Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 31, 2013 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Luna :3. She's kinda cute I guess.

Poor Luna this episode, I feel for her. Ah cake...I'm hungry now. I kinda liked the bonding between Luna and "Akari". I found that kinda cute :3

Oh God Luna ;.;

Stark700Aug 31, 2013 9:56 AM
Aug 31, 2013 8:54 AM
Jun 2011
oh my god i cant belive it luna became demonia now. i wonder if they will find a way to make luna get back to normal or have to kill her
Aug 31, 2013 9:15 AM

Nov 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! not Luna, she's my favorite, she's now doomed to die. It's like Madoka all over again.

Note to self: Mahou Shoujo + Dark Setting + having a favorite in that series = They will die horribly before it ends

Aug 31, 2013 10:24 AM

May 2012
It might end up being the actual point where Akari finds out how to undo Daemonia. Though I think Luna-D will stick around for more than one episode.

Also, Luna has confirmed that she's into Akari in that way. Now, if the show doesn't work way too hard to retardedly follow in Madoka's footsteps, we just need to find out if Akari might return those feelings, and we'll have quite a rare thing going.

But, knowing how hard this show is trying to be Madoka all of a sudden...still, Luna would be like the Sayaka, and Akari the Kyouko, but Akari's the main character, so she should be safe from being killed off.
Aug 31, 2013 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
LUNA NO
I have a theory Akari might be Lunas sister or something :s
Aug 31, 2013 10:36 AM
Apr 2013
It is impressive how Madoka somehow took control of the entire dark magical girl anime genre and now anything dark and magic girl is a copy

I thought it was a good episode. It was predictable and you could easily tell that akari was really the bad guy. But I still enjoy the anime and that is all that matters.
Aug 31, 2013 10:44 AM

May 2012
Wow I did not see that shit coming. I wonder how the hell they are going to deal with this. I its going to be a hard fight come next episode.
Aug 31, 2013 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
Damn Shit got real at the end O_O

Yuri overload this ep...Sexual tension was overflowing from Luna XD
It felt like she wants to attack 'Akari' and rape her or sth XD
Really felt the Yandere vibes there hehe.

But well, it was quite obvious that wasn't Akari from the start though ^^
That transformation at the end was pretty creepy. Let's see what happens nxt.
Aug 31, 2013 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
and there goes Luna....

ValiantHero said:

Who knows? could be possible.
Aug 31, 2013 10:49 AM

May 2012
Mikenzb said:
and there goes Luna....

ValiantHero said:

Who knows? could be possible.

That'd be a crazy stretch.

I'm thinking Luna's sister might have something to do with what's going on right now with the Daemonia.
Aug 31, 2013 10:55 AM

May 2013
Why did it have to happen to Luna. I liked her.
Aug 31, 2013 11:00 AM
Sep 2011
I'm glad they didn't do what I was expecting and have Luna destroy her opposite the same way Ginka did. Picking off the characters one by one would have been terrible.

And we have yet another new development. I'm just waiting for them to explain the old ones. I kinda figured right away that there was a trick in play. My first thought was "Why would Luna's sister look so young after all this time?" Then she runs away and Akari appears out of nowhere. Too suspicious.

But good lord I never expected THAT to happen. And of course Luna would change into some kind of werewolf looking creature. She did say she had a problem with dogs following her a while back, and when she's transformed she does take on some beastly qualities.

Pretty decent episode. Nice to finally get some development and explanation of Luna's past. We'll see where this crazy show takes us next.
Aug 31, 2013 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
I hope that this show isn't planning to kill off each one of them for these last few episodes, I didn't mind Luna to be honest, but it's messed up that she got turned into a Daemonia, I wonder how Akari will take all of that considering that she can talk to them. I'm not surprised that "Akari" that was with Luna was fake, I saw it coming, but the time they spent together made it seem kind of real, those yuri undertones... But I wonder if they'll find some way to reverse her back to normal.
Aug 31, 2013 11:05 AM

May 2012
45Ravager said:
I hope that this show isn't planning to kill off each one of them for these last few episodes, I didn't mind Luna to be honest, but it's messed up that she got turned into a Daemonia, I wonder how Akari will take all of that considering that she can talk to them. I'm not surprised that "Akari" that was with Luna was fake, I saw it coming, but the time they spent together made it seem kind of real, those yuri undertones... But I wonder if they'll find some way to reverse her back to normal.

