Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy crap, I think I spotted an older Hachikuji this episode.

Decent episode overall imo. I was somewhat expecting to see her grown up. Damn, I just love those dual swords. Dat Shinobu screammmm. I have to admit that Shinobu is quite a badass this episode. Nothing less expected ofc.

I think Shaft did a pretty damn good job adapting this now. The loli is back
Sep 7, 2013 8:25 AM

Jan 2011
http://i.imgur.com/98vb4FT.png
Dat Kisshot. She gives up her power/life to save the world ;_;. I was expecting a fight and I got feels instead, fair trade.

Everything is back to normal except there is a role reversal between loli and Araragi hahaha.
[center]
Sep 7, 2013 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
Grown up Hachikuji is freaking sexy!

That scene with Oshino's instructions was pretty cool.
Also, seeing Kiss Shot this episode was nice. Araragi head patting to provide feels again haha.

LOL at the last scene with Hachikuji and Araragi.. Kamimamita! Back to the present, back to cute Hachikuji.
That instrumental OP at the end >>
Sep 7, 2013 8:51 AM
Dec 2012
So those zombies fear rice?? LOL What an unexpected and interesting solution! I liked it. haha Glad they got out the world. That route was entertaining. Also nice to know Hachikuji was alive. Didn't imagine she would grow that way. Kinda funny she was still carrying a backpack. Cute. I lol'd at the facial expression of Araragi and Hachikuji at the end.

Overall I was impressed at the art as always. They are really creative.
Sep 7, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2012
HERE SHE COME BOYSSSS!!! XD
this is what I'm waiting for! XD damn shinobu is really badass and sexy one in this episode..
YEY YEAH!!! XD
SUB I NEED THE SUB!! XD

after watch :3
yes it is a beatiful episode.. seriously.. nice too see sexy hachikuji damn.. those words when hachikuji asking koyomi if he want to go with her :3 I'm speechless.. when koyomi decline it :'3
and.. YES that KISSSHOT! XDhmm hmm .. I cant imagine how great kizu will be! XD
YokamotaSep 10, 2013 5:26 AM
Sep 7, 2013 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
Adult Hachikuji was better than I expected. The scene with Oshino explaining what to do in the letter wasn't as good as the artistic feeling they did with the Hanekawa letter but still good.

The sudden burst of feels I got from Araragi patting Kisshot on the head was completely unexpected.

Annnnnd a sudden role reversal with Hachikuji LOL
5/5
Sep 7, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
Next ED CD coming October 9th:
「囮物語」「鬼物語」のEDテーマ、河野マリナの「その声を覚えている」。

By Marino Kawano http://www.kawanomarina.com/
http://www.kawanomarina.com/img/top/release.jpg

Theme song is I Remember That Voice / Sono Koe o Oboeteiru その声を覚えている。 Also includes an acoustic version of the Neko Kuro ED, Disappearing Daydream.

And the way they list Otori before Oni still has me thinking they're doing Otori first... and the way they're showing Nadeko Sengoku... though I'm sure that like the first ED CD shows Hanekawa on one side and Hachikuji on the other they will show Shinobu on the other side.

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/news/index.html
hpulleySep 7, 2013 1:15 PM
Sep 7, 2013 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
Adult Hachikuji looked good, I was actually expecting something else, but what they showed was great. I felt sad for Kiss Shot though, seeing her in misery like that was painful, but at least she was able to save that world for it, let's hope the same outcome doesn't happen to Koyomi and Shinobu. And that last part with Hachikuji and Koyomi was hilarious, it was like she became the molester xD
But that was pretty good episode though
Sep 7, 2013 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
Pick one now:
Sep 7, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2013
So awesome this episode! Hachikuji in her awesome badass yet cute and sexy adult form just made shriek and roll on the floor about 15 times when I saw the episode! (No exaggeration) And to see Kiss-shot in the anime and not just some scenes was just incredible, saddening and epic at the same time. The head patting was really cute too.
What I liked the most definately is the last part between Araragi and Hachikuji when everything is back to normal. It just made me lol so much and be thinking "they are such a good pai of ifiotic friends :'D"
Awesome episode, Keep going Shaft! :D
Sep 7, 2013 3:43 PM

Jun 2013
OMG! I cant wait for subs i want mayoi so bad

Sep 7, 2013 4:07 PM

Aug 2012
beautiful episode both visually and in its message regarding hachikuji/shinobo's relationships with araragi. also im really glad that they didn't just end up having a fight with kiss-shot despite the awesome dual wielding i think its much better for shinobu's character they way it played out.
Sep 7, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2012
lol Pareragi-san.
Sep 7, 2013 4:39 PM
Jul 2013
Very nice episode overall.

