Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Psycho-Pass' to Have New TV Series and Movie

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 6, 2013 6:24 PM
Aug 2013
cool!
Sep 6, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2009
Finally. I wonder if they'll show what happened to Kogami?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2013 7:05 PM

Jul 2012
Heard about the new season, didn't know about the movie.
Sep 6, 2013 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=fR6ueOMcb1c
Announcement video S2 and the movie (Major spoilers)
VioLinkSep 6, 2013 7:32 PM
[center]
Sep 6, 2013 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
Hopefully they don't screw it over. Also, they need a Villain to top off the previous Villain.
Sep 6, 2013 8:00 PM

Apr 2010
Well I'm fan of this show, so this are good news for me, but yeah it's true that it has lot of plotholes to resolve, hope they do it right in these next releases

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 6, 2013 8:05 PM

Oct 2012
YESSSSS

THANK YOU

I hope it'll focus on sybil more
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Sep 6, 2013 8:11 PM
Oct 2009
DraconisMarch said:
Suzie said:
Extremely interested if there's anything Makishima Shougo related.
There shouldn't be unless they ass pull him back to life somehow.

Well, it's not sure it's a sequel, right? Could be a prequel or somewhat unrelated, and even as a sequel flashbacks still count P: I'm not picky with Makishima Shougo.
Sep 6, 2013 8:15 PM

Jun 2010
Tsk. So it came true... the tv series... I'm against it sigh.

Oh well, hoping for a good sequel.
Sep 6, 2013 8:16 PM

Jan 2011
Season 2 is officially confirmed but there's also going to be a movie?! The SIByL system continues... Oh my god, I'm so excited!! Hopefully it will be as good as the first season. :)
Sep 6, 2013 9:13 PM

Apr 2013
life = made

*fangirling myself to sleep*
Sep 6, 2013 11:22 PM

Sep 2012
Psycho Pass must've done really well to get a movie and a second season. Can't wait to see what they do with both of those. Although it'll be be hard to create another antagonist as good as Makishima.
Sep 6, 2013 11:22 PM

Sep 2012
yay!
Sep 7, 2013 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't know there was going to be a new season.

First season was decent, though boring at certain parts, but it still had its moments.
I agree about the loose ends in this show. =\
Might give the second season a try, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.
Sep 7, 2013 1:21 AM

Nov 2012
I thought it was only a tv series, then they added a movie ?
this would be great :D
Sep 7, 2013 1:48 AM
Dec 2008
I have mixed feelings. Although leaving out some of the insight on relevant things (haven't read the novel however!), The first season was a nicely wrapped package. Butcher's wheel of karma, (nietzche's) gazing into the abyss, and other trademarks were there, and made the season somewhat predictable. I actually guessed the nature of Sibyl system two episodes prior to it being revealed. The show doesn't need more material, but I cautiously approve this new material. Just to support drops of grimderp in this vast sea of moe.

If season two is directly linked to the first one, almost all-female cast gives me hope for something different. I was really pissed off at Yayoi's chivalrious men are idiots remark, however it was delivered in that way, to provoke emotions. Now it's women's turn to shine (and suffer, if Urobuchi is still writing the sequels). More Foucaldian (bio)power analysis but also not so famous social political theories, thank you!

Oh and Butcher should stop making whitehaired badass villains. I get it, Master Therion, Xargin, Scythemaster, Liu Haojun and Shogo are all cold and devious. But I'd want something different.
Sep 7, 2013 2:13 AM

Sep 2013
This is good new, I am really looking forward to this new psycho pass series and movie, i hope Makishima is alive. ^_^ xD
Sep 7, 2013 2:28 AM

Apr 2011
IzayaUzumaki said:
This is good new, I am really looking forward to this new psycho pass series and movie, i hope Makishima is alive. ^_^ xD

Sep 7, 2013 2:54 AM
Jun 2012
good news!
Sep 7, 2013 6:15 AM
May 2012
HELL TO THE FUCKING YES!!!

http://youtu.be/W_B3dvFMyDE

When it is gonna be?!

