Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 7, 2013 7:13 PM

Jul 2010
This show is one of my guilty pleasures :3
Sep 7, 2013 7:16 PM

Mar 2012
MEsoJD said:
This show is one of my guilty pleasures :3
I wonder what part of this is "guilty"?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 7, 2013 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
Ayumi's maid outfit and Tenri-service!

Keima just went all abort-mission on Chihiro. Sad, but had to happen...
Sep 7, 2013 11:29 PM

Apr 2010
Well this was like the first time in the series where Katsuragi fucks things up really bad

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 7, 2013 11:44 PM

Aug 2012
Keima's being a real fucking douche this episode.

Poor Chihiro. I would comfort you if only you were 3d.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 7, 2013 11:50 PM

Mar 2012
Koryo-chan said:
Keima's being a real fucking douche this episode.

Poor Chihiro. I would comfort you if only you were 3d.
You are using the right avatar for this episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 8, 2013 3:11 AM

Feb 2012
CHIHIROOOOOO! :'( I feel bad for her! Dang, I really like them together! If there was no 5th goddess, Keima and Chihiro would prolly end up together!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 9, 2013 4:19 AM

Jun 2009
Keima you MATHA FAKKA!!!

Well, it had to be done... Tenri's an angel...

still... Chihiro...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2013 10:22 PM

Jan 2008
Poor Chihiro...she's my favourite girl out of all of them, and wished she'd finally get a break and find true love with Keima...too bad that wasn't meant to be, simply because Keima is indifferent to feelings of every girl unless they serve one purpose or another; Elsea with their devil contract still in effect with the collars as proof, and the goddesses and their hosts holding the key to oppose all hell breaking loose. If none of these wer factors, he'd probably go back to being a reclusive guy and won't show any interest in "real" girls ever again.

At least he seems to be affected by having to break Chihiro's heart, in order to prevent anything from developing further in a potential relationship with her, which will only make her even more depressed if they became more attached...were they to break up later.

I hope she gets some more spotlight in the manga, even if she doesn't have a goddess in her...like winning Keima's love in the end of the series; out of honest feelings instead of being an absolutely necessity like all the other girls which involve life and death--the fate of the world.
Sep 11, 2013 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
I really hope something really good to happen to Chihiro otherwise I wont be happy again ):
Sep 12, 2013 1:42 AM

Sep 2013
i was going nuts!
it was so hard to watch that scene between keima and and chihiro :/
wow
Sep 13, 2013 2:34 PM

Jan 2012
how convenient.. a portable fan!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 13, 2013 10:12 PM
Aug 2013
Poor Chihiro :(
I almost cried
playmusicSep 13, 2013 10:28 PM
Sep 14, 2013 11:21 PM

Aug 2010
Douche...that is all.
Sep 24, 2013 7:59 AM

Sep 2012
in Path, seams that Keima starting to realize for a moment that he has feelings for Chihiro
Sep 29, 2013 12:41 PM

May 2012
Damn that first part sure was a cringe moment you could so hear her heart breaking! Damn man, you can be hard but this was a bit too hard! Well at least she's one less girl that he knows that holds a goddess! What he found under that big rock was quite interesting though, lets see what's next!
Oct 3, 2013 6:32 AM

Sep 2011
Then Chihiro will be forgotten? :(

Oct 10, 2013 10:38 AM
Aug 2012
Seeing the sad moment where Keima just left Chihiro was bad...seeing it in a animated form...almost shed a tear.
Oct 11, 2013 7:43 PM

Feb 2009
Have you ever been in a situation in which you could go only for the wrong path?
There you have it. Even I felt like shit.

Though I anticipated Chihiro not having the last goddess, the scene was pretty much perfect in terms of drama and momentum. Great. I love it when my expectations get actually exceeded.
Oct 16, 2013 5:24 AM

Oct 2012
It's really not like the usual God of Conquest..
Miscalculation.. Failed to conquest..
"You thought I'd fall in love with a real girl?".. Keima it's 2D girl!! Oh, sorry fourth wall
And poor Chihiro... I just can't stand Keima-sama did it to Chihiro :(
Diana is so Tsundere xD

Oh.. something evil & big gonna happen
Lol "It has nothing to do with me".. Sasuga, the usual God of Conquest-sama!!

