Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Sep 13, 2018 9:46 AM

Dec 2015
Sad episode, but also good one.

Poor Petra's father T-T
Oct 28, 2018 6:54 PM
Nov 2017
So Levi took an emblem from one of his squad mates, and later he had to give it to another soldier saying that it belonged to Ivan, since he needed it the most...
Too much for me ;-;
Nov 18, 2018 7:27 AM

Aug 2014
is it just me or nothing happened in this episode? they could skip half of this ;/
I still don't know hot to rate this anime... damn
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 7, 2019 8:36 AM

Sep 2014
Even though unnamed side characters die like flies, the named ones always manage to make me feel. Everyone has a backstory, family or friends. AoT manages to make all of them feel human to me, so losses actually have impact.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 7, 2019 1:27 PM
Mar 2019
was levi planning on marrying petra?
Aug 17, 2019 3:36 PM

Jul 2016
Probably one of the most contrived and manipulative episodes of the whole series. Trying to make us cry with all the family scenes. I really hate shows that start killing off everybody and then try to make people cry with stuff like this. So corny and unnecessary.

Best part of the episode was Levi sawing down the titan's arm....but really if he can do all this stuff why isn't he leading the fray every time?

Why isn't he teaching these moves in class???
Aug 17, 2019 3:47 PM

Jul 2016
_anata_baka_ said:
was levi planning on marrying petra?

i doubt it? I got that her father thought that petra had a crush on levi. nothing more. That may or may not be true or maybe it was partially true that she had the hots for him. Doesn't mean anything past that to me. And maybe he would have reciprocated her interest but he probably has a policy never to get involved with anyone because they'll just die.
Aug 17, 2019 3:51 PM

Jul 2016
The other thing i found EXTREMELY unbelievable is that they would even have time to get EVERY SINGLE BODY! (minus five). That's crap. No wayyyyyyy any body would be worth getting with the active titans around. And also no way they would know erhe they all were. Vague rembmerences but would you really want to play "hunt the body" with the female titan and her friends out there? NO WAY!

Was just another author manipulation to induce feeling when they had to dump the corpses. I DO like the writing in this show but felt that whole sequence was a big miss.
Nov 12, 2019 10:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was so sad, so touching and so great.
This is truly a masterpiece
Jan 2, 2020 8:05 PM

Aug 2018
Fucking fuck this

They fucking throw petras body this is too much i guess it what makes this anime good compare to others that it really shows how people really decide when life and death matters. Sacrfices needed to be done in order to survive and achieve something.

That levi and mikasa vs female titan was really good and well made. So annie will be showing next ep i guess she has a bigger role in this series
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 8, 2020 3:12 PM

Jun 2017
Levi invoked za warudo ..It was effective & wait did the female T just cried...So Eld was a newlywed or just about to be married..Feel sorry for the girl..And so they were called upon by the Central..Let's see how it unfolds
Mar 14, 2020 11:47 PM

Mar 2019
The operation was a complete failure and now they have to face the consequences.

But, the thing that I love about this episode is that Levi thinks about everyone's life and how they are affected by the Titans.
Jul 28, 2020 5:58 PM
Jul 2020
lots of sadness and despair : (
Jul 30, 2020 9:50 AM

Mar 2019
Ahh, that moment with petra's father was sadd. But I LOVE LEVII!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 30, 2020 9:50 AM

Mar 2019
Ahh, that moment with petra's father was sadd. But I LOVE LEVII!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 22, 2020 7:25 AM

Feb 2019
Respects to the heroes who sacrificed their lives.

RIP.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 6, 2020 9:06 AM

Jan 2019
Sooo, this arc was pretty useless, wasn't it? I mean, as a watcher I got a pretty good idea on who is the female traitor, but in the characters pov they didn't got anything out of this excursion.

