Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 14, 2013 2:52 AM

Aug 2009
neontaster said:
So do you think Irisviel knew about all the magical stuff going on? They kinda implied that she did but never flat out said so.

She knows.And the maids know.For some reason they changed the bath scene from "Are you scared of your own power Ilya?" to "Your friend is in danger".
ssjokgSep 14, 2013 3:34 AM
Sep 14, 2013 3:26 AM

Jul 2007
Yay cool ending. Kinda cheesy but who cares :3 Loved it and I'm more than happy that a second season was announced. Way to go with Type-moon spins-offs, remakes, adaptions or w/e!!! Way to go :3
Sep 14, 2013 4:25 AM
Jan 2012
Slicer22 said:
I am watching it now and one thing that just jumped out at me was Miyu used Gae Bolg again which she should not of been able to use for another day. I get they extended the fight compared to the quick end to the fight after Illya turns up in the manga but they should not break the established rules of how many times the cards can be used. Also Berserker should be resistant to it since he already died to it once, though it is Gae Bolg so maybe it can get through more than once considering its power? That is a slight grey area i guess.

Its not in the manga, so my guess is that they needed some extra scenes to fill the minutes, I mean they even had to put 2wei scenes in there to fill up time. I can forgive how Gae Bolg makes two kills since technically it counts as 2 NP
Sep 14, 2013 4:32 AM

Aug 2009
AllTJAck said:
Slicer22 said:
I am watching it now and one thing that just jumped out at me was Miyu used Gae Bolg again which she should not of been able to use for another day. I get they extended the fight compared to the quick end to the fight after Illya turns up in the manga but they should not break the established rules of how many times the cards can be used. Also Berserker should be resistant to it since he already died to it once, though it is Gae Bolg so maybe it can get through more than once considering its power? That is a slight grey area i guess.

Its not in the manga, so my guess is that they needed some extra scenes to fill the minutes, I mean they even had to put 2wei scenes in there to fill up time. I can forgive how Gae Bolg makes two kills since technically it counts as 2 NP

It is one NP but t it has two attacks.It shouldnt be able to hurt him.
Sep 14, 2013 4:38 AM
Jan 2012
ssjokg said:

I can quote the wiki :"It is unique in that it functions in two different ways, each different enough to have them be treated as separate Noble Phantasms".

I cant vouch for its accuracy, but I think that it counts as 2
Sep 14, 2013 4:58 AM

Jan 2013
yo, mad haxx power
Unlimited Excalibur Works !!!

I was going to read the manga after this but since 2nd season is confirmed I might as well wait.
destonyDbabySep 14, 2013 5:08 AM

Sep 14, 2013 5:27 AM

Jun 2011
AllTJAck said:
ssjokg said:

I can quote the wiki :"It is unique in that it functions in two different ways, each different enough to have them be treated as separate Noble Phantasms".

Actually no you are right i remember now that it did have 2 forms of attack
Gáe Bolg: Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death
and
Gáe Bolg: Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death (thank you wiki)
Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death is physically more powerful and was the 2nd one Miyu used since she did throw it that time and since it is more powerful than Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death it would of probably went through Berserker's God Hand.

It has been a while so i forgot about the 2nd attack and Lancer never did use it much in Fate/Stay Night with Pierces with Death being his more iconic use of it.

I have to hand it to Silver Link for an original extension of the fight they made pretty good use of Type Moon knowledge. Though using the card for a second time is still shaky at best.
DragoonDeusSep 14, 2013 5:31 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 14, 2013 5:40 AM

Aug 2009
Slicer22 said:
AllTJAck said:
ssjokg said:

Actually no you are right i remember now that it did have 2 forms of attack
Gáe Bolg: Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death
and
Gáe Bolg: Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death (thank you wiki)
Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death is physically more powerful and was the 2nd one Miyu used since she did throw it that time and since it is more powerful than Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death it would of probably went through Berserker's God Hand.

It has been a while so i forgot about the 2nd attack Lancer never did use it much in Fate/Stay Night and Pierces with Death is his more iconic use of it.

