Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Amazing episode. Really sad that the three protecting Eren died, especially Petra. Titan vs Titan battle was intense as hell. That female titan is strong and really smart. Mikasa at the end was a boss and now her and Levi are going after it. Cannot wait for next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 31, 2013 9:07 PM

Jul 2009
Damn, that was hard to watch.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 31, 2013 9:15 PM

May 2011
i can't express my feeling towards this episode,, i didn't expect that all the squad member to get killed well, i read the manga a long time ago so i completely forgot what is gonna happen, that female bitch i want her to die a bad one.. everything was better than what i expected and Mikasa in the end made my day,,
Aug 31, 2013 9:17 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was so sad ;A; Still can't believe that the squad was wiped out! (Poor Petra.)

I want to see that female titan get beaten up so bad! >:L
Aug 31, 2013 9:19 PM
Jun 2013
Oh god. I hate how everybody got killed. What hurt the most though was how Levi looked at Petra's dead body for just a few seconds longer than the rest of the squad. Even though my OTP is Levi x Eren, that really hurt, right in the feels.
Aug 31, 2013 9:25 PM

Nov 2012
SharifEbeefE said:
WOOOOH! Best episode yet no doubt.

When are we going to find out who the female titan is??!

Deduction-wise, it's rather clear to many who would that be.

But no matter, 'coz they will reveal it out soon. VERY SOON.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Aug 31, 2013 9:27 PM

Jan 2010
RIP Levi squad you guys were great ;-;
Kill the bitch dammit! this episode was just so good! i kept screaming at my computer screen lol
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Aug 31, 2013 9:29 PM

Mar 2013
shurryy said:

This series is trying to tell me that experience means jack-shit compared to miraculous talent and a handful combat experience?

1) The Battle of Trost was just a bit more than "a handful".

2) There are Formula 1 drivers who have spent years in the sport and finished hundreds of races. Most of them have never won a world championship and some of them have never even won a race. Lewis Hamilton finished runner up by 1 point in his first ever F1 season, ahead of his much more experienced team mate, two time world champion Fernando Alonso.

This is a thing that actually happens in real life; it's not that much of a stretch. Experience is not the be all and end all. I could find examples from pretty much any sport.

MikasaxEren said:
sasukefan38 said:
Attack on Titan's invaluable shonen life lesson: Don't believe in your friends; they aren't good enough. Don't believe in yourself; you're not good enough either. hahaha

You can only rely on your yandere.

Valuable life lesson there. The only things you can always count on in life are death, taxes, and your yandere girlfriend.

Calumz said:

he was beating her ass until he was stunned

Not really... she wasn't fighting back because her arms were still fucked up, but he was barely landing any hits. As proven by her OHKO at the end, she was pretty much in control the whole time.

Zealot said:
SharifEbeefE said:
WOOOOH! Best episode yet no doubt.

When are we going to find out who the female titan is??!

Probably when you give it 5 seconds of thought. How many blonde blue eyed female characters are there?

Oh my god, Krista is the female titan.

Soul_Master said:
Rip squad, specially Petra. Levi´s face when he saw her smashed my heart.
Great action, and better pacing. Is it confirmed whether the anime will end with the Female Arc or not?

Unconfirmed, but given number of episodes remaining, general consensus is that it will end on chapter 34. Perfect place really; wraps up the female titan arc nicely and ends on a cliffhanger so steep the Halo 2 marketing team would be jealous.

Santoryu_XBurner said:
Amazing episode. Really sad that the three protecting Eren died ...

The three? no love for Gunther? He was there too...
Aug 31, 2013 9:30 PM

May 2013
Damm! you know an episode is great when it gives you chills. They kill off characters that I like too easy but that makes it have more of an impact. ;_; F titan was just out of Eren's league.
Aug 31, 2013 9:30 PM
Feb 2009
HOLY FUCKING TIT
Aug 31, 2013 9:33 PM

May 2009
Finally a great episode!
Aug 31, 2013 9:36 PM

Jul 2013
Blaz said:
Finally a great episode!
Oh you, I bet you're gonna say that again and again for the coming episodes, especially episode 25 :P

Aug 31, 2013 9:37 PM
Jan 2009
during the fight between the two titans, did the female titan feel guilty about something such as killing levis squad bc the way she looked at titan eren seems to me like its guilt / sadness but im not sure about what. or maybe im looking to into this lols. i read the manga but forgot the details.
Aug 31, 2013 9:37 PM

Jun 2007
Had to sign-in to comment on this. HAD TO! If anyone here has been with anime long enough to have watched it when it aired all those years ago (long before Shippuuden came to be), I'm sure they'd agree: this episode is equivalent to ep 133 of Naruto. After SO MUCH talking and SO LITTLE action, Naruto and Sasuke went at it for an entire episode, with animation so unusually fluid it was engraved into my brain.

