Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2013 12:17 AM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mizuki collapsing, the Masquerade performance, and Miya finally revealing herself to Ichigo.

This episode did not disappoint.
Sep 6, 2013 2:03 PM

Jun 2008
That. Was. Amazing.

How is it that we could know the reveal was coming from a mile away, and yet it was still so perfect?

I really have to applaud Aikatsu! in this episode. The way it handled Masquerade here is something you just can't do in most shows. It worked because of how long it's been and how the show has developed. Truly awesome.
Sep 6, 2013 2:41 PM
Aug 2009
How in God's name did the main character not recognise her own mother up on the stage? It boggles my mind how the writers can ignore such an obvious plot hole in favour of a twist ending episode. This is such utter nonsense. Kids shows don't have to be full of brainless writing like this, the Jewelpet series has shown us that.

Oh, one more thing. How many times are we gonna see the whole 'works so hard they collapse' storyline play out, it is BEYOND cliche at this point. And we even see her go to sleep right before she does. Artificial drama at its best.
HammersFan10Sep 6, 2013 2:45 PM
Sep 6, 2013 7:01 PM

Dec 2011
HammersFan10 said:
How in God's name did the main character not recognise her own mother up on the stage?

Oh, one more thing. How many times are we gonna see the whole 'works so hard they collapse' storyline play out, it is BEYOND cliche at this point. And we even see her go to sleep right before she does.

On the frist note: Is Ichigo for crying out loud, she is oblivious to almost everything, and it wasn't such a plot twist since prettymcuh everyone noticed at least 10 chapters ago.
On the seccond, kid, is prety obvious that you haven't exhausted yourself out of work. When you work/study or do something very hard for a long time, it takes more than one night sleep to fully recover your energy.

Now, on the episode: Beautyfull performance by mascarade. And i just LOVE the Aoi's character. Not only new performance, also new coreography, a song we haven't heard since peisode... 5 i thing? and WTH?! Miya has 3 lvl 3 Spicy Ageha rare cards?! That was unexpected.

Beautyfull episode, they definetly left the best to the end.
Sep 6, 2013 11:52 PM
Jun 2013
HammersFan10 said:
How in God's name did the main character not recognise her own mother up on the stage? It boggles my mind how the writers can ignore such an obvious plot hole in favour of a twist ending episode. This is such utter nonsense. Kids shows don't have to be full of brainless writing like this, the Jewelpet series has shown us that.

Oh, one more thing. How many times are we gonna see the whole 'works so hard they collapse' storyline play out, it is BEYOND cliche at this point. And we even see her go to sleep right before she does. Artificial drama at its best.

Strictly speaking, it is a plot twist from Ichigo's perspective that she only know about it this late. It is obviously shown to us the viewers back in episode 17. Also, there are a few things that you might have missed:
1. Judging from some very sparse hints, the Aikatsu system exists before Masquerade even exist so it makes sense that Ringo has Aikatsu cards back when she gave the starlight tiara card.
2. Ringo's current hairstyle and personality is different than that of her appearance as Miya.
3. Ringo met Taishi only after Masquerade was disbanded and her information was completely erased. There's no way anyone in-universe would know Miya's true identity.

Speaking of Mizuki's collapse, it is shown as early as episode 3 that she overworked herself so much that she suffers from a severe lack of sleep and some of her sleep was even in unoptimized state (sleeping with any sources of light and sound is bad). She is bound to be collapsing sooner or later.

Anyway, this episode's performance, while not the best (that goes to the Star Anis performance), is certainly beyond decent. However, I suspect that the version sang in this episode is not the same with the album version. They just sound very different despite being credited as performed by the same people.
murazraiSep 7, 2013 12:05 AM
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Sep 7, 2013 2:33 AM

Jul 2013
It was EPIC :)
[size=0]
[/size]
Sep 7, 2013 6:06 AM

Aug 2011
So the secret is finally revealed to Ichigo! Great ep.
Sep 7, 2013 11:28 AM

Sep 2009
haha, I love this episode! ^__^
Sep 7, 2013 5:18 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode , I can understand Mizuki because i play Ice hockey and i try to push my limits, i break through them but sometimes i go a bit overboard and injure myself but regardless i still, get back up and skate and do whatever it takes.

Not very surprising about

Overall, it was good, can't wait for the next episode.

Sep 7, 2013 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode.