I have to hand it to Silver Link for an original extension of the fight they made pretty good use of Type Moon knowledge. Though using the card for a second time is still shaky at best.

I dont know...
It still is Gae Bolg.It has two attacks that can make it work as two but....It just doesnt sound right to me.

Both of the attacks are at B+.
Sep 14, 2013 5:56 AM
Jan 2012
ssjokg said:

It still is Gae Bolg.It has two attacks that can make it work as two but....It just doesnt sound right to me.

Well Excalibur itself can still kill Beserker twice or more, once by stabing and 7+ by Excaliblast so its similar to that...I guess.

As for the B+ thing, well the first stab was in the manga so we know that its suppose to work, so either that Alter Beserker's God Hand is weaker here or maybe somehow Second Magic Backed Gae Bolg has higher rank??
Sep 14, 2013 6:06 AM

Jun 2011
Hm i thought B+ would be enough since it was higher than a B but then i remembered you need a rank A for it to get through God Hand. Guess we are back to being iffy at best in all areas.

If i were to say why it worked the first time then it would be down to the famous reversal of the nature of causality, but the 2nd attack does not have that so i dunno. Why the hell is Gae Bolg only rank B+ anyway it is a pretty ridiculous NP to begin with.

From the Wikia a random Q and A (this is more about Fate/Stay Night)

Q. Lancer, Caster, Assassin, and True Assassins; all with normal attack and Noble Phantasms of B or lower. If they fought against Berserker, wouldn't it be a one-sided fight? Or are there any of them that can match up against him?

A: Assassin and True Assassin by themselves wouldn't even be a fight. Lancer can use his runes and Noble Phantasm together to temporarily raise the rank to A, but it'd still be a very disadvantageous fight but "one with some chances". Caster has two front-line Saber-class defenders, so if she uses her high sorcery then she'd be able to deal damage, but that would be limited to 2 to 3 times. Also, in the game, Assassin was able to push Berserker back because of the terrain advantage and support from Caster (weighing down Berserker's body). ...Well, since the compatibility of Assassin and Berserker is horrible, the fact that Berserker was even pushed back is enough to say "whoah, Kojirou's amazing".
DragoonDeusSep 14, 2013 6:14 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 14, 2013 6:09 AM

Apr 2011
yay~ for more magical lesbians! :DD
Sep 14, 2013 6:22 AM

Aug 2009
AllTJAck said:
ssjokg said:

Well Excalibur itself can still kill Beserker twice or more, once by stabing and 7+ by Excaliblast so its similar to that...I guess.

Totally different case.Stabbing him and then hitting him from inside was what Caliburn did.It is the same as what Shirou did in HF by using Berserker's axe sword:Kill him enough times before he regenerates.
I am sure that Excalibur and Ea can do the same thing if used in a similar way as Caliburn but with Gae Bolg it was really different since there was a big time gap between the two attacks.
ssjokgSep 14, 2013 7:15 AM
Sep 14, 2013 6:49 AM
Jan 2012
ssjokg said:

Totally different case.Stabbing him and then hitting him from inside was what Caliburn did.It is the same as what Shirou did in HF by using Berserker's axe sword:Kill him enough times before he regenerates.
I am sure that Excalibur and Ea can do the same thing if used in a similar way as Caliburn but with Gae Bolg it was really different since there was a big time gap between the two attacks.

No I mean like how Miyu attacked Beserker last episode, she stabbed him once with the sword, killing him. Then after he regenerated she tries again and it deflected off. So after that she had to Excaliblast him which may have shaved off 4-5 lives.
Sep 14, 2013 7:19 AM

Sep 2013
AllTJAck said:
No I mean like how Miyu attacked Beserker last episode, she stabbed him once with the sword, killing him. Then after he regenerated she tries again and it deflected off. So after that she had to Excaliblast him which may have shaved off 4-5 lives.

The blast took one life away, according to the manga.

