Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever stopped watching an anime for no good reason?

New
Sep 1, 2013 6:13 PM

Aug 2013
Whenever I drop an anime it's usually for a good reason examples One Piece is a great shonen anime but for me it's too long so I stopped watching it, Valvrave the Liberator to me came across as a generic mecha anime so I dropped it, I dropped SAO because I didn't like the direction it was taking in the 2nd season. However Deadman Wonderland is the only anime that I dropped for no good reason. I was really interested in it and liked it when it now came out in 2011 and I would watch a new episode every week but for some reason I just stopped watching it , can't remember what episode I stopped at and don't really have an interest in continuing it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 1, 2013 6:15 PM

Jul 2008
I have ended up stopping watch many a show because something else came up while watching it, and then I forget to go back to it.

I'm sorry Monster and Legend of Galactic Heroes! You're fucking awesome but you're so hard to get back into after long absences! I love yooooooooou!

Apr 2013
If laziness doesn't count as a good reason, then yes, a lot

Jul 2013
Does being bored by Another count as a good reason?
Pikachu wants some
Sep 1, 2013 6:17 PM

Jun 2012
I dropped Code Geass for basically no reason, I didn't like the character design or how Lelouch acted...that was it, and no I don't want to pick it up. Leave your flame war for someone who cares.

Also Girls Bravo because I couldn't tolerate it anymore.
Sep 1, 2013 6:17 PM

Sep 2012
I stopped watching Busou Renkin and don't even know why.
Sep 1, 2013 6:18 PM

Mar 2012
Maybe I'm bored or not interest enough I don't know but I still drop Hyouka.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 1, 2013 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
I actually have no idea why I dropped Mirai Nikki, I only watched the first episode and Yuno Gasai wasn't even going insane in that episode.
Sep 1, 2013 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Whenever I drop an anime it's usually for a good reason examples One Piece is a great shonen anime but for me it's too long so I stopped watching it,
That's a good reason to not start an anime, not to stop in the middle.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 1, 2013 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
I usually never drop anime and the only ones that I have dropped are Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi and Yosuga no Sora. I would say I had a good enough reason for droppong both. I had NO IDEA that Yosuga no Sora would have brotherrXsister like that and the website I watched it at failed to say how it was ecchi. I regret not cheking on MAL first. I dropped Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi because I know it would be that borin , unorigonal, already seen plot; I also didn't like the moe looking girls.
Sep 1, 2013 6:21 PM

Jan 2011
Gintama Enchousen, theres like only 8 eps left for me to watch but i dont feel like it
Sep 1, 2013 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
Introverturtled said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Whenever I drop an anime it's usually for a good reason examples One Piece is a great shonen anime but for me it's too long so I stopped watching it,
I didn't stop in the middle but early on I think it was when Luffy met Usopp.
Sep 1, 2013 6:25 PM

Apr 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
I dropped Code Geass for basically no reason, I didn't like the character design or how Lelouch acted...that was it, and no I don't want to pick it up. Leave your flame war for someone who cares.

Also Girls Bravo because I couldn't tolerate it anymore.
I agree with bold, but I still managed to ignore these problems and ended it up being kinda good,
Sep 1, 2013 6:27 PM

Dec 2007
Gosick. Dropped at 10 episodes. It wasn't even bad.

edit: and whistle! dropped at 21 episodes. I really liked it for a while but then I just didn't feel like watching it.

Apr 2012
I normally can't drop anything cause I'm a completionist unless the show has a Sasuke or a Shinn or a Prussia in it (aka a character I hate so much their very presence makes me unable to continue) but I dropped Kyou Kara Maou! for no reason whatsoever I don't even particularity hate shounen-ai or anything :/

Jun 2011
Introverturtled said:
DrGeroCreation said:

exactly...if one piece is a great shounen then wouldnt more episodes be better? i didnt stop watching bleach because it was too long, i stopped cos it got shitter
Sep 1, 2013 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
Earwen said:
I sugess you pick it again bro. It the type of series that progresively get better.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 1, 2013 6:30 PM

Jul 2011
Unless falling sleep during an episode or just be absurdly bored is a bad reason, no.
Sep 1, 2013 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
Pocketasces said:
Introverturtled said:
DrGeroCreation said:

exactly...if one piece is a great shounen then wouldnt more episodes be better? i didnt stop watching bleach because it was too long, i stopped cos it got shitter
Yeah but it would take up too much of my time. Bleach and Naruto are easier to manage for me because they have a lot less episodes
Sep 1, 2013 6:34 PM

Dec 2007
NeoAnkara said:
Earwen said:
I sugess you pick it again bro. It the type of series that progresively get better.