Next ep, Haqua!! Evil Luna-sama is there too xD

Tennouji_ said:
Then Chihiro will be forgotten? :(

Ofc not!!
"Signature removed"
Oct 20, 2013 3:04 PM

Feb 2009
Keima lied.
Chihiro cried.

What I liked about the rooftop scene is that Keima wasn't so resolute about the things he said, like in the manga... or rather they could not portray his insecurity of his descision well in the manga, but the anime gave that part back really well. I remember waiting a whole lot of chapters for the revalation that he really cared about Chihiro's feelings there and he felt totally devastated because of that.

Well he had his excuses, but... in the end it doesn't change that he was an asshole. Nicely done, Manglobe.
Oct 26, 2013 4:12 AM

Feb 2008
So yeah, that completely killed Keima's character for me. He's nothing but a lying, manipulative asshole. No empathy from me.
Dec 15, 2013 9:48 AM

Nov 2013
Kinda feel sorry for Keima, he has to deal with this shit.

I feel sorry for chihiro though, she initiated everything
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Dec 18, 2013 6:30 AM

Jun 2011
That was harsh. He could've been a little less of a dick, but you could tell that he was regretful of his own actions. On the other hand those Tenri/Diana moments were fun to watch.
Dec 19, 2013 6:06 PM
Jan 2013
Veronin said:
So yeah, that completely killed Keima's character for me. He's nothing but a lying, manipulative asshole. No empathy from me.

Shame really.

When an anime character demonstrates real maturity by making a tough choice or move,he automatically becomes 100% evil.

He wanted to keep Chihiro out of vintage's eye,he failed, but the point is that he made a reasonable effort to do so.

Not every anime character has to be like superman or batman,After all, at the end of the day, He is just a young human boy with no special status or power.

At least he is not a whiny loser or has plot armor,like most leads these days.
genesic123Dec 19, 2013 6:32 PM

Dec 23, 2013 6:22 AM

Jun 2013
Veronin said:

While I think he was harsh, I don't agree with your sentiments.

I mean are you an idiot? Haven't you been watching the same work as the rest of us. The show is from his pov of view. He doesn't care for any of the girls, he merely does what he has to do at first to save his head, a situation he was put in against his will, and then to save the goddess and the world.

You are acting like the rest of the series never existed, and you actually thought he wanted to date Chihiro.

Yes he handled the situation poorly, but he basically shot her down in a way she would not get the wrong idea and in such a harsh manner she would not have fleeting hope he would change when he wont, the best situation really once he knew she had no goddess.

I mean when you think about it Chihiro ends up the best off, he told her straight what are basically his feelings about all the girls. They continue going thinking they have a chance, when honestly he doesn't care for anyone in a romantic sense.
Jan 7, 2014 5:28 AM
Nov 2010
Take that, Chihiro.
Good to see some things starting to unravel.
Jan 7, 2014 3:51 PM

Jun 2008
Damn!, i want to hug and comfort Chihiro. Poor girl got her heart smashed to pieces.

Sugram22 said:
in Path, seams that Keima starting to realize for a moment that he has feelings for Chihiro

As i see it she has the most potential of actually being his true end since she the one girl that can't be put in his gal girl categories since she is the "normal" girl and actually loved him without all the devil-godless conquest stuff.

krownklown said:
Veronin said:

I mean are you an idiot? Haven't you been watching the same work as the rest of us. The show is from his pov of view. He doesn't care for any of the girls, he merely does what he has to do at first to save his head, a situation he was put in against his will, and then to save the goddess and the world.

You are acting like the rest of the series never existed, and you actually thought he wanted to date Chihiro.

Yes he handled the situation poorly, but he basically shot her down in a way she would not get the wrong idea and in such a harsh manner she would not have fleeting hope he would change when he wont, the best situation really once he knew she had no goddess.

I mean when you think about it Chihiro ends up the best off, he told her straight what are basically his feelings about all the girls. They continue going thinking they have a chance, when honestly he doesn't care for anyone in a romantic sense.