"undertones" is kinda selling it short. It's rather obvious that Luna wants to jump Akaria's bones. Akari returning the feels is kinda in debate.

But yeah...if this just devolves into yet another 'kill off the cast' show....>_<

This show had suuuuch potential, but it's all being thrown into the garbage right now.
Aug 31, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2012
vampko said:
This show had suuuuch potential, but it's all being thrown into the garbage right now.
This. I remember back when the first episode aired JesuOtaku and her boyfriend said something to the effect that it was the first (and most likely not last) hilariously bad imitation of Madoka. While I could see where they were coming from I didn't really feel it at the time. Boy, did I feel it in this episode! They were just trying so hard to maximise sexual tension and angst that it made me literally LOL every time. Now I'm not even sure if I want the show to improve or to stay exactly like this. I mean, I could always use a good laugh, and since this isn't an OVA the chances of this show dropping to the level of Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart are pretty low, so I guess I can find a way to enjoy it regardless :)
Aug 31, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2013
Luna was always creepy to me with with how obsessed with Akari she is. I knew that would be her downfall. I realized I miss the energetic spirit of Ginka when Akari and Seira were sitting at the dinner table. It was kinda easy to tell that it was the guy not Akari. It's funny how Luna turned into her werewolf type creature and her card is the moon. Next episode will probably be Akari trying to bring Luna to her senses while Luna tries to kill Seira due to jealousy.
vampko said:
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 31, 2013 12:27 PM

Jan 2011
Well the doujin won't have to do too much changing to use this episode. We're near the end, so I guess I'll stick it out, but my enjoyment level is going down as the shark jumping continues.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 31, 2013 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
So much yuri this episode...

Damn, that shapeshifter guy. Awful of him to shapeshift into Akari.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 31, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
That shapeshifter guy must watch a lot of yuri subtext shows, he even had me believe his facade was real.
[center]
Aug 31, 2013 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
I think next episode luna and the elemental tarot card user of emperor will both die...

Or Akari figures some way to bring Luna back..
sigh..
Aug 31, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2012
VioLink said:
That shapeshifter guy must watch a lot of yuri subtext shows, he even had me believe his facade was real.

He was just using her memories and fantasies against her pretty much

wishkas said:
I think next episode luna and the elemental tarot card user of emperor will both die...

Or Akari figures some way to bring Luna back..

The first seems the most likely, but I'm really hoping for the second.
Aug 31, 2013 2:58 PM
Oct 2010
didnt think for once it was really akari.

and she almost made a contract with that female shifting faggot :(
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 31, 2013 3:23 PM
Sep 2011
Oh no Luna became a witch...I mean a Daemonia!!!
So much Yuri. Is it me or are a lot of bad shows this year turning into Yuri at the last second. First was Sasami-San and now this.

Okay I need to throw this out there right now, because it has been bugging me - a lot of people have been complaining that this show is a ripoff of Madoka since episode 1. I would just like to tell them that dark magical girl shows did indeed exist before Madoka, and simply being in the genre doesn't make it a ripoff. For example, unlike this show, Madoka is good.
edl01Aug 31, 2013 3:27 PM
Aug 31, 2013 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
This is an good episode, just Luna being lost when Ginka dies in the previous episode. Also some character development for Luna and the bond between Luna and Akari, Yuri action XD. One thing that caught me off gaurd when Cerebrum was disguised by Akari and planted a Daemonia Card in Luna. I hope they will save her.

My mixed opinion it was kind of predictable when the episode focuses on Luna and I know something bad is going to happen.
omega_d94Aug 31, 2013 3:55 PM

Aug 31, 2013 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
Yuri action gone bad.
I was hoping for a kiss scene.
Aug 31, 2013 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
Well, it might be a miracle and I already predict that it was fake Akari, can't believe Luna think it was sister.
Easy to figure out that is not her real sister and sudden shapeshift to Akari after.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 31, 2013 5:21 PM
Sep 2011
RediceRyan said:
Yuri action gone bad.

