Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 6, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2012
BleedingUranium said:
I'm standing by what I said before: if something weird happens in the final episode (which looks likely), it's going to involve everyone getting sucked in to Yura's world like Rento was, and will be a real firefight that may or may not actually kill people (leaning towards not though).

that would actually be amazing

and this is gainax were talking about
its never ruled out.
Sep 6, 2013 9:22 PM

Jun 2010
Fucking Yura. Why does this character make me more angry than any other character?

Sep 6, 2013 10:00 PM

Oct 2012
The whole episode made me feel like punching her face. ): <
Sep 7, 2013 1:40 AM

Dec 2008
Personally, I would like to see Yura take on Sonora/Rin in a straight-up match, rather than the BS match-up that happened at the school festival. Just to see her get slapped and put in her place, even if that wouldn't necessarily help her snap out of the rut that she's in currently.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Sep 7, 2013 2:43 AM

Apr 2013
I don't like Yura's attitude anymore. I didn't sign up for this kind of anime though :/ thought it was a cute anime with girls playing with airsoft guns but this goes beyond it :/
Sep 7, 2013 9:37 AM

Nov 2009
I feel like I'm one of the few fans really enjoying Yura's development.

At one point I did think it was just going to be her and the C3 club nonsensically beating teams until a showdown with Meisei at the end for redemption.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the way the series is going. She should just start her own team outside of the school system with other players who only desire victory and take the airsoft world by storm =D

Would be awesome for her new team to then take on Stella and Meisei by the last episode!! <3
Sep 7, 2013 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
I'm reluctant to say this, but Yura's character is just splendid. She's bitching, but in an amazingly badass way.
Next episode, without a team, I wonder what she will do. It will be boring if she does not get into action.
I hope she will just go solo and blast everyone away with her new-found dark arts, but also hope she will get slapped to her sense. What dilemma.

Anyway, the latest two episodes are outstanding.
But as a whole, this show is too messy and unbalanced to the point that is impossible to score me great.
Sep 7, 2013 5:42 PM

Nov 2012
Yura joined Rin's team.

Ohh shit,Yura didn't shake hands with that one guy after the medic game.That scene where Rento went to see Yura was somewhat sad tbh.

Yura not even going to see if that one girl was fine was fucked up and the fact that she continued playing made it worse.She was eventually kicked out of Rin's team though.

Next episode seems dark.Wonder if they were implying a new memberwith the Exchange Student A thing?
Sep 7, 2013 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
VanishingKira said:
Wonder if they were implying a new memberwith the Exchange Student A thing?

Sure, if you missed the part where Sonora said "Yura". And repeated shots of jets flying over in the episode. And the epilogue about travelling abroad.

Sonora's going to take Yura as her partner to a tournament in the US, the one that she used to be partnered with Rin in.
Sep 8, 2013 10:24 AM
May 2012
Un-freaking-real. Not even Meisei could contain Yura. I wonder what's gonna happen after the next few eps.

This series is starting to take me by surprise. I thought this would be like the cute girls with guns thing, then this end up being psychological about how Yura transformed into this character obsessed with winning, it feels painful watching her. But then it gets interesting, like watching Madoka Magica (haven't watched the movies yet, though)

Three episodes left, i can't wait!
Sep 9, 2013 4:26 AM

Oct 2007
I agree that at this point they should simply go full grimdark. It's not like they will win back any fans of cgdct with happy ending now so it would be better to continue on with what they were doing in last episodes. Too bad it won't happen, show will stay bad, just with a different flavor of bad.

symbv said:
Anotherthing that particularly alarms fans in Japan is the show does not have a person who is responsible for Series Composition.
This explains so much...

symbv said:
The issue showed up in particular in the very weird supernatural ep.4 (the guy who wrote this apparently also writes the final episode - so just be prepared).
Oh my, hopefully it will be fun. I liked that episode the most, it was very unique, such a shame he didn't get to write rest of the anime. People responsible for the Darth Yura route would also be nice but ending of last episode clearly suggests she'll be back to light side. In general, foreshadowing in this show is disgustingly obvious.
Sep 9, 2013 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
One must be a real cynic to complain about happy endings and consider them cliché.
Sep 9, 2013 4:42 PM

Oct 2012
yuras corrupt with power

edit: whats darth mean?

^ Why isn't this updating...
Sep 10, 2013 1:41 AM

Jan 2013
Go home GAINAX, you're drunk.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Sep 10, 2013 1:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yura is going angsty downward spiral in the way only Gainax can.