If Gae Bolg is buffed to Rank A, then I believe it's absolutely possible to kill Berserker at least twice with Gae Bolg's two different attacks, as Gae Bolg won't be rejected by God Hand anymore. This possibility however should have been ruled out from the beginning here because a) we didn't see Miyu do any strengthening or rune magic and b) Include wasn't supposed to work twice in such a short time frame. The only explanation I can find is that the corrupted Berserker's God Hand is weaker than normal.

The way I understood it, Berserker adapts to both techniques and weapons, but he doesn't automatically gain an immunity to weapons once he gets killed by them, once. So if Saber theoretically attacks Berserker with Rank A strength and without Invisible Air and kills him by stabbing him in the heart or chopping off his head, she can still use Excalibur's beam attack to kill him a few more times.
CapsuleCoreSep 14, 2013 7:42 AM
Sep 14, 2013 7:55 AM
Jan 2012
C-Core said:

The way I understood it, Berserker adapts to both techniques and weapons, but he doesn't automatically gain an immunity to weapons once he gets killed by them, once. So if Saber theoretically attacks Berserker and kills him by stabbing him in the heart or chopping off his head, she can still use Excalibur's beam attack to kill him a few more times.

Yeah he will only gain resistance once he finished healing, so could be that he was still healing from the First Excaliblast and Illya splitting his head open from above and was vulnerable to Gae Bolg, and also since he heals slower with each death, the opportunities to kill him increases. But to the case of Miyu using Excalibur, after one fatal stab the second stab was deflected so he had gain immunity to the sword but not the blast I guess.
Sep 14, 2013 11:29 AM

May 2011
Bazettteee! :D

Second season confirmed! Hell yes! Got to say i was so thrilled when i saw the announcement at the end after so many foreshadowing plus showing a little bit of bazett.

Overall really good adaptation, they were almost loyal to the whole manga to the point that i could not complain anymore, the last bit seemed to have been taken from the 2nd season of the manga's first chapter? (Correct me if i'm wrong). They did cut off some bits and pieces here but overall it's a real good adaptation, 9/10 for me :3

And once again, SEASON TWO YAAAAY :D MORE YURI!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 14, 2013 11:42 AM

Apr 2013
What a show.
Incredibly animated, loved it.
Need second season. *.*
Sep 14, 2013 1:29 PM

Sep 2012
It was a fun show.
Very simple story, but enjoyable, with good animation and fights, also some funny stuff.
I don't know where the next two seasons will head (and not even if the 3rd will be adapted, but in that case I'll read the manga), but hopefully the plot will become better.
Sep 14, 2013 4:32 PM

Oct 2011
Can't wait for Zwei!!!
Sep 14, 2013 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
anyone reading the manga, Irie gonna get more screentime or be more important in the next season?
Sep 14, 2013 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
silversaint said:
anyone reading the manga, Irie gonna get more screentime or be more important in the next season?

Anyone who's read 2wei knows Iri will be back, and at the most awkward moment to boot...
Sep 14, 2013 8:59 PM

Jan 2012
SOMEBODY..... INSTALL..... BERSERKER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 15, 2013 2:00 AM

Jul 2007
Phoenix6000 said:
silversaint said:

Anyone who's read 2wei knows Iri will be back, and at the most awkward moment to boot...

Considering how they botched up her first entrance and EVEYRHTING ABOUT IT, I am not waiting for that moment.
Sep 15, 2013 4:18 AM

May 2012
10:25 oh goat, such a children series

12:20 OHOHOHOHO

15:06 T-TOO BIG

A better anime studio should remake this.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 15, 2013 4:22 AM

Jan 2008
Just completed it.

I thought this show could be cooler. Since it was a Fate setting. Guess I was wrong.
Its just the characters from the Fate setting. The rest is typical Mahou shoujo.

