Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 14, 2013 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
silversaint said:
anyone reading the manga, Irie gonna get more screentime or be more important in the next season?

Anyone who's read 2wei knows Iri will be back, and at the most awkward moment to boot...
Sep 14, 2013 8:59 PM

Jan 2012
SOMEBODY..... INSTALL..... BERSERKER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 15, 2013 2:00 AM

Jul 2007
Phoenix6000 said:
silversaint said:
anyone reading the manga, Irie gonna get more screentime or be more important in the next season?

Anyone who's read 2wei knows Iri will be back, and at the most awkward moment to boot...

Considering how they botched up her first entrance and EVEYRHTING ABOUT IT, I am not waiting for that moment.
Sep 15, 2013 4:18 AM

May 2012
10:25 oh goat, such a children series

12:20 OHOHOHOHO

15:06 T-TOO BIG

A better anime studio should remake this.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 15, 2013 4:22 AM

Jan 2008
Just completed it.

I thought this show could be cooler. Since it was a Fate setting. Guess I was wrong.
Its just the characters from the Fate setting. The rest is typical Mahou shoujo.

And in the end (like every Mahou Anime), it ended with semi yuri feelings and stuff-

Well, whatever. I completed it. But I don't think I want to watch the 2nd season of this.
Sep 15, 2013 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
Berserker was pretty much a punching bag. All he did was get killed. Looking forward to season 2. It's going to be much better since the awesome king of heroes is going to be in it.
Sep 15, 2013 10:37 AM

Jul 2007
Ragna92 said:
Berserker was pretty much a punching bag. All he did was get killed

Which is exactly what he does.

The only way Hercules could be OP is if he was summoned as Archer.
Sep 15, 2013 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
Ragna92 said:
Berserker was pretty much a punching bag. All he did was get killed

He got used to it after all 3 FSN routes.
Sep 15, 2013 11:05 AM

May 2013
Slicer22 said:
I am watching it now and one thing that just jumped out at me was Miyu used Gae Bolg again which she should not of been able to use for another day.

Maybe it is not "wait 24 hours to use again" and the restriction is "once per day" so if Miyu used it before midnight and then after midnight the second time (the fight was quite long).

iTsukiko said:
SOMEBODY..... INSTALL..... BERSERKER!!!!!!!!!!

Hear! Hear!
mangamuscleSep 15, 2013 11:59 AM
Sep 15, 2013 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
fuck its making babies
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 15, 2013 12:57 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, that was a stunning finale against Berser-Car
Nice background scenes too that reminded me of UFO-table

That Ohayo Chuu was hilarious
I'm glad the second season has been announced/confirmed
Sep 15, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2012
So, in the end this turned out to be pretty generic mahou shoujo with no twist and invention whatsoever. Without FSN and other references this would be pure garbage. I simply lose my time watching this. This year's summer season had many better titles to begin with.

Yet.. there comes Bazett in the end with her Tradition Carrier so at least there is some hope second season would be better. But this one... we would be better off without it. And if you ask me they should better make Heaven's Feel and then Hollow/Ataraxia instead.

4/10
Sep 15, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2012
Mich666 said:
So, in the end this turned out to be pretty generic mahou shoujo with no twist and invention whatsoever. Without FSN and other references this would be pure garbage. I simply lose my time watching this. This year's summer season had many better titles to begin with.
Being generic is not necessarily bad. Generic can also be executed well and entertaining. Putting too much stress on "twist" and "invention", to the extent that anything lacking in it is garbage, is a pretty bad 4/10 way of enjoying an anime. In my opinion of course LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 15, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:

Yet.. there comes Bazett in the end with her Tradition Carrier so at least there is some hope second season would be better. But this one... we would be better off without it. And if you ask me they should better make Heaven's Feel and then Hollow/Ataraxia instead.

4/10

Making sense....this post fails to...
Sep 15, 2013 2:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Mich666 said:
Being generic is not necessarily bad. Generic can also be executed well and entertaining. Putting too much stress on "twist" and "invention", to the extent that anything lacking in it is garbage, is a pretty bad 4/10 way of enjoying an anime. In my opinion of course LOL

Cannot be quoted more for truth.

