Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you think doesn't deserve it's popularity and why?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2013 3:12 AM

Jan 2013
Code Geass. Theres only one good character (Nina)
Sep 6, 2013 3:17 AM

Mar 2012
chiverella said:
High School DxD
I wonder why is it?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 6, 2013 3:30 AM

Jun 2012
Code Geass... I'm not even sure how something so shitty could become so popular.
получить деньги моего друга
Sep 6, 2013 3:44 AM

Nov 2012
I do think SAO is shit. And if you like it that you have shit taste. But if there are still that many people that like it that it has such a high popularity. I don't think that is undeserved. There are just a lot people with no taste and they have the right to like what they like. Basically what I'm trying to say if they like dog poop more than a sweet candy bar, they should just do so and never deny there true feelings. So i will never hate on popularity. But SAO is still shit. Ans the awesome, delicious, best dish of the 5 star restaurant I'm speaking of is Cowboy bebob of course.
Sep 6, 2013 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
Well I'm going to need my fire proof suit walking into this thread lol.

As for anime I'm not going to list any that don't deserve their fame. Different people like different anime so I wont put down an anime just because I didn't care for it.

SAO first half was good compared to alot of the animes that came out around its time I'd say it deserves its fame especially with the art work and the flawless sound track. Although I must admit the fairy land arc was a bit of a let down. I'm waiting for the second season myself.

Psycho Pass is some what of a big deal when it comes to popularity. I found Psycho Pass pretty interesting despite the dark and gloomy environment. I guess because it was different from modern anime. Plot twists left me mind blown, characters had plenty of development and the story and plot kept my attention. I'd admit it does have a bit of a slow start but in the end its worth it.
Sep 6, 2013 3:52 AM

May 2013
Attack On Titan - It's shit for many many reasons.

Elfen Lied - All it has going for it is that it is "dark and edgy".

Cowboy Bebop - Not bad for it's time, but not great by any means. Maybe back in the day it was, but not by today's standards, at least not when you compare it so some of the newer stuff that has come out.

One Piece - Great show, I really enjoy it, but not something I would label "amazing".

Clannad After Story - Apparently the saddest story ever that will make you "bawl your eyes out", yet I was a brick throughout, and I've shed tears at many a story before.
Sep 6, 2013 4:09 AM

Aug 2013
johnyjohny said:
I do think SAO is shit. And if you like it that you have shit taste. But if there are still that many people that like it that it has such a high popularity. I don't think that is undeserved. There are just a lot people with no taste and they have the right to like what they like. Basically what I'm trying to say if they like dog poop more than a sweet candy bar, they should just do so and never deny there true feelings. So i will never hate on popularity. But SAO is still shit. Ans the awesome, delicious, best dish of the 5 star restaurant I'm speaking of is Cowboy bebob of course.

Sorry this made me laugh a bit. I find it funny how people can judge peoples tastes because it doesn't match their own. Just because someone doesn't like what you like doesn't mean their taste is bad its just means they like different things. Sorta like how some people prefer Japanese over Chinese food or Chevy over Dodge. Its that simple lol. You also said you will never hate on popularity? Cool story bro.
Sep 6, 2013 4:17 AM

Jun 2012
K-On, it's shit for a lot of reasons.
Sep 6, 2013 4:17 AM

Jul 2008
These threads never end up wel.
Sep 6, 2013 4:18 AM

Jan 2012
Mr7Beans said:
Angel Beats!
Ano Hana
Bleach
Clannad
Great Teacher Onizuka
K-On!
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Samurai Champloo
Shingeki no Kyojin
Steins;Gate
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

don't just name stuff you don't like,just give your reasons if you think they don't deserve their popularity
plus you have bad taste for naming all these shows...I mean Onizuka?really?
Sep 6, 2013 5:05 AM

Nov 2012
let's change the name of the thread to: Popular anime that you hate
Sep 6, 2013 5:16 AM

Jan 2012
iLegendzx said:

As for anime I'm not going to list any that don't deserve their fame. Different people like different anime so I wont put down an anime just because I didn't care for it.