And in the end (like every Mahou Anime), it ended with semi yuri feelings and stuff-

Well, whatever. I completed it. But I don't think I want to watch the 2nd season of this.
Sep 15, 2013 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
Berserker was pretty much a punching bag. All he did was get killed. Looking forward to season 2. It's going to be much better since the awesome king of heroes is going to be in it.
Sep 15, 2013 10:37 AM

Jul 2007
Ragna92 said:
Berserker was pretty much a punching bag. All he did was get killed

Which is exactly what he does.

The only way Hercules could be OP is if he was summoned as Archer.
Sep 15, 2013 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
Ragna92 said:
Berserker was pretty much a punching bag. All he did was get killed

He got used to it after all 3 FSN routes.
Sep 15, 2013 11:05 AM

May 2013
Slicer22 said:
I am watching it now and one thing that just jumped out at me was Miyu used Gae Bolg again which she should not of been able to use for another day.

Maybe it is not "wait 24 hours to use again" and the restriction is "once per day" so if Miyu used it before midnight and then after midnight the second time (the fight was quite long).

iTsukiko said:
SOMEBODY..... INSTALL..... BERSERKER!!!!!!!!!!

Hear! Hear!
mangamuscleSep 15, 2013 11:59 AM
Sep 15, 2013 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
fuck its making babies
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 15, 2013 12:57 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, that was a stunning finale against Berser-Car
Nice background scenes too that reminded me of UFO-table

That Ohayo Chuu was hilarious
I'm glad the second season has been announced/confirmed
Sep 15, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2012
So, in the end this turned out to be pretty generic mahou shoujo with no twist and invention whatsoever. Without FSN and other references this would be pure garbage. I simply lose my time watching this. This year's summer season had many better titles to begin with.

Yet.. there comes Bazett in the end with her Tradition Carrier so at least there is some hope second season would be better. But this one... we would be better off without it. And if you ask me they should better make Heaven's Feel and then Hollow/Ataraxia instead.

4/10
Sep 15, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2012
Mich666 said:
So, in the end this turned out to be pretty generic mahou shoujo with no twist and invention whatsoever. Without FSN and other references this would be pure garbage. I simply lose my time watching this. This year's summer season had many better titles to begin with.
Being generic is not necessarily bad. Generic can also be executed well and entertaining. Putting too much stress on "twist" and "invention", to the extent that anything lacking in it is garbage, is a pretty bad 4/10 way of enjoying an anime. In my opinion of course LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 15, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:

Yet.. there comes Bazett in the end with her Tradition Carrier so at least there is some hope second season would be better. But this one... we would be better off without it. And if you ask me they should better make Heaven's Feel and then Hollow/Ataraxia instead.

4/10

Making sense....this post fails to...
Sep 15, 2013 2:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Mich666 said:
Being generic is not necessarily bad. Generic can also be executed well and entertaining. Putting too much stress on "twist" and "invention", to the extent that anything lacking in it is garbage, is a pretty bad 4/10 way of enjoying an anime. In my opinion of course LOL

Cannot be quoted more for truth.

If you want twist and invention go see Code Geass R2 to see how that turned out.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 15, 2013 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
symbv said:
Mich666 said:

I am just disappointed. I admitt there were about two good eps and one that was fun but the rest of this... I don't know. Maybe I simply had my hopes way too high for this. Cause my friends reading manga was recommending it. Maybe I shouldn't play through Ataraxia game right now (which is sometimes even more hillarious than original FSN). Maybe I was expecting Mahou/Fate-like story or at least good parody of it but by episode 4 I realized this isn't so much parody and proper mahou shoujo neither. After ending titles I realized Tiger Dojo was more fun than this.

I just wonder how they will introduce Bazett in S2 when FHA still hasn't got its proper animation. But well, not that I care so much by now.
Sep 15, 2013 2:11 PM

Jun 2012
Well I guess that attack was more powerful that Excalibur. . .