I might do that.Right now I just don't feel like watching Gosick. But most stuff on my dropped list gets a second chance.
Sep 1, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
It's still in the middle of watching and like I said, isn't that something you think about before starting.

DrGeroCreation said:
Yeah but it would take up too much of my time. Bleach and Naruto are easier to manage for me because they have a lot less episodes
Naruto has like 60 episodes less than One Piece and Bleach is half filler.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 1, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
sao....cannot tolerate the second half of the series seriously awful
Sep 1, 2013 6:43 PM

Dec 2012
Introverturtled said:
DrGeroCreation said:
It's still in the middle of watching and like I said, isn't that something you think about before starting.

DrGeroCreation said:

If you subtract all the fillers away from Naruto (including every episode past episode 135 I believe it was, when Naruto left the village to train with Jiraya) and from Shippuuden, then that'd widen the gap even more.

As for Bleach, nobody watches the fillers anyway.
Sep 1, 2013 6:48 PM

Aug 2013
Introverturtled said:
DrGeroCreation said:

DrGeroCreation said:
When I first started watching One Piece I didn't realize it had so many episodes. I am up to date with both Bleach and Naruto so it's easy to continue them but if I start back One Piece it would take me really long to catch up. Also I have heard One Piece doesn't have a lot of fillers even though it's so long so I wouldn't be able to skip a lot of episodes to catch up.
IntervisioN said:
Well that's not true I loved the Bleach fillers except for Bount arc.
DrGeroCreationSep 1, 2013 6:51 PM
Sep 1, 2013 6:48 PM

Aug 2013
IntervisioN said:
Introverturtled said:
DrGeroCreation said:

DrGeroCreation said:

If you subtract all the fillers away from Naruto (including every episode past episode 135 I believe it was, when Naruto left the village to train with Jiraya) and from Shippuuden, then that'd widen the gap even more.

Yes it would but I'm talking about with fillers as most people do watch them. And a 60 episode gap isn't "a lot less".
Sep 1, 2013 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
I wouldn't have dropped Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Ranger if the entire series was available with English subs. Also, I couldn't get back in after a long absence.
Sep 1, 2013 6:50 PM

Jul 2012
I have my reasons.

Earwen said:
NeoAnkara said:
Earwen said:

I might do that.Right now I just don't feel like watching Gosick. But most stuff on my dropped list gets a second chance.

I actually thought it got worse.
Sep 1, 2013 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
I have my reasons.

Earwen said:
NeoAnkara said:
Earwen said:

Really?
Sep 1, 2013 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
Introverturtled said:
IntervisioN said:
Introverturtled said:
DrGeroCreation said:

DrGeroCreation said:

Yes it would but I'm talking about with fillers as most people do watch them. And a 60 episode gap isn't "a lot less".
Most people I know skip the fillers including me. There is really no point in watching all the fillers before Shippuden.
Sep 1, 2013 6:54 PM

Jul 2012
NeoAnkara said:
mayukachan said:
I have my reasons.

Earwen said:
NeoAnkara said:
Earwen said:

Really?

Yeah. I liked the mysteries in the beginning much more.
Sep 1, 2013 6:56 PM

Mar 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Introverturtled said:
IntervisioN said:
Introverturtled said:
DrGeroCreation said:

DrGeroCreation said:

Most people I know skip the fillers including me. There is really no point in watching all the fillers before Shippuden.
I watch Naruto non-Shippuden filler. It give more characterization to a left over character.
Sep 1, 2013 6:57 PM

Apr 2013
mayukachan said:
NeoAnkara said:
mayukachan said:
I have my reasons.

Earwen said:
NeoAnkara said:
Earwen said:

Really?

Yeah. I liked the mysteries in the beginning much more.
Agreed.
Sep 1, 2013 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
Did you watch all of them?
Sep 1, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2013
Does getting annoyed at DearS count as a good reason?

Mar 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Yes all of it. Where else I can watch awesome momment for Hinata?

May 2013
Even though Naruto has a buttload more filler than One Piece, i find One Piece drags out each episode more with unnecessary beginning of ep recaps, camera panning and repeat of scenes (like say luffy charging at someone but you see it from 24398502 angles).
Sep 1, 2013 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
NeoAnkara said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Wow you are one dedicated fan. I watched a few of the fillers like the one about unmasking Kakashi and the one about the star village but that was it. Over 80 episodes of fillers is too much for me.
Sep 1, 2013 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
NeoAnkara said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Wow you are one dedicated fan. I watched a few of the fillers like the one about unmasking Kakashi and the one about the star village but that was it. Over 80 episodes of fillers is too much for me.
And one other thing is because in my country when Naruto is still mainstream at that time they stream at least two episode per day everyday.