SAO first half was good compared to alot of the animes that came out around its time I'd say it deserves its fame especially with the art work and the flawless sound track. Although I must admit the fairy land arc was a bit of a let down. I'm waiting for the second season myself.

Psycho Pass is some what of a big deal when it comes to popularity. I found Psycho Pass pretty interesting despite the dark and gloomy environment. I guess because it was different from modern anime. Plot twists left me mind blown, characters had plenty of development and the story and plot kept my attention. I'd admit it does have a bit of a slow start but in the end its worth it.

It's not about the dark gloomy enviroment.That can be interesting if done right.With this trashy show we get thrown in with these generic looking randoms solving random cases until we get introduced to the villain (which was interesting btw).There was nothing...NOTHING interesting about these characters,a random old dude whose only job is to say do you really think he'd do that,when somebody doubts character x and y.The whiny bitchy mc girl who shouldn't be in the police in the first place with her emotions.The most uninsteresting main character who has no personality whatsoever and is there just to be pretty and fight with the villain for some reason.The guy that jokes around,2 lesbian scientist girl for some reason.What did I miss?Oh yeah the chief with glasses,whose in a crossroad because he doesn't know if he should remain a stray dog or follow his instinct.And when we got to the so called twist,which was the most unoriginal and shittiest twist that you can see in any random sci-fi tv show or movie
rendersSep 6, 2013 5:21 AM
Sep 6, 2013 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
Sword art online,eeeeh.it had few decent episoded and it then got bad.also it reminded me too much of .hack
Sep 6, 2013 5:42 AM

Apr 2012
johnyjohny said:
...What?!

Goodness, this gave me a good chuckle. I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if so, then you should really rethink things.

Not the Sword Art Online part (I enjoyed the show myself, though I recognize its flaws and the fact that it's still better than half the shows coming out that receive zero hate from fans). Are you really saying that people who like a show that you don't have shit taste so blatantly? Using that logic, I could call your shit taste for rating Love Hina and Mirai Nikki so highly (a 7 and a 9, respectively), but that would be silly and stupid of me to do since only a fool would actually think that wa-

...oh wait, my bad.

I really hope you weren't serious. But either way, that mindset is what makes up the most annoying part of the anime fandom.

Sep 6, 2013 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
AndyRayy said:
johnyjohny said:
...What?!

Goodness, this gave me a good chuckle. I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if so, then you should really rethink things.

Unfortunately he is serious. The sad part is that he can't even back up his claims with any kind of reasoning ( why is SAO shit and why is Cowboy bebop according to his words a ''masterpiece'') he is basically a sheep, he just thinks because stuff like Cowboy bebop are acclaimed by the so called ''critics'' of the internet then it's inherently good and SAO is inherently bad because most of the ''critics'' said so. The concept of different opinions and tastes are foreign to him.
Sep 6, 2013 6:01 AM
Jul 2013
The people who put Clannad After Story and Steins Gate on this list make me cringe
Sep 6, 2013 6:15 AM
Jun 2012
every anime deserves it popularity. there must be something in them that other people appreciate
Sep 6, 2013 6:21 AM

Jan 2012
drinkbeer said:
every anime deserves it popularity. there must be something in them that other people appreciate

That's because everyone has different tastes but that doesn't mean everything is good or that all the popular shows are good.Look at Elfen Lied,one of the most popular anime on mal.It's trash but people kids that never seen gore in anime before love it.Look at madoka,an awful show that gets more praise these days than sailor moon,princess tutu and other shows of it's genre that deserves the popularity more
Sep 6, 2013 6:21 AM

Aug 2013
renders said:
iLegendzx said:

