3It was OK
9.6%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.4
167 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 31, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find the final card to be pretty badass.

OST is decent as well. I like how Miyu goes all out this time with her powers. Her transformation resembles the normal Saber somewhat I guess. I like the intensity of Miyu this episode though.

Poor Miyu ;.; I hope she can pull it through..

EXCALIBURRRRRRRR. Finally, I see that Illya makes up her mind! Ah about time again. I'm excited for the climax tbh.
Aug 31, 2013 7:56 AM

Jan 2011

http://i.imgur.com/URbZD1f.png
SABER INSTALL! Cool fight but Miyu can't beat him alone. Thanks to Iri's pep talk Illya is ready to fight!

Last episode next week...
[center]
Aug 31, 2013 9:48 AM

Jul 2007
All I will say is that I am fucking pissed at the changes they made in this episode. This show had such a great and mostly faithful start, why did they decide to fuck it all up....

3/5
Aug 31, 2013 10:05 AM

Jun 2011
Fai said:
All I will say is that I am fucking pissed at the changes they made in this episode. This show had such a great and mostly faithful start, why did they decide to fuck it all up....

3/5

Say what they changed please since i will not be able to watch this episode till it is subbed.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Aug 31, 2013 10:12 AM

Jul 2007
Slicer22 said:
Fai said:

3/5

Say what they changed please since i will not be able to watch this episode till it is subbed.

They pretty much kept Myu's battle untouched, BUT

On the plus side the fight was very well animated and very brutal with not much toned down.
AhenshihaelAug 31, 2013 10:17 AM
Aug 31, 2013 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
Was it This Illlusion ost during the Install scene?

Iri looked nice for most of the ep
Slicer22 said:
Fai said:

3/5

The "are you afraid of you own power?" scene was replaced with a "do you want to save your friend?" kinda of scene.

Fate/ wise I am disappointed.But I hope that they wont remove those kinda scenes from 2wei if we get it.
I still liked it though.
Aug 31, 2013 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
I am beginning to think nasuverse adaptations are cursed.
Aug 31, 2013 10:25 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
I am beginning to think nasuverse adaptations are cursed.
Seriously now?Overreacting much?
Aug 31, 2013 10:34 AM

Jun 2011
Tbh from what Fai said i just get the impression that they do not even plan to do 2wei in another season, they seem to be changing it enough so they can have enough closure to end it with this season with an anime original ending with Illya and Miyus friendship being fixed being the ending. They do not seem to want to leave it open ended and ready for 2wei so they started messing with the story, which annoys me to no end.

Studios are such cowards these days always cramming things into a single cour and then moving onto the next thing they try to cash in on. This was 10 episodes but it was not rushed it covered the first season of the manga but they seem to want to be done with it after 1 season or are playing it to safe so they did an original ending. Then there are all the other adaptions of other things where they shove 4 entire novels into a single cour and ruin the source material. Would it kill them to at least try doing more 24 episode seasons and actually adapting it better hell they would probably sell more then as well.

I think it might of been a nice idea to do both the first season of the manga and 2wei into 24 episodes to bad they pulled their punches and went for 10 episodes for the 1st season.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Aug 31, 2013 11:43 AM

Feb 2009
Slicer22 said:
Tbh from what Fai said i just get the impression that they do not even plan to do 2wei in another season, they seem to be changing it enough so they can have enough closure to end it with this season with an anime original ending with Illya and Miyus friendship being fixed being the ending. They do not seem to want to leave it open ended and ready for 2wei so they started messing with the story, which annoys me to no end.

Studios are such cowards these days always cramming things into a single cour and then moving onto the next thing they try to cash in on. This was 10 episodes but it was not rushed it covered the first season of the manga but they seem to want to be done with it after 1 season or are playing it to safe so they did an original ending. Then there are all the other adaptions of other things where they shove 4 entire novels into a single cour and ruin the source material. Would it kill them to at least try doing more 24 episode seasons and actually adapting it better hell they would probably sell more then as well.

