Forum Settings
Forums

Anyone else think Fall season is gonna be loaded?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 2, 2013 7:42 PM

Mar 2013
Harutora said:
Kill La Kill is going to be the best of the fall season.

This.

There's a few others that should be interesting are Kuroko no Basket 2, Coppelion and Magi probably.
KvshiSep 2, 2013 7:46 PM
Sep 2, 2013 8:10 PM

Mar 2013
looks really good, I'm excited.
Sep 2, 2013 8:12 PM

Mar 2013
Harutora said:
Kill La Kill is going to be the best of the fall season.

seems like the anime has a great staff working on it.
Sep 2, 2013 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
Yup pretty much.
Sep 2, 2013 10:58 PM

Feb 2008
Not really. Most of the shows are sequels to mediocre/average anime. What we have this summer is about as good as it gets.
Sep 2, 2013 11:33 PM

Aug 2011
Ehh, it looks decent, now that I'm looking at the chart again. There's a lot of shounen/romcom/harem/sequels of stuff I didn't care about so not a lot of it interests me.

A few do, like the Blazblue adaption, and the others I want to watch I really can count on one hand.

Sep 2, 2013 11:36 PM

Sep 2012
Looking forward to:

Kill la Kill
Samurai Flamenco
Kyouaki no Konata
Oregairu OVA
The Free! Movie
Gargantia OVA
Senyuu 2 OVA
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya OVA

BUT MOST OF ALL MADOKA MOVIE 3
...and the new stuff for KissxSis

Also looking ahead to winter for the Nisekoi anime from Shaft!
Sep 2, 2013 11:39 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah looking forward to a couple series there, they look pretty interesting like Coppelion.

Edit: Also the next season for Little Busters! I am excite.
Sep 2, 2013 11:49 PM
Mar 2011
anothe poor season were the moovies will be the best thing to come ouut
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 3, 2013 12:47 AM

Jan 2012
man i have like 15 shows i wanna watch this season,my ptw keeps growing :(
Sep 3, 2013 12:50 AM

Aug 2009
I usually have like 20 shows each season... I doubt theres going to be anything too amazing, but usually theres atleast 2 or 3 anime that I end up giving 7+ score.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 3, 2013 12:51 AM

Jun 2013
This season I'll just sit and watch yaoi hentai all day.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Sep 3, 2013 12:53 AM

Sep 2012
Maria_Sama said:
This season I'll just sit and watch yaoi hentai all day.

O u
Sep 3, 2013 12:55 AM

Nov 2007
Fall Season is always the most interesting season with anime every year, I'm not that surprised.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 3, 2013 1:05 AM

Feb 2011
For the sport fans anime we have Hajime No Ippo 3, Kuroko No Basuke, Ace of Diamond ( seems promising.
Terror: Pupa ( who knows )
Kyoani show of the season, usually is a good anime
We have Log Horizon wanabe a SAO
ECCHI with freezing , infinite stratos, sekai de ichiban
Mecha: kakumei valvrave
Interesting shows samurai flamenco, kill la kill, coppelion
comedy with golden time
little busters refrain, I'm hyped with that second season and don't know why because first wasn't as great!
Sep 3, 2013 1:06 AM

May 2009
Interested in:
- Nagi no Asukara
- Outbreak Company
- Phi Brain 3
- Kikou Shoujo wa Kistukanai
- Non Non Byori
- Galileo Donna
- Kyoukai no Kanata
- Strike the Blood
- Golden Time
- Tesugare! Bukatsu-mono
- Little Busters efrain
- Kyousogiga
- Pupa

Unsure:
- Ore no Nounia...
- KILL la KILL
- Megane-bu
- Gingitsune
- Miss Monochrome
- BlazBlue

A lot will probably depend on first few episodes, general reviews and my motivation to watch all that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2013 1:07 AM
Jul 2013
Yeah man, can't wait for this shit to finally come out!
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Sep 3, 2013 1:16 AM

Dec 2011
User-namae said:
I actually think the new season looks pretty lame. A whole lot of romance shows, and romance is not my favorite genre. While all the shows I am looking foward to I am really looking forward to, there isn't enough as previous seasons that has gotten me excited.