Bullshit! He cares for all of them actually. He just doesn't want to admit that he cares so much for those real girls. His lying to himself. Also it was obvious a part of him just wanted to be with her but his duties and logic stopped him from making sentimental decisions.
MonadJan 7, 2014 3:56 PM
Jan 8, 2014 8:22 PM

Jun 2013
Monad said:
Damn!, i want to hug and comfort Chihiro. Poor girl got her heart smashed to pieces.

Sugram22 said:

As i see it she has the most potential of actually being his true end since she the one girl that can't be put in his gal girl categories since she is the "normal" girl and actually loved him without all the devil-godless conquest stuff.

krownklown said:
Veronin said:

Bullshit! He cares for all of them actually. He just doesn't want to admit that he cares so much for those real girls. His lying to himself. Also it was obvious a part of him just wanted to be with her but his duties and logic stopped him from making sentimental decisions.

Look man, I think harem is always the best option, and find it almost ironic a fan of ergoge and gal would not jump at the chance to have a harem like Keima could; that said his character is as close to asexual as I have seen in a while. Its not like he is dense like Ichika or even Issei, he understands these girls like him etc, but acts all bothered by it.
Feb 9, 2014 3:04 AM
May 2012
Damn, my prediction about Chihiro, Ayumi and Diana are spot on :3
Diana and Tenri are so adorable!!!
I really like the ending song <3 Opening song is nice too.
Let's see what will happen now!!
Feb 12, 2014 10:10 PM

Apr 2012
damn Chihiro's heart got smashed into tiny pieces D: That was rough. That kiss made it 10x worse

Feb 15, 2014 8:06 AM

Jan 2012
i'm not into romance bullshit, but that was very hard to watch....

poor girl... keima will probably graduate from 24/7 gaming after this..
Mar 30, 2014 3:03 PM

Jul 2008
Wow poor Chihiro. That was so harsh.
Mar 31, 2014 10:19 PM

Sep 2008
I feel so bad for Chihiro. But Keima has it hard too.
May 8, 2014 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
5layer said:
I feel so bad for Chihiro. But Keima has it hard too.

So does my penis.
Jun 4, 2014 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
Holy. Fucking. Shit. YOOOOOOOOOO. Ouuuuuuuch.
I know I said I prefered Ayumi, but still, that rejection at the beginning have hit pretty fucking hard. I cringed like if neck had dislocated. Damn, Keima, that was ice cold, and his reaction after. Though, it was interresting that he wasn't really understanding the situation. He tried to go straight conquering Ayumi, but he hadn't realized that he had hurt Ayumi by hurting her bestfriend.

The whole scene with Tenri was hilarious. That giant ear surprised the fuck out of me xD

I don't really understand what is Vintage plan and how all is related. I guess that by analysing all the information we have, we could make an hypothese, but you know, I'm marathoning it and nobody ain't got no time for this :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 21, 2014 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
such an intense episode

Jun 27, 2014 9:49 PM

Sep 2012
Poor Chihiro. Damn. Keima was an asshole in this episode.
Jul 8, 2014 7:26 PM
Aug 2013
Keima why are you so harsh???!!!!!
Jul 14, 2014 11:33 PM

Apr 2014
How Keima dropped Chihiro was harsh made it hard to watch made me feel so freaking sad for Chihiro
Jul 18, 2014 10:58 PM

May 2009
The Chihiro scene broke my heart :'(

Also, pacing is way too quick
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 30, 2014 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
THIS EPISODE, MAN

First, I was so happy to see Elsie again :D I missed her so much X3

Secondly, the scene with Tenri and the magic tricks was unexpected, but cute all the same!

Third, that scene with Chihiro... it kind of shocked me, I feel like Keima was a bit TOO cold...

pacuuuuu3 said:
The Chihiro scene broke my heart :'(

Yeah, same here...