It's not about the dark gloomy enviroment.That can be interesting if done right.With this trashy show we get thrown in with these generic looking randoms solving random cases until we get introduced to the villain (which was interesting btw).There was nothing...NOTHING interesting about these characters,a random old dude whose only job is to say do you really think he'd do that,when somebody doubts character x and y.The whiny bitchy mc girl who shouldn't be in the police in the first place with her emotions.The most uninsteresting main character who has no personality whatsoever and is there just to be pretty and fight with the villain for some reason.The guy that jokes around,2 lesbian scientist girl for some reason.What did I miss?Oh yeah the chief with glasses,whose in a crossroad because he doesn't know if he should remain a stray dog or follow his instinct.And when we got to the so called twist,which was the most unoriginal and shittiest twist that you can see in any random sci-fi tv show or movie

Well as I said we all have our own likes and dislikes I personally enjoyed the anime and it seems like many others did too for it to get a second season. Like they always say one mans trash is another mans treasure. What you don't like there will be others who will.

In all honesty if an anime is popular it has to be good to certain people thats pretty much logic. I'm not gonna watch something that doesn't keep me entertained. Its just a matter of personal preferences.

Elfen Lied was alright not the best but I enjoyed the violence I must admit so I'm pretty sure it draws people who like blood and gore.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica was good imo gotta remember its sorta like the modern Sailor Moon so you can expect it to become pretty popular and drawn in the same crowded that enjoyed magic girl animes like Sailor Moon. If I were to watch an anime I would prefer to watch a newer one because the animation is alot better. Pretty sure people who are around our age have seen Sailor Moon ages ago and have no reason to really watch it this day and age.

Kuro_Kishi said:

Yeah seems more appropriate right? Since most people are basically saying this anime is shit and I hate this anime lol.
iLegendzxSep 6, 2013 6:33 AM
Sep 6, 2013 6:32 AM

Nov 2012
AndyRayy said:
johnyjohny said:
...What?!

Not the Sword Art Online part (I enjoyed the show myself, though I recognize its flaws and the fact that it's still better than half the shows coming out that receive zero hate from fans). Are you really saying that people who like a show that you don't have shit taste so blatantly? Using that logic, I could call your shit taste for rating Love Hina and Mirai Nikki so highly (a 7 and a 9, respectively), but that would be silly and stupid of me to do since only a fool would actually think that wa-

...oh wait, my bad.

I really hope you weren't serious. But either way, that mindset is what makes up the most annoying part of the anime fandom.
Ok lets say it this way. My mind says that SAO is pile of crap. But who am i to deny that something does not deserve his popularity because it yet has a this amazing amount of it. That is like saying that 50% of MAL is complete out of there mind ( which i think is not). But i do say that 50% does not actually understand what it means to be a quality series. And yes love Hina was not that good. But i would lie if i say i did not enjoy watching it. Which will be the same case as some of you SAO lovers. But the difference is i do know that Love hina is not that good and that SAO fans think the anime really deserves a rating in the 8 marge. Hope i cleared that up a bit, since i post was halve serious halve trolling.

@tsudecimo
That is not true of course, i do know what is so masterpiece about my number one favourite. I'm just happy that so many critics think the same way. But that is all I'm going to say since i know this will lend me to a huge your wrong and I'm right conversation. And i really am not in the mood for that.
Sep 6, 2013 6:38 AM

Jan 2012
iLegendzx said:
renders said:
iLegendzx said:

Well as I said we all have our own likes and dislikes I personally enjoyed the anime and it seems like many others did too for it to get a second season. Like they always say one mans trash is another mans treasure. What you don't like there will be others who will.

In all honesty if an anime is popular it has to be good to certain people thats pretty much logic. I'm not gonna watch something that doesn't keep me entertained. Its just a matter of personal preferences.

