Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 1, 2013 6:39 AM

May 2009
I could tell from the moment Luna saw her older sister and then Akari that we were dealing with the shape-shifting boy again. 'Akari' was acting way to assertive from what I'm used of her. The real Akari doesn't (yet) know that Luna is in love with her, so I thought her responding to those feelings very suspicious.

So, we now have a Dameonia/Elemental tarot hybrid. I hope the other girls (read: Akari) are able to break her free from the spell without killing her.

Also, the triplets talked about Ginka 'disappearing', not 'dying'. I wonder if this is just their way of saying a person dies, or is there a hint of them being able top bring her back?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 8:17 AM

May 2012
Ciara said:

I don't think Luna is yuri for Akari. I suppose she's fixated with her because of her lost sister and the fact she was most probably ridiculed by everyone. And of course she's amazed with her "emotional senpai" because Akari's seemingly strong for stating her opinion and standing up to higher-ups, doing things her way.

If you want to delude yourself into thinking that was just 'Friendship' that Luna wanted, go ahead and try and deny the obvious truth >.>
The show's been giving hints for this for nearly the entire show. Luna wants something more than friendship most certainly. This episode just proved it, especially when that blue guy was using her own memories/feelings against her. he knew that she wanted Akari in that way, and knew that Akari saying they couldn't have 'that' kind of relationship would devastate her, and make her more susceptible to the card.

But, sure, go ahead and try and twist that into wanting to merely be 'friends'. The reason she was first attracted to Akari was undoubtedly due to her mysterious sister, but it grew into something more throughout.

Anyway, my hope is that because Luna is also a tarot user, that makes it so she can go back to normal. Part of the backlashes of the experimentation that guy is pulling off.
Sep 1, 2013 8:32 AM

May 2012
elior1 said:
what i don't understand in this episode is how it possible ginka dad remembered her.after she died he should forgot her like all the other peoples

I'ts obvious she didn't die. the triplets even said as much. They're trying to find her pretty much. By my guess, the person who had the counterpoint card didn't die either.
Sep 1, 2013 8:36 AM

Feb 2013
vampko said:
Anyway, my hope is that because Luna is also a tarot user, that makes it so she can go back to normal. Part of the backlashes of the experimentation that guy is pulling off.

One thing I hope the writer bears in mind is that now she's half Diabolo tarot but there's no reason why the evil side should override the naturally good Luna half at all times. If she's split 50/50, no one side should be dominant.

And I really really hope they find a way to purge the Diabolo Emperor out of her, as it seems there's new things being discovered about the cards now that they're directly and aggressively being used against eachother.
Sep 1, 2013 8:36 AM

Jan 2010
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou a.k.a Puella Magi Madoka Magica for retards.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 8:44 AM

May 2012
Parpy said:
vampko said:

One thing I hope the writer bears in mind is that now she's half Diabolo tarot but there's no reason why the evil side should override the naturally good Luna half at all times. If she's split 50/50, no one side should be dominant.

And I really really hope they find a way to purge the Diabolo Emperor out of her, as it seems there's new things being discovered about the cards now that they're directly and aggressively being used against eachother.

Yeah! There's still a plausibility that all these things that have been talked about will be the key to not leaving us with a 1 person cast!

Now to wonder how the writers are going to handle Luna's feelings...are they going to shove them to the side? Have Akari seriously consider them? Or have Akari shove them to the side?

You've brought some hope back to me! Fitting with who your avatar is xD
Sep 1, 2013 8:45 AM

Feb 2013
Tsukuyomi-Ryuku said:
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou a.k.a Puella Magi Madoka Magica for retards.

Insightful post, that. Good job.

Madoka's objectively better by miles, but it's quite possible to enjoy both without being a complete dimwit.

Show's strikingly similar in theme but still its own (albeit poorly paced and written) thing.
Sep 1, 2013 9:04 AM
Aug 2011
Mika_Inamori said:
parfaited said:
elior1 said:
what i don't understand in this episode is how it possible ginka dad remembered her.after she died he should forgot her like all the other peoples

I know I answered you but the other possibility is that he still remembers her because she didn't actually die?