If you want twist and invention go see Code Geass R2 to see how that turned out.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 15, 2013 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
symbv said:
Mich666 said:

I am just disappointed. I admitt there were about two good eps and one that was fun but the rest of this... I don't know. Maybe I simply had my hopes way too high for this. Cause my friends reading manga was recommending it. Maybe I shouldn't play through Ataraxia game right now (which is sometimes even more hillarious than original FSN). Maybe I was expecting Mahou/Fate-like story or at least good parody of it but by episode 4 I realized this isn't so much parody and proper mahou shoujo neither. After ending titles I realized Tiger Dojo was more fun than this.

I just wonder how they will introduce Bazett in S2 when FHA still hasn't got its proper animation. But well, not that I care so much by now.
Sep 15, 2013 2:11 PM

Jun 2012
Well I guess that attack was more powerful that Excalibur. . .

, and the rest of the episode just wraps thins up pretty nicely. So it's not a bad ending. Haha, "Guten morgen", and the way she says it xD

Not a bad series, neither a good one. The character design impressed me the most (I liked Sella's design the best, then Rin ^^), as well as Illya's install of Archer (the best fight of the series, I even recorded that part to keep it). It's surely not worthy of the Fate series, but it's neat how it relates. I think my opinion of it would improve it a S2 is ever aired. ^^

Sep 15, 2013 2:29 PM

Sep 2013
I actually saw Ilya's true power and seal and Sella, Liz and Iri being absolutely aware of it, as a little twist, but then again in hindsight and with proper background knowledge, it made perfect sense. However, Silver Link removed this from the manga, so...
Sep 15, 2013 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
Forgetfulness said:

p.s. Fai, ssjokg or someone else, could you make a list of the difference between the anime and manga or point me to somewhere I can find it? Thanks in adv

A few things were removed or added here and there, but up until episode 6, it was a good and faithful adaptation. The main differences start in episode 7's second half (chapter 10). Episode 8 looks dragged out because they added filler material. Instead of making a list, I suggest to just read the manga.

Mostly, Ilya's reason for losing her will to fight, as well as her and Miyu's character and personality are changed, which in the end can affect 2wei's plot. Silver Link also added at least two scenes that happened in 2wei like how Miyu met Luvia. Also, lots of foreshadowing was taken out. Some of them are easy to spot, others are a bit more subtle.
CapsuleCoreSep 15, 2013 3:52 PM
Sep 15, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:

p.s. Fai, ssjokg or someone else, could you make a list of the difference between the anime and manga or point me to somewhere I can find it? Thanks in adv

DIfferences are mostly minor, except for episodes 7 8 and 9.

For Episode 7:

For Episode 8:

Episode 9:

And yes, all of that is CRUCIAL to Season 2 plots to the point that i have no idea how will they do S2 without those scenes.
AhenshihaelSep 15, 2013 4:02 PM
Sep 15, 2013 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:

>"Gae...BOLG!"
>hits Berserker's stomach
Seems legit

It was the attack that Lancer used against Archer in UBW.Unlike the "regular" NP it doesnt have the "piercing the heart" effect,since it doesnt even target an enemy but an area.It is an Anti-Army NP that causes an explosion in the end just like it happened here(although I imagine it being a lot bigger if it was in FSN or FZ) .

What is debatable is if that attack would pass by God Hand.The majority here thinks it can.
Sep 15, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:

>"Gae...BOLG!"
Seems legit

It was the attack that Lancer used against Archer in UBW.Unlike the "regular" NP it doesnt have the "piercing the heart" effect,since it doesnt even target an enemy but an area.It is an Anti-Army NP that causes an explosion in the end just like it happened here(although I imagine it being a lot bigger if it was in FSN or FZ) .

What is debatable is if that attack would pass by God Hand.The majority here thinks it can.

It should. Each attack is separate NP.

Arguing they are the same is the same as arguing that EA is the same as Gate of Babylon.
Sep 15, 2013 4:49 PM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:

>"Gae...BOLG!"
Seems legit

Oh. Well, I wouldn't know cause it didn't even get through Rho Aias IIRC

I always thought it was like the same attack. Guess I'm quite lacking on knowledge

"Didn't even" does not work there considering Rho Aias is one of the most haxxed things in fateverse.
Sep 15, 2013 6:46 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Forgetfulness said:
Fai said:
Forgetfulness said:

DIfferences are mostly minor, except for episodes 7 8 and 9.