I think it might of been a nice idea to do both the first season of the manga and 2wei into 24 episodes to bad they pulled their punches and went for 10 episodes for the 1st season.
Anime in still costs money and requires manpower. There's risks involved in the production and there's still the possible loss in money. We're talking millions of yen in here. They have advertising, reservation of timeslots on television and paying the animators.

And the producers still have the final say in everything. A lot of people are involved in this and takes a lot of time before things are done. They don't do this to piss you off. They do this because that's their decision after thinking things through.
Every anime is a gamble in the hopes to sell and/or break even. And not just the BD sales but in different medias and merchandises. Anime isn't just entertainment, it's still an industry that still needs profits to survive.

And your(and my) words mean nothing as we don't even pay a single thing for this. If you were using your money to support the industry then your opinion will weigh much more. Until then, it's just meaningless ranting. Yours, mine and most of the people here. Take it however you will. It just shows your ignorance of the anime industry.
Aug 31, 2013 11:45 AM

Jul 2007
Slicer22 said:

^
Pretty much this.

If you are just going to adapt the less coherent part of franchise, WHY ADAPT IT AT ALL?

Ughh this infuriates me greatly.
Aug 31, 2013 12:34 PM

Jun 2011
belatkuro said:
Anime in still costs money and requires manpower. There's risks involved in the production and there's still the possible loss in money. We're talking millions of yen in here. They have advertising, reservation of timeslots on television and paying the animators.

And the producers still have the final say in everything. A lot of people are involved in this and takes a lot of time before things are done. They don't do this to piss you off. They do this because that's their decision after thinking things through.
Every anime is a gamble in the hopes to sell and/or break even. And not just the BD sales but in different medias and merchandises. Anime isn't just entertainment, it's still an industry that still needs profits to survive.

And your(and my) words mean nothing as we don't even pay a single thing for this. If you were using your money to support the industry then your opinion will weigh much more. Until then, it's just meaningless ranting. Yours, mine and most of the people here. Take it however you will. It just shows your ignorance of the anime industry.

I am more than aware of everything you just said but it does not change the fact that these days they are doing more and more 1 cour seasons and less 2 or more cour seasons compared to what they used to. They are taking the easy lower risk cash in on popular source material (mainly light novels) and doing a half assed 1 cour for some quick cash.

You say "They do this because that's their decision after thinking things through" i honestly wonder about that sometimes with some of the stuff they make cramming as much material they can into a single cour or changing it till it is almost unrecognizable from its original material then they sit around scratching their heads when it sells like shit thinking what went wrong.

Yes it would cost more to do 2 cours instead of 1 cour that is rather obvious, but the way you put it you would think they would not even make money off the extra cour they made from blu-ray / dvd sales and that would be just an extra freebie/loss for them. If they put the extra effort into adapting the material and using the extra cour to adapt it properly they would end up with a better product and most of the time it would sell even more it could even sometimes mean the difference between a failure or success of the adaptation.

Can you really deny that extra effort and greater attention to detail or even an extra cour would not make a difference to the success of many adaptations? You act like the people behind it are never just trying to make a quick cash in and that they are always animating everything to the best they can. The fact is there are more 1 cour shows than ever just half assing it for lower risk money.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Aug 31, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
Slicer22 said:

I am more than aware of everything you just said but it does not change the fact that these days they are doing more and more 1 cour seasons and less 2 or more cour seasons compared to what they used to. They are taking the easy lower risk cash in on popular source material (mainly light novels) and doing a half assed 1 cour for some quick cash.

You say "They do this because that's their decision after thinking things through" i honestly wonder about that sometimes with some of the stuff they make cramming as much material they can into a single cour or changing it till it is almost unrecognizable from its original material then they sit around scratching their heads when it sells like shit thinking what went wrong.

Yes it would cost more to do 2 cours instead of 1 cour that is rather obvious, but the way you put it you would think they would not even make money off the extra cour they made from blu-ray / dvd sales and that would be just an extra freebie/loss for them. If they put the extra effort into adapting the material and using the extra cour to adapt it properly they would end up with a better product and most of the time it would sell even more it could even sometimes mean the difference between a failure or success of the adaptation.

