Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2009 1:37 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again, a hilarious episode xD

Zoro's enraged face was great :D
Feb 2, 2009 2:09 AM

Nov 2007
They're really making us wait to see unmasked Duval. Not that I'm complaining, it'll just make it all the more awesome.
Feb 2, 2009 2:24 AM

Jul 2008
this ep epic duval is crazy but yea i kno who he is now i kno its him.lol message me if u wanna kno^^
Feb 2, 2009 7:28 AM

Apr 2008
Omg awesome episode !!! Can't wait for next episode, the truth behind duval !! Ah , so it's SANJI he's after eh , whooohooo this getting good ^_^

and finally , how nostalgic !! An usopp '' I shouldn't get on this island disease'' , been a long time :p
Feb 2, 2009 10:52 AM

Feb 2008
Sennin_Darkissa said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again, a hilarious episode xD

Zoro's enraged face was great :D

i forget his name, but his face almost looked like that leader of the water city.

fairly ok episode, not much happened though.
Feb 2, 2009 11:39 AM

May 2008
You mean Iceburg..That was his name I think ;D

Man I can't wait to see Duval without his mask..when I read that chapter in the manga I laughed sooooooo hard xD

Won't say anymore, won't spoil it for you :D
Feb 2, 2009 12:47 PM

Jan 2008
Boring one :P
Feb 2, 2009 1:38 PM

Oct 2008
Pretty much what i expected. Wonder how Duval's face will look on screen. Anyone wanna know how his face looks, can send me a message.

Feb 2, 2009 2:35 PM

Jun 2007
It must be because I love the cast so much, but everytime I see them getting ready for battle I get pumped as well.

And I kinda want a Camie filler arc soon. Cause it'll be hillarious, and it will give the manga some more time.
Feb 2, 2009 3:50 PM

Nov 2007
mulderman said:
And I kinda want a filler arc soon.

Only with One Piece would you ever see a remark like this.
Feb 2, 2009 6:21 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, can't wait to see Duval's true face :P

lol pics:

Feb 3, 2009 4:12 AM

Jul 2008
Miked said:

that looked like sunglasses.

Feb 3, 2009 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
Miked said:

lol pics:

LOL
Especially Zoro!!!!

Somebody said:
mulderman said:

so true!!
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Feb 3, 2009 10:25 AM

Sep 2008
its the one that sanji beated uup
the one that was from the navy and had a steel face...tou idont remembeer his name
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Feb 3, 2009 12:46 PM

Jul 2008
Zero_r2 said:
its the one that sanji beated uup
the one that was from the navy and had a steel face...tou idont remembeer his name

DON KREIG.lol
Feb 3, 2009 1:19 PM

Dec 2008
great as always^^
but I really wish they'd get rid of that opening soon. I mean, I loved "we are" in the original version and I've got the strawhat version always on my mp3-player, so I'm surprised that this... boygroup version... makes me feel sick like this.

oh right and Duval ("the man in the iron mask" XD) gave a nice little Darth Vader impression with all the heavy breathing under that mask. I couldn't stop laughing!
Feb 4, 2009 7:33 AM

Feb 2009
the episode was great, and luffy is very funny, he only think in food takoyakis, jajaja
Feb 5, 2009 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
Very Good!!!!! :) A Hilarious episode!
Feb 7, 2009 3:40 AM

May 2008
i think we will see Duval's face in the episode next after the next one ... i mean in 389:D
Feb 17, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2008
I really want to find out who that Duval guy is! I kept thinking about it through the whole episode!
Feb 18, 2009 10:29 AM
Mar 2008
Zatoichi said:
Miked said:

lol pics:

LOL
Especially Zoro!!!!

Somebody said:
mulderman said:

so true!!

verily.

Usopp: I think I got the old I-shouldn't-get-on-this-island-disease.
Franky: Well, it's not really an island. It looks more like a village that someone built on top of the water.
Usopp: It's the "I-shouldn't-get-on-this-village-that-someone-built-on-top-of-the-water-disease"
WAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And even Usopp though it pathetic that Caimie would get caught that easily.
OHMYGOD this ep had so many funny scenes I'm gonna have to rewatch it very soon.