I know why the titan fight was so exciting, btw--was able to put my finger on it when watching it in animated form: TITANS DON'T TALK! For budget and/or time wasting reasons, it's normal in anime for a few blows to be exchanged before stopping for a chit-chat. And though there was some internal monologuing breaking up the battle of the titans (can't remember if it was the same dealio in the manga), when the punches started getting exchanged... GAWD!

The only manga, panel-to-panel, non-stop action fight (with competitive fighting style/brawling) I've ever seen similar to the Eren vs. FT sequence was a fight near the start of Eden: Endless World. NEED MORE!

Only complaints with this ep:

#1: 3-min recaps again. Tbh though, I'm willing to forgive considering the FT recap got me pumped for the events that followed... JUST THIS ONCE!
#2: Even in the manga, the decapitation 'slice' made little sense 'cause it wasn't shown. Was it hand or foot (had to be foot for range, I guess...); WHY DON'T YOU SHOW!?

Definitely one of the greatest anime episodes ever aired. It won't be the titan reveal, Eren's death, Mikasa's realisation, Eren's boulder or the earlier FT rampage people will remember: it'll be this all-in-one epic that gave action fans what they were craving, as well as killing off non-background characters. EPIC!
Aug 31, 2013 9:40 PM
Feb 2011
WIT studio in charges of stepping the game up. Fuck, that was good. Japan sure knows how to animate whatever they want godly when they fucking want to.
Aug 31, 2013 9:42 PM

Aug 2010
OMG WHY. THAT FEMALE TITAN WTF.
Levi's squad omg :c
Mikasa.. :c
Aug 31, 2013 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
Dang Mikasa so pissed, she's not going to let the FT take away her man
Aug 31, 2013 9:50 PM

Mar 2011
That episode was fucking intense... I can only assume the body count will sky rocket from this point on with such an ingenious foe mankind is up against.
Aug 31, 2013 9:56 PM

May 2009
This episode was fuckin' amazing!!!!!!!!!

Aug 31, 2013 9:57 PM

Mar 2012
AironicallyHuman said:

#2: Even in the manga, the decapitation 'slice' made little sense 'cause it wasn't shown. Was it hand or foot (had to be foot for range, I guess...); WHY DON'T YOU SHOW!?

For Gunther, I believe it's actually the metal blade that's part of the standard Survey Corps uniform. If it was a strike using the body, then it's possible that his head wasn't decapitated, but that the neck was snapped by force from a well-placed strike.

For Eren, it's a simple matter of the FT strength super-boost. I need to re-watch for sure, but it may be possible that the FT simply used that hardening skill of hers.
Aug 31, 2013 9:59 PM
Jul 2008
Anyone have a pic of the end card?
Aug 31, 2013 9:59 PM

Jul 2010
INTENSE episode!!
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Aug 31, 2013 10:04 PM

Dec 2012
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! DA FUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKIN AWESOME!! TITAN vs. TITAN!

Aug 31, 2013 10:09 PM

Apr 2013
I was anticipating that Eren would win, but it seems like the female titan outclasses him by many levels however. Also, the fight this episode definitely shows some semblance to a certain scene during the first few episodes xD. Eren sure dies a lot.
Aug 31, 2013 10:10 PM

Jun 2007
A few points I neglected to mention:

1: More so in the manga than the anime, if memory serves, the titan fight came across like a battle between a physically superior male and technically gifted woman... which, titan forms aside, is what the fight was. Eren used his pure power to press the FT back; the FT countered as he wasted his energy. Always found that male/female aspect of the fight interesting.

2: It wasn't Petra's death that got to me; it was the old 'horse 'n tongue' fella. It must be terrible to be the last one left standing, and yet he still tried to finish it. A MAN'S MAN! His logic when being chased by the FT earlier also endeared him to me--when he wanted to attack, rather than run, after seeing how deadly of a threat the FT posed.

sleath56 said:
AironicallyHuman said:
For Eren, it's a simple matter of the FT strength super-boost. I need to re-watch for sure, but it may be possible that the FT simply used that hardening skill of hers.

I know what she did (I had a lot of time to think after reading the manga AGES ago): she hardened her skin and did a slicing motion with her foot... somehow catching Eren off-guard as he just stood there. But since the kick itself was never shown and only the end result, it was very much 'WTF!?'--even more so in the manga. I'd hoped they'd fix it in the anime by showing the actual kick as it sliced... but no.