Summer 2014?! Fall 2014?!
Sep 7, 2013 8:01 AM

Nov 2012
Didn't enjoy the first season very much, will watch for the minimal yuri it might have, lol!
Otherwise I'd just Psycho-Pass it.
Sep 7, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
I'm really hoping to watch this! I hope there will be romance with Shinya and Akane.
Sep 7, 2013 9:59 AM

Sep 2011
Just saying, all the survivors of season 1 are probably going to die

BiiteYouToDeath said:
I'm really hoping to watch this! I hope there will be romance with Shinya and Akane.
We dont need romance in a story like this, it just doesnt fit
JizzyHitlerSep 7, 2013 10:09 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 7, 2013 10:33 AM

Apr 2011
BiiteYouToDeath said:

Why? Why would you want romance in this? We're talking about, quite possibly, a rebellion. When, in a rebellion, do people have time for romance? Romance will do nothing but fuck this up.
Sep 7, 2013 11:02 AM

Jan 2012
yhunata said:
BiiteYouToDeath said:

Why? Why would you want romance in this? We're talking about, quite possibly, a rebellion. When, in a rebellion, do people have time for romance? Romance will do nothing but fuck this up.

I thought the story in season 1 and characters pretty much fucked up everything already
Sep 7, 2013 11:04 AM

Aug 2011
Oh, my life is made. Crossing fingers for Akane x Kougami plsplspls
Sep 7, 2013 11:13 AM

Sep 2011
renders said:
yhunata said:
BiiteYouToDeath said:

I thought the story in season 1 and characters pretty much fucked up everything already
We get it already, you dont like the series, you dont need to shove it down everyone throats like you are. The more you post about it the more it just makes you look like your only reason to disliking it is to feel different. Just move the fuck on or at the very least be like Nidhoeggr and not make completely shallow and useless comments

yhunata said:
BiiteYouToDeath said:

Especially with it looking like kogami and akane are going to be on oppossite sides in S2 i really think adding any form of romance would be out of place. Akane and kogami are (ex) colleauges and friends, thats all it should be. I'll be very disappointed if romantic subplots are added.
JizzyHitlerSep 7, 2013 11:16 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 7, 2013 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
yhunata said:
BiiteYouToDeath said:

I think quite the opposite. Romance would increase the tension and drama, which in turn will make the inevitable confrontation more impactful.

Because Urobuchi is a pretty skillful writer, romance is very likely not turn out to be melodramatic, but on point and directly alter the course of the story. In his past works, romance, subtle or obvious, played a prominent part for character development; and we are expecting nothing less in Psycho-Pass.

The relationship between the two main leads is mutual admiration and subtle romance. After all, it's hard to convince the audience that the characters would have done such length for each other purely out of friendship or colleague's relation.
Sep 7, 2013 12:58 PM

Jun 2012
Romance makes everything better.
It's a fact guise.
Sep 7, 2013 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
Lol. Romance? In Psycho Pass? Talk about out of place.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Sep 7, 2013 1:23 PM

Dec 2010
I'm okay with romance if it's subtle and not obtrusive to the story.
Sep 7, 2013 2:42 PM

Aug 2010
As a fan of the series, this is good news. Wondering if the movie will come out first or the 2nd season. I was expecting a movie to be announced when season 1 completed but having another season and a movie is more exciting lol. And as romance goes, I'm in the middle...romance would be nice but It wouldn't effect my opinion on the show if there wasn't any.
Sep 7, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
@above discussion about romance: I don't want romance that's there to satisfy the fans. Instead, it should help move the plot and enhance the characters. Subtle is probably best in this kind of genre.
Sep 7, 2013 5:09 PM

Apr 2013
renders said:
yhunata said:
BiiteYouToDeath said:

we get it shark boy you didn't liked it.. please stop :)
Sep 7, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2012
Finally!! Can't wait for this!

ThangLong said:
I think quite the opposite. Romance would increase the tension and drama, which in turn will make the inevitable confrontation more impactful.

Because Urobuchi is a pretty skillful writer, romance is very likely not turn out to be melodramatic, but on point and directly alter the course of the story. In his past works, romance, subtle or obvious, played a prominent part for character development; and we are expecting nothing less in Psycho-Pass.

The relationship between the two main leads is mutual admiration and subtle romance. After all, it's hard to convince the audience that the characters would have done such length for each other purely out of friendship or colleague's relation.

Yeah, I agree with you, a romance like that would definitely improve the characters and the plot.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Sep 7, 2013 6:09 PM

May 2012
Already knew this awesome news but thanx for the reminder.
Sep 8, 2013 12:11 AM
Feb 2011
It seriously pissed me off in the first season that Akane didn't do anything with the information she had about how corrupt and sick the sybil system is. I am expecting her to change that in season 2 by teaming back up with Shinya to bring it down. As long as this happens, I'll be happy with having a season 2.
Sep 8, 2013 3:50 AM
Oct 2011
Oh yeah~ Cant wait for it!
Sep 8, 2013 5:20 AM
Dec 2012
GOOD NEWS! Looking forward to it! :3
Sep 8, 2013 6:10 AM

Aug 2009
Wasn't a fan of the first season, it had its moments though. Really could do without the pretentious quoting and what not. Also they killed off my favorite char =/

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 8, 2013 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
OMFG YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! Can't wait !