Can you really deny that extra effort and greater attention to detail or even an extra cour would not make a difference to the success of many adaptations? You act like the people behind it are never just trying to make a quick cash in and that they are always animating everything to the best they can. The fact is there are more 1 cour shows than ever just half assing it for lower risk money.

To put it simply:

Producers got idea ==> sponsor give money ==> producer do his job ==> people watch / fanboy is disappointed ==> people buy good but not enough==> producer dont get enough money==> next series shortened...

it is the law of $$$. what fanboy want is too expensive.

BTW, BERSERCAR is the worst enemy possible. Even in the state of mere shadow, he still don't need his brain, just full power >_< and less brain = more power
bruh
Aug 31, 2013 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
kei78 said:

BTW, BERSERCAR is the worst enemy possible. Even in the state of mere shadow, he still don't need his brain, just full power >_< and less brain = more power
Well the only reason he lost in Heaven's Feel was that
Aug 31, 2013 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
Slicer22 said:
belatkuro said:

You should ask yourself why there are more 1 cour shows than before in the first place.
Sep 1, 2013 7:22 AM

Sep 2012
Magical girls sure are violent theses days. There're blood everywhere.

And indeed, it's not a good news that they skip all the foreshadowing about the true nature of Illya.
Sep 2, 2013 11:29 PM

Sep 2012
Slicer22 said:
it does not change the fact that these days they are doing more and more 1 cour seasons and less 2 or more cour seasons compared to what they used to. They are taking the easy lower risk cash in on popular source material (mainly light novels) and doing a half assed 1 cour for some quick cash.
You know what? It is because cash comes HARDER these days compared to the "quick cash" in the past, not the other way round !!! The reason why there are now more 1 cour seasons compared to >2 cour seasons is because sponsors are so much harder to find. In the past, one toy maker could sponsor the whole show even if it is 2,3, or 4 cours. No longer. Even for 1 cour show, it now needs the combined effort of a bunch of sponsors to form a production committee to jointly sponsor the show. So your ranting is based on an utterly distorted view of how anime industry works, and hence its conclusion is also distorted and deeply flawed.

ON TOPIC

What a timely comeback of the most understanding and loving mother of the world !! It is more like Illya's mother even more than Illya herserlf who saves Miyu....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 5, 2013 5:26 PM

Jul 2007
Arlia said:

And indeed, it's not a good news that they skip all the foreshadowing about the true nature of Illya.

If they just skipped that, it would not be as suspicious or bad. It would still be disappointing, but they can still adapt shit.

They are not just skipping that.

They skipped ALL the foreshadowing, Illya-focused or not, which means they never did intend on adapting the rest of manga and Silver Link did push this out simply as an attempt to make some quick cash, instead of truly adapting it.

Which is even more depressing and hurts even more, when you consider just HOW WELL this show did the parts where they adapted the material correctly.

Up until EP7 this was the most accurate FSN adaptation to have ever been created.

UGH, I smell bullshit on the level of claymore anime.
Sep 6, 2013 4:04 AM

Aug 2009
Sep 6, 2013 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
There's a lot of material in this thread that doesn't need to be here.

ANYWAY. Does anyone else find Miyu incredibly similar to Saber in her "I must fight alone" speech. Reminded me of when Iskander slapped sense into Saber during Fate/Zero explaining that a King is NEVER ALONE.
Sep 6, 2013 12:36 PM

May 2013
This was a good episode.
Sep 6, 2013 12:51 PM

Jul 2007
jondoom said:
There's a lot of material in this thread that doesn't need to be here.

ANYWAY. Does anyone else find Miyu incredibly similar to Saber in her "I must fight alone" speech. Reminded me of when Iskander slapped sense into Saber during Fate/Zero explaining that a King is NEVER ALONE.

None of what has been discussed so far is in any way shape or form a spoiler, so far.

Also no. Saber was/is idealist in conflict with her ideals that "betrayed" her, as people she cared about and helped turned against them.