No such thing I'm afraid.
Aug 31, 2013 6:30 PM

Feb 2012
Aww not Luna too!

All she wanted was dat ass.

This is too cruel :(
Aug 31, 2013 6:55 PM
Aug 2013
I thought from the beginning that something would happen to Luna, because of her feelings toward Akari, she was super jelous when Akari started to talk and get along with Seira. She turned into Daemonia wasn't a surprise.
Spanish speaker. Sorry for any misspelling or bad use of verbs xDDD
Aug 31, 2013 7:47 PM

May 2012
edl01 said:
Oh no Luna became a witch...I mean a Daemonia!!!
So much Yuri. Is it me or are a lot of bad shows this year turning into Yuri at the last second. First was Sasami-San and now this.

Okay I need to throw this out there right now, because it has been bugging me - a lot of people have been complaining that this show is a ripoff of Madoka since episode 1. I would just like to tell them that dark magical girl shows did indeed exist before Madoka, and simply being in the genre doesn't make it a ripoff. For example, unlike this show, Madoka is good.

Being a ripoff hardly guuarantees something to be good. On the contrary it normally implies a lower quality.

And, while before I could argue it wasn't trying to be Madoka, it's definitely doing so now.

Also, Sasami-san was never a bad show, and the yuri was there from the beginning almost >.>

I was rooting for
Aug 31, 2013 8:29 PM

Jun 2013
The second Akari showed up at the villa, I was saying "There's no way it's really her", then I was thinking it might really be her. Then it punched me in the face revealing that it wasn't Akari.

Hm, I wonder what that little scene with the shapeshifter guy in the room with a bunch of pillars was about. Well besides the obvious "discussing the plan".
Aug 31, 2013 9:09 PM

May 2013
I am conflicted, Luna no longer has a stick figure, she has meat and tits on her frame and is now a werewolf dominatrix (the emperor reversed) ... go, go, Luna-chan ^^;

http://imgur.com/cr1bdkS.jpg

My guess is that next episode there will be more yuri innuendo, with Luna beating Seira to a pulp until Akari implies that she will jump her bones if she becomes a good girl again, Luna will wag her tail and expulse the demonia card (the power of loveyuri!).
mangamuscleAug 31, 2013 9:16 PM
Aug 31, 2013 10:03 PM

Apr 2012
Luna becoming a werewolf wit-- daemonia weird thing gave me chills but just.. so many issues with this episode. The shoved in and pretty forceful backstory and admiration/development for Luna, the lack of buildup or even foreshadowing to the fact that Daemonia cards can be combined with Tarots and create a monster, the sudden lesbianism between them, the sudden relationship in GENERAL between them despite Luna hardly showing any interest in anyone before, and of course, obvious Madoka rip-offs.

Sigh.
Aug 31, 2013 11:07 PM

Dec 2012
wishkas said:

If that happens, though, who's gonna kill the original Moon Daemonia? Hum...

Akichii said:
Luna becoming a werewolf wit-- daemonia weird thing gave me chills but just.. so many issues with this episode. The shoved in and pretty forceful backstory and admiration/development for Luna, the lack of buildup or even foreshadowing to the fact that Daemonia cards can be combined with Tarots and create a monster, the sudden lesbianism between them, the sudden relationship in GENERAL between them despite Luna hardly showing any interest in anyone before, and of course, obvious Madoka rip-offs.

Sigh.

Okay, you can argue that it's not well done, but they have foreshadowed most of those things. Earlier in the show, they had Akari locked up because she was in danger of turning into a Daemonia (she was already an Elemental Tarot user). People have commented on how Luna gave all these yandere vibes towards Akari for many episodes now. There were plenty of interactions between Seira and Akari where Luna was seen watching them with a "sad" face. Luna was the first one to befriend Akari and the first one to listen to the Daemonia by Akari-touching means.
Again, you might say the show's not good, but at least do so for the reasons it deserves.
Aug 31, 2013 11:46 PM

Dec 2010
i knew this show was about magic and friendship! I just knew it!
Aug 31, 2013 11:48 PM

May 2009
as long as this show doesn't have anything to do with time travel crap its not madoka
Sep 1, 2013 12:13 AM
Aug 2011
The whole Ginka business was really abrupt.
Ok show... since you don't seem to care about your characters then neither do I.