Although it makes sense, considering even while Eren was a kid the team was kinda useless.
Nov 7, 2020 4:14 PM

Feb 2020
levi vs the female titan was some of the coolest shit i've ever seeeeeeeeen what a man, and the moment he gave dieter the crest was touching too. who cares if everyone thinks he's overrated, i love him

but all those people yelling at the survey corps, why don't they go outside the walls and see for themselves instead of complaining? they are doing what they can gosh

i'm not entirely sure of the purpose of this female titan arc but i'm super interested to see where this show goes because it's bringing up a lot of ideas
Nov 23, 2020 4:53 PM
Jun 2020
IM LITERALLY CRYING. this was such an emotional episode to me, wtf
Dec 5, 2020 4:21 AM

Apr 2020
The scene when they dispose of the corpses, damn, so sad
Dec 11, 2020 11:03 PM

May 2020
This episode was painful...I'm literally crying...

Dec 17, 2020 1:48 AM

Aug 2018
Most horrifying episode of the show so far, all those deaths and the whole scary scenery of what remains of Survey Corps truly made this into deep and well established episode.

I just feel so bad about all losses in Levi's squad , especially Petra, you just know Levi cared about her a lot but couldn't let his emotions get in the way during female titan chase. He went full baddass mode on the titan tho and I witnessed such an epic attacking performance.

I guess this show really wanted to show us at least the small part of what war veterans in real life expierenced in the battlefield because this is a pretty accurate depiction of those feelings.

Dec 26, 2020 10:21 PM

Nov 2020
I know a lot of Attack on Titan fans call episodes like this "filler" but as far as filler episodes go, this was one of the best ones I've seen. This episode was filled with emotion and character development. This was a brutal depiction of the aftermath of a war.

The ending scene with the Scouts returning and Petra's father was heartbreaking. Really a masterful scene.
Jan 19, 2021 4:27 AM

Oct 2013
fuck... these last two episodes have been utterly devastating.

That schmuck rerouting to pick up Ivan's corpse, incurring more death and losing every corpse in consequence was a gross irony, but I loved Levi's response. There's that gut instinct that was like, "Look at what you did," yet Levi handled him with compassion. I had to stop for a second and think: Levi could have directed his fury at that guy's failure, or he could reflect inwards his own incompetence as a leader to bolster his team's morale and placate them during this moment of trauma and grief. I saw that as the latter, and his response making up for the lack of compassion he showed earlier.

Everyone is weak.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 28, 2021 4:11 AM

Dec 2008
Fucking Dieter, man.
Was it worth it, Dieter? Was it? You couldn't even bring Ivan back properly, lead the titans to the troops, and made other families lose bodies to mourn.
I was honestly expecting Levy to beat the shit out of him, but I think his response was more human. No matter how unfeeling and heartless he looks, I think his quiet mourning is very Levy-like. You can't stay sane in Survey Corps if you let every death get you emotional. At some point, you have to accept that anybody can die, even if they were laughing next to you 2 seconds ago.

Jesus, what a gut-wrenching episode. It's one thing to realize that your allies died in vain because you couldn't complete the mission, but also having to throw away their corpses just so you can get away from titans is really devastating.

R.I.P Petra, Gunther, Oluo, Eld, and all others who were killed by the female titan
I hope you guys will be avenged soon enough.
UncrowJan 28, 2021 4:17 AM
Feb 2, 2021 3:38 PM
Aug 2020
;______________________________________________________________;

me too Eren me too :')
Feb 15, 2021 10:13 PM

Aug 2020
The scene with Petra's dad T_T She was so young T_T
Feb 16, 2021 7:17 AM

Sep 2019
Nagisa_Kagamine said:
yeah, she was young but still old enough to die.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 16, 2021 9:40 AM
Nov 2019
Peeti said:
Nagisa_Kagamine said:

I haven't watched this far yet and was wondering if you think the last season is a lot better or not
Feb 16, 2021 10:30 PM

Sep 2019
pizzaharuhi said:
Peeti said:

I haven't watched this far yet and was wondering if you think the last season is a lot better or not
it's a mixed bag. Hype is carrying this season.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jun 30, 2021 8:30 PM

Jun 2020
This hellish scene was over and they recovered Eren but Levi got hurt in the process of it but at least they went back instead of killing it but the guilt just passes on

Others went back for a body and almost got them in the process and Levi was not happy they have to throw the bodies of their comrades that passed away, That scene when they threw Petra's body Levi was just blank and also hit me hard all of them died in the end