Sep 2012
Dropped Tasogare Otome x Amnesia because of the fanservice.
May 2013
Zetsuen no Tempest. My reason you ask? One of the MC had an earring on and it slightly bothered me(no that wasn't the first time I've seen a character with jewelry/earrings on so I have no fucking idea why this bother me the way it did) Anyway I do plan on completing this show sometime in the future. Hopefully by then I gotten over my fear of semi-attractive MC wearing earrings.
Sep 1, 2013 7:10 PM

Mar 2012
Jauregui said:
Dropped it on the first episode too.
Sep 1, 2013 7:12 PM
Aug 2013
yup
Jauregui said:

like this for a example, but I didn't have this issue when I first watch this. I dropped it because it is a horror comedy why in the heck it has that on there?

And. Other example is Eureka 7. Because I don't like wimp main characters, and the dub is abysmal.
Sep 1, 2013 7:15 PM

Aug 2013
NeoAnkara said:
DrGeroCreation said:
NeoAnkara said:
DrGeroCreation said:
And one other thing is because in my country when Naruto is still mainstream at that time they stream at least two episode per day everyday.
Well yeah I guess that would make it easier to watch.
Sep 1, 2013 7:15 PM
May 2013
GoldenthunderBRS said:

And. Other example is Eureka 7. Because I don't like wimp main characters, and the dub is abysmal.
Eureka 7 had a great dub what are you on about?
Sep 1, 2013 7:16 PM
Aug 2013
BlindSamurai said:
GoldenthunderBRS said:

Eureka 7 had a great dub what are you on about?

Not really to me. Because I can't really stand Ringo's voice that I have to drop the show. That's the one of the reason I don't like the show.
Sep 1, 2013 7:29 PM
Sep 2013
I dropped Highschool of the Dead for no real reason. Well, it might have been because I was too lazy to actually finish it >_>
Sep 1, 2013 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
When I first started watching One Piece I didn't realize it had so many episodes. I am up to date with both Bleach and Naruto so it's easy to continue them but if I start back One Piece it would take me really long to catch up. Also I have heard One Piece doesn't have a lot of fillers even though it's so long so I wouldn't be able to skip a lot of episodes to catch up.
Maybe something you should have checked. You worded that weirdly, you made it sound like it was

"Yeah but it would take up too much of my time. Bleach and Naruto are easier to manage for me because they have a lot less episodes"

You saying a lot less episodes makes it sound like you are talking about their total episodes. It doesn't really make sense if you were already caught up to them. And you've already finished Bleach how is it now easier to continue? And you're caught up with Naruto too. You had to catch up at one time, you didn't start there.
So you watch anime just to catch up? The fun is in the journey, you don't have to speed through. You would miss the nice fillers that One Piece actually has.

DrGeroCreation said:
Most people I know watch the whole anime. There is a point, for enjoyment, to see the side characters get more screen time, to actually be able to say you watched the whole show, etc. The only really bad filler is in Shippuden.

FullmetalFanatic said:
Introverturtled said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Well, you don't have to finish an anime to enjoy it. If tomorrow I decided to start Detective Conan but didn't care to stick with it, what's wrong with that? Why shouldn't I bother watching it at all if I will enjoy the bit that I've seen?
When did I ever say you did have to watch all of it. Who said anything was wrong with that? This is a totally different situation. He's saying that he dropped it because it had too many episodes while I'm saying that it's better to have looked at before. Do you disagree with that?
Sep 1, 2013 8:09 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Jauregui said:
Dropped it on the first episode too.

I regret watching that anime, as well as all the specials/OVAs.
Sep 1, 2013 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
@Introverturtled I might start back One Piece after it has been completed (both manga and anime). I'm too busy now to devote a lot of time watching it.
Sep 1, 2013 10:15 PM

Mar 2012
There's numerous sports anime that I've given up on simply because I don't care for sports... a lot of the sports animes don't even make it to the dropped list... they just disappear. Although I have found a few exceptions :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 3 minutes ago

2 by Otakupervert890 »»
46 seconds ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

39 by ryzxgum »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

161 by Otakupervert890 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 10 hours ago

38 by InsomniacBastard »»
18 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

75 by Vaturna »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.