"Akari" didn't fool me for a second, I knew there was no way she would have been able to express all those different emotions in the span of 1 episode.

ethan_u said:
as long as this show doesn't have anything to do with time travel crap its not madoka

Just know that i'm going to laugh really hard if they somehow end up going back in time just to revive their friends/family members.
Sep 1, 2013 12:30 AM
Jun 2011
what i don't understand in this episode is how it possible ginka dad remembered her.after she died he should forgot her like all the other peoples
Sep 1, 2013 12:35 AM

Sep 2010
Leave Luna-chan alone, you son of a bitch. T_T Though I must admit she makes a cool looking Daemonia.
Sep 1, 2013 1:02 AM
Aug 2011
elior1 said:
what i don't understand in this episode is how it possible ginka dad remembered her.after she died he should forgot her like all the other peoples

I know I answered you but the other possibility is that he still remembers her because she didn't actually die?

I may be wrong but now i'm thinking way too much about this show, more than i'd like to.
Sep 1, 2013 1:05 AM

Feb 2013
Akichii said:
The shoved in and pretty forceful backstory and admiration/development for Luna

Every one of the main girls has had an episode devoted to their origins. I'm not sure how this fourth and final one is a big surprise. That said, yeah, the way their background stories get all crammed into one episode is kind of annoying and uninspired writing.

Akichii said:
the lack of buildup or even foreshadowing to the fact that Daemonia cards can be combined with Tarots and create a monster

In that hall of pillars, the voice that Cerebrum answers to was calling him out for a being reckless little prick for experimenting with pair annihilation on Ginka. Now this time he crams a card into Luna's guts with no clue as to what would happen. I think he's playing with fire and he's gonna get burned. He has no clue what he's doing with his experimentation. The voice in the hall is probably right for admonishing him.

Akichii said:
the sudden lesbianism between them, the sudden relationship in GENERAL between them despite Luna hardly showing any interest in anyone before

We've been seeing Luna's flashbacks to her sister (and silent images of the room full of wannabe heirs) off and on all season with no context given. Now its been shown that after living a life among a bunch of greedy selfish jerks, Akari is everything her mysteriously vanished kind sweetheart of a sister was and she longs for that bond with someone. It is unmistakeably yuri-ish though, but it hardly came out of left field as Luna's been blushing and drooling over her since episode 2.

Akichii said:
and of course, obvious Madoka rip-offs.

That the magical girls can be forcefully corrupted ... or killed ... or experience doubt and despair ... or read books by crusty old authors like Luna does (classical music is extremely similar in that it's written by crusty old composers and that was Sayaka's gimmick, as was swordsmanship which Akari totally ripped off, much like bows are the thing Madoka herself patented and holds the legal rights to for the next 17 years)... it's infuriating and insulting to see these affronts to intellectual property week after week, I feel your frustration (no, not really).

PMMM is infinitely better than this show and there is some pretty brazen copycatting to be found (especially that one scene with the worm eating Not-Mami the artist girl around episode 4 or 5 - my eyes nearly separated themselves from the nerve from rolling my eyes that bloody hard), but the daemonia corruption thing isn't out of place given the established theme and events of the show over the past nine episodes.

Anyway, neither Ginka or Luna has conclusively "died". Anti-Ginka's persistent yammering about how they would merge and not completely vanish into the ether further reinforced with the tendous vocally pondering her whereabouts after her disappearance this week gives me hope that she can be rescued from whatever happened. Next week's preview pictures show Luna transformed but sleeping on a couch with what appears to be legcuffs. Missing and/or incapacitated =/= dead. There's still hope that the girls will be reunited by the end of the season once Sefiro Fiore gains a better understanding of the two contrasting decks (which even Cerebrum doesn't quite grasp yet either), it doesn't HAVE to end in death and despair.

in before Madoka-frenzied posters claim that the girls being alive and intact (except Sayaka) at the end has been done before, ergo ripoff.

edit: Also, we haven't had an explanation as to why she is regarded as 'tainted' to her family and the disappearance of her sister has yet to be resolved and as many times as these things have been brought up they seem to be important to the plot or at least Luna's character, so I can't see her being outright killed next episode.
ParpySep 1, 2013 1:21 AM
Sep 1, 2013 1:35 AM

Mar 2013
Ugh, Luna was literally the only character I liked. And now the yuri is confirmed for canon feelings on Luna's part and she's probably not even gonna get to say anything.