You've got to be kidding me -_- There is like 2 or 3 romance anime that I'm aware of. Not enough -_-
Sep 3, 2013 1:29 AM

Apr 2013
Kuroko no Basket 2!!! Meganebu!!!! and Yowamushi Pedal!!!!

Sep 3, 2013 1:34 AM

Jan 2012
Hiryu12 said:

Can't wait to see kuroko no basket season 2
but then it's gonna end and I'll have to wait again for season 3 :(
Sep 3, 2013 1:39 AM

Apr 2013
There are 8 shows I'll be watching and I'll end up checking out most of the others as well except the sequels (only seen Magi and planning to watch Kakumeiki Valvrave before then) so that's already better than summer for me.
plus the Gargantia OVA.
Sep 3, 2013 1:44 AM

Dec 2011
There needs to be more Slice of Life and Romances -_- There were hardly any of real quality to me this season, and it doesn't look like many will air in Fall 2013

:'(
Sep 3, 2013 1:51 AM

Apr 2013
SoL genre doesnt seem to be popular and thats why they are........more rare than others.
@Jalasupi : You're talking about Freezing like "ecchi" is the only thing worth for watching......
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 3, 2013 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
Robin6128 said:
There needs to be more Slice of Life and Romances -_- There were hardly any of real quality to me this season, and it doesn't look like many will air in Fall 2013

we have too many of SoL this summer ...
Sep 3, 2013 2:02 AM

Dec 2011
dennisixa said:
Robin6128 said:

I'm watching 4 at the moment. Kiniro Mosaic//Tamayura More Aggressive aren't that great to me though, so only two that interests me. Unless there are some that I haven't heard of, 4 isn't "too many" to me
Sep 3, 2013 2:05 AM

Jul 2012
Yes, it is.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 3, 2013 2:08 AM

Aug 2013
gin no saji , sevant x service, tamayura, kiniro mosaic, genshinken nidaime, kimi no iru machi
Sep 3, 2013 2:09 AM

Dec 2011
Unchou said:
Yes, it is.

If anything, there are too many comedy//school anime this season
Sep 3, 2013 2:12 AM

Dec 2011
dennisixa said:
gin no saji , sevant x service, tamayura, kiniro mosaic, genshinken nidaime, kimi no iru machi

I can't watch Kimi no Iru Machi yet, because I haven't seen the OVA. Genshiken Nidaime is... err... I plan to watch it.
Sep 3, 2013 2:13 AM

Apr 2013
renders said:
Hiryu12 said:

Let's hope a season 3 does get commissioned... xD

Sep 3, 2013 2:14 AM

Apr 2013
Robin6128 said:
dennisixa said:
Robin6128 said:

I'm watching 4 at the moment. Kiniro Mosaic//Tamayura More Aggressive aren't that great to me though, so only two that interests me. Unless there are some that I haven't heard of, 4 isn't "too many" to me
Free! is SoL as well.

Sep 3, 2013 2:16 AM

Aug 2013
Hiryu12 said:
renders said:
Hiryu12 said:

Let's hope a season 3 does get commissioned... xD
do you think we have a 50 episodes season 2...isit enough material to make a 50 episode season2 ..i dont wanna wait 1 more year for a season 3
Sep 3, 2013 2:16 AM

Dec 2011
Hiryu12 said:
Free! is SoL as well.

I sure as hell don't count Free! as a SoL. MAL does, but I don't consider it to be SoL.
Sep 3, 2013 2:18 AM

Aug 2013
Robin6128 said:
Hiryu12 said:
Free! is SoL as well.

I sure as hell don't count Free! as a SoL. MAL does, but I don't consider it to be SoL.
is it a yaoi ???
Sep 3, 2013 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
dennisixa said:
Robin6128 said:
Hiryu12 said:
Free! is SoL as well.

is it a yaoi ???

No, just full of BL moments for fujoshi to get hyped on tumblr.

Robin6128 said:
Unchou said:
Yes, it is.

If anything, there are too many comedy//school anime this season

Yes, unlike the last 3 seasons or so though, there's quality and original series as well. Only memorable anime from the last 3 seasons is AoT pretty much. Probably Watamote too, but comedy is easily forgotten and nothing really outstanding happens in it either.