Sep 8, 2013 5:09 PM

Jul 2008
battosai-01 said:
Wasn't a fan of the first season, it had its moments though. Really could do without the pretentious quoting and what not. Also they killed off my favorite char =/

Mmm... I'd have to disagree with you on this one. Most of the quotes weren't used pretentiously nor were they directed at the viewer. The quotes were used more to show the psychopathy of the protagonist and drive home is inflated sense of self-worth.

As for killing off characters... this was necessary. If there isn't a risk to major characters, it destroys plot tension and realism. Really, the dead characters reached the end of their development and there was meaning in their deaths. The only characters left in truly grey areas at the end of S1 were Akane and Nobuchiko (Ginoza), and both are still alive. Plenty of questions could be answered with an entirely new cast, but I personally hope they keep these two characters as the major focus. It feels like S1 ended with half of their journeys complete... it took them from point x to point y, but the problem is not really knowing what point y is and what it means for them.
Sep 8, 2013 11:42 PM

Aug 2012
killbethy said:
As for killing off characters... this was necessary. If there isn't a risk to major characters, it destroys plot tension and realism. Really, the dead characters reached the end of their development and there was meaning in their deaths. The only characters left in truly grey areas at the end of S1 were Akane and Nobuchiko (Ginoza), and both are still alive. Plenty of questions could be answered with an entirely new cast, but I personally hope they keep these two characters as the major focus. It feels like S1 ended with half of their journeys complete... it took them from point x to point y, but the problem is not really knowing what point y is and what it means for them.

Yeah, I hope that Akane and Ginoza gets main focus in the next season
Sep 8, 2013 11:56 PM

Oct 2011
nerdsonfire1 said:
It seriously pissed me off in the first season that Akane didn't do anything with the information she had about how corrupt and sick the sybil system is. I am expecting her to change that in season 2 by teaming back up with Shinya to bring it down. As long as this happens, I'll be happy with having a season 2.

No Akane was right not to bring it down. If Akane brought the Sybil System down, the place would be in chaos. A country cannot run without a leader but there's also no such thing as a perfect leadership.
Sep 9, 2013 12:33 AM
May 2012
I wonder IF Rina would be return as we seen her during EP12...

Iasuru said:
nerdsonfire1 said:

No Akane was right not to bring it down. If Akane brought the Sybil System down, the place would be in chaos. A country cannot run without a leader but there's also no such thing as a perfect leadership.

Who knows? Unless there's a new bad guy which it's totally lunatic besides Sugou (SAO) and turns inspectors (Akane & other girls) into a fucking slaves.
Sep 9, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2013
i had such high hopes for this anime , a great story , interesting characters , nice music , but by the end of it i was pulling my hair out . It left me with a bad aftertaste . I hope they don't do a sequel , Akane on her own is just not worth watching
Sep 9, 2013 9:57 AM

May 2009
I think Ill pass. I didn't like the ending and am not really interested to see a repetition of S1, only with different characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 11:15 AM

Sep 2012
nerdsonfire1 said:
Well, from what I see in Urobuchi's works, he has the concept of a lot of gray area that is neither fully black or fully white. To him, the Sybil system is a gray area thing, which means he (and thus his alter ego Akane) regards this as necessary for the prosperity and stability of the society but it also comes with much cost (particularly to certain group of people) and its own flaws (though the system is clearly trying to improve on that). Clearly it is sickening to a normal and reasonable human (and we can see how repulsive Akane felt when she talked to the system) but by itself alone Urobuchi does not seem that it is sufficient reason to remove it and plunge the society into absolute lawlessness and deprivation that is likely to result. My advice is not to hold too much hope that Urobuchi is going to change his mind on this one in the movie or 2nd season. If he indeed changes his mind, great, but be prepared that the default is that he will keep this thinking in the upcoming works.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 10, 2013 4:32 AM
May 2012
Am I the only one who really anxious to see what's gonna happen next till NO one cares when I just said that?

When it will be?

Spring 2014? Fall 2014?
Sep 11, 2013 1:41 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
22 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.