...They showed Van Damme do his kicks as he knocked down trees in Kickboxer. WHY NOT HERE!?
Aug 31, 2013 10:12 PM

May 2013
O-Oh My...This was so intense. Petra </3. I love it every time Eren transforms. Looks like he figured out who it was
I like that foreshadowing and I'm an anime-only watcher o.o. FT is OP though with hardening skin. She needs to be nerf'd. At least she has style. Love/Hate relationship with her. Eren is eaten again ._. Mikasa and Levi better kick her ass.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 31, 2013 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
DAUUM. This episode got me feelings tons O.O Has got to be the most suspense episode yet! Can't wait for the next ep x.x So far away though, it feels like *.*

But on a note, Mikasa and Levi team up?!?! Can't wait for that either!!

And can we note how awesome Mikasa was this ep? <3
Aug 31, 2013 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
Coldness said:
I was anticipating that Eren would win, but it seems like the female titan outclasses him by many levels however. Also, the fight this episode definitely shows some semblance to a certain scene during the first few episodes xD. Eren sure dies a lot.

*Om Nom Nom!*
Of course, that is obviously because He* is the ultimate Titan cuisine!
Aug 31, 2013 10:29 PM
Dec 2012
MIKASA IS ON RAGE!!!
Aug 31, 2013 10:32 PM
Oct 2012
Eren believed in his nakama, yet they're dead...
Eren believed in himself, yet he's defeated...

What other choice does he have?
Aug 31, 2013 10:35 PM
Oct 2012
that eren transformation (and every other eren transformation so far) really made my blood boil, they alway look so awesome
Aug 31, 2013 10:38 PM

May 2013
Best episode so far.

5/5 sure !
Aug 31, 2013 10:45 PM

Feb 2011
A pretty action packed episode. It was so sad when each of Levi's team members had to die in various ways. It felt more depressing when Levi had to go by each corpse. I can't wait for the Mikasa and Levi team action!
Aug 31, 2013 10:46 PM

Apr 2013
Coldness said:

And for that purpose I am deliciously satisfacted that you were wrong because you didnt think at all at the result and , it seems , you went fanboy thinking.
Ofcourse he dies alot he plays the role of the damsel in distress ever since the beginning .
When he was lazy , who was there to do the work for him?
Mikasa.
When he had problems who was there for him?
Mikasa mainly.
On the field who took care of him like a cargo full of gold?
Levi's division and , now , surpsingly MIKASA.

Please dont give me the bullshit with "he doesnt want to" because the intention doesnt matter ,its the act itself what matters and all he did , and it seems the author itself is showing that , he is the damsel in distress between all the characters.

Now , go ahead and give me that "but Eren did that and this" things I already know . I'll give him a bash everytime I see someone fanboying over him.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 31, 2013 10:48 PM

Mar 2013
XLNC said:

Believe in his yandere girlfriend and Levi :D
Aug 31, 2013 10:54 PM
Sep 2012
Finally the episode i was waiting for since the start of this series.
Was not disappointed.
Aug 31, 2013 10:54 PM

Nov 2011
Female Titan is BAWS as fwark! and total Waifu tier!
The Art of Eight
Aug 31, 2013 11:05 PM
Apr 2013
Seeing Mikasa in action gave me the chills , she's the best female main char evah ^^ , i hope in the future she'll have a titan form too.

The fight between the titans was good but eren lacked the fking brain like always...he's the typical protagonist you see in every action anime except the part he gets his ass saved like always..its like he begs for another power-up.
Aug 31, 2013 11:08 PM
Aug 2013
Was watching the episode when suddenly my computer overheats (and makes a screeching noise) when Eren turned into a titan. Was so mad and shat my pants at the same time D:

Loved this episode.
Aug 31, 2013 11:11 PM
Jul 2013
Crap...intense episode...RIP Petra and Special Ops Squad
Aug 31, 2013 11:13 PM
Jul 2013
XLNC said:

believing in both :P. Two powers combined would've done it
Aug 31, 2013 11:13 PM

May 2012
09:28 kyonyuu kyojin, don't you dare kill my beloved Petrachan

12:20 dang it....

13:09 HENSHIN!

14:21 tekken kyojin BAASASU kyonyuu kyojin

16:31 bang her, Eren!

Best ep so far.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 31, 2013 11:15 PM

Jun 2013
BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!!!