For Episode 7:

For Episode 8:

Episode 9:

And yes, all of that is CRUCIAL to Season 2 plots to the point that i have no idea how will they do S2 without those scenes.

Ah, that looks like it took quite a while to compile. Thanks for putting the effort to answer my question :)

I highly suggest you read the manga. It's very short so should be an easy read.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 15, 2013 8:56 PM

Apr 2010
And well, of course there can't be any magical girl anime withouth some yuri. The series was really ok for me, guess I'll be watching next season

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 16, 2013 12:00 AM

Apr 2010
So Miyu's open to yuri. Looking forward to the doujins.
Sep 16, 2013 1:08 AM

Aug 2008
Nine Lives, Excalibur version. Hot stuff.

Miyu x Illya = Delicious. Now, time to read the manga in the meantime I guess.
Sep 16, 2013 2:35 AM

Sep 2010
Whoa, you got my interest at dat Bazett end, S2 cant come soon enough, meanwhile i'll read the manga to kill time.
Maybe someday we will get a unlimited codes sequel with more characters!
Sep 16, 2013 3:55 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Fai said:
Forgetfulness said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:

>"Gae...BOLG!"
Seems legit

Oh. Well, I wouldn't know cause it didn't even get through Rho Aias IIRC

I always thought it was like the same attack. Guess I'm quite lacking on knowledge

"Didn't even" does not work there considering Rho Aias is one of the most haxxed things in fateverse.

Well I can't see if it stabs his heart or not if it doesn't reach Archer, can I?

If it had that effect then Rho Aias wouldnt block it at all,since Archer's heart would already be pierced before he traces it.
Sep 16, 2013 9:41 AM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:

Oh, that's right. At first I thought it could be blocked/avoided in some circumstances (like with Saber) but upon further inspection it doesn't seem to apply in Archer's case since Saber dodged it with luck.

Btw, is that Bazett person at the end from F/HA? Is there anything else she's from or do you guys not know much about her yet?

Gae Bolg can be dodged only by skills or abilities that have to do with fate.Saber "used" her A rank Instinct and B rank Luck and still got injured by the attack.

She has a scene in Carnival Phantasm EX
http://youtu.be/HlvUBBjAyqU?t=7m1s

Without spoilers or japanese lang knowledge ,everyone knows what he has read in the partially translated FHA.SHe is barely mentioned in FSN,since well she is already dead when the story starts.

She is pretty OP.So much that she would be able to mop the floor with every Servant of both wars except Gil and Heracles.
ssjokgSep 16, 2013 10:36 AM
Sep 16, 2013 1:17 PM

Jun 2013
i have no idea why but when they both kissed i screamed fuck yeah! yandere spotted! huh a second season like i didn't see that one coming!
Sep 16, 2013 1:46 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

She is pretty OP.So much that she would be able to mop the floor with every Servant of both wars except Gil and Heracles.

In short; Its the only human being justified in punching servants with her fists. ;3
Sep 16, 2013 2:57 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

In short; Its the only human being justified in punching servants with her fists. ;3

Do Mixed Bloods count?What about Ciel?
Sep 16, 2013 5:46 PM

Jun 2008
Delicious Yuri ending...

Overall this was a nice combination of cute/action anime with one of the better characters from the Fate world.

A solid 7.5/10....I'm going to be generous and round up to an 8 since MAL doesn't have .5s

W00T there will be a second season!

Looking forward towards more Illya!
--ALEX--Sep 16, 2013 6:00 PM
Sep 17, 2013 2:34 AM

Jun 2011
Yay Bazett!

Cant wait for S2 and more cute Ilya being cute Ilya
Sep 17, 2013 11:39 PM

Sep 2012
ULTRA LESB.
Sep 21, 2013 4:54 PM

Feb 2013
Miyu got clingy at the end there.

Cute ending though.
Sep 21, 2013 5:36 PM

May 2013
BurntJelly said:
Miyu got clingy at the end there.

I got yandere vibes there, I felt she could turn murderous any moment >_<
Sep 26, 2013 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
Anyone added the yuri tag yet ? So great episode and quite the nice ending for the show that wake-up part was amazing ^^ Good to know we will have another season, men Miyu sure is possessive but i like her more when she act like that then when she act like a annoying character.
Sep 28, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
It's a different universe or however it's defined, but the Tohsakas were always portraited as quite wealthy. Are they that poor compared to the Edelfelt, or is Luvia simply overexagerating that much? Still, Rin complained about the cost of the jewels, whereas Luvia didn't do that even when the two didn't fight..she ran out off jewels at the same time on the other hand..why didn't she take more with her if it doesn't matter too her how much she has to use (at least financially)?