I thought Rei was the I'll do anything to win girl? Shouldn't she have encouraged Yura's turn to the dark side? I feel like they've changed her character from the descriptions we've had from Sonora and what we've seen in previous episodes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 10, 2013 9:24 AM

Feb 2012
This series is getting better and better. Yura is having one of the best falls I have seen in an anime. I really hope there isn't a happy ending for her. I would love to see her get picked up by another team that better suits her style and see her become one of the villains for a second season (if they make one). I really loved the blindfold scene, very simple yet powerful imagery.

I'm also glad this episode cleared up Rin's playing style. The team is aggressive, but the individuals are not. Their style is designed to give them the best chance of winning with the fewest casualties. Rin appears to be the most conservative person in the series, but she balances that with a high pace offense designed to keep the enemy off balance. Yura is willing to make sacrifices and take risks that Rin is unable to make.
Sep 10, 2013 5:20 PM

Dec 2009
I love Yura.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 11, 2013 1:45 AM

Nov 2012
yura is really trying her best.. but.. it is too much..
I think she is really selfish in this episode.. what are you doing yura?! :/

I wonder if she will go back to C3 bu
Sep 11, 2013 4:17 AM

Jul 2008
Don't bring down yourself to their level, Yura.

Such a shame that neither clubs can recognize a genius like you.
Sep 12, 2013 3:30 PM
Dec 2010
Gotta say, that really is quite a heel turn Yura has gone through, she's really gone off the deep end.

Also, with such a depressing overall mood, the happy-go-lucky ending seems rather out of place.
Sep 14, 2013 5:43 AM

May 2013
Yura joins Rin's team only to find out she's very selfish.

Yura, fix yourself before it's too late!
I just wonder how this will end.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 14, 2013 4:00 PM

Dec 2012
wow, that was dark. really, really dark. there were so many scenes where music was missing and it actually gave me goosebumps because it didn't feel like the show i started to watch o_o it felt so different. i'm surprised, ngl.

i read that some people want to see yura's childhood and an explanation why she's so obessed with winning, but i don't think that's necessary. her character development seems not that off.
at the beginning i thought i couldn't take the airguns seriously, but i was wrong. the dark atmosphere and yura's change make it look quite dark.

i'm not sure what to expect now. i guess yura will go back to her previous club and after some stubborn stares she and sonora will make up and everything will be okay again because of the power of friendship and learned lessons~ but i actually hope it won't be that easy. i hope it won't be such a typical happy ending.
Sep 14, 2013 4:41 PM

Sep 2011
Silly of course hope for the suicide, but I'll believe it.
Sep 15, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
You know it's pretty rare to see the MC act like this in anime. Yura's actions make the audience feel uneasy or even make them mad. I was feeling a bit of this myself. However, this is actually pretty realistic. She's someone who hasn't been used to interacting well with others but she wants the camaraderie that she sees. She thinks she needs to prove it to them though, which is why she pushes herself and others; to try and attain some level so that they are worthy or so they can compare themselves (like with Rin's team).

I say this is realistic since I've also felt this way at some point in my life. Never thought what I thought would be a casual anime would turn out this unique. I'm very pleasantly surprised!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Sep 21, 2013 1:50 AM

Dec 2012
The problem with Yura joining Rin's team is that Yura and Rin are coming from two completely different perspectives. Rin may seem like she's only in it for the competition, but she cares about her teammates in her own way and won't sacrifice everything for a victory. Also when they lined up to shake hands with the team that they lost to, Rin showed that despite her stoic attitude, she is a very good sport.

Oh boy, Yura continues to spiral downhill, it's a bit painful to watch considering how cheerful and bright she was in the early episodes. It was saddening to see Ren visit her and see her in that condition. Ren is probably my favorite character, she's very empathetic and didn't judge Yura. Yura originally only meant well, but as it's said - the road to hell is paved in good intentions.

I was actually on edge that she might try a suicide attempt at the end of the episode or something.
Sep 23, 2013 8:01 AM

Jul 2013
The way Yura's eyes changed to look more and more deranged and cold towards the end kinda scared me. O_O

Oct 17, 2013 11:45 AM

May 2012
Oh boy, things sure got depressing and serious! THat ending... well lets see what happens next!
Oct 28, 2013 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
I never expected something like this from series like this. Now I really wonder if there will be some happy ending after that.