(and now the worst thing is that i've to wait for 1 more week before a new ep comes out......... UGH THAT SUSPENSE)
Aug 31, 2013 11:16 PM

Jun 2011
Now, i have no regret for pre-ordering all the BD volumes.
Amazing episode.. the way she killed Levi's squad was Brutal!!
Oluo is the only human who actually hit the FT neck..
but damn that ability to hardened her skin is too much!
when Levi saw his squad Corpses.. FUCK!! that's messed up!
also anyone notice when eren was fighting the FT.. it looked like she didn't want to fight at first(?)
then she raped his face LOL..
5/5
Aug 31, 2013 11:17 PM

Aug 2012
XLNC said:

Believe in the heart of the cards! JK. Believe in Levi and Mikasa I guess.
Aug 31, 2013 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
AironicallyHuman said:
Had to sign-in to comment on this. HAD TO! If anyone here has been with anime long enough to have watched it when it aired all those years ago (long before Shippuuden came to be), I'm sure they'd agree: this episode is equivalent to ep 133 of Naruto. After SO MUCH talking and SO LITTLE action, Naruto and Sasuke went at it for an entire episode, with animation so unusually fluid it was engraved into my brain.

I know why the titan fight was so exciting, btw--was able to put my finger on it when watching it in animated form: TITANS DON'T TALK! For budget and/or time wasting reasons, it's normal in anime for a few blows to be exchanged before stopping for a chit-chat. And though there was some internal monologuing breaking up the battle of the titans (can't remember if it was the same dealio in the manga), when the punches started getting exchanged... GAWD!

The only manga, panel-to-panel, non-stop action fight (with competitive fighting style/brawling) I've ever seen similar to the Eren vs. FT sequence was a fight near the start of Eden: Endless World. NEED MORE!

MMA. That's the word your looking for to describe the awesome. Some call it Cage Fighting, No holds barred or egregiously, Ultimate Fighting (UFC is a Championship promotion, not the actual name of the sport itself). Go watch those if you want MMA action.

Or maybe I'll suggest some mangas that have MMA instead. Try All Rounder Meguru- Made by the same author that made Eden: Endless World, Endo Hiroki. Summing it up, its about an amateur MMA fighter's life. Also try Teppuu. Like All Rounder Meguru, but with girls.

The series was already good on its own, but when it integrated MMA into its fights, I just knew this was the series for me.

This won't be the last UFC: Titans fight too if that's what your thinking. It really takes it up to eleven in the second season. There's still an inevitable second clash in the first season of course (if you pay attention to the opening).

AironicallyHuman said:

Only complaints with this ep:

#1: 3-min recaps again. Tbh though, I'm willing to forgive considering the FT recap got me pumped for the events that followed... JUST THIS ONCE!

I'll address your complaints.
#1: Recaps, this is a pet peeve of the series. You are not alone.

#2: By showing what actually happened, its going to make it WAY too obvious who the FT is (if it wasn't obvious enough). It's elabourated on after the events during the... (manga spoilers, begone anime only watchers!)

Don't worry people, all will be revealed. Just wait.

AironicallyHuman said:

Definitely one of the greatest anime episodes ever aired. It won't be the titan reveal, Eren's death, Mikasa's realisation, Eren's boulder or the earlier FT rampage people will remember: it'll be this all-in-one epic that gave action fans what they were craving, as well as killing off non-background characters. EPIC!

Oh there will be more moments to come. Wait on the last episode. If it is what I think it is, then THAT will topple this.
HalfMetalPriestAug 31, 2013 11:23 PM
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 31, 2013 11:20 PM
Mar 2011
This chapter really had me shaking on my seat! All of it! Just when I wasn't expecting the type of emotions I felt at the beginning of it ... Out of excitement I was just like this ...

The titans' fight was also awesome, but I felt a bit desperate with Eren's low level. I expected him doing her some more damage, but hell! She's a freaking bitch! I've really come to hate her! Lots more after those deads! Yeah, RIP to them all.

One hell of a chapter this was! Loved it.
blindfanaticAug 31, 2013 11:43 PM
Aug 31, 2013 11:35 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Noooo, Petra ;_; it's so horrible.

I was pretty invested in this episode, I was basically thinking KILL THIS BITCH the whole time after Levi squad got stomped on. I was rooting for Eren but Erwin did say he was an amateur so I couldn't really expect him to win.

Levi and Mikasa next? Anything could happen with this titan, I'm looking forward to it.
Aug 31, 2013 11:39 PM

Aug 2010
Damn this episode was godly tier. The action was done really well. Was at the edge of my seat most this episode. That female titan is too damn strong.

Looks like the moment I've been waiting for has come. Humanities strongest soldier Levi and Mikasa will team up to take that bitch down.

10/5 for this episode.
Aug 31, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2012
Finally! I have been waiting for this for quite some time now.. Titan vs titan, though Eren is clearly outmatched even for a bit exhausted F.titan..

also Levi and Mikasa joining forces togetheres looks like they're siblings.. also RIP Petra
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

41 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.