There's still Kara No Kyoukai in there. Gives 10k points extra to the season even if the BD is being released in 4 months or so after its @cinemas. And -Madoka-.

Also Hajime No Ippo. Also Kill la Kill. Also that Pokemon: Origins thingy by Production I.G. And the list can go on.
UnchouSep 3, 2013 2:32 AM
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 3, 2013 2:35 AM

Apr 2013
Robin6128 said:
Hiryu12 said:
Free! is SoL as well.

Why? There are no supernatural elements present there. Plus the setting is pretty realistic.

@dennisixa: Yaoi? Someone needs to learn their genres properly...

Sep 3, 2013 2:36 AM

Dec 2011
Hiryu12 said:
Robin6128 said:
Hiryu12 said:
Free! is SoL as well.

Why? There are no supernatural elements present there. Plus the setting is pretty realistic.

You say someone needs to learn their genres properly... Complete hypocrite you are.
Slice of Life doesn't mean that there is no supernatural elements...
Sep 3, 2013 2:43 AM

Apr 2013
Robin6128 said:
Hiryu12 said:
Robin6128 said:
Hiryu12 said:
Free! is SoL as well.

You say someone needs to learn their genres properly... Complete hypocrite you are.
Slice of Life doesn't mean that there is no supernatural elements...
No I just pointed out that Free is more of SoL since it doesn't have supernatural elements which makes it more SoL. I have seen Clannad and frankly I almost dont consider that SoL due to Fuko's arc. Since people here don't consider Free! as SoL. Like yourself.
Hiryu12Sep 3, 2013 2:53 AM

Sep 3, 2013 2:46 AM

Dec 2011
There are lots of SoL series that have supernatural elements in them though. Clannad is a fairly weak example anyway. Try Natsuiro Kiseki - pure slice of life, with supernatural stuff as a key element to just about every episode.

How supernatural something is has nothing whatsoever to do with how much of a SoL something is.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 3, 2013 2:46 AM

Dec 2011
Having no supernatural elements does not mean it is a slice of life, nor does it make it any closer to one. Considering it's focus is towards the SPORT genre, and NOT the characters day to day life, I find it anything BUT a SoL
Sep 3, 2013 2:50 AM

Apr 2013
Have you seen Free!? because almost 2/3 of the show that aired focused on their lives. There are actually a lot of people complaining that there is not enough swimming parts.

I just prefer SoL if it didn't have supernatural elements.

Sep 3, 2013 2:53 AM

Dec 2011
Hiryu12 said:
Have you seen Free!? because almost 2/3 of the show that aired focused on their lives. There are actually a lot of people complaining that there is not enough swimming parts.

I just prefer SoL if it didn't have supernatural elements.

I wouldn't make a statement like that if I was uninformed. 2/3rd's of the show? Exaggerated too much. Perhaps 1/6th of the show, where most SoL anime have 100% focus on the protagonists lives.
Sep 3, 2013 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
Well maybe episodes 7 and 8 focused heavily on the swimming part but the first ones sure didn't much. For a 12 episode anime they have to expand the character's growth fast and if it was just too much swimming it would be boring so I think my assumption about Free! focusing about the protag's lives is in the greater extent so far in the series. Rei's recruitment, Haru's confusion, Makoto's ocean fear, Rin's feelings. Yep pretty much more SoL than sports so far...

Sep 3, 2013 3:04 AM

Dec 2011
Hiryu12 said:
Well maybe episodes 7 and 8 focused heavily on the swimming part but the first ones sure didn't much. For a 12 episode anime they have to expand the character's growth fast and if it was just too much swimming it would be boring so I think my assumption about Free! focusing about the protag's lives is in the greater extent so far in the series. Rei's recruitment, Haru's confusion, Makoto's ocean fear, Rin's feelings. Yep pretty much more SoL than sports so far...

If you think that, then go ahead and think that -_- I've seen enough people recently who don't understand the SoL genre anyway...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 30 minutes ago

10 by JessicaKari »»
20 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

76 by Kenzolo-folk »»
4 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 4 minutes ago

0 by EastIndiaCompany »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

12 by IpreferEcchi »»
9 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - 1 hour ago

6 by Catalano »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.