Also, this part made crack me up laughing lol:
"There is something big about do go down....and it has nothing to do with me!!" ~ Keima Katsuragi xD

But yeah, I feel like Keima is going to be broken by the end of this season... too many girls' feelings are on the line.
removed-userJul 30, 2014 6:34 PM
Jul 30, 2014 9:55 PM

May 2014
There's no fucking goddess in Chihiro!! OMG, WTF!! I was not expecting that. She defies expectations. She came over when he was sick and called her STUPID. She's making him out of his game lol. WHy did he kiss her back? Noooo, he's so irresponsible, Kanon's life is at stake here!!!! And then he comes back and really hurts her. For real this time.
And it's his first failure.

The plot seems to be picking up which is good. There was a lot less girl hunting time, but the plot progressed instead.
Good episode 4/5
Aug 18, 2014 10:30 AM
Jun 2010
Yeah, I finished this series a few weeks ago, but was thinking about it while mulling over the manga (reading atm) and this episode gutted me so bad, Chihiro... Oh poor Chihiro. So unbearable to watch, especially given his realization of his feelings towards her, I guess that's why he was so harsh. But shit man, Chihiro.... T.T
Oct 4, 2014 7:54 PM

Feb 2013
That scene with Chihiro. Holy fucking shit man! That was really hard to watch and really mean of Keima to do. But I guess he had no choice. There was no goddess in her. Ternri is super cute when she did her magic tricks! HHHHNNNNGGGG! What is Nikaido's role? I still don't know if she's good or not. Amazing episode. Looks like even more shit is going to hit the fan the next episode. Haqua looks serious!
Nov 9, 2014 2:32 PM

Mar 2013
Easily the most Brutal episode of the show, and one of the most twisted rejections in all anime.

I was already catching on that Chihiro likely didn't have one inside of her, but when he was on top of her and she said that it was her first time, I had to pause the show for a while.. Briefly considered not finishing the episode (and season) so as not to have to deal with that sequence. Really sad and painful moment, especially because Chihiro's confession and feelings easily are the most believable out of any other female in the show.

I knew from Season 2 that Chihiro was the Best Girl as she had the (undeniably) best Arc based on Polls, and seemingly came out of nowhere and presented a genuine Real girl that had Keima completely bamboozled. I think he had the most character progression from that arc, and that signified that Chihiro and him potentially had the most compatibility and the highest likelihood of working out.

From Chihiro's confession here and the fact that she didn't expliclty remember their past romance, it's clear that she is the only female that liked Katsuragi in-spite of of his Gaming and Geeky ways way back when. He also didn't need to (and wasn't able) win her over with his Galge strategies. The reason for this is that she is the closest thing the anime has to a Real female, and no matter how convenient, impressive, and entertaining the Galga strategies are the reality is that those antics and situations won't transition to the Real World.

It's very likely that Keima has genuine feelings for Chihiro, eventhough he fervently wants to deny the Real World. That and the fact that he has to conquer Ayumi and deal with Vintage leaves him to viciously spurn Chihiro and make a fool out of her. Was it ideal? Absolutely not.. No matter how you look at it from an outsiders perspective he is a True Villain. We as the viewers know that's not exactly the case since he was in a tough spot and had to prioritize the fate of others over his own considerations, and accepting Chihiro now would complicate things immeasurably, with (likely) lethal consequences.
Nov 30, 2014 6:30 PM

Jun 2014
this is easily one of the best love triangle the i've watched
Dec 9, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
Omg chihiro..... damn.
Tenri's magic tricks hahaha.
Finally it's time for Ayumi's conquest.
How is it possible to make almost every heroine in TWGOK lovable ?
I can't choose a single best girl. (T ^ T)
Mar 10, 2015 3:51 AM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
The entire first half of the episode had me audibly squeaking in pain. Emotional pain. From all the feels. I briefly considered making an overdone Simpsons parallel screen cap over Chihiro-- "Watch this Keima, you can actually pinpoint the second her heart rips in half." --buuuuuut I couldn't bring myself to do it.

The second half made me feel a little better; nothing like the plot to distract you from heartache!
Mar 18, 2015 8:25 PM
Aug 2007
Fuck, that was haaaaaarsh... I felt so bad for Chihiro ;_;
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2013

302 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 16, 1:00 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ermeson1996 - Sep 23, 2013

433 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.