I may be wrong but now i'm thinking way too much about this show, more than i'd like to.

from earlier episodes the magic girls told akari they erase people's memory of anything relating to the monsters that's why akari's guardian's don't remember akari's sister/ the first victim.

zzz

Well folks. It seems like this one doesn't know how to read.
Sep 1, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2009
The surprise of this season for me. I thought it'd be a generic magical girl show but I got some good madoka-vibes to go with it. It has some surprisingly dark moments and even canon yuri which was completely unexpected. I always have my goggles set pretty high so I felt something between Luna and Akari from the start, so I'm happy that it got comfirmed.

Still, shame that it'll probably end tragically. I'll wish for the impossible and hope for a kiss before she dies.
Check out my eurobeat guide. Who knows, you might find yourself a new favourite genre!
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=738669
Sep 1, 2013 9:52 AM
Feb 2013
What da…
Dunno what to think anymore.
Was thinking "okay, it's going yuri all the way" (and I wouldn't have complained at all), then "wtf, that's kinda rushed love", then "ah okay, seems legit now", yet Luna is forced to become a daemonia.
xikarraSep 1, 2013 9:56 AM
Sep 1, 2013 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
I always knew Luna was going to become a daemonia. Actually, when she was talking about protecting Akari even if she had to disappear, I was worried that she WASN'T going to get corrupted and go the fight-dark-Luna route instead.
Sep 1, 2013 11:49 AM

Jul 2012
I knew I find it strange for Akari to be in the Tsukuyomi Villa until I knew the backstabbing yuri act... ;_;

But oh god... I want to believe that this relationship is legit, but well... Fooled my head out.. (No puns, Mami fans~)

There are many ideas that can go on in the next episode...

And I may need to re-watch the cap about the "Reverse Empress"... Wha...

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Sep 1, 2013 12:05 PM

Jan 2011
yuri levels were pretty high during this ep even for mahou shoujo anime standards, cant say i cared much for Luna but she had the coolest design among the girls imo
Sep 1, 2013 12:31 PM

Jun 2013
luna had a sister wich is lost or something and she changed damn that's taugh
Sep 1, 2013 12:46 PM

Apr 2010
That the Akari that appeared before Luna was a fake was pointed out from the start first of we didn't see any scenes involving Siera from that moment on another hint was when Luna mentioned Seira crying Akari changed the topic at that point.
Her behaviour was also very suspicious she was being to affectionate towards Luna.
I knew Luna was going to be a part of the enemy at some point though i didn't think it would be against her will.
She was the weakest personality wise.

About her sister i can think of two possibilities she ran away or one of the family members made her disappear, judging from how the family reacted i think it's the last one.
Sep 1, 2013 3:36 PM

Aug 2012
Dat yuri.
Sep 1, 2013 3:46 PM

Dec 2012
Argh, such a tragic episode. And I don't mean what happened to Luna (although she is my favorite character of the series, I feel for her).

What's tragic is how one of the last remaining strong points of this series, the sisterly bond between Luna and Akari, was finally in full bloom this episode, only to turn out to be a lie. I was watching this whole episode thinking "wow it's great to see Akari and Luna getting along, they're so cute bonding together!"

Not to say I'm disappointed, I feel like this may turn out to be an interesting twist. I just hope it doesn't follow the cliche routine of Akari and Luna fighting, Akari reaffirming her friendship with Luna, Luna has an internal struggle with Daemonia, and then either sacrifices herself or escapes the clutches of the emperor card.
Sep 1, 2013 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
Predictable episode, but it was still alright. I knew Akari wasn't Akari... and Luna "going bad" has been brewing over the last few episodes. It's not like she fell to the dark-side though, more like forced.

Noticed: Luna is always wearing gloves.
Sep 2, 2013 2:48 AM

Sep 2009
Poor Luna. Oh well, I've already sense that something is going to happen to her since before.. And it was very obvious that it's not Akari but there was part that it really made me believe that it was Akari :D

And LOL , I can feel yuri in this episode XD
Especially the bed scene :P
Sep 2, 2013 3:13 AM

Sep 2011
Hope Ginka could be returned back again.
Sep 2, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2013
black luna like kyuubi ...

her eyes is red.
Sep 2, 2013 2:15 PM

Sep 2012
Mostly filler for episodic characterization that didn't advance the plot in the slightest. Once again.
Predictable twist in the end about that not being Akari.
Cerebrum forces a card inside Luna because... apparently he can do that.
Level of boredom: 100%
Sep 2, 2013 11:23 PM

Feb 2013
And so the wheel of fortune begins to turn. I guess that was what the cards were talking about.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Sep 2, 2013 11:37 PM

Sep 2012
One by one the team is chipped away. I have a feeling that the grimness will just go on and on until Akari is finally the last one left standing and we are not sure if even she would survive or not.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 3, 2013 12:21 AM

Mar 2011
I was already started to get bored of the show the last couple episodes.
Then this episode came out and it was completely obvious what "akari" was, and the the whole Luna X Akari thing was way overdone and just meh.
Sep 7, 2013 12:00 AM

Dec 2008
...as obvious as that fake-out was, I really still have to express that throughout the entire time that "Akari" was there, I couldn't help but think "...that. Annoying. Jerk." That shapeshifting ability is kind of OP and to think that Cerebrum is working for someone/something else is kind of scary.