Takoyaki eyes, lol.
Feb 18, 2009 10:51 AM
Mar 2008
Just watched it again. I really wanna know how duval's face looks like when it's animated, but it's a small price to pay for such epic hilariousness.

Usopp: You get caught way too much!!!
Usopp: You get eaten too much, too.
Feb 18, 2009 10:52 AM
Mar 2008
WHAT BRILLIANT DEDUCTION!!!!!

oh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-my-hy-hy-hy-hy-hy-go-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-hooood~ roflmao~
Dec 16, 2009 9:55 PM

Oct 2009
So it was a pretty slow episode imo.

Not bad, just okay. The best part was when Luffy's eyes turned into takoyaki. I've never had it before, now I kinda want to try it.
Mar 23, 2010 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
LOL gotta love Hachi, he's too honest.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 14, 2010 6:44 AM

May 2008
YEA PWNNNEDEDDDD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 24, 2010 10:51 AM

Mar 2010
omg °-°
very hilarious episode ^.^
Ruffy with the Takoyaki Eyes is greatô ^o^

and the conflict, if they help fish man is sloved~
Apr 11, 2011 12:52 AM

Jul 2007
An ok episode. some silly action with the flying riders. You can tell the straw hats are really not giving it there all.

Anyways i want to see Duval and why he is after sanji.

May 11, 2011 8:54 PM

Jun 2009
He's after Sanji? When did he ever say that? Anyway, a pretty decent episode with a few funny moments here and there. I like how Nami took the high ground and decided to help Hachin.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 11, 2011 10:07 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
He's after Sanji? When did he ever say that? Anyway, a pretty decent episode with a few funny moments here and there. I like how Nami took the high ground and decided to help Hachin.

It was revealed in the episode 388 preview.

May 11, 2011 10:09 PM

Jun 2009
link9us said:
insan3soldiern said:

It was revealed in the episode 388 preview.

I never watch that stuff so...that's why I never noticed.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 25, 2011 12:49 AM

May 2010
I'm being careful in not reading this thread in order to not spoil or give any hints to Duval (if there is any) haha really cannot remember this guy.. I'm down to 2 guesses.. either Don Zrieg or The Pearl Guy.. haha the anticipation is killing me! :-)))
Nov 16, 2012 3:15 PM

Mar 2010
This shouldn't take long.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 15, 2012 5:57 AM

Nov 2012
'Duva' LOLOLOLOL- I don't like Duva.
Dec 1, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2012
Anyone else notice Usopp's six pack. I was like, WTF?! When did he start working out?! Although he got another bout of his crazy 'I can't do this' disease, he did seem a little more ready for a fight.

Yay for Nami being the bigger person! Also, I always enjoy how the other crew members don't know the full details of her past. I'm sure it's probably a plot device to remind viewers of what happened but I like that the newer crew members need to be filled in on certain things. It's nice that they're Nakama but they're relationship as a family is still developing. It wouldn't be realistic to me if they were too close after only being together less than a year maybe? That's just a guess on my part.
Jan 25, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2012
Nice so far.... So Duval is after Sanji??? Now I am even more curious :D
Sep 20, 2014 4:04 AM

Oct 2013
Dat face xD

Nov 22, 2014 7:40 PM

Jan 2014
"We were not friends," - Scary face Zoro
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 11, 2015 8:29 PM

Jun 2015
lmfao zoro's face xDD
Sep 1, 2015 9:59 PM
Jul 2018
And the battle has begun!
I'm ready to see who this Duval guy is, I just started watching One Piece again at around ep 370, been almost a year since I last watched it so I don't remember a lot. So I have no idea who this guy could be, which only makes it even more exciting! haha
Mar 24, 2016 9:28 AM

May 2013
Camie is pretty cute, but what a ditz lol.