Elfen Lied was alright not the best but I enjoyed the violence I must admit so I'm pretty sure it draws people who like blood and gore.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica was good imo gotta remember its sorta like the modern Sailor Moon so you can expect it to become pretty popular and drawn in the same crowded that enjoyed magic girl animes like Sailor Moon. If I were to watch an anime I would prefer to watch a newer one because the animation is alot better. Pretty sure people who are around our age have seen Sailor Moon ages ago and have no reason to really watch it this day and age.

Kuro_Kishi said:

Yeah seems more appropriate right? Since most people are basically saying this anime is shit and I hate this anime lol.

Hey if you liked Psycho pass that's fine I was just saying the problems I had with it.Elfed line isn't ok it's horrible,only the first ep was good.Madoka is not a modern version of Sailor Moon don't even joke about that.The guy that made Madoka was probably thinking,hey NGE is pretty popular,lemme choose a different genre and make a deconstruction of it,it should make money.Then make 3 movies to milk it
Sep 6, 2013 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
johnyjohny said:
AndyRayy said:
johnyjohny said:
...What?!

...oh wait, my bad.

Ok lets say it this way. My mind says that SAO is pile of crap. But who am i to deny that something does not deserve his popularity because it yet has a this amazing amount of it. That is like saying that 50% of MAL is complete out of there mind ( which i think is not). But i do say that 50% does not actually understand what it means to be a quality series. And yes love Hina was not that good. But i would lie if i say i did not enjoy watching it. Which will be the same case as some of you SAO lovers. But the difference is i do know that Love hina is not that good and that SAO fans think the anime really deserves a rating in the 8 marge. Hope i cleared that up a bit, since i post was halve serious halve trolling.

@tsudecimo
That is not true of course, i do know what is so masterpiece about my number one favourite. I'm just happy that so many critics think the same way. But that is all I'm going to say since i know this will lend me to a huge your wrong and I'm right conversation. And i really am not in the mood for that.

Your avoiding what we were trying to say.. We are not saying that because you are commenting about SAO not being good we are commenting because your saying our tastes in anime is shit lol. I could careless if you say you didn't like SAO because I know people haves tastes in what they like. I respect people choices in anime its basically like respecting a person way of dressing or sexual preferences. I respect your choice in anime so I would like if you would respect ours.
Sep 6, 2013 6:43 AM

Mar 2012
Can I just throw out some fun and silly ideas for the gang to discuss?

Now a lot of us here (Such as myself) believe that Cowboy Bebop is a fantastic anime. But what if there were anime that were better than Cowboy Bebop? What if someone thinks the show that so many praise so highly isn't really all that good?

Here's another wacky idea. A lot of us here believe SAO isn't that great an anime. But what if there's actually anime out there that are worse than SAO? What if someone comes along and says that they think the show is one of the best to ever be made despite the insistence of many professional critics of the contrary?

Now here's an idea that's truly out of this world. What if someone were to come along and say that they thought Sword Art Online was better than Cowboy Bebop?

http://i.imgur.com/zgmyvUW.jpg
Sep 6, 2013 6:51 AM
Aug 2013
Definitely Elfen Lied.

Why? Because it's just...not that good, meh.
And it has nothing to do with the nudity or violence.

The pacing is so pathetic where the 100something chapters are cramped into 13 episodes of which at least a third are flashbacks.

The main character is dumb as bread with no common sense at all, other characters appear too often for no reason to push the already fail paced plot along and what do you know, suddenly they all live together as if he's some kind of priest picking up orphans and it's about them cooking or cleaning for an entire episode.

I doubt anyone can enjoy it now with all that hype it got/gets.
Sep 6, 2013 6:53 AM

Nov 2012
iLegendzx said:
johnyjohny said:
AndyRayy said:
johnyjohny said:
...What?!

...oh wait, my bad.