XinceptionSep 7, 2013 8:03 PM
Sep 7, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2013

Wow... you should've REALLY put a spoiler tag on that.
Sep 7, 2013 4:55 PM

Feb 2012
Oh such development, I was expecting a fight at the end, but still a pretty good episode.

I guess this arc is done now, even tho I hope next episode isn't a recap.
Sep 7, 2013 5:01 PM
Jul 2013
ihusmal1234 said:

Oh sorry then, I'm sending this on a tablet so I'm not used to typing tags yet.

Also

For the novel readers

Sep 7, 2013 5:03 PM

Sep 2012
^^^
Sep 7, 2013 5:06 PM
Jul 2013
hpulley said:
^^^

Sep 7, 2013 5:08 PM

Sep 2012
^^^
Sep 7, 2013 5:16 PM
Jul 2013
hpulley said:
^^^

Thanks for your information :D.
Sep 7, 2013 5:24 PM

May 2013
Good episode.
Sep 7, 2013 5:27 PM

Jun 2013
Wait shinobu sucked the other shinobu blood doesn't that mean she has her full power

Sep 7, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2012
^^^ Yes, but remember she needed it to go to the other route. Used it up to make the 'trip'.
Sep 7, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2013
ihusmal1234 said:

Definately needed to be in spoiler tag xD.

Did anyone else noticed Hachikuji's voice a tad different that the one in Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari? Or is it just me going crazy? xD

Mod edit: spoiler tagged the spoiling spoiler
koleareSep 8, 2013 8:47 AM
Sep 7, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2011
After such an awesome episode, please tell me next week isn't going to be a recap.
Sep 7, 2013 5:51 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, i cried...twice
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Sep 7, 2013 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
i hope not, in the ending second in the subs says "kabukimonogatari continued next week"

and from the look of it, they skipped probably a lot of parts in dialoge between araragi and adult hachiguki and later with shinobu, doesnt it? damm, i will patiently wait till fan-translators from baka-tsuki translate the whole monogatari series
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 7, 2013 5:54 PM
Jun 2013
Really liked that episode!

Kiss-shot was purely awesome. Want Kizumonogatari even more now! It's about damn time!

The grown Hachikuji was cool and her appearance was fitting considering the circumstances.

Loli Hachikuji at the end was just hilarious!

Urek said:
damm, i will patiently wait till fan-translators from baka-tsuki translate the whole monogatari series

How much I'd love to be finally able to read the novels. But the translation takes surprisingly long considering the popularity of the series.

Guess would be faster to just learn Japanese instead :P...
ZworgSep 7, 2013 5:58 PM
Sep 7, 2013 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
I loved seeing the grown Hachikuji, can't wait till next episode
Sep 7, 2013 6:12 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode.
The color palette this season has been amazing.
In fact everything, except maybe the openings, have been amazing so far.
I'm bumping my score up to 10/10 for now.
Sep 7, 2013 6:32 PM

Feb 2013
Was expecting dual sword wielding action, got adult Hachikuji and head patting feels instead. Fair trade. ;_;

I liked this episode.
Sep 7, 2013 6:46 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, another arc comes to an amazing end. Now is next episode going to be a recap or start of the next arc?

5/5 for the episode.
Sep 7, 2013 6:53 PM

Dec 2012
Best Episode of the Anime so far!
GODDAMNIT SHAFT! TEASING KIZUMONOGATARI LIKE THAT HOW DARE U!

At least we saw Older Shinobu. Epic as hell!