, and the rest of the episode just wraps thins up pretty nicely. So it's not a bad ending. Haha, "Guten morgen", and the way she says it xD

Not a bad series, neither a good one. The character design impressed me the most (I liked Sella's design the best, then Rin ^^), as well as Illya's install of Archer (the best fight of the series, I even recorded that part to keep it). It's surely not worthy of the Fate series, but it's neat how it relates. I think my opinion of it would improve it a S2 is ever aired. ^^

Sep 15, 2013 2:29 PM

Sep 2013
I actually saw Ilya's true power and seal and Sella, Liz and Iri being absolutely aware of it, as a little twist, but then again in hindsight and with proper background knowledge, it made perfect sense. However, Silver Link removed this from the manga, so...
Sep 15, 2013 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
Forgetfulness said:

p.s. Fai, ssjokg or someone else, could you make a list of the difference between the anime and manga or point me to somewhere I can find it? Thanks in adv

A few things were removed or added here and there, but up until episode 6, it was a good and faithful adaptation. The main differences start in episode 7's second half (chapter 10). Episode 8 looks dragged out because they added filler material. Instead of making a list, I suggest to just read the manga.

Mostly, Ilya's reason for losing her will to fight, as well as her and Miyu's character and personality are changed, which in the end can affect 2wei's plot. Silver Link also added at least two scenes that happened in 2wei like how Miyu met Luvia. Also, lots of foreshadowing was taken out. Some of them are easy to spot, others are a bit more subtle.
CapsuleCoreSep 15, 2013 3:52 PM
Sep 15, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:

p.s. Fai, ssjokg or someone else, could you make a list of the difference between the anime and manga or point me to somewhere I can find it? Thanks in adv

DIfferences are mostly minor, except for episodes 7 8 and 9.

For Episode 7:

For Episode 8:

Episode 9:

And yes, all of that is CRUCIAL to Season 2 plots to the point that i have no idea how will they do S2 without those scenes.
AhenshihaelSep 15, 2013 4:02 PM
Sep 15, 2013 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:

>"Gae...BOLG!"
>hits Berserker's stomach
Seems legit

It was the attack that Lancer used against Archer in UBW.Unlike the "regular" NP it doesnt have the "piercing the heart" effect,since it doesnt even target an enemy but an area.It is an Anti-Army NP that causes an explosion in the end just like it happened here(although I imagine it being a lot bigger if it was in FSN or FZ) .

What is debatable is if that attack would pass by God Hand.The majority here thinks it can.
Sep 15, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:

>"Gae...BOLG!"
Seems legit

It was the attack that Lancer used against Archer in UBW.Unlike the "regular" NP it doesnt have the "piercing the heart" effect,since it doesnt even target an enemy but an area.It is an Anti-Army NP that causes an explosion in the end just like it happened here(although I imagine it being a lot bigger if it was in FSN or FZ) .

What is debatable is if that attack would pass by God Hand.The majority here thinks it can.

It should. Each attack is separate NP.

Arguing they are the same is the same as arguing that EA is the same as Gate of Babylon.
Sep 15, 2013 4:49 PM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:

>"Gae...BOLG!"
Seems legit

Oh. Well, I wouldn't know cause it didn't even get through Rho Aias IIRC

I always thought it was like the same attack. Guess I'm quite lacking on knowledge

"Didn't even" does not work there considering Rho Aias is one of the most haxxed things in fateverse.
Sep 15, 2013 6:46 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Forgetfulness said:
Fai said:
Forgetfulness said:

DIfferences are mostly minor, except for episodes 7 8 and 9.

For Episode 7:

For Episode 8:

Episode 9:

And yes, all of that is CRUCIAL to Season 2 plots to the point that i have no idea how will they do S2 without those scenes.

Ah, that looks like it took quite a while to compile. Thanks for putting the effort to answer my question :)

I highly suggest you read the manga. It's very short so should be an easy read.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 15, 2013 8:56 PM

Apr 2010
And well, of course there can't be any magical girl anime withouth some yuri. The series was really ok for me, guess I'll be watching next season

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 16, 2013 12:00 AM

Apr 2010
So Miyu's open to yuri. Looking forward to the doujins.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.