Forum Settings
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2013 4:30 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well it was kinda obvious that Eva was taking dem magic pills.
The new girl sound pretty decent, too bad she leaves for now but I'm sure she'll join Touta's party soon.
Sep 5, 2013 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
>Live as if you were to die tomorrow!
Nice quote...

I kinda like this new girl also somewhat so far.
Sep 5, 2013 6:57 PM

Mar 2012
Ken really goes all out giving us another long chapter. Looking forward to the tournament.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 5, 2013 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
Solid chapter. Looking forward to the next one.
Sep 6, 2013 2:05 AM

Aug 2011
Is tha Shinobu's decendant(Love Hina)? hopefully to see her again and loli Eva FTW....
Sep 6, 2013 5:09 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder what kind of trigger will make him want to start training to get stronger again now that he's stopped?
Sep 6, 2013 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know yet if this series is good or running on feels from Negima. xD
Sep 6, 2013 6:10 PM

Mar 2012
I want to see the samurai that look like Setsuna soon.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 6, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2008
daime17 said:
Is tha Shinobu's decendant(Love Hina)? hopefully to see her again and loli Eva FTW....

It is possible since Negima and Love Hina are taking part in the same universe. I don't remember where exactly but iirc there were reference of Motoko actually existing in the Negima-verse at some point.

We'll probably see plenty of loli Eva when they'll meet old Negima characters because I doubt any of them would recognize her otherwise (When she left her life with them, she was in her loli form)
Sep 6, 2013 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
Eh? I didn't know Love Hina universe was also connected to the Negima verse.
Sep 6, 2013 7:21 PM

Mar 2012
Haven't read Love Hina but I heard that Shinmeryu that is used by Setsuna is based from Love Hina.
Sep 6, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2008
NeoAnkara said:
Haven't read Love Hina but I heard that Shinmeryu that is used by Setsuna is based from Love Hina.

Also there was a cameo at some point even though her name wasn't stated iirc.
Sep 6, 2013 8:58 PM

May 2011
That space elevator reminded me of the index movie, especially with the concert and all :P
Sep 6, 2013 9:18 PM

Mar 2012
RockerXD said:
That space elevator reminded me of the index movie, especially with the concert and all :P
Yeah. I read the chapter before watching movie and my thought is the same.
Sep 7, 2013 8:58 AM

Aug 2011
Shangetsu said:
daime17 said:

It is possible since Negima and Love Hina are taking part in the same universe. I don't remember where exactly but iirc there were reference of Motoko actually existing in the Negima-verse at some point.

We'll probably see plenty of loli Eva when they'll meet old Negima characters because I doubt any of them would recognize her otherwise (When she left her life with them, she was in her loli form)

Also I think Mie is Naru's cousin you could see her in the 2nd panel with Shinobu and the 2 guys
daime17Sep 12, 2013 8:02 PM
Sep 10, 2013 3:11 AM

Jun 2012
I'm already really starting to like this Touta guy. When he started to sing I thought "shit, I wish I could learn to sing so easily..." then when he failed "...oh good, he's just like me.".

Did anyone else think that Shinobu's role model looks a lot like Takahata-sensei? I'm thinking they're probably related as well.

The same thoughts crossed my mind, but this chapter was really good to me, and it didn't really mention anything about Negima, so, I think it's going to develop fine as it's own series. That said, I think this is much more of a sequel than a spin-off, so it's going to have to continue with Negima feels also.

It's hinted on a few occasions in Negima, but there's no officially acknowledged connections. I like to think they're connected. The only thing that was lacking in Love Hina was magic... but there was a fair share of hints at magic, as well as crazy sword-techniques. Setsuna mentioned the Aoyama clan when training with Jack Rakan, and she has the same fighting style as Motoko (Shinmei Ryuu). If anything they both take place on Earth... and magic was still (publically) a myth in Negima, so it isn't unlikely.

Wow, I never knew about that. After reading a little about it, it seems it might actually be the same Mei Sakura. No wonder I always loved Mei... she's related to Naru. :O
Of course, for it to really work we'd probably have to go by the anime's logic that they're step-sisters, rather than cousins.

You're probably right... but I have a feeling that most of the characters are likely dead, from Negima. At least the (pure) humans. I could be wrong, but that's just the impression I got when she was walking away from them in that page in the first chapter. That second panel they were all grown, so I just assumed that. I'm kinda hoping it's that way, even though I would also love to see all of them again.
But perhaps she just left because Negi wasn't there anymore. I dunno though, guess we'll find out.
HalibelTheEspadaSep 10, 2013 3:16 AM
Sep 10, 2013 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
Ken once confirmed that it was Motoko and Tsuruko who brought Setsuna to the Konoes. Tsuruko also acted as Setsuna's instructor and showed her the Hina blade in one chapter.

A few other examples: Nitta-sensei is the same Nitta from AI Love You. Hakase mentions siblings who invented AIs with feelings, another AI Love You reference. Seta and Haitani have short cameos in Negima, too.

It is assumed that all of Ken's works play in the same universe, while he usually wants to keep his works separated and at best give us some cameos. This is obviously not the case this time.
Sep 13, 2013 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
Awesome Gandhi quote and Louis Armstrong. I'm really digging this new manga, very good so far.
Sep 21, 2013 6:41 PM

Aug 2011
What if the pills Eva use has a potion that makes her nicer...
Sep 21, 2013 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
daime17 said:

Nah. Eva's time at Mahora really made her a much better person.

You can actually see how much she's changed from the first few chapter of Negima to the last fews one and Negima happened in the space of one single years.

She lived years and probably even decade alongside Nagi and Negi. It's not to say that when Negi had a child, she probably kept hanging around until Negi died then she moved to hang around his child and now since Negi's child is dead, she continue to keep ties with the family through Negi's grandchild, Touta.
Sep 21, 2013 7:20 PM

Mar 2012
Shangetsu said:
daime17 said:

You can actually see how much she's changed from the first few chapter of Negima to the last fews one and Negima happened in the space of one single years.

She lived years and probably even decade alongside Nagi and Negi. It's not to say that when Negi had a child, she probably kept hanging around until Negi died then she moved to hang around his child and now since Negi's child is dead, she continue to keep ties with the family through Negi's grandchild, Touta.
She is still Springfield family stalker.
Sep 24, 2013 5:20 AM

Aug 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Shangetsu said:
daime17 said:

She is still Springfield family stalker.

Asuna probably brush some of her personality to Eva
Oct 6, 2013 3:00 PM

Dec 2010
Ok, I don't really know where is this manga going, but one thing's for sure, I very much enjoy reading it.

Shinobu's a great character and looks great as well.
Apr 14, 2014 4:29 PM

Feb 2008
Dunno what's wrong with Eva, that's an excellent and highly achievable dream ;)

I wonder what his singing will be like after a few hundred years of practice?
Aug 7, 2015 10:51 PM

Jul 2015
This chapter is cool and I enjoy Read it and it make me want more of this lol sweet shit hahahahahaha 😂 😂 lol (☆4/5☆)
Oct 17, 2017 4:06 AM

Dec 2013
Being a kid forever must really be terrible...

RIP Touta’s singing career lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 192 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Feb 8, 2022

15 by HibiChika »»
Dec 31, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 150 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 149 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 7:07 AM

» Ending

Radtoter - Apr 24, 2022

13 by Radtoter »»
Dec 4, 2022 7:23 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 184 Discussion

zkl_ - Jun 8, 2021

15 by otakukid »»
Dec 3, 2022 11:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.