Angry Zoro <33333333

Luffy with his takoyaki eyes was just great XD
I need more Brook <3 C:
Jul 25, 2016 2:21 AM

Mar 2015
Lel off they go to save a former enemy
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 27, 2016 9:54 PM
Oct 2015
We are not friends

-zoro
Oct 25, 2016 11:12 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
takoyaki the most important thing lately

Sep 24, 2017 9:45 PM

Dec 2014
Okay, it's definitely not Arlong, I'd have to guess Don Krieg or someone on his crew. Or specifically someone who fought against Sanji.
Jan 12, 2019 5:48 PM

Jun 2016
Another great episode, this arc has started very strong. A Hachi redemption arc is an awesome idea!

He wasn't racist, he helped Zoro, and he cares a lot about Camie and saves her every time she gets caught, and he has a dream that he's fulfilling by opening a takoyaki shop. He's really not a bad guy outside of the fact that he was a huge contributor in a horribly racist monsters enslavement on a human village and torture of Nami. He was content with that and he helped in that. Even if he didn't hold Arlong's beliefs, he seemed to be friends with Arlong and the others and that was enough for him to support that. Can he truly be redeemed?

Well it depends on who you ask. Interestingly, Luffy, Sanji, Zoro, and Usopp thought not, even if Luffy would have temporarily forgiven him for some takoyaki, however, the person most affected by his actions, Nami, was the one to forgive him. She heard about his relationship with Camie, how he would save her time and time again, and I suppose the fact someone as nice as Camie would care so much about him made her start to wonder about Hachi. And then when she took a moment to see how much he cared for Camie as he tried to break the cage with his head, she decided to forgive him. She's able to forgive him for his actions, claiming he was harmless. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually never did anything directly cruel to her and was actually somewhat kind to her as a kid, but regardless like I said, he stood for and endorsed Arlong's actions through his own.

Really though, I think Nami saw him for what he was. A harmless guy who helped some awful people because they were people was connected to, his nakama so to say. You can't say Arlong didn't love his fellow fish brethren, it was his major humanizing factor! Is that forgivable? Maybe not, he allowed that stuff to go on and helped with it. But, it's so amazing Nami was able to see through his actions and see him for what he was. Nami is a very strong willed and kind person. :) Wow, Hachi has suddenly became one of my favorite OP villains now that I see him in that light, I hope it continues! This is such a wonderful and interesting direction to take.

Speaking of Hachi, even he knew that Nami and them would kick the living hell out of him so seeing him panic and try and trade freedom for takoyaki with each fishman in a row was hysterical and he somehow got even funnier when he covered himself in ink later. The Straw Hats immediately saw through him and then he himself forgot he was pretending to be someone else and responded to Sanji about Arlong and the boys.

I was thinking Duval was Don Krieg until he mentioned his back wound or whatever and then I read people talking about him wanting revenge on Sanji in this thread. The harpoon weapon he was using reminded me of something Don Krieg would use. By the way, it's not that wild of a guess but we are so going to get a "who are you again?" moment!

P.S. Usopp and Franky have come a long way. They went from enemies at one point to handyman boys who love working on devices together. We've seen a few times them working together for a weapon that Usopp can use. They are so awesome.
Jul 26, 2020 2:15 AM

May 2016
It was really brave of Nami for her to give the greenlight to have the others save Hachi for Camie's sake. After all the horrible things the Arlong Pirates had put her through, it's understandable that she'd never forget what they've done but she didn't choose to hold a grudge when it meant that someone else will get hurt as a result.

I was pretty sure that Duval would be related to Zoro somehow but his grudge against Sanji left me in the dark again kek

Aug 2, 2020 5:58 PM

May 2020
Okay, now I have no idea who Duval's real identity is. I wonder if we've actually met him yet and I wonder why he has a grudge against them! Maybe he has a grudge against Brook or Franky? His mask is definitely cool!!
Sep 13, 2020 6:17 PM

Dec 2007
and here i thought action will be this ep... oh well at least it was comedy packed :)

it seems that duval is connected to sanji, wonder what is it.
May 25, 2021 10:51 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy is always ready to fight for Takoyaki. LOL
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 399 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faded_Star - Feb 14, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.