Also, it is "cartoon logic" that when a character puts on a mask or glasses they can become unrecognizable. A million cartoons do that. It isn't a case of the characters being really stupid or oblivious (though Ichigo should have noticed lol).
Sep 8, 2013 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
Not surprised :p I noticed that ages ago... Can't wait for next episode
"You sing do,I sing re,You sing re, I sing mi,whatever you sing I will always be higher!"
– Seira
Sep 8, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2010
I really wanted to smack my head on the table when Ichigo couldn't even recognize her mom's voice when she's speaking normally @_@
Sep 13, 2013 12:21 PM

Dec 2011
I knew it that Miya is the other partner of Masquerade since the beginning when we knew that the headmistress was an duo idol
Dec 28, 2013 7:50 PM

Nov 2007
Everything in this episode was glorious. Miya, design-wise is my most favorite character in the series.
Apr 30, 2014 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
1. Yurika secretly & nervously ordering garlic ramen was cute

2. Mizuki just seems so lonely. She's never hanging out with anyone

3. & What r the odds of masquerade performing after not practicing for so long…

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 16, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2012
"I've turned my mic into a scoop." 10/10
Aug 21, 2014 11:19 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well it's obvious Ichigo would not know who Miya is. All her reference material was erased, and I doubt Ringo has any left at home. Perhaps she has maybe a couple photos back when she was in Masquerade at home, hidden somewhere, along with her cards.

Mizuki collapses, why does Honoka let her push herself. I've always been the one to always give it 100% at anything.If I'm tired my performance goes down. That is totally not the case for Mizuki. She gives it more than 100% and she endures the harsh fatigue. Imo, Mizuki needs to think about that and rest a bit more.

Nov 29, 2015 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
kaitonic said:
I knew it that Miya is the other partner of Masquerade since the beginning when we knew that the headmistress was an duo idol

Same here. That was what, episode 2?
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 12, 2016 2:21 PM

Dec 2012
Aw man, the feels this episode. Masquerade came back together one more time just to encourage Mizuki and I could not stop smiling from that moment until the end. Truly a miracle moment for her and for Ichigo when she met with her mom. Aikatsu just has a way of shining through and warming my heart without fail.
Jun 6, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
Masquerade saving the day was great and I didn't see it coming, although I did think that Orihime was probably calling Ringo when she picked up the phone. I just didn't expect them to take to the stage after being out of commission for so long. Ringo finally tells Ichigo her secret. I wonder why she never told her before though. And Mizuki just needs to sleep for a while!
Feb 13, 2017 8:04 AM

Nov 2012
About damn time honestly.
May 1, 2017 10:02 PM

Feb 2014
This was by far my favorite performance from the show. It was so much more graceful than the usual ones.

It was also good to see Mizuki finally show some weakness. We did see some hints of them now and then (like her "gap moe" moment during the pillow fight), but never to this extent.

Now to find out why Ichigo's mom was so insistent on hiding the fact that she's Miya.
Oct 19, 2018 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
Loved this episode Milf Masquerade is the best Masquerade.

Jan 15, 2020 9:50 PM

Feb 2013
okay, but can we stop for a minute and consider who is taking care of raichi while his mother is on stage?
<-click
Sep 11, 2020 3:29 AM

Feb 2017
Ichigo prayed to Masquerade's statue. Ah yes, idols being actual "idols".

About Masquerade, that transformation scene was very stylish lmao, and their dancing style too.
addictedtolivingSep 11, 2020 3:54 AM
Sep 6, 2021 12:53 PM

Feb 2020
That was perfect. I absolutely loved Masquerade's performance. Their transformation sequence was very stylish and elegant.

Poor Mizuki collapsed because she had overworked herself too much.

Ichigo was shocked after she learned the truth about Maya.

Jan 29, 1:01 AM

May 2019
Even Mizuki has her limit. The headmistress also ring an emergency call to Miya to put out a concert. I don't mind this song played back to back in two episodes, I really like this song a lot. That was a spectacular concert by Masquerade and nice reaction from Ichigo to close it off. Her mother turn her mic into a rice scoop and now her daughter turn the rice scoop into a mic. Ichigo is just destined to be an idol after all.
VivaceRexJan 29, 1:16 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 178 Discussion

megmica - Mar 31, 2016

37 by VivaceRex »»
Feb 17, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.