@tsudecimo

Your avoiding what we were trying to say.. We are not saying that because you are commenting about SAO not being good we are commenting because your saying our tastes in anime is shit lol. I could careless if you say you didn't like SAO because I know people haves tastes in what they like. I respect people choices in anime its basically like respecting a person way of dressing or sexual preferences. I respect your choice in anime so I would like if you would respect ours.
But it is kind of deceiving if say i respect your taste when i do not at SAO part. But of course you can have your own taste. I probably will not agree with your opinion all the time and that is where people mostly hit the wall. You say SAO actually did contain something quality like. But I'm of a opinion that SAO is nothing but visuals and everything else is just plain shitty. But than again it seems that people these days a looking for a different kind of quality.

SaberKurisu said:
Now here's an idea that's truly out of this world. What if someone were to come along and say that they thought Sword Art Online was better than Cowboy Bebop?
Apparently this society is really that F*cked up.
johnyjohnySep 6, 2013 6:56 AM
Sep 6, 2013 6:53 AM

Aug 2013
I would respect their choice. I don't bash people preferences about animes :p I may give me opinion on why I didn't care for the anime or liked it though.
Sep 6, 2013 7:27 AM

May 2013
SaberKurisu said:

It is. So, now that I've told you that, how will you react? Answer your own question.
Sep 6, 2013 7:32 AM
Jun 2012
renders said:
drinkbeer said:

That's because everyone has different tastes but that doesn't mean everything is good or that all the popular shows are good.Look at Elfen Lied,one of the most popular anime on mal.It's trash but people kids that never seen gore in anime before love it.Look at madoka,an awful show that gets more praise these days than sailor moon,princess tutu and other shows of it's genre that deserves the popularity more

nobody said popular= good

some anime is popular and good
some anime is good but not popular
some anime is popular but not good

simple. no need to argue till the cows come home
Sep 6, 2013 7:41 AM

May 2013
drinkbeer said:
renders said:
drinkbeer said:

nobody said popular= good

some anime is popular and good
some anime is good but not popular
some anime is popular but not good

simple. no need to argue till the cows come home

If we didn't argue/debate though, we'd be as boring and as unpassionate as Hummingbird. I don't know about you, but I for one like varying opinions. As long as no one starts to actually insult others, it's all fun in my book ;)
Sep 6, 2013 7:49 AM

Apr 2013
I honestly can't understand how absolute crap like Mirai Nikki is so popular and ranked so high?
Sep 6, 2013 7:51 AM

Jan 2012
It would be nice if people here actually knew how to give a proper answer instead of naming crap they hate or saying oh you're wrong I enjoyed the shows you said are bad.I said the shows in the op suck.Now you enjoyed them?fine.But unless you can come up with a good argument as to why you think they are good then they are crap,enjoyable for you...but crap
Sep 6, 2013 8:00 AM

Jul 2009
To be honest, everything that gains popularity deserves it, whether or not it's my thing or I have simply changed over time, or it has changed over time. If the audience likes it, good (I'd like to enjoy more stuff) and a lot of hard work is input, so good for the creator and those involved.

OT, those that are highly popular that I feel aren't too great:
- Fairy Tail I still like, but it's cliche rich, one of those stories that's gaurenteed to do well because of it's super common formula you see in most popular series'; I'm sure people know what I'm refering to but it not; hero type goody two-shoes male, teen cast, females being damzel in distress even when it's drilled into our heads that they're great, characters being 'super powerful' only to be beaten by a(/the) main to enthesis how great said character is, random rule bends that make no sence and don't apply to others when they could for some reason and idealism
- Naruto, pretty much the same as above, I still like however like the above, becomes more immature the older it gets
- Elfen Lied I think was pretty decent, but it's a childish series with a number of 'taboo's', minus the very obvious adult content, there isn't much maturity in it
- Mirai Nikki is the same as the above only worst, dreadful characters, OTT to the point of funny and the only one listed I actually dissliked, but it stuck in my head for being so tacky, thus is gets a mention ;)

Sep 6, 2013 8:02 AM

Jan 2013
Toradora

Let's see.
No one punched that unlikeable female MC.
Dull Story
Unoriginal characters.
The main female MC is a retarded tsundere and is voiced by a person who should be out of job for making people's ears hurt.
The characters who seem somewhat interesting are sidelined for a boring and predictable couple.
The main female MC has been written so badly that I don't know what can even people like about her. She is a badly written tsundere and ruins the whole show.
and did I mention, No one punched that unlikeable female MC.