Erwin has to toughen up and take the blame for them and when Petra's dad talked to Levi, That's pretty emotional, unbearable.
Oct 22, 2021 10:11 AM
Nov 2020
The moment that Petra’s father talks to Levi is heartbreaking.
Oct 30, 2021 5:08 PM
Apr 2021
Uncrow said:
Fucking Dieter, man.
Was it worth it, Dieter? Was it? You couldn't even bring Ivan back properly, lead the titans to the troops, and made other families lose bodies to mourn.
I was honestly expecting Levy to beat the shit out of him, but I think his response was more human. No matter how unfeeling and heartless he looks, I think his quiet mourning is very Levy-like. You can't stay sane in Survey Corps if you let every death get you emotional. At some point, you have to accept that anybody can die, even if they were laughing next to you 2 seconds ago.

Jesus, what a gut-wrenching episode. It's one thing to realize that your allies died in vain because you couldn't complete the mission, but also having to throw away their corpses just so you can get away from titans is really devastating.

R.I.P Petra, Gunther, Oluo, Eld, and all others who were killed by the female titan
I hope you guys will be avenged soon enough.

Agreed. I hope their deaths will be avenged.
Levi thought that dumping the bodies was the most efficient way to escape from the titans. It just so happened that one of the corpses was Petra's body. That was heartbreaking and I'm sure it was for Levi as well. And now Levi is injured. F
Jan 13, 2022 6:43 AM

Dec 2020
THEEEE MIKASA-LEVI DUO IN ACTION LETS GOOOO

them throwing away the dead bodies was just.. wow. apparently those were filler? some nice ones if i do say so myself. them getting back and eren looking at kids that were like him 5 years ago broke me. seeing the scouts returning after seeing what it is they returned from brought it on a whole new level

btw forgot to mention this last discussion but that person who was near historia while guarding up in the tree ... Yo. smirks hope we see them more often
May 19, 2022 3:26 PM
Apr 2022
Poor levi he is sad because of his friends
Nov 30, 2022 9:25 AM
Aug 2022
petras father had me in tears
Mar 17, 2023 5:12 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It has been established that the survey corps mostly if not always have failed in their expeditions outside the walls in hopes of finding the origins of the titans and with it a way of defeating them for good. So when our main character, who also can turn into a titan, joins them, things will be different this time, right?! They're finally going to succeed, right??! Instead, no, and in fact we experience more of this brutal reality than in the first episode, because now it is entirely from the perspective of Eren. I love them showing the flashback of Eren hearing the murmuring of "our taxes just go to fatten them (the titans) up", but instead this time after picking up the stick to attack them, he stops in his tracks, shaking, distraught by the fact that those words were, to an extent, true. This show is bleak. I don't know how much of it was anime original, but if showing the families of the members of Levi's squad was original, that was a good choice, especially Petra's dad at the end. Damn.

And even though you can easily hate this Dieter character for going to retrieve his friend's body and thus bringing a horde of titans with him, he must be feeling the worst of all, sitting in one of the wagons that was holding all the dead bodies, now having had to be dumped because of him. Because of him several families won't be able to give their fallen a proper burial or send-off, and heck, Dieter wasn't even able to bring back the body he went for, and in fact also lost the one beside him who helped him retrieve the body. 

There's hope for humanity... and then is immediately trampled upon. Attack on Titan at its finest.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 17, 2023 9:28 PM
Nov 2021
This can't get anymore brutal... SO many people died in this mission :_(
I don't want to see that female titan AGAIN she makes me so mad, but still want to see who is controlling it and why it cried
Petra deserved so much better, she was so sweet I lvoed her while she was alive, want more flashbacks of her at least ;;
5/5
Mar 22, 2023 8:35 AM