Of course it was kinda enforced plot so that they can no longer help in the fight, but they also had their regular spells.. It's not like the jewels on their own did do much either, so why not distract Berserker with spells? They might actually be more useful, as they can do more than only explode..

I always wonder why the characters forget a part of their powers whenever it's convenient for the plot..why is it so hard to write characters that fit the intended plot, or fit the plot to the characters? Knock them out, so they can't use powers, remove them from the fight like Miyu did, whatever, but don't make them forget powers because it's convenient to enforce the plot (in the end, using spells wouldn't have changed anything here anyways..).

Overall really nice. Too bad it's already over..for now.
Sep 28, 2013 11:18 PM

Aug 2009
NwAurion said:
It's a different universe or however it's defined, but the Tohsakas were always portraited as quite wealthy. Are they that poor compared to the Edelfelt, or is Luvia simply overexagerating that much? Still, Rin complained about the cost of the jewels, whereas Luvia didn't do that even when the two didn't fight..she ran out off jewels at the same time on the other hand..why didn't she take more with her if it doesn't matter too her how much she has to use (at least financially)?

Of course it was kinda enforced plot so that they can no longer help in the fight, but they also had their regular spells.. It's not like the jewels on their own did do much either, so why not distract Berserker with spells? They might actually be more useful, as they can do more than only explode..

I always wonder why the characters forget a part of their powers whenever it's convenient for the plot..why is it so hard to write characters that fit the intended plot, or fit the plot to the characters? Knock them out, so they can't use powers, remove them from the fight like Miyu did, whatever, but don't make them forget powers because it's convenient to enforce the plot (in the end, using spells wouldn't have changed anything here anyways..).

Overall really nice. Too bad it's already over..for now.

What Forgetfulness said.

Of course the reason must be different since there is no 4th HGW in FAte/kaleid but Rin here should have lost the vast majority of her family's wealth.THat is why she lives with Luvia
,why she complaints for using to many jewels etc.

THeir regular spells wouldnt do anything than just slow him down(and they did use such a spell) so why do it?IF Rin had enough jewels she would be able to even kill Berserker once.

BTW,this isnt an rpg so they cant just carry hundreds of jewels with them like they dont have weight at all.

There was nothing "enforced" here.
ssjokgSep 29, 2013 12:14 AM
Sep 29, 2013 5:21 AM

Sep 2013
NwAurion said:
It's a different universe or however it's defined, but the Tohsakas were always portraited as quite wealthy. Are they that poor compared to the Edelfelt, or is Luvia simply overexagerating that much? Still, Rin complained about the cost of the jewels, whereas Luvia didn't do that even when the two didn't fight... she ran out off jewels at the same time on the other hand..why didn't she take more with her if it doesn't matter too her how much she has to use (at least financially)?

Of course it was kinda enforced plot so that they can no longer help in the fight, but they also had their regular spells.. It's not like the jewels on their own did do much either, so why not distract Berserker with spells? They might actually be more useful, as they can do more than only explode...

Rin is rich, while Luvia is wealthy. Does that answer your question?

If it hasn't changed from the FSN main universe, Rin has an annual income of #0,000,000 yen, due to royalties from her ancestor's magical patents. The jewels she usually uses in combat cost around 500,000 yen each and the precious ones she used in "Fate" against Berserker cost around 10 million per jewel. So it isn't really hard to imagine that she runs out of money and jewels very quickly.

Rin and Luvia also can't carry around so many, so it didn't feel enforced to me. They can't cast high-ranked spells without jewels that quickly, so unless this Berserker's God Hand is nerfed in PRISMA Illya, Berserker probably wouldn't even notice the attacks.
Sep 29, 2013 4:19 PM

Sep 2012
GREAT SERIES,
it truly doesnt feel like it should be ending this soon,

*tears*

but what do you expect in 10eps.

SOOO
during the ending, im trying to figure out who that suited up guy/girl could be?

at first i thought it was Kiritsugi's female partner whos name i forgot,
but obviously isnt since her hair is not read...

guess ill just see in S2/
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.