But this turn of event is very interestings on the other hand. Maybe it's time for some moe-guns show to end bad.
Oct 30, 2013 11:13 AM

Oct 2012
Yura's teamwork is awful and finally someone told her, so now we get depression episode for the rest of the series ?
Nov 10, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, so Yura gets told off by Rin as well ... yeah, she's certainly not looking out for the best interests of the team as well. Pretty cutting what Rin must've said to her ... poor Rento getting turned down like that >_<
Looks like Sonora's going to go abroad again? Hmm, I wonder if that'll be what gets Yura to go back to the club? Though she's gotta change her attitude as well ...
I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the show. I certainly wasn't expecting Yura to change so much - not even for the better either! Looking forward to how this will be resolved :O
Nov 21, 2013 6:50 PM

Aug 2008
So, Yura is the main reason why this show quietly has below average rating on MAL? hmmm
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Dec 14, 2013 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
Kiku-chan said:
symbv said:
Fans in Japan are saying that one thought Yura could not sink lower, in the next episode she actually sinks lower, and this has been what happens in the last 3-4 episodes. By now, quite a number of fans could only give disdainful remarks for this protagonist character - Yuck!

Hello symbv, when will you stop talking about what Japan says about this series? We got it already what Japan's opinion is. If you love their opinion that much, you could pretty much visit 2ch and suck their ass there. I am not against people that dislike the series, no. But it is annoying to refer to Japan in every post and in every thread.

For me, Gainax did a fantastic job so far. I read the manga which unfortunately is way worse and less interesting than the anime. Thus I appreciate the effort Gainax has put to make a mediocre manga good. I really hope many more manga adaptions will go this path.

Finally someone said it. Fuck the stupid Japanese otaku. If they don't like it they can just go back and watch their other gazillion moeblob shows and fab to their waifus.

Sonicjr723 said:
eldest said:
this show started off pretty fun, and dropped off as bit in the few episodes before 9 and 10

but episode 9 with the darth yura /spec ops: The C3-bu
and this thoroughly gainaxed near eva-ification of episode 10 has actually been really bloody enjoyable to watch.

these last 2 episodes have had no right to be this good. yet somehow gainax made it work.

agreed with other people in this thread though. rin was just being a bitch, objectively (statistically) speaking. yura was by far the best player on team mesei.
no reason to drop her. and weve been lead to believe that rin respected ep 8 yura for going so far as to cheat and force her methods upon C3 in absence of sonora, yet she tells yura to leave for the same reason? and the explanation she gave was bullshit.

yura should go rogue next ep and take both teams on and pull one of those reality warp thingies.
cause C-3rd impact or some shit. the airsoft instrumentality

See, this guy understands my logic.

Yeah i want to see that shit going down.
Dec 15, 2013 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

A lonely spirit that seeks approval but also the chance to shine, this is a summary of my thoughts on Yura.
Unfortunately I was looking for an anime introductory, not inquiring of the human soul, but still remains a good production of Gainax, although many people do not know why they despise so much the animation house! ^ ^ "
Drawn well should spiegersi a bit more with the animation, the show showed too little! ^ _ ^
Too bad for the pastel colors, maybe they are a clear choice to make greater contrast with the narrative.
A vote less because I want more air soft!
terrablu2003Dec 15, 2013 8:11 AM
Dec 2, 2014 11:40 AM

Jun 2011
Watching this episode I am reminded that they are in modern Japan, and that air soft should just be a hobby. I am starting to wonder if anyone in this show actually have a life outside air soft club activity.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 4, 2014 7:37 PM

Feb 2013
"You don't belong on out team." OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You just got told!

Damn, Yura is just going toward a downwad spiral. I wonder how'll it end. I would be surprised if she actually ends up all alone. That would be quite a twist. But it's probably gonna end with her back in the c3 Club again. C'mon anime! Do something unexpected.
Nov 1, 2016 8:17 PM

Sep 2013
Yura did nothing wrong. Like seriously, if this was a sports anime her skill and devotion would be praised.
Jul 8, 2021 2:55 AM

Feb 2020
This episode was so painful to watch. Poor Yura. She fell into depression, feeling she has no place to return to.

SerafosDec 23, 2023 3:32 AM
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2013

137 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Amarrez - Jul 18, 2013

129 by toralbabs »»
Feb 14, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 11, 2013

95 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

179 by toralbabs »»
Feb 7, 7:44 PM

» Anyone else think the OP is really catchy?

Riptos - Aug 5, 2013

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Apr 6, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.