Sep 2019
Uhm... I thought Mikasa would be going to take care of Levi because he assaulted Eren? Looks like the two will work together today.
Levi is so cool! Damn. Wait.. can titans shed tears?
How do the relatives of Eldo, Auro and Gunther know when the survey corps will return?
I think with Levi's ability, the whole survey corps were able to capture the female titan alive without having to trap her.
I remember Jean when he was stubborn back in Trost. Not this "soft heart Jean".
The silence after the battle ended was nice. It is war. Very authentic.
When Petra's body was dropped, I was hoping for a flashback from Levi. Unfortunately.
Music. Wow
When Eren woke up, I was waiting for a hug. "Thank God! You're awake."
Was it necessary to let Petra's father go to Levi like that? I think this scene is a bit too forced. If Petra had talked about her father before, this scene would have made more sense.
More than titans, I like psychological eps like that.
Mar 27, 2023 10:50 AM
Dec 2017
I forget that management of all corpses in SNK is a big dilemma.
It's a fucking bad idea to come back in this forest. The scene when they have to drop all corpses makes me feel uncomfortable. The OST is a masterpiece, gives me some emotional vibes. So much tears during this episode.
The return in town is speechless... Levi with Petra's dad, damn I am so sad for her
May 1, 2023 7:24 AM

Aug 2019
Bro that seriously hit hard towards the end :(
May 8, 2023 11:15 AM
Apr 2021
REWATCHING THE SERIES 05.08.2023
Watching Levi 
hack the female titan was satisfying, but I'm sure he wanted to kill the monster.

Yams is cruel for showing the parents of Levi's squad. Heartbreaking. Petra's dad was so excited, and certain that
his daughter survived. 

So not only did Dieter lead two titans toward the remaining soldiers, but he dropped the corpse of his best
friend and made Levi drop Petra's corpse.

This was, in my opinion, the most gut-wrenching scene in the series. 
Fucking, sad. Dieter has no idea the damage he caused. 

Now, Eren has to be handed over to the Military police because of this botched mission.
May 23, 2023 1:09 PM
Mar 2023
In a brutal show, this was an especially hard-hitting episode.
Jun 28, 2023 8:15 PM
Nov 2022
DUO ACKERMAN VS TITAN FEMENNINO
Ver a Levi girar como una maldita cuchilla es increíble, el desgraciado es como una maldita cierra humana girando a velocidades maximas corriendo por todos lados, al final Mikasa no es muy util, pero bueno, arriba Levi carreando el anime, que bueno porque si Eren muerte se acaba el anime y todavia me quedan 4 temporadas mas.
Maldita sea, tode este capitulo es Levi siendo un puto amo.
Dios la escena de llegar hechos mierda y lo de Petrea es horrible, me duele, me quema y me lastima.
Jul 15, 2023 8:47 PM
Sep 2022
The anime wants to complicate all the plot. C'mon, man... Eren should capture that female...

I'm not happy with this show :(
Jul 24, 2023 6:34 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 8, 2023 8:24 PM
Jan 2023
Poor survey corps in shambles after the 57th expedition...
(I'm still wondering who's the female titan aka the traitor)
Oct 2, 2023 8:50 AM
May 2023
Review en ESP/ENG

Very good episode, good recovery of Eren by Levi and Mikasa (more of Levi) and at the end I think the titan was crying, interesting. It is incredible how Levi moves, many of his movements seem impossible to me but they are epic, a very great sadness for not being able to recover the bodies of the fallen and not even being able to carry them. F for the expedition and NT

Muy buen episodio, Buena recuperacion de Eren por parte de Levi y Mikasa (mas de Levi) y al final creo que el titan estaba llorando, interesante. Es increible como se mueve Levi muchos de sus movimientos me parece imposibles pero son epicos, una tristeza muy grande por no poder recuperar los cuerpos de los caidos y ni siquiera poder llevarlos. F por la expedicion y NT
Nov 30, 2023 5:40 PM

Nov 2023
Man, I feel bad for Petra
Feb 29, 6:50 PM
Jul 2023
This was so tragic wtf
- Levi and Mikasa looked awesome going ham on the female.
- Did she cry at the end there? I wonder why.
- That blonde guy is so annoying. Just dump the bodies or there will be EVEN MORE
- Of course he created trouble.
- Seeing Petra’s body being dumped in front of Levi ON HIS ORDERS is so tragic. I feel awful
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.