Myuu in no way shape or form is
. Her speech actually makes her look closer to Shiro than Saber, as she is willing to throw away reason and put everything that she is at risk to protect people/person she cares about and to prove her point.
Sep 6, 2013 3:19 PM

May 2013
Definitely glad I didn't read the manga first. Judging by the discussion, I would've been disappointed. I'll read it after this is done though probably. Anyways, It's so cute seeing them dressed up as heroes. I liked Miyu's design throughout the series and seeing her in a saber outfit made me happy. 4 lives down if I counted right.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 6, 2013 3:47 PM

May 2010
good episode for me. glad i didnt read the manga also.
Sep 6, 2013 4:17 PM
Oct 2010
BAHZAHKAHH!!!!!!

o man was this fate kaleid or unlimited fap works. i must have this series. and not the sentai release
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 6, 2013 5:00 PM

Apr 2010
I knew what was coming and was really looking forward to it two of my favourite things in Fate Iresviel and Berserker.
To get them both in one episode is like eating pizza while enjoying a fine wine.
And as such i am looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 6, 2013 8:38 PM

Jan 2008
Final Episode next. Even with the specials coming out later, and the ova, I'm still hoping for a second season =3
Sep 6, 2013 8:48 PM

May 2009
good epo but i find it really flawed where mayu installed saber instead of summoner or something
why the hell would you go head on with bzerkr anyways lol
Sep 6, 2013 10:03 PM

Oct 2012
Enemy reminded me a lot like Blanka from Street Fighter.
Sep 7, 2013 12:42 AM

Jul 2013
This was a great episode, Miyu doing this by herself can be quite difficult as well as Illya thinking if she want to help Miyu or not.

Anyway, nice to see Irisviel throughout the episode as well the battle between Berserker and Miyu. Cool transformation that resembles Saber. So lets see how they wrap things up for the final episode.

Sep 7, 2013 2:02 AM

Jul 2009
MMM... why do i have the impression that Berser-car doesn't look as "stupid" as he should be in this anime?
bruh
Sep 7, 2013 2:07 AM

Aug 2009
kei78 said:
MMM... why do i have the impression that Berser-car doesn't look as "stupid" as he should be in this anime?
What do you mean?
Sep 7, 2013 7:36 AM

Mar 2012
Fai said:
Slicer22 said:
Fai said:

3/5

On the plus side the fight was very well animated and very brutal with not much toned down.

Why is this foreshadowing needed exactly? I haven't read the manga but even I know its obvious Iris has some idea whats going on. And why do we need to know about the seal? surely people have watched/read fate/stay night before this show and know what Illya is.
Sep 7, 2013 7:43 AM

Aug 2009
ElPysCongroo said:
Fai said:
Slicer22 said:
Fai said:

3/5

Why is this foreshadowing needed exactly? I haven't read the manga but even I know its obvious Iris has some idea whats going on. And why do we need to know about the seal? surely people have watched/read fate/stay night before this show and know what Illya is.

I dont think that it is needed but it helps fully establish that Ilya knows fully well that she isnt normal,that she was the only one that didnt know about herself till then and that she doesnt have to be afraid of herself/her powers(this is very important due to the introduction of a char in the second manga series).
I believe that it is nothing that it cant be covered later when and if a second season is made.
But I also believe that it is many times better than the "your friend is in danger so stop crying" scene that we got.
Sep 7, 2013 9:44 AM

Nov 2012
iri!! C:
yeah they changed iris and illyas conversation but i didn't mind too much... the battle scenes looked awesome as always.
Sep 7, 2013 4:48 PM

Aug 2008
BAHZAHKAH!! Truly a ferocious beast at that. I wonder how many times Miyu has killed him already?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 8, 2013 8:05 AM

Nov 2009
Berserker with a mahou shoujo wand in his hand looked pretty damn cool. lol

Fine episode, but I couldn't help myself from comparing Irisviel's design to how she looked in Fate/Zero :x
Sep 8, 2013 8:54 AM

Jan 2008
Tzzz... no mother daughter incest... well C85?
Sep 8, 2013 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
Why are so many people having negative opinions about this show? :<
I love it.
Sep 8, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
Irisviel is here lol and damn that fog and berserker is in the house Miyu turned into Saber and it's surprisingly bloody which i love
Sep 8, 2013 12:45 PM

May 2013
Those two together will no doubt make mincemeat of berserker in no time, I hope to see pervy Ilya again next episode.