Personally, I think the next episode will be nothing but the daemonia fight. And that it will end with Akari and Luna talking and Luna telling Akari her feelings just before she dies. For dramatic effect.

God, this anime is so bad, but now I want to watch just to see if Luna's ok on the offchance.
Sep 1, 2013 2:38 AM
Feb 2012
It couldn't get any more obvious that that person in the forest wasn't Akari. Luna, you poor, gullible girl. And I wonder, where have I seen this sort of thing happen before? :rolleyes:
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 1, 2013 2:41 AM

Oct 2009
I expected this to happen and satisfied with what I see.

ponygon123 said:
It is impressive how Madoka somehow took control of the entire dark magical girl anime genre and now anything dark and magic girl is a copy

Nah. Its just the Madoka fanboy who couldn't see anything else not-Madoka.
I've seen something like this happens long ago when NGE fanboy bashing Rahxephon.
It was not the first, and definitely not the last.

GuiltyKing said:
It couldn't get any more obvious that that person in the forest wasn't Akari. Luna, you poor, gullible girl. And I wonder, where have I seen this sort of thing happen before? :rolleyes:

It's a cliche everywhere. Especially when Break The Cuties Trope was in play.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 1, 2013 3:26 AM

Jan 2008
I feel stupid after reading most of the comments saying they weren't fooled, I only realized it's not Akari when they were having sexy time in bed ;_;
I don't think Luna is yuri for Akari. I suppose she's fixated with her because of her lost sister and the fact she was most probably ridiculed by everyone. And of course she's amazed with her "emotional senpai" because Akari's seemingly strong for stating her opinion and standing up to higher-ups, doing things her way.

I expected Pops to burst in tears or something. "I was prepared", don't go Burning Crusade on me, pops, nobody is prepared for burying their own pre-adolescent child. Dear dark mahou shoujo show, I need to try extra hard to care about your characters because you refuse to help me.
Sep 1, 2013 4:48 AM

Dec 2010
parfaited said:
elior1 said:

I know I answered you but the other possibility is that he still remembers her because she didn't actually die?

I may be wrong but now i'm thinking way too much about this show, more than i'd like to.

from earlier episodes the magic girls told akari they erase people's memory of anything relating to the monsters that's why akari's guardian's don't remember akari's sister/ the first victim.

zzz
Ciara said:

I don't think Luna is yuri for Akari. I suppose she's fixated with her because of her lost sister and the fact she was most probably ridiculed by everyone. And of course she's amazed with her "emotional senpai" because Akari's seemingly strong for stating her opinion and standing up to higher-ups, doing things her way.

yeah i know i would really just joke...for the yuri...yeah luna's just into friendship stuff
Sep 1, 2013 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
somehow felt Luna getting too jealous would happen eventually but they don't have to make this so cruel ><

and it's nice to know someone appreciating the series as its own :)
winter_mintSep 1, 2013 4:57 AM
Sep 1, 2013 5:06 AM

Jan 2011
I'm wondering why Luna is considered a tainted child? If I had to guess though, probably because she's a tarot user.
Sep 1, 2013 5:12 AM

Jul 2012
This was an unexpected episode. In a good way. It would rather suck if they decided to kill them off one by one.

I knew it wasn't Akari from the beginning. I was surprised it went in the yuri direction though since I never once thought Luna had feelings for Akari...until now. Maybe I missed something but there wasn't much in the previous episodes that would imply that.

I doubt Luna will survive the next episode. And I'm still expecting Ginka to come back.
Sep 1, 2013 5:15 AM

Sep 2008
I know that Akari which Luna spent her time in mansion isn't real Akari...

Eh... looks like Luna is "Sayaka" for this series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

65 by BadMeme »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

83 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

54 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.