LOL! at the people saying Zetsuen no Tempest is over-rated. Most of the people on here haven't even seen it and it gets rarely recommended for it's genres when even an crap anime like Zero no Tsukaima gets recommended for it's genres.
alanwakeSep 6, 2013 8:08 AM
Sep 6, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2013
qb_cakes said:
I honestly can't understand how absolute crap like Mirai Nikki is so popular and ranked so high?
About this, I acknowledge it doesn't follow the pretext of the thread.
I'm asking it because I thought it was a good oportunity, and this is an honest question, hell, I can have a rough idea why some people like shows I hate like One Piece and Naruto, or even Sword Art Online...
At first I thought people who loved Mirai Nikki were trolling like loving Mars of Destruction, but I found out that people aren't actually trolling for loving it. And that makes my head spin..
Sep 6, 2013 8:10 AM

Jul 2009
qb_cakes said:
qb_cakes said:
I'm asking thig because I thought it was a good oportunity, and this is an honest question, hell, I can have a rough idea why some people like shows I hate like One Piece and Naruto, or even Sword Art Online...
At first I thought people who loved Mirai Nikki were trolling like loving Mars of Destruction, but I found out that people aren't actually trolling for loving it. And that makes my head spin..

Formula make success almost a gaurentee. ;)
People get excited at blood, violence and death
Yandere's aren't too common but they're widely liked and almost always female; generally only female ones are accepted
The plots easy enough to follow so many people can view
The male lead doesn't stand out at all so the 'crazy action cute' female who's also love interest does
The story was short with characters many of us have seen before, so there was no need to incorporate development and if you haven't seen anything like it, it stands out (good starter anime)

Sep 6, 2013 8:14 AM

Jan 2012
alanwake said:
Toradora

Let's see.
No one punched that unlikeable female MC.
Dull Story
Unoriginal characters.
The main female MC is a retarded tsundere and is voiced by a person who should be out of job for making people's ears hurt.
The characters who seem somewhat interesting are sidelined for a boring and predictable couple.
The main female MC has been written so badly that I don't know what can even people like about her. She is a badly written tsundere and ruins the whole show.
and did I mention, No one punched that unlikeable female MC.

LOL! at the people saying Zetsuen no Tempest is over-rated. Most of the people on here haven't even seen it and it gets rarely recommended for it's genres when even an crap anime like Zero no Tsukaima gets recommended for it's genres.

did you even watched the show?she is the most likeable tsundere I've ever seen in an anime,and her personality changes after the first few episodes
Sep 6, 2013 8:15 AM

Jan 2013
qb_cakes said:
qb_cakes said:
I'm asking it because I thought it was a good oportunity, and this is an honest question, hell, I can have a rough idea why some people like shows I hate like One Piece and Naruto, or even Sword Art Online...

I concur with you.

It's bad because
1) It has plot holes, some of them really take the fun(?) away from the show.
2) Surprisingly every character only has a diary but is capable of pulling things out of his ass, like that small kid was perfectly able to get poison mask, poison gas and tape a grown adult and also shift he.
3) People seem to characterize it as mature but the only thing I found mature about the show was it's use of vulgarity, blood and other shit things. There is zero maturity in writing any character and plot.
Sep 6, 2013 8:19 AM

May 2013
Monogatari series for me, i've watched 3 episodes of Bakemonogatari and still don't see what's so special about it, the OST is good, sure, but i find the art to be...bad, yes, the art is quite unique, but i just can't like it, maybe i prefer those non-unique art style like most anime uses. I also find the story to be very slow and boring, i was bewildered that episode 3