Really hope this sells and ge wet a second season, albeit after reading 2wei and 3rei I think they will have to trim it to make 2wei one cour and 3rei will probably be imposible to do in one cour.

As for there being more 1 cour anime than before, that is correct, but IMO there is about the same amount of 100+ episode anime series as before. TBT there is more anime produced than 20 years ago, back then we were lucky to see 6 episodes OVAs produced, nowadays 1 cour series have basically substituted OVAs (those disc only specials included with BD/DVD releases or tankoubons fill a different niche), So I am grateful of the chance of seeing all those manga/LN/VN adapted as animes, even if there will never be a second season. I still hope that later on computers will reduce the cost of anime production so much and that they are adapting material so fast that it would be feasible to do second seasons that nowadays would not bring enough profit.
Sep 8, 2013 1:24 PM

Jul 2007
mangamuscle said:
Those two together will no doubt make mincemeat of berserker in no time, I hope to see pervy Ilya again next episode.

Really hope this sells and ge wet a second season, albeit after reading 2wei and 3rei I think they will have to trim it to make 2wei one cour and 3rei will probably be imposible to do in one cour.

As for there being more 1 cour anime than before, that is correct, but IMO there is about the same amount of 100+ episode anime series as before. TBT there is more anime produced than 20 years ago, back then we were lucky to see 6 episodes OVAs produced, nowadays 1 cour series have basically substituted OVAs (those disc only specials included with BD/DVD releases or tankoubons fill a different niche), So I am grateful of the chance of seeing all those manga/LN/VN adapted as animes, even if there will never be a second season. I still hope that later on computers will reduce the cost of anime production so much and that they are adapting material so fast that it would be feasible to do second seasons that nowadays would not bring enough profit.

OR, they will just adapt 2wei as two cours, with one empty cour in between, the same way ufotable did fate/zero.
Sep 8, 2013 2:46 PM

Jul 2009
IRISVIEL.
thank you based iri.
Sep 8, 2013 2:57 PM

May 2009
Kurogashi said:
IRISVIEL.
thank you based iri.
Perfect wife. Best mom.
Sep 8, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2013
Fai said:
OR, they will just adapt 2wei as two cours, with one empty cour in between, the same way ufotable did fate/zero.

I would love that, but I do not expect this series to sell as much as the original FSN anime, which was why the invested so much money (two high quality cours) into F0, so my bet is into another one cour and that is still up in the air even if sales are high (i.e. Nyaruko second season sold badly even tough it looked like a solid franchise) investors might prefer to do another story from the naruverse franchise.
Sep 8, 2013 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
Irisviel design fail. But her talk was very motivating. And why I have the feeling she knew about Ilya fighting?

A lot beter episode after horrible previous one.
Sep 8, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2010
here's a little idea for t-m

STOP REHASHING THE SAME THING AD INFINITUM AND GET YOUR LAZY ASSES TO PRODUCT SOME NEW MATERIAL.
Sep 8, 2013 4:34 PM

Jun 2011
Catastrophic said:
here's a little idea for t-m

STOP REHASHING THE SAME THING AD INFINITUM AND GET YOUR LAZY ASSES TO PRODUCT SOME NEW MATERIAL.

You mean like Mahoutsukai no Yoru? Also Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA is not written by Type Moon it is written by Hiroyama Hiroshi under the name KALMIA he used to do Fate doujins.

You could of found all of that out with just a few clicks and a quick search.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Sep 8, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2012
Moe blob Irisveil. oh god, im going to have nightmares
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 8, 2013 9:09 PM

Jan 2013
Really good episode.
I always put off watching this anime, but it always turns out to be better than I expect.
Even if the story itself is generic, it's pretty well done.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.