 21

13 by MeguSae38 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - 12 hours ago

19 by Otakupervert890 »»
8 minutes ago

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - 11 hours ago

19 by Ravex1 »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.