Sep 7, 2013 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
That was cool to see an adult version of Hachikuji.
wow gay
Sep 7, 2013 7:00 PM

Nov 2009
Woahhh, yess! Adult Hachikuji is a wowzer!
This ep was a feel and action packed one><!
And lol, Araragi never got his homework done xD
I was waiting for that moment the whole time, hahahaha.
Sep 7, 2013 7:00 PM

Jan 2013
Twisted Shinobu's appearance was disappointing as I expected much more. Meh.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Sep 7, 2013 7:01 PM

Aug 2008
HOLY FUCK MAN. HOLY FUCK

Mayoi Prime was awesome
AraragixShinobu was awesome
Seeing Oshino again was awesome
Finally seeing Kiss-shot in her prime, despite being half dead, was awesome
Kiss-shot getting patted was hhhnngggggg
Seeing present Mayoi throwing Araragi around like a rag doll was fucking awesome
And that PMMM ad at the end...icing on the cake.
Sep 7, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2009
SliceofHorror said:
That was cool to see an adult version of Hachikuji.

ye she is actually hot and a simple beauty at adult form
Sep 7, 2013 7:14 PM

Apr 2009
Definitely liked this arc over the last, will be interested in seeing what's coming up next. :D
Sep 7, 2013 7:16 PM
Jul 2013
I really like the Monogatari Series. It's got a unique way of presentation.

This episode was no exception. Although I'd prefer Stable Staple or whatever its called OP to be back. It was my first OP in this series, and well, guess I fell for it.

Also, a side question for the novel readers, would really appreciate if someone helps me with this though:

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it.

So, I can assume/be assured that they'd animate Monogatari Series: Final Season also?
Sep 7, 2013 7:24 PM

Jan 2013
AHHHHHH ADULT HACHIKUJI!!! !! (≧◡≦) It was nice to see Hachikuji in her prime, but I guess Hachikuji in her youth is still the best after all.
Sep 7, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Xinception said:

This episode was no exception. Although I'd prefer Stable Staple or whatever its called OP to be back. It was my first OP in this series, and well, guess I fell for it.

Also, a side question for the novel readers, would really appreciate if someone helps me with this though:

So, I can assume/be assured that they'd animate Monogatari Series: Final Season also?

日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Sep 7, 2013 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Grown up Hachikuji was really hot o.O Really got the Steins;Gate feels again explaining the paralel worlds. Hachikuji trying to be like Araragi there for a second was really funny. Also back to Kamimashita, so cute lol.
Sep 7, 2013 7:37 PM

Aug 2012
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST with the spoilers, people.

Asria_Y said:
ihusmal1234 said:

Definately needed to be in spoiler tag xD. But yeah
how the hell are you gonna agree that it should've been put in spoiler tags, and then fucking SPOIL IT FURTHER?! Where the fuck is the logic there?! How fucking stupid can you be?

Seriously have some goddamn decency people, it's amazing how often this shit happens on these threads.

Anyways, fantastic arc. Even though I had a feeling it would end the way it did, especially when they concluded so quickly that Kisshot would be dead in that world, it was still done masterfully. The art during Oshino's letter was freakin awesome, I loved that.
Sep 7, 2013 7:40 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This episode... KICKED ASS!! I really had to say it, IMO best episode animated of the series I have saw so far, reason being we finally got to see Kissshot "adult", and all the feelings those scenes brought... especially if you have readed Kizumonogatari! It is just such a precious and sadfull moment, either shinobu's like, or "adult" like, Kissshot Ascerolaorion Heart Under Blade, is a great character, it is deep and ancienty, it is not something you can say pure evil, neither she is good... it is a very well thought character ( like most if not all of the characters of Monogatari seasons). Shaft done a explendid job portaiting her, I have only read Kizumonogatari... more than never I cant wait for its release!!
Sep 7, 2013 7:51 PM
Jul 2013
DawnJ said:
Xinception said:

Regardless, I thank you, for sparing your time to answer my questions :D.
Sep 7, 2013 7:55 PM

Mar 2013
Since there is going to be a recap next week, does anybody know if the next arc being animated is onimonogatari or Otorimonogatari? I rather they go for Onimonogatari for the sake of story flow, and a continuation for Kabukimonogatari. But it does make sense to also go for the book release order :/
Sep 7, 2013 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
Xinception said:

Regardless, I thank you, for sparing your time to answer my questions :D.

DawnJSep 7, 2013 8:04 PM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Sep 7, 2013 7:59 PM

Aug 2012
@Xinception, can you not edit or delete your first post from your tablet?

It's all well and good that you've been using the spoiler tags in every other post, but you're still ruining other people's viewing experience by leaving the first one up. It'd be nice if you realized there are going to be a lot more people reading these posts that haven't read further in the novels since they aren't translated, and showed a little common decency for those people.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

220 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 4, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

104 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 3, 3:23 PM

» 26 eps but only 23 there

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 3

2 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 3, 2:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.