Though I'm glad that shit FINALLY got real, even if it took the series like six episodes or so in order to do so. Hoping things can only look up from this point on and looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Sep 7, 2013 6:28 PM

Jul 2011
Very predictable episode
Sep 9, 2013 11:23 PM

Jun 2012
HitoriTomoyo said:
...as obvious as that fake-out was, I really still have to express that throughout the entire time that "Akari" was there, I couldn't help but think "...that. Annoying. Jerk." That shapeshifting ability is kind of OP and to think that Cerebrum is working for someone/something else is kind of scary.

^haha, I was fooled for the longest time. I was thinking, oh wow she's saying her true feelings so bluntly! xD yeah, no.

Well yeah, kind of expected it to be Luna next. Let's see if they can save her.

Sep 15, 2013 7:31 AM

Apr 2009
Ginka's destiny? Pops, she inexplicably chose to die on her own accord... for whatever not-so-smart reason deemed by the writers. Luna finally gets an episode all to herself, and it's also the episode that basically destroys her as a character. I kinda liked Luna. Chances are, there's no saving her just as there is no saving all the other daemonia victims.

That said, the moment her "sister" appeared it I knew it was a ploy by the shapeshifting enemy to execute yet another scheme with impunity. I half-expected something like that, even during the lovey-dovey scenes with "Akari" and yet I hoped it wasn't so, just so it would break the terrible predictability. By process of elimination taking Akari's plot armor into account, it meant that either Luna or Seira was next to go, and because Luna got the focus this episode, she was the victim.

Dammit, playing the shoujo-ai card and then collapsing whatever sweet moments it built like a house of cards. That's low. I enjoyed the shoujo-ai moments though, even if it all turned out to be fake as I feared...
Sep 27, 2013 5:07 AM

Dec 2011
That meeting with her "sister" and then "Akari" was too suspicious to be true, yet Cerebrum managed to just about be convincing enough that I maintained my doubts (her sister's appearance could well have been delusion rather than shapeshifting after all).
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 2, 2013 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
Just picked it up again and wow what a good episode.

That manipulation I kinda knew she was the bad guy but at some point I actually believed the fake akari.

Well Madoka fans, look here and see how you properly set up a death for a character. You make them important and then kill them. Unlike mami in madoka which was just shitty shockvalue and nothing more.
Even Sayakas death was not that well prepared compared to this.

If only it had more episodes this should would have been really good.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Oct 13, 2013 10:55 AM

May 2012
Ow shit that ending!
Oct 16, 2013 12:25 PM

Oct 2012
Holy shit, Cerberum did his Akari mode and fooled Luna and transformed her in some kind of evil Luna (Dark side of the moon Luna ?) Shit is going down next time.
Oct 21, 2013 1:28 PM

Oct 2012
This is slaughter, poor Luna! And Poor Akari and Seira..

Though I knew it was Cerebrum from the beginning, they way he talked in Akari form it was obvious.

Gotta kill them all, I guess.
Nov 30, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2013
Such an intense episode! I can't believe Luna turned into a Daemonia!
Aug 31, 2014 12:47 AM

Feb 2013
I knew Luna was gonna turn or do something! Damn, I hope she turns back if that's possible.
Nov 22, 2014 7:17 AM

Feb 2014
I KNEW IT! I knew from the part when Luna saw her sister and then Akari in the forest that Akari was actually that sketchy shapeshifter guy in disguise! Even during the bed scene when Akari was like "I don't exactly know what happened during that conversation" I knew something was fishy!

Anyway, Luna is an evil werewolf now. Okay.
Dec 29, 2014 7:07 AM

Apr 2014
Fking knew it!...Luna's too Blind!...her action shows how weak she is at heart.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

65 by BadMeme »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

83 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

54 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.