Maybe it's just not my kind of show... ( i prefer a show that has fights in it, like your everyday shounen anime, for example )
Sep 6, 2013 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
renders said:

did you even watched the show?she is the most likeable tsundere I've ever seen in an anime,and her personality changes after the first few episodes

It pains me to say that, Yes, I have watched the show. I started watching it because of it's rating and kept watching it because people said that they liked her character development and it gets very good.
But I must have missed or just didn't care about the so called character development in that unoriginal plot because every action she did like beating that girl made you dislike her even more. She is plain rude and it gets super annoying to even like her.

The most likeable tsundere and one with a good dere side I have seen in an anime is Makise Kurisu. A well written and likeable character.
Sep 6, 2013 8:23 AM

Oct 2012
Oh,this thread again. I guess it's that time of the day again,
Sep 6, 2013 8:25 AM

Jan 2012
alanwake said:
renders said:

It pains me to say that, Yes, I have watched the show. I started watching it because of it's rating and kept watching it because people said that they liked her character development and it gets very good.
But I must have missed or just didn't care about the so called character development in that unoriginal plot because every action she did like beating that girl made you dislike her even more. She is plain rude and it gets super annoying to even like her.

The most likeable tsundere and one with a good dere side I have seen in an anime is Makise Kurisu. A well written and likeable character.

lol opinions
I liked Kurisu but didn't find her that special.I really felt Taiga's growth and the show grew on me,it was cute
Sep 6, 2013 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
OP: I agree with your statement on Psycho Pass. It's not horrible, but it definitely didn't deserve the hype. Haven't seen Madoka yet, though I plan to. And I completely disagree with TTGL. That show is awesome.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Sep 6, 2013 8:29 AM

Jul 2009
teddygamer said:
Monogatari series for me, i've watched 3 episodes of Bakemonogatari and still don't see what's so special about it, the OST is good, sure, but i find the art to be...bad, yes, the art is quite unique, but i just can't like it, maybe i prefer those non-unique art style like most anime uses. I also find the story to be very slow and boring, i was bewildered that episode 3

Maybe it's just not my kind of show... ( i prefer a show that has fights in it, like your everyday shounen anime, for example )

Fair enough, but I will say it does pick up afterwards.
It's amungst my fav's yet I still find it a tad tedious in some area's and I'm at series 3.

Sep 6, 2013 8:36 AM

Jul 2012
the shit i'm reading about some of the classic biggies like
NGE ? To me, the thing is, some of the most popular anime of all time are often brilliant, but not consistent.

NGE wobbles like a wet noodle but some of the scenes are absolutely fantastic and the images are burned into my brain. I think it comes down to how you choose to focus on the features of a particular anime.

NGE will always be great to me b/c it had moments that were unreal. I choose to ignore the many faults b/c the when NGE does it right, it fucking kicks ass

oh yah, did someone say GTO is overrated? WTF???????????
Sep 6, 2013 8:45 AM

Nov 2012
daintybiscuit said:
NGE wobbles like a wet noodle but some of the scenes are absolutely fantastic and the images are burned into my brain. I think it comes down to how you choose to focus on the features of a particular anime.
I agree with you there. Some older series really have this certain moments that where just classic. Trigun, Bebob, Berserk, Evangelion. They all had these two or three moments that are burned into anime history. That might be the difference in how people rate. Some people just rate in a other way. But anime like that really can make me rate it a 10.
Sep 6, 2013 9:11 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
This is another "most overrated anime" topic. Please continue in the existing thread:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=31853

Locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

37 by Chileno-12 »»
12 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

43 by DoisacChopper »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

39 by weebtoge »»
17 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 10 hours ago

36 by KenaiPhoenix »»
26 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